HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Northern Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2013, 11:06 AM
  #1
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

This years count start at 6 danish NHL players. Here with the inclusion from dklap3 of some hockey cards of our current NHL players to admire:

Frans Nielsen - New York Islanders.


Jannik Hansen - Vancouver Canucks.


Peter Regin - Ottawa Senators.


Lars Eller - Montreal Canadians.


Mikkel Bødker - Phoenix Coyotes.


Philip Larsen - Dallas Stars.


The two newcomers this year:
Oliver Lauridsen - Philadelphia Flyers.


Nicklas Jensen - Vancouver Canucks.


Thoughts about possible new danish NHL players:
Frederik Andersen was backup goalie for Jonas Hiller for Anaheim in the opening game but without seeing any icetime. He has been send back to AHL and his place taken by Victor Fasth. So it seems that last years rivalry as best goalkeeper in SEL will continue in Anaheim.

I don't think Oliver Lauridsen are close yet to get a shot for Philadelphia, but you never know if they run into a lot of injuries and he continues his good +/- statistics in AHL for Adirondack. [This was precisely what happened and Oliver Lauridsen got his debut].

If Vancouver goes to the Stanley Cup playoffs and Nicklas Jensen ends his season with AIK while they are still in action in NHL he might get a shot already this season. [Nicklas Jensen was brought in already in the regular season after AIK didn't qualify for playoff in the SEL and a few matches for Chicago Wolves in the AHL following as warm up for NHL].

[Markus Lauridsen got a 2-year entry level contract with Colorado Avalanches, and was promoted from CHL to Lake Erie Monsters in the AHL].


Last edited by Justinov: 04-04-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Justinov is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 01:24 PM
  #2
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Eller was benched yesterday, and will also be benched next game..

Fans nor management are satisfied with him.. I think he needs to find a new club SOON..

Watched a couple games, Nielsen looked rusty despite playing during lockout, very dissapointing!!!

Boedker looked good, but his line looks akward...

Larsen played solid, though not trusted with as many minutes as last year..

Hansen was solid as always...

Regin has gotten 9 and 10mins TOI, mostly on the 3rd and 4th lines, he's done for !!!

Sorry but to me, the trend for the danes in the NHL is a downward one....

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 01:51 PM
  #3
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Eller was benched yesterday, and will also be benched next game..

Fans nor management are satisfied with him.. I think he needs to find a new club SOON..

Watched a couple games, Nielsen looked rusty despite playing during lockout, very dissapointing!!!

Boedker looked good, but his line looks akward...

Larsen played solid, though not trusted with as many minutes as last year..

Hansen was solid as always...

Regin has gotten 9 and 10mins TOI, mostly on the 3rd and 4th lines, he's done for !!!

Sorry but to me, the trend for the danes in the NHL is a downward one....
Its still too early to say if the trend is going up or down, but its certainly not the start we were hoping for.
Whether Eller is benched because they want to trade or the coach just dislikes his "lazy" game and want to send him a message to work much harder or he is used as a scapegoat we will probably very soon find out.

At least Bødker, Larsen and Hansen was solid. So a little good news before we all reach collective depression
Also surprised to hear that Frans Nielsen should be rusty, but if his offence fails (he did only score 4 goals for Lukko) he is still really good as a defensive 3'rd liner.

Regin has been injured so long that Ottawa's probably dont really have him in their plans before he can show he can be healthy a whole season. But he can keep his chances for next year if he plays well on the 4'th line this season out. One more injury and he is probably history when his contract runs out next year. That he even got a contract for this year clearly shows they are still willing to see if he can turn it around.

Justinov is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 04:48 PM
  #4
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Its still too early to say if the trend is going up or down, but its certainly not the start we were hoping for.
Whether Eller is benched because they want to trade or the coach just dislikes his "lazy" game and want to send him a message to work much harder or he is used as a scapegoat we will probably very soon find out.

