HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 08:05 PM
  #301
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 17,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
I am a Leafs fan. However bad our goalies do, I think that is irrelevant for Vancouver. That bird has flown. The fat lady has sung. The sun has set. Peddle him elsewhere.
So Nonis was interested 2 weeks ago and now has no interest because Ben Scrivens looks pitiful and Reimer had a below average 1st game? Me thinks no.

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:06 PM
  #302
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Is this thread really going to get bumped whenever one of Luongo, Schneider, Scrivens or Reimer let in a goal?

StringerBell is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:06 PM
  #303
Co Ho*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Wow... if you thought the 4th goal against Scrivens was awful... the 5th one lol.

Yeah, he's almost a month late for Christmas, getting lit up like a Christmas tree and whatnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Is this thread really going to get bumped whenever one of Luongo, Schneider, Scrivens or Reimer let in a goal?
Short answer: Yes.

Co Ho* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:06 PM
  #304
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,231
vCash: 500
Scrivens has been ugly tonight. It still doesn't change the price Toronto would be willing to pay for Roberto.

The Saurus is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:06 PM
  #305
BoHorvatFan
Registered User
 
BoHorvatFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Is this thread really going to get bumped whenever one of Luongo, Schneider, Scrivens or Reimer let in a goal?
When people say they're out of the Luongo running after 3 games then have a goalie get lit up for 5, 2-3 of them being pathetic. It promotes discussion.

BoHorvatFan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:07 PM
  #306
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
So Nonis was interested 2 weeks ago and now has no interest because Ben Scrivens looks pitiful and Reimer had a below average 1st game? Me thinks no.
I don't know what game you were watching but James Reimer played well last night.

The Saurus is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:07 PM
  #307
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Two goal lead.

And if that's the measure, Roberto shouldn't be traded at all because Cory Schneider gave up a two goal lead last night.
And after a time we revisit this statement....what is it 5 goals now?

rune74 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:08 PM
  #308
Mitts McCann
Registered User
 
Mitts McCann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Ovechkin.


Being serious, I think Gillis would be looking at Johansson.
Johansson and either Forsberg or Kuznetsov

Mitts McCann is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:08 PM
  #309
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
I don't know what game you were watching but James Reimer played well last night.
I saw the pp goal he let in, that wasn't pretty but he did win.

rune74 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:09 PM
  #310
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Johansson and either Forsberg or Kuznetsov
Way too much. Mojo is a good start, but we wouldn't be getting a prospect of that calibre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
When people say they're out of the Luongo running after 3 games then have a goalie get lit up for 5, 2-3 of them being pathetic. It promotes discussion.
People don't know what the hell they're talking about. Anyone who thinks one game changes a GM's opinion is out to lunch. There's no reason one bad game should promote discussion.

StringerBell is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:09 PM
  #311
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
And after a time we revisit this statement....what is it 5 goals now?
Indeed. As if the Leafs should pay a hefty price for Roberto now in 2013 only to be cap-****ed in 2017.

A bad game in 2013 is certainly worth the implications in the future!

The Saurus is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:09 PM
  #312
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,249
vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Way too much. Mojo is a good start, but we wouldn't be getting a prospect of that calibre.
^Agree.

Scrivens is doing awful...

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:10 PM
  #313
Mitts McCann
Registered User
 
Mitts McCann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Way too much. Mojo is a good start, but we wouldn't be getting a prospect of that calibre.
Johansson, Wilson and a first.

Mitts McCann is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:12 PM
  #314
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
I saw the pp goal he let in, that wasn't pretty but he did win.
Try watching the entire game next time, otherwise your opinion is quite ignorant.

I remember Roberto Luongo letting in a back-breaking weak goal against Edmonton last in the second period. Does the asking price for Roberto plummet?

The Saurus is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:12 PM
  #315
dillyboy93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Johansson, Wilson and a first.
Johansson, Galiev & a first

dillyboy93 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:12 PM
  #316
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 17,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
I don't know what game you were watching but James Reimer played well last night.
Wasn't impressed. Never have been impressed with his combination of tecnique and athleticism. In my eyes, he's just another Alex Auld.

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:14 PM
  #317
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Try watching the entire game next time, otherwise your opinion is quite ignorant.

I remember Roberto Luongo letting in a back-breaking weak goal against Edmonton last in the second period. Does the asking price for Roberto plummet?
Really?? man you must have been watching a different game....I guess you are very emotional right now.

rune74 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:16 PM
  #318
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Johansson, Wilson and a first.
I think Washington might agree if the 1st is conditional on East finals appearance or it drops to a 2nd.
Though I do want a goaltender back right now, Lack still out and could benefit more from gaining more confidence in Chicago.
Nuvy has starter experience and playoff experience, he may flourish in a lesser role as a 1B behind Schneids. He's also young enough we can look at another one year contract in the summer just incase

mstad101 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:16 PM
  #319
FireEverybody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Really?? man you must have been watching a different game....I guess you are very emotional right now.
Could be worst. He could have got torched for 5 goals in 14 shots.

FireEverybody* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:18 PM
  #320
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Really?? man you must have been watching a different game....I guess you are very emotional right now.
Not at all. I'm content with whatever direction the Leafs take this year, as long as they hold on to their assets and gain more in the off-season through free agency and the draft.

Blowing their load on an aging goaltender that may not provide much after two or three years on a decade-long contract? Now that's something that would make me emotional.

The Saurus is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:20 PM
  #321
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Not at all. I'm content with whatever direction the Leafs take this year, as long as they hold on to their assets and gain more in the off-season through free agency and the draft.

Blowing their load on an aging goaltender that may not provide much after two or three years on a decade-long contract? Now that's something that would make me emotional.
And yet here you are in a thread about loungo getting traded.

rune74 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:21 PM
  #322
BoHorvatFan
Registered User
 
BoHorvatFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEverybody View Post
Could be worst. He could have got torched for 5 goals in 14 shots.
Hey at least that was the first game of the year and we know it won't happen often. However, what we're seeing from the Leafs goaltenders tonight will happen a lot.

BoHorvatFan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:21 PM
  #323
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
And yet here you are in a thread about loungo getting traded.
I was getting confused. With all the posts about the Leafs by Canucks fans, I could have sworn I was in a thread about the Leafs.

The Saurus is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:24 PM
  #324
timw33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Scrivens has been ugly tonight. It still doesn't change the price Toronto would be willing to pay for Roberto.
Kadri and Bozak scoring also doesn't change the asking price for Luongo either you know.

timw33 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:24 PM
  #325
rune74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
I was getting confused. With all the posts about the Leafs by Canucks fans, I could have sworn I was in a thread about the Leafs.
Well, I guess I can see how you got confused, we are after all talking about teams with crapy goaltending that can use him. Ups his trade value.

rune74 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.