HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 02:44 PM
hockieguy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
IMO being a fan does not give anyone the right to continually speak negatively about a 17 year old kid. If you want to ask questions of staff or ownership that is fine by me, although I doubt if they would answer any question regarding the behaviour of an individual player, that is something that gets dealt with inside the dressing room and sometimes it takes a while to change behaviour. Asking players, who are for the most part minors on Kville to comment about other players or to listen in on their discussion then post about it here is also wrong IMO.
I have said one thing, and only one thing that this 17 year old needs to improve. It is not his overall skill and talent. It is his Attitude that is very eveident to anyone that watches the game. And being 17 is a poor excuse to use as there have been many 18 year old that have nmade the NHL. Like mike fisher. So, to use age is nothing more than an excuse for poor behaviour unless the player is 10 playing peewee.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:46 PM
stickhandle

Quote:
IMO being a fan does not give anyone the right to continually speak negatively about a 17 year old kid. If you want to ask questions of staff or ownership that is fine by me, although I doubt if they would answer any question regarding the behaviour of an individual player, that is something that gets dealt with inside the dressing room and sometimes it takes a while to change behaviour. Asking players, who are for the most part minors on Kville to comment about other players or to listen in on their discussion then post about it here is also wrong IMO.
BRAVO

It is the dark part of social media when somebody can deliver personal attacks anonymously to a teenager who they probably know they nothing about

Old
01-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Tarzan

Anybody from SF at the game last night. Another 4 goals against. Was it the goalie? Was the defence playing? What about back-checking? Last three games SF outscored 10-2!! It started out so promising!!!

Old
01-24-2013, 04:37 PM
newfan

Canadians.....looks like they are peaking late in the season and are primed for a bit of a run in the post season.

Last couple of years they seamed to come strong out of the gate.....and cooled heading into the playoffs......lets hope the recent success tranlates into some post season success.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Tarzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
Hockieguy, all you have done is insult a 17 year old kid. If his attitude is questionable well maybe that is because he is playing on the worst team in the league, if he was happy about it than i would question his character because who would be content with losing consistently. Of course its frustrating. The only person who's character I question is yours, grow up and talk about something different because there is alot more going on in this league rather than bashing a player no matter your reason.
Personally I don't think hockieguy is insulting the player in question. While he says that he is a talented hockey player with lots of upside ( I am paraphrasing hockieguy here from his last few posts, for those that don't understand ), he allows his frustration to undermine his game and quite possibly that of his teammates. You say, Oldnucks, " all you have done is insult a 17 year old kid. If his attitude is questionable well maybe that is because he is playing on the worst team in the league, if he was happy about it than i would question his character because who would be content with losing consistently." You are aware of course that there are other 17 yr olds on the team as well as 16 yr olds. I am confident that you are not suggesting that these players are HAPPY with being on a last place team? Frankly I would wager that the majority of them are quite frustrated with the way things have gone and how things continue to transpire. I am also sure that from time to time they demonstrate a MOMENT of frustration. To all the posters that talk about bashing a 17 yr old, you deflect from the true message that hockiguy is putting out there. Regardless of the age of a player, or the talent of a player, when the frustration is front and center, this is a cancer to the player AND the team.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:01 PM
end2endrush

How about Maniccia out of SF...? Started out in some people's minds as the favourite to lead the league in scoring after first 25 games or so, has no goals and 1 assist in his last 5 games. Could be the jealousy factor now that Byron is sort of the big name there now. Believe me these are KIDS they are 16-20 years old, they will get jealous VERY easily. If you understand the personalities that are in SF now compared to before "the trade", a lot more me before we. Won't make it out of first round, heard it here first.

Old
01-24-2013, 07:07 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
Personally I don't think hockieguy is insulting the player in question. While he says that he is a talented hockey player with lots of upside ( I am paraphrasing hockieguy here from his last few posts, for those that don't understand ), he allows his frustration to undermine his game and quite possibly that of his teammates. You say, Oldnucks, " all you have done is insult a 17 year old kid. If his attitude is questionable well maybe that is because he is playing on the worst team in the league, if he was happy about it than i would question his character because who would be content with losing consistently." You are aware of course that there are other 17 yr olds on the team as well as 16 yr olds. I am confident that you are not suggesting that these players are HAPPY with being on a last place team? Frankly I would wager that the majority of them are quite frustrated with the way things have gone and how things continue to transpire. I am also sure that from time to time they demonstrate a MOMENT of frustration. To all the posters that talk about bashing a 17 yr old, you deflect from the true message that hockiguy is putting out there. Regardless of the age of a player, or the talent of a player, when the frustration is front and center, this is a cancer to the player AND the team.
Just to put this in perspective, hockieguy has 40 post and half of them have been about Seater and his attitude. Beating a dead horse, we get it. One post on this would have been fine. All I am saying is move on....next topic hockieguy

Last edited by oldnucks: 01-24-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old
01-24-2013, 07:36 PM
ZebraCritic

Oh my, it's been far to long and by the looks of the chatter on here I should have checked in a long while ago...So many things to address!!