At least Bødker, Larsen and Hansen was solid. So a little good news before we all reach collective depression
Also surprised to hear that Frans Nielsen should be rusty, but if his offence fails (he did only score 4 goals for Lukko) he is still really good as a defensive 3'rd liner.

Regin has been injured so long that Ottawa's probably dont really have him in their plans before he can show he can be healthy a whole season. But he can keep his chances for next year if he plays well on the 4'th line this season out. One more injury and he is probably history when his contract runs out next year. That he even got a contract for this year clearly shows they are still willing to see if he can turn it around.
In regards to Eller, I wrote this on the Habs forum.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
I like the Habs, but as a dane, I really hope Eller find's a new club...

I don't think he has proven himself yet, but I also don't think he has been given a proper chance yet...

Nor do I think he ever will...

I don't think there is room for him to develope properly on your team..

He clearly does not have the talent that Gally has, and wont be given the same room to improve...

I don't know if he is even suited for the NHL, id actually like to see him in the SEL or KHL, that is if im looking with my Danish National team glasses..

Im not bad mouthing your team or management, I just think Eller is in a bad spot, not his fault, not Montreal's, just bad luck..
I think this is true, and sadly I think that if Montreal does not trade Eller we will NEVER see his true potential

I think Montreal should do him right by trading him, this game they are playing now is not fair for anyone....

I think Larsen and Hansen were solid, Boedker still looks nervous on the NHL ice.. He looked so confident in the SM Liiga. He showed his true talent with his rush up the ice, but he didn't shoot enough and his linemates are too slow to get his plays..

Nielsen didn't play a bad game last time, he just had a couple good chances that he normally bags, not turn into anything.. He did drew a penalty on a breakaway although not a penalty shot.

I think Regin is done, he is to weak for the NHL we need him in Europe.. He is not suited for 4th line duties, so if they want him to show off on the 4th line, they'll be dissapointed.. Im not really that exited.. I know it's only a few games in, but still..

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:04 AM
  #5
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
In regards to Eller, I wrote this on the Habs forum.

I think this is true, and sadly I think that if Montreal does not trade Eller we will NEVER see his true potential

I think Montreal should do him right by trading him, this game they are playing now is not fair for anyone....

I think Larsen and Hansen were solid, Boedker still looks nervous on the NHL ice.. He looked so confident in the SM Liiga. He showed his true talent with his rush up the ice, but he didn't shoot enough and his linemates are too slow to get his plays..

Nielsen didn't play a bad game last time, he just had a couple good chances that he normally bags, not turn into anything.. He did drew a penalty on a breakaway although not a penalty shot.

I think Regin is done, he is to weak for the NHL we need him in Europe.. He is not suited for 4th line duties, so if they want him to show off on the 4th line, they'll be dissapointed.. Im not really that exited.. I know it's only a few games in, but still..
Bødker got some more points with 2 assists last night. Still no danish goal though.

But it certainly looks critical for Eller and Regin. Fortunately for their careers their playing style should be (maybe even better) suited for big ice hockey, so maybe we will see some danes in the KHL, if they cant continue in North America.

Justinov is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 09:31 AM
  #6
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Bødker got some more points with 2 assists last night. Still no danish goal though.

But it certainly looks critical for Eller and Regin. Fortunately for their careers their playing style should be (maybe even better) suited for big ice hockey, so maybe we will see some danes in the KHL, if they cant continue in North America.
I on holiday at the moment, so I get to watch allot of games

Watched the Yotes game and Boedker looks WILD, he will light it up

Eller needs to get away.. Would love him and Regin in the K

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 07:21 PM
  #7
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Well 2 games in is one of the worst time to do a power ranking. The guys are either on teams with rusty players and/or them self getting used to the North American-hockey style again. It's really a turbulent time in the NHL. It'll settle down down the road but right now not much of value is worth assessing.

But what the hey, I'll bite Mostly because this thread lacks a silver lining!

