HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FSOhio production is TERRIBLE! (All CBJ broadcast kvetching here)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2013, 08:32 PM
  #551
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Howitzer that was me on Twitter lol
Nice

__________________
@Aportzline: RT @skeezer1212: @Aportzline are you on record about if you think they should trade Nash, *Carter? / Not my place. Reporter, not columnist.
1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:53 PM
  #552
DJAnimosity
ghosts 'n stuff
 
DJAnimosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Beyond the Infinite
Country: Wales
Posts: 14,283
vCash: 500
Have to say this Kamal guy is god awful so far. He actually makes me miss Ray Crawford, which takes a LOT of work. His interaction with Maetzold is junior high prom-awkward and nearly unwatchable.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:58 PM
  #553
Halfboard
mmmm, beer
 
Halfboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Springtucky
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Have to say this Kamal guy is god awful so far. He actually makes me miss Ray Crawford, which takes a LOT of work. His interaction with Maetzold is junior high prom-awkward and nearly unwatchable.
Yeah, he stinks; and so does the set they use for the pregame. Looks like something a high school media class put together in their mom's basement.............

When you have Center Ice & can compare to other teams' production; it's really quite embarrassing.

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:09 PM
  #554
arudick
Registered User
 
arudick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Don't be hating on the Kia Soul Hampsters...

arudick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:58 PM
  #555
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 23,183
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by arudick View Post
Don't be hating on the Kia Soul Hampsters...
Space Hamsters FTW!

Sadly, nothing will ever truly replace FarmersOnly.com.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:05 PM
  #556
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
I like Natalie, I think she is very attractive, I have seen her in person and that is even better! I think she knows her stuff and doesn't fumble around with words. She is a welcome respite from the crap we have seen on the ice, her reporting brightens things up, at least for me!
Gotta give Natalie some credit for getting rid of that "80's bar hair" that plaqued her last year. The new softer look is much nicer.

Plus she looks less like Dee Snider, which is good!

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:13 PM
  #557
Samkow
Global Moderator
Rookie User
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 14,922
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Space Hamsters FTW!

Sadly, nothing will ever truly replace FarmersOnly.com.
Kiasoulownersonly.com might.

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:53 PM
  #558
Kev22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plain City, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Gotta give Natalie some credit for getting rid of that "80's bar hair" that plaqued her last year. The new softer look is much nicer.

Plus she looks less like Dee Snider, which is good!
Now if she could get some talent and get rid of the Hello Kitty notebook, we might be in business.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:10 PM
  #559
VandyBuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
I think Kamal is damn knowledgeable. I appreciate listening to him. He's definitely not snazzy, spiffy, ESPN-y, new-agey...just a knowledgeable guy talking hockey, which I prefer.

On Natalie's hair. That's hysterical. The only moments of the game my wife will watch are with Natalie so she can laugh at her still very bad hair.

VandyBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:26 PM
  #560
jacketsnc33
Registered User
 
jacketsnc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 119
vCash: 500
Dan comes off as an awkward nerd trying too hard.

jacketsnc33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:12 PM
  #561
stoney17
Registered User
 
stoney17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hilliard, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
One thing we all need to remember about kamal, he has been a play by play man during his career and not a studio host. When he doesn't have time to think about what he is going to say, he is actually pretty good.

stoney17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:17 AM
  #562
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,375
vCash: 500
No excuse accepted for that fiasco, last night. A home Saturday vs. one of our most hated Central Division mates and UVerse fans have to watch Xavier/Richmond to conclusion
? Bush league.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:20 AM
  #563
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
No excuse accepted for that fiasco, last night. A home Saturday vs. one of our most hated Central Division mates and UVerse fans have to watch Xavier/Richmond to conclusion
? Bush league.
But what about the three musketeer fans in Columbus?

EspenK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:36 AM
  #564
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
But what about the three musketeer fans in Columbus?
Don't make it worse, #21, I'm still fuming!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:15 PM
  #565
Paisano*
Jury is still out...
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Well I'm not sure what the feeling on these boards is for Directv but I have never been denied or cut off from a CBJ game because of some hick town director deciding to show Hoboken State or some other lame broadcast. DTV has all options covered with Fox Sports Ohio and Fox Sports Cincinnati. One of them always has the game. I do remember one time where there was a conflict where both of those were covering different events so the Jackets were simply shifted to an alternate station and no one skipped a beat! It costs about the same but there are all kinds of deals out there to get it even cheaper. You can also get $10 a month off for ten months if someone with Directv refers you, they also get ten bucks off. (If u need a referral and don't know anyone with Directv, you can use me!)

Just my two cents worth!

