HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 05:13 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Just a quick question, who here wouldn't want PK at 25 million over the next 5 years?

Old
01-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Just a quick question, who here wouldn't want PK at 25 million over the next 5 years?
Me. Fowler got 4 Mill and he is vastly inferior to Subban in terms of all around play. 5 Mill per year is about 1 million to high but that extra money is banking on potential

Old
01-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Excellent! What we already knew but confirmed.
He also said that people around the league are saying similar things, Subban has not been put on the block at all.

Richie, might want to read again what he wrote...your reply is contradictory...

Old
01-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Well habs have never flexed their big money by giving long term front loaded deals. Maybe new management isn't like that, but so far they appear to be. I like that.
Maybe but from Subban's point of view Bergevin has come in and signed Price and Max to 6 year deals, Moen and Prust to 4 year deals, and Bouillon and Armstrong to 1 year deals. So by offering only 2 years it certainly gives the impression that management lacks faith in Subban

Old
01-24-2013, 05:17 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
Does anyone else find it strange that people point to Price and MaxPac's bridge contracts when talking about the organization's philosophy when we have an entirely new management team in place?
Good point. I guess the fact that since existing players have gone through this process, it would undermine them to do things differently with PK? I really don't know.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:20 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Good point. I guess the fact that since existing players have gone through this process, it would undermine them to do things differently with PK? I really don't know.
The argument many gives is that the other players who went through a bridge contract hadn't became a fixture to the team like PK did when they negotiated.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:21 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Excellent! What we already knew but confirmed.
I have been saying it since this fall.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:22 PM
HABsurde

Let's blame it on Gauthier, if the dummy would not have trade for Kaberle 4 millions contract, we would not be in that mess right now..... Damn Gauthier....

Old
01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Prust Y U MAD Bruins*

Pretzel Karl Subban is starting to piss me off. Salty ****er

Old
01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
He doesn't listen to the coaching staff...yet the coaching staff used him more than anyother player last year and even if there's a new coach in place, i'm 100% sure he's going to do the same

Something doesn't compute

Usually, when a player doesn't 'listen' to a coaching staff...they're playing time is reduce or even cut completely.

They don't usually have their icetime rise

But then again...I could be totally wrong
The problem with some fans and their interpretation of PK is a few tidbits here and there and blowing it out of proportion...like getting benched by Cunneyworth a couple games or the occasional run ins with teammates. He does have a bit of a brash personality and at times I'm sure he rubs teammates the wrong way, but I'm sure there are 2-3 guys like that on every team, Cup winners included. Because he is in a contract dispute some fans(lacking judgmnent) use this small sample of data and make it a mountain.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:26 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
The argument many gives is that the other players who went through a bridge contract hadn't became a fixture to the team like PK did when they negotiated.
Right, but the poster I replied to was wondering why management is using bridge contracts as a modus operandi when the management is new and didn't sign these players to a bridge contract in the first place - the previous regime did. Thus it wouldn't be "out of character" to sign PK to a long term contract because it is a new management with new philosophies.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
My point is we can't just assume management is adamant that every player must go through a bridge contract since Bergevin didn't give out those contracts. I assume he's not going to adopt Gainey's 'Never negotiate during the season philosophy' just because that's how the old management did it.

So either they feel all RFAs should have a bridge contract or they don't have faith in Subban. Can't say I'm happy about either scenario to be honest

Old
01-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Right, but the poster I replied to was wondering why management is using bridge contracts as a modus operandi when the management is new and didn't sign these players to a bridge contract in the first place - the previous regime did. Thus it wouldn't be "out of character" to sign PK to a long term contract because it is a new management with new philosophies.
Apparently not.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Malmsteen44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Right now he is a thoroughbred, but he still doesn't know how to race. It takes more than a couple of seasons in the NHL. He's no Bobby Orr.
Yeah the league is full of Bobby Orrs. There is ahhh, ummm, and then there is umm, ohh, and then there is. Oh wait a minute, there is ONLY ONE BOBBY ORR (arguably one of the 2 or 3 greatest players in history). OYE VAY!! I love how talent scouts know all there is about playing in the NHL. Obviously it is based on their years on ice playing in the NHL.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:32 PM
ScottFC

Apperently PK Subban told Meehan today to do whatever it takes to get a deal done because he just wants to play and his agents meeting up with Molson this weekend

Source: http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...une-resolution

Old
01-24-2013, 05:33 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFC View Post
Apperently PK Subban told Meehan today to do whatever it takes to get a deal done because he just wants to play and his agents meeting up with Molson this weekend

Almost 3 hours late there Scott, but thanks anyway.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Malmsteen44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
He doesn't listen to the coaching staff...yet the coaching staff used him more than anyother player last year and even if there's a new coach in place, i'm 100% sure he's going to do the same

Something doesn't compute

Usually, when a player doesn't 'listen' to a coaching staff...they're playing time is reduce or even cut completely.

They don't usually have their icetime rise

But then again...I could be totally wrong
No you are not "totally wrong." Something definitely does not compute and it is that poster making stuff up.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Sorinth

Quote:

Which can mean either Subban is willing to budge or that Meehan will start looking for offer sheets from other teams

Old
01-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Malmsteen44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prust Y U MAD Bruins View Post
Pretzel Karl Subban is starting to piss me off. Salty ****er
Nothing like an internet big mouth posting garbage from the comfy of mommy's basement.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:36 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Apparently not.
Haha, good point.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Either the new management is for the bridge contract or they just have doubts about PK. We don't know the answer to that at the moment.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Who wouldn't? Beside Bergevin, I mean

Old
01-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
It is not a question of money.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
We didn't finish last because of the 24 minutes a game PK was on the ice, but rather because of the 36 minutes a game PK was not on the ice.

Subban was a +9 last year playing against elite opposition, and the team as a whole was a -14.

That means the Habs were -23 when PK wasn't on the ice... -23 against the leftover opposition... that's really bad.
Close, but +/- is stupid and factors in PP and PK numbers in an ill-thought out manner.

5 on 5 the team was -7 in total, +13 with Subban. Leftovers were -20. Gorges was +9. So Subban was 33 goals better than the rest of the defense. Subban's main pluses were with Gorges and Kaberle. Whoever played 2nd pairing got slapped around last year playing a role they were completely out-matched at. Emelin spent the most time on the 2nd so he got the worst +/-. Kaberle-Emelin was the only 2nd pair to play neutral hockey for any length of time.

On good teams the tendancy is for the top players to have high +/- relative to team, on bad ones low (Call it the Eric Staal effect as he was the most recent victim, Plekanec got it in the face as well). Good teams tend to play their best players in a role they can't hope to win. Seeing a player playing the hardest role on a bad team and win is pretty rare.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:40 PM
stug*

Quote:

"Just wants to play" yeah Subban no fans are falling for that lie anymore. We all know how much you players "just want to play".

Old
01-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Shazbot

proposal to the Islanders

How a trade to the Islanders involving

Subban
Kaberle
Eller

and from their side
Niederreiter
Streit
and maybe Hamonic ?

Subban gets united with best friend Tavares. Eller joins countryman Nielsen. Streit and Niederreiter join countryman Diaz.

Closed Thread