Hansen:
+: Is getting PP-time(3:36 P/G) unlike last year(0:06 P/G). That's promising for his point production
-: Teams kinda not set on what works. Injuries to Kessler and Booth may cause some offensive drought.

Trending upwards.

Nielsen:
+: Still getting PP. Seems to be in a 2C-role. Nice for him.
-: Islanders' mess. D-corp horrible. Tough year ahead.

Trending sideways

Boedker:
+: Is building on his good Playoff and is right where he should be on a productive line. Increased PP-time.
-: If Smith is injuried for some time Phoenix will have a hard time. Including Boedker.

Trending sideways... perhaps a little bit upwards

Larsen:
+: Looks like Dallas is looking at Larsen as one of their building blocks on the blue line. Dillon and him could be a 1st or 2nd pairing for some time. Fistric gone - replaced by Benn. Fistric had something Larsen didn't -> Big hitter. Benn is a poorer version of Larsen in many ways.
-: Rookie partner(Dillon). They were out there in the last minutes against Phoenix, but it will not the go-to-guys on the defence with Daley on one of the other pairings and the coaching staffs crush on Robidas and Larsen's last partner Goligoski.

Same as Boedker. Needs to focus on improving in his new role. Then things will come naturally.

Regin:
+: Back on the ice
-: Back in the bottom 6

Wasn't on ice most of last year so i guess he's trending upwards.

Eller:
+: ??? A chance to get out of Montreal?
-: Of the team. In the doghouse.

Trending downwards

PS. IMO Eller's is ideal for a defense-first-team. He's big, good at defensive responsibilities and a team player, that can add offense to at third line and has shown ability to find chemistry with more gifted players(Kostinsyn, LeBlanc). St. Louis, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Jersey(If they still play like i remember them)? I'm not to worried about him

Regin on the other hand... His should simply has to put up og shut up this year. Not liking those odds

Good thread Let's keep an eye on things...

Bank is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:05 PM
  #8
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Well 2 games in is one of the worst time to do a power ranking. The guys are either on teams with rusty players and/or them self getting used to the North American-hockey style again. It's really a turbulent time in the NHL. It'll settle down down the road but right now not much of value is worth assessing.

But what the hey, I'll bite Mostly because this thread lacks a silver lining!

Hansen:
+: Is getting PP-time(3:36 P/G) unlike last year(0:06 P/G). That's promising for his point production
-: Teams kinda not set on what works. Injuries to Kessler and Booth may cause some offensive drought.

Trending upwards.

Nielsen:
+: Still getting PP. Seems to be in a 2C-role. Nice for him.
-: Islanders' mess. D-corp horrible. Tough year ahead.

Trending sideways

Boedker:
+: Is building on his good Playoff and is right where he should be on a productive line. Increased PP-time.
-: If Smith is injuried for some time Phoenix will have a hard time. Including Boedker.

Trending sideways... perhaps a little bit upwards

Larsen:
+: Looks like Dallas is looking at Larsen as one of their building blocks on the blue line. Dillon and him could be a 1st or 2nd pairing for some time. Fistric gone - replaced by Benn. Fistric had something Larsen didn't -> Big hitter. Benn is a poorer version of Larsen in many ways.
-: Rookie partner(Dillon). They were out there in the last minutes against Phoenix, but it will not the go-to-guys on the defence with Daley on one of the other pairings and the coaching staffs crush on Robidas and Larsen's last partner Goligoski.

Same as Boedker. Needs to focus on improving in his new role. Then things will come naturally.

Regin:
+: Back on the ice
-: Back in the bottom 6

Wasn't on ice most of last year so i guess he's trending upwards.

Eller:
+: ??? A chance to get out of Montreal?
-: Of the team. In the doghouse.