All this talk about Seatter and the Kemptville 73's is truly getting tiring. Here is my take on the 2. 1st off the 73's have many issues, very few start with the kids on the ice and their effort level. (i'll mention Seatter in a bit) but for the most part like every other kid in the league on most nights, they are out there giving it their all. Maybe people should look at the person who brought this team together in the first place. All the signings in the early Fall (8 or 9 I think) that were supposed to propel the 73's into a playoff spot. All the signing that should have been done in the early spring instead of getting the kids every other team had passed over or never heard of! How many of those kids are still with team?? ZIP ZERO NADDA. Who was the mastermind behind this team's player selection?.... Terry Nichols. This team didn't have a chance right out of the gate, because of the players he brought into the fold.

Before you can get to the coach and Puppet GM, you then have to look at the new ownership. Whether you want to say it or not, there IS an issue with both Tugnutts kids playing on this team. The 16 yr old, should be playing 4th line minutes or a 13th forward position at best and the tender would not start for any other team in this league and maybe only back up 1 or 2 others. So why are they getting prime minutes. I'm sure they are both great kids, so let's not start that chatter about bashing kids. THis is JrA hockey. If their last name wasn't Tugnutt would they play on any other team in the league?? That is an issue!

Also everyone saying they are building for the future....This is the Mantra of a crappy team that will stay a crappy team and will be a crappy team for years to come. I feel bad for Blais...their 1 serious player IMO they have. Kid busts his butt and has skill...If, as the 73's have proven, you can't draft proper or recruit proper, than the few assets you do have...Byron, Gonu, Lussier, House etc will want off the ship quicker than a rat on the titanic.....Compund that with a bad coach, which is what he is (good guy, bad coach) as he has proven for a few years and you get what you have had in 73's land since back before they left the JrB circuit. hard to argue the numbers and hard to look forward to the future under the current regime. Can them all and start fresh with someone who has no biases nor owes any favours to the current ownership. You might save this team from folding or being moved. Keep any of the folks that have been making decisions for the past number of years and you get the same crap you've been subjected to. Plain and simple.

Now, Seatter...Get off Hockieguy's back....He may be 1 of 7 loyal fans the 73's have that are not family members or buddies of the hockey staff. This poster wears his heart on his sleeve and amen for that! If one person who has watched Seatter on here thinks he is anything other than what he has been portrayed as you are either a family member or a FAMILY MEMBER!! And if memory serves me correct and it might not the one person on here that puts up the biggest fuss over Seatter is Ottawa Guy who has already stated a while a go that he is a family friend. So discount his rhetoric. ( If I have the wrong poster I apologize)

Seatter is a mass of talent in a whining, Prima Dona Body. Want proof? Go to his Twitter handle and look at it closely....very closely...He has it Trademarked!!! Who does this?

This is a kid who wouldn't wait his turn on a team that if he would have stuck it out, he would have had his choice of NCAA teams, but couldn't handle playing 2nd line centre or wing and 2nd line PP in front of 19 and 20 year olds and took his ball and his father and went home to pout till he got his way, which if memory serves me took about 2 and a half months. I have watched him a few times in Kemptville and nothing has changed, except for the fact he gets keyed on by the best defenders of every team now instead of a teams 2nd or 3 rd best defenders and he can't fight through it. He hangs his head, slams his stick and slumps his shoulders more in a game than most novice kids. Again, it's the truth and it's JR A hockey, if you don't like the truth then don't read the post. It's not crapping on a kid, it's jsut telling the truth about the kid. A tonne of talent, but a kid who has been told he's the best by every hockey adult he has ever come in contact with and he in turn believes he should be handed everything on a silver platter. Personally I believe he will hold out again to start next year and will be out of the league by his 19th birthday. Sad to say, but like HOCKIEGUY has been stating, just the truth.

Again, the majority of the kids on the 73's play their hearts out nightly, but that doesn't mean they should be playing at this level. The 73's hockey OPS stink!

From a CCHL fan not a team fan!

Old
01-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraCritic View Post
Oh my, it's been far to long and by the looks of the chatter on here I should have checked in a long while ago...So many things to address!!

All this talk about Seatter and the Kemptville 73's is truly getting tiring. Here is my take on the 2. 1st off the 73's have many issues, very few start with the kids on the ice and their effort level. (i'll mention Seatter in a bit) but for the most part like every other kid in the league on most nights, they are out there giving it their all. Maybe people should look at the person who brought this team together in the first place. All the signings in the early Fall (8 or 9 I think) that were supposed to propel the 73's into a playoff spot. All the signing that should have been done in the early spring instead of getting the kids every other team had passed over or never heard of! How many of those kids are still with team?? ZIP ZERO NADDA. Who was the mastermind behind this team's player selection?.... Terry Nichols. This team didn't have a chance right out of the gate, because of the players he brought into the fold.