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:48 PM
  #566
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners
 
Fred Glover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney17 View Post
One thing we all need to remember about kamal, he has been a play by play man during his career and not a studio host. When he doesn't have time to think about what he is going to say, he is actually pretty good.
I think he is excellent, he knows his hockey

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:49 PM
  #567
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners
 
Fred Glover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
Well I'm not sure what the feeling on these boards is for Directv but I have never been denied or cut off from a CBJ game because of some hick town director deciding to show Hoboken State or some other lame broadcast. DTV has all options covered with Fox Sports Ohio and Fox Sports Cincinnati. One of them always has the game. I do remember one time where there was a conflict where both of those were covering different events so the Jackets were simply shifted to an alternate station and no one skipped a beat! It costs about the same but there are all kinds of deals out there to get it even cheaper. You can also get $10 a month off for ten months if someone with Directv refers you, they also get ten bucks off. (If u need a referral and don't know anyone with Directv, you can use me!)

Just my two cents worth!
I have Direct TV and will not go back to Time Warner. I agree, DTV is excellent

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:25 PM
  #568
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!
 
MattTheMask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 500
I had always hoped Sports Time Ohio, better known as STO, would pick up the Blue Jackets games. They already air pretty much all 162 of the Cleveland Indians games, the OHSAA tournaments including hockey, and many other items. But recently they were purchased by Fox Sports, so I imagine even if STO were to finally get the CBJ contract that nothing would change in terms of quality since they are now another Fox Sports network.

It should be noted, that Saturday night's fiasco might be avoided in the future because of this purchase. There are now rumors that STO will become FSO2. So we will have a FSO and FSO2, and one would think this can only help alleviate issues when the Jackets/Cavs/Xavier/Anything else, is overlapping with one another.

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:33 PM
  #569
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,430
vCash: 500
Most cable systems already have two FSO channels. What happened Saturday was a provider problem not a FSO problem. I have never had a problem with Time Warner since they added the alt channel. They also now have another overflow channel so there should never be a conflict.


Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 02-04-2013 at 05:41 PM.
1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:42 AM
  #570
scrogs63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Most cable systems already have two FSO channels. What happened Saturday was a provider problem not a FSO problem. I have never had a problem with Time Warner since they added the alt channel. They also now have another overflow channel so there should never be a conflict.
It was an FSO problem, they acknowledged it on their facebook page. It sounds like they had no clue what feed they were sending to which provider

scrogs63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:51 AM
  #571
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,235
vCash: 500
The third and fourth banana broadcasters are a low paying revolving door stepping stone thing, and an easy way to bring some new flavor every year or two.

What's really surprising is how long Davidge has been kept on. "Color" is a good place for younger ex player types to breath some new life into the broadcasting of a bad team.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:05 AM
  #572
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
The third and fourth banana broadcasters are a low paying revolving door stepping stone thing, and an easy way to bring some new flavor every year or two.

What's really surprising is how long Davidge has been kept on. "Color" is a good place for younger ex player types to breath some new life into the broadcasting of a bad team.
I thought George and Bill were a good pairing, but Rimer and Davidge just doesn't work for me. Perhaps it would be better with McEligotte (sp?) on TV and Bill back on radio, where his long-winded and obvious explanations are actually helpful? Maybe Kamel is in line for one of the spots, either play-by-play or color?

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:58 AM
  #573
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrogs63 View Post
It was an FSO problem, they acknowledged it on their facebook page. It sounds like they had no clue what feed they were sending to which provider
Ok, did not see that. Most of the time it is a provider problem.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:20 PM
  #574
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 23,183
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I thought George and Bill were a good pairing, but Rimer and Davidge just doesn't work for me. Perhaps it would be better with McEligotte (sp?) on TV and Bill back on radio, where his long-winded and obvious explanations are actually helpful? Maybe Kamel is in line for one of the spots, either play-by-play or color?
I could go for that. George and Bob, bless their hearts, still step on eachother's toes now and again during the broadcast.

And it's "McElligott", for the record.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:43 PM
  #575
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 17,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I could go for that. George and Bob, bless their hearts, still step on eachother's toes now and again during the broadcast.

And it's "McElligott", for the record.
Oh the dude with George on the radio right now? I don't listen often, but I would prefer him over Davidge on TV any day of the week. Of the 4, he is the one I like the most. By far. I like George, but he's too hyper. Hard to follow the game. The TV crew we have now just sucks.

I swear if Bill Davidge doesn't figure out that the majority of time outs called before the last minute of the game are related to an icing, I am going to have to.... Get mad I guess.... It is amazing how many times he tries to explain a timeout when it is nothing more than to give their guys rest who were stuck in their zone for a while and iced the puck.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.