Trending downwards

PS. IMO Eller's is ideal for a defense-first-team. He's big, good at defensive responsibilities and a team player, that can add offense to at third line and has shown ability to find chemistry with more gifted players(Kostinsyn, LeBlanc). St. Louis, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Jersey(If they still play like i remember them)? I'm not to worried about him

Regin on the other hand... His should simply has to put up og shut up this year. Not liking those odds

Good thread Let's keep an eye on things...
Great post

I guess I agree with most of it... I think the dire positions Eller and Regin are in, is what is making me this pessimistic...

Hmm I agree on that, just don't see any teams taking him?

We have two SC finalist's in the Kings and the Devils, plus the Kings are stacked at C!

Don't see him going back to St. Louis.. Maybe Phoenix as they lack some young blood at C! They are quite senior at that position..

Team im thinking could use a 2 or 3C is San Jose, Handzus and Dejardanus are not satisfying...

Islanders are leading 5-3 against the Leafs as we speak, Nielsen has 2A so far, one from a nice take away at the blue line

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:13 PM
  #9
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Team im thinking could use a 2 or 3C is San Jose, Handzus and Dejardanus are not satisfying...
Actually that might be a better option... Great thinking. How about Calgary? Ducks? Koivu ain't 20 any more Perhaps Colorado if O'Reilly is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Islanders are leading 5-3 against the Leafs as we speak, Nielsen has 2A so far, one from a nice take away at the blue line
Was just coming here to post it, so:

Frans Nielsen 3g 0+3
Mikkel Bødker: 3g, 0+3
Jannik Hansen, 3g, 0+2
Larsen, Eller and Regin still at 0+0.

Bank is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:35 PM
  #10
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Actually that might be a better option... Great thinking. How about Calgary? Ducks? Koivu ain't 20 any more Perhaps Colorado if O'Reilly is going.



Was just coming here to post it, so:

Frans Nielsen 3g 0+3
Mikkel Bødker: 3g, 0+3
Jannik Hansen, 3g, 0+2
Larsen, Eller and Regin still at 0+0.
Just got this from the Montreal board:


Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
MAG did not paint a rosy picture for Eller on TSN just now. Said that Eller is definitely not a Michel Therrien kind of player and that he likely had his mind made up about him before even stepping on the ice.

Yeesh.
So I think it's safe to say that Eller IS in the doghouse, lets hope he gets a trade.. Poor kid..

As for the Ducks, Koivu, Holland and Getzlaf might be too much of a bite for Eller.

The Flames look weak, so you might have a point there, would be fun to se him centering a line with Bärtschi

Avs have Duchene, and that's about it, so maybe there too

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:47 PM
  #11
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Just got this from the Montreal board:

Look like he's out yeah... The "trying to light a fire up under him" is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
As for the Ducks, Koivu, Holland and Getzlaf might be too much of a bite for Eller.

The Flames look weak, so you might have a point there, would be fun to se him centering a line with Bärtschi

Avs have Duchene, and that's about it, so maybe there too
Well Koivu has to end his career at some point. And Getzlaf is UFA. A battle with Holland for 2C/3C is about the best there is.

With the exception of Calgary... wow... just checked them out. He could fit there. Colorado also has Statsny, so it would be a 3C.

Btw. Philip Larsen is playing a kinda good game. Dallas defense is simply horrible. Oh and Benn(The good one) will be back. Just signed a 5 year contract. Good news.

Bank is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:51 PM
  #12
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Look like he's out yeah... The "trying to light a fire up under him" is gone.



Well Koivu has to end his career at some point. And Getzlaf is UFA. A battle with Holland for 2C/3C is about the best there is.

With the exception of Calgary... wow... just checked them out. He could fit there. Colorado also has Statsny, so it would be a 3C.

Btw. Philip Larsen is playing a kinda good game. Dallas defense is simply horrible. Oh and Benn(The good one) will be back. Just signed a 5 year contract. Good news.
Forgot about Statsny

So Flames, Sharks, Yotes in that order would be good fits...

Would LOVE to see him in Phoenix, not gonna happen though..

Yeah saw the stars boards, looks like they are impressed by him...

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 09:03 PM
  #13
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
In other news... Philip Larsen takes his fourth penalty this year. Some of them has been stupid. That needs to change.

Bank is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 09:08 PM
  #14
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Putting Chicago out their. They need a 3C badly if their boards speak the truth. That could be Eller. That way he'd be on a team with some winning culture to spark some confidence.

Before the end of the night I'll have Eller playing the half the NHL

Bank is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:05 AM
  #15
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Thanks for all the feedback to my thread, so lets keep it rolling!!

If you can't score you must assist. Still a night without danish goals, but at least Frans Nielsen got 2 assists on his line with Grabner and Boyes in the Islanders 7-4 win and Mikkel Bødker got another assist in Phoenix 3-5 loss.

Beside Larsen taking too many penalties for a posistionel rather than a physical defender and being at -1, all the danes still have good +/-statistics. Lucky for the danish players they are not score-or-bust types since they always can contributed defensively.

Mikkel Bødker 4A and +3
Frans Nielsen 2A and +3
Jannik Hansen 2A and +0
Philip Larsen -1
Peter Regin +2 (agree he has to accept it's probably 4'rd line for the year out, being good defensively and avoid injury...then see what next year will bring when his contract runs out).
Lars Eller +0 (Doghouse or new club?)

Justinov is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:15 AM
  #16
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Bank & Vikingnuck: Interesting ideas of clubs that might need/want Eller as center.

Just a shame that his value will probably decrease a lot since he was put in the doghouse labelled "lazy" (showing lack of intensity). Really bad business move if you want to trade him for something valuable.

The idea of a Niederreiter-Eller trade to have Lars Eller as a 2C or 3C on Islanders (depending on where you put Frans Nielsen) and giving Montreal a more powerful forward to their leightweight squad sounds like a serious idea?
Give Islanders more time to get Ryan Strome ready for that 2C role many see him on in the future.

Justinov is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:13 AM
  #17
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Well id actually LOVE for Eller to be an Islander, at least the danes in the NHL don't have ego's to large to play for a bottom team..

WTF is up with players wanting trades from that club? Niedereitter has proven nothing at NHL level yet what's up with that?

Anywho Islanders, Yotes would be good for Eller because of the danes on the team. Flames might be good as he would be trusted with big minutes, they seriously lack talent at C.

Sharks have a VERY effective D core and 1st line, but their C's at 2 & 3 are lackluster.

Bust as Justinov says, who's gonna take in damaged goods?? They are really handing it too him in Montreal.. Kind of makes you wonder why the heck they traded for him..

They should have the decency too trade him away and give him a chance, but I dont think thats gonna happen, they traded away Halak for him in a package, and they would want something substanital for him, which they wont get.. so it's either AHL or going back to Europe, not honouring his contract..

I feel so sorry for the kid.....

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:23 AM
  #18
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Well id actually LOVE for Eller to be an Islander, at least the danes in the NHL don't have ego's to large to play for a bottom team..

WTF is up with players wanting trades from that club? Niedereitter has proven nothing at NHL level yet what's up with that?

Anywho Islanders, Yotes would be good for Eller because of the danes on the team. Flames might be good as he would be trusted with big minutes, they seriously lack talent at C.

Sharks have a VERY effective D core and 1st line, but their C's at 2 & 3 are lackluster.

Bust as Justinov says, who's gonna take in damaged goods?? They are really handing it too him in Montreal.. Kind of makes you wonder why the heck they traded for him..

They should have the decency too trade him away and give him a chance, but I dont think thats gonna happen, they traded away Halak for him in a package, and they would want something substanital for him, which they wont get.. so it's either AHL or going back to Europe, not honouring his contract..

I feel so sorry for the kid.....
Since I only really follow the NHL teams with danish players on it , what is the C's playing in San Jose and Calgary currently??

Justinov is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:40 AM
  #19
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Since I only really follow the NHL teams with danish players on it , what is the C's playing in San Jose and Calgary currently??
Left Wing
Center
Right Wing
Marleau
Thorton(C)
Pavelski
Galidari
Handzus
Wingels
Sheperd
Desjardins
Burish
Clowe
Couture
Havlat

Left Defenseman
Right Defenseman
Vlasic
Stuart
Irwin
Boyle
Murray
Braun

Goalie
Niemi

For the Sharks

&

Left Wing
Center
Right Wing
Cammalleri
Backlund
Iginla(C)
Glencross
Tanguay
Stempniak
Bärtschi
Stajan
Comeau
Horak
Jones
Jackman

Left Defenseman
Right Defenseman
Giordano
Bouwmeister
Brody
Wideman
Smith
Sarich

Goalie
Kiprusoff

Cervenka (Cleared to play Sat.)

For the Flames

I would love to see Eller centering Bärtschi in Calgary...


Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 01-25-2013 at 11:12 AM.
ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:55 AM
  #20
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Left Wing
Center
Right Wing
Marleau
Thorton(C)
Pavelski
Galidari
Handzus
Wingels
Sheperd
Dejardanus
Burish
Clowe
Couture
Havlat

Left Defenseman
Right Defenseman
Vlasic
Stuart
Irwin B][/B]
Boyle
Murray
Braun

Goalie
Niemi

For the Sharks

&

Rosters/Injuries/Scratches
Flames
Cammalleri - Backlund - Iginla
Glencross - Tanguay - Stempniak
Baertschi - Stajan - Comeau
Horak - Jones - Jackman


Giordano - Bouwmeester
Brodie - Wideman
Smith - Sarich

Kiprusoff
Irving

Injuries
Babchuk (Shoulder)

Scratches
Hudler (Personal)
Cervenka (Cleared to play Sat.)
Smith (Healthy)
Begin (Healthy)


For the flames
Thanks
For San Jose this guy Dejardanus I don't know at all (EDIT: must be Desjardins off course), but Handzus is a experienced player that is good defensively. So you point is getting Handzus to play 3C and have Eller as 2C?! But why they play Logan Couture as 4C?? He should be easily a top6 forward with his production in former years.

I don't think it looks all that great in Calgary. Backlund, Tanguay, Stajan and then Roman Cervenka being injured, who is a true KHL supestar but yet to show himself in NHL. Does look much thougher in my opinion than for instance Islanders, since Cervenka probably move to 1C when healthy and the Backlund to 3C keeping Tanguay as 2C?!

Islanders looks better and probably also Phoenix for getting a 2C or 3C spot?!


Last edited by Justinov: 01-25-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Justinov is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:04 AM
  #21
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Thanks
For San Jose this guy Dejardanus I don't know at all, but Handzus is a experienced player that is good defensively. So you point is getting Handzus to play 3C and have Eller as 2C?!

I don't think it looks all that great in Calgary. Backlund, Tanguay, Stajan and then Roman Cervenka being injured, who is a true KHL supestar but yet to show himself in NHL. Does look much thougher in my opinion than for instance Islanders, since Cervenka probably move to 1C when healthy and the Backlund to 3C keeping Tanguay as 2C?!

Islanders looks better and probably also Phoenix for getting a 2C or 3C spot?!
Handzus has been critisized recently for being sluggish and on the verge of retirement, Dejardanus is really lackluster. They need a big strong 2 or 3C plus San Jose are a more scoring team than the Habs.

Tanguay isn't getting younger and his numbers have been decresing every year.

Stajans numbers are unimpressive as goes for Backlund.

Cervenka might have been brought over because of his KHL status, but he has yet too prove himself, yes their would be competetion, but he would also get more of a chance to prove himself

Islanders are not looking to trade away Nino even though he wants too, and even if, I don't think the Habs will get him..

Yotes might be a place for him, but Tippet is not known for playing young players in big roles other than Boedker and OEL, and even they had to wait untill last season

And YES it is Desjardins, the Yotes like to take the piss on the Sharks

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:10 AM
  #22
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Handzus has been critisized recently for being sluggish and on the verge of retirement, Dejardanus is really lackluster. They need a big strong 2 or 3C plus San Jose are a more scoring team than the Habs.

Tanguay isn't getting younger and his numbers have been decresing every year.

Stajans numbers are unimpressive as goes for Backlund.

Cervenka might have been brought over because of his KHL status, but he has yet too prove himself, yes their would be competetion, but he would also get more of a chance to prove himself

Islanders are not looking to trade away Nino even though he wants too, and even if, I don't think tha Habs will get him..

Yotes might be a place for him, but Tippet is not known for playing young players in big roles other than Boedker and OEL, and even they had to wait untill last season
So realistically for Eller he could be third C in San Jose. 1C Thornton 2C Couture (normally I would say he should be top6 as 2 times +30 scorer) 3C Eller (if Handzus and Tanguay are sluggish) 4C Desjardins or someone else. Still a lot of heavy guys he needs to bounce off.

Phoenix after Hanzal and Vermette as 3C might look even better. Lombardi (their 4C) that started very well also got injured i think...so a C spot open on the roster.

Justinov is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:15 AM
  #23
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
So realistically for Eller he could be third C in San Jose. 1C Thornton 2C Couture (normally I would say he should be top6 as 2 times +30 scorer) 3C Eller (if Handzus and Tanguay are sluggish) 4C Desjardins or someone else. Still a lot of heavy guys he needs to bounce off.

Phoenix after Hanzal and Vermette as 3C might look even better. Lombardi (their 4C) that started very well also got injured i think...so a C spot open on the roster.
Again San Jose have little talent as in young guns, all those guys arent far from retirement.. It would mean San Jose would be forced to try out Eller on the upper lines, even more so as the 2nd line hasn't really been producing.

But yes Phoenix would be my personal wish for him to go aswell. But as a 3C in Phoenix a very low scoring team, won't his offensive skill once again be put into hibernation? Ofcourse Phoenix and Tippet will tolerate this, as Eller is their kind of player..

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:23 AM
  #24
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Again San Jose have little talent as in young guns, all those guys arent far from retirement.. It would mean San Jose would be forced to try out Eller on the upper lines, even more so as the 2nd line hasn't really been producing.

But yes Phoenix would be my personal wish for him to go aswell. But as a 3C in Phoenix a very low scoring team, won't his offensive skill once again be put into hibernation? Ofcourse Phoenix and Tippet will tolerate this, as Eller is their kind of player..
Tippet would love Frans Nielsen as 3C, but Lars Eller would also be his kind of player. As I said before if danish offensive fails they always have their defensive skills as an asset.
They could even alternate between Vermette and Eller as 2C/3C to see if he can get more offensive going.....

EDIT: Bødker-Eller-Korpikoski would be a line where Eller could have excellent wing speed around him so he can unlearn his puckhugging as you called it!

Justinov is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:32 AM
  #25
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Tippet would love Frans Nielsen as 3C, but Lars Eller would also be his kind of player. As I said before if danish offensive fails they always have their defensive skills as an asset.
They could even alternate between Vermette and Eller as 2C/3C to see if he can get more offensive going.....

EDIT: Bødker-Eller-Korpikoski would be a line where Eller could have excellent wing speed around him so he can unlearn his puckhugging as you called it!
Indeed, the yotes board is full of fans wanting Nielsen to Phoenix.. He would be stud there... But yeah they are schooled well in defensive aspect of the game, im fine with that... Just seems that Montreal are forgetting it.

Would be nice, pissed me the hell off at the last WC, he just never passed the damn puck in time...

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.