Before you can get to the coach and Puppet GM, you then have to look at the new ownership. Whether you want to say it or not, there IS an issue with both Tugnutts kids playing on this team. The 16 yr old, should be playing 4th line minutes or a 13th forward position at best and the tender would not start for any other team in this league and maybe only back up 1 or 2 others. So why are they getting prime minutes. I'm sure they are both great kids, so let's not start that chatter about bashing kids. THis is JrA hockey. If their last name wasn't Tugnutt would they play on any other team in the league?? That is an issue!

Also everyone saying they are building for the future....This is the Mantra of a crappy team that will stay a crappy team and will be a crappy team for years to come. I feel bad for Blais...their 1 serious player IMO they have. Kid busts his butt and has skill...If, as the 73's have proven, you can't draft proper or recruit proper, than the few assets you do have...Byron, Gonu, Lussier, House etc will want off the ship quicker than a rat on the titanic.....Compund that with a bad coach, which is what he is (good guy, bad coach) as he has proven for a few years and you get what you have had in 73's land since back before they left the JrB circuit. hard to argue the numbers and hard to look forward to the future under the current regime. Can them all and start fresh with someone who has no biases nor owes any favours to the current ownership. You might save this team from folding or being moved. Keep any of the folks that have been making decisions for the past number of years and you get the same crap you've been subjected to. Plain and simple.

Now, Seatter...Get off Hockieguy's back....He may be 1 of 7 loyal fans the 73's have that are not family members or buddies of the hockey staff. This poster wears his heart on his sleeve and amen for that! If one person who has watched Seatter on here thinks he is anything other than what he has been portrayed as you are either a family member or a FAMILY MEMBER!! And if memory serves me correct and it might not the one person on here that puts up the biggest fuss over Seatter is Ottawa Guy who has already stated a while a go that he is a family friend. So discount his rhetoric. ( If I have the wrong poster I apologize)

Seatter is a mass of talent in a whining, Prima Dona Body. Want proof? Go to his Twitter handle and look at it closely....very closely...He has it Trademarked!!! Who does this?

This is a kid who wouldn't wait his turn on a team that if he would have stuck it out, he would have had his choice of NCAA teams, but couldn't handle playing 2nd line centre or wing and 2nd line PP in front of 19 and 20 year olds and took his ball and his father and went home to pout till he got his way, which if memory serves me took about 2 and a half months. I have watched him a few times in Kemptville and nothing has changed, except for the fact he gets keyed on by the best defenders of every team now instead of a teams 2nd or 3 rd best defenders and he can't fight through it. He hangs his head, slams his stick and slumps his shoulders more in a game than most novice kids. Again, it's the truth and it's JR A hockey, if you don't like the truth then don't read the post. It's not crapping on a kid, it's jsut telling the truth about the kid. A tonne of talent, but a kid who has been told he's the best by every hockey adult he has ever come in contact with and he in turn believes he should be handed everything on a silver platter. Personally I believe he will hold out again to start next year and will be out of the league by his 19th birthday. Sad to say, but like HOCKIEGUY has been stating, just the truth.

Again, the majority of the kids on the 73's play their hearts out nightly, but that doesn't mean they should be playing at this level. The 73's hockey OPS stink!

From a CCHL fan not a team fan!
Agree with a lot of what you said. Although in my opinion the players on a team are decided and played by the coach. The coach and GM are the one who have final say on players and ultimately it is up to them. From what I saw in the exhibition games against Nepean to start the season they had a promising team. I guess exhibition games do lie but players must be managed and put into correct systems to succeed.

As for SF, it looks like the trade has killed them and the chemistry they had is gone. I am hoping they can get it back together but at this point it looks lost. Sometimes the best deal is no deal! If they can get good goaltending down the stretch it may be able to turn them around.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:34 PM
overtheboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockieguy View Post
No team in this league is a "waste"? Without Kville, Cumberland or any other team that is deemed not worthy narrows the league down. Take Kville away, and the league is down to 11. Thats 22 players that don't get a chance to play. So minimalizing a team because they are at the bottom is pretty shot sighted and not very well thought out.

I will make this point again, there is nothing wrong with the majority of players that were here, are here now, or in the future. The problem is not on the ice.
Youre wasting your time complaining on here about how its not the kids fault . Go talk with Tugnutt or Malloy and if that doesnt work , take your kid off the team or dont buy season tickets for next year . In august , they posted on their website how they brought in a bunch of players from prep schools in the U.S and none of them are any good . Seems like everything is the same as when Brenton was there because they treated Brind'amour like crap so he'd leave and DADDY can bring in his other son .

Old
01-24-2013, 09:47 PM
ZebraCritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
Agree with a lot of what you said. Although in my opinion the players on a team are decided and played by the coach. The coach and GM are the one who have final say on players and ultimately it is up to them. From what I saw in the exhibition games against Nepean to start the season they had a promising team. I guess exhibition games do lie but players must be managed and put into correct systems to succeed.

As for SF, it looks like the trade has killed them and the chemistry they had is gone. I am hoping they can get it back together but at this point it looks lost. Sometimes the best deal is no deal! If they can get good goaltending down the stretch it may be able to turn them around.
Agree with your SF's comment.....sometimes leaving things alone is better than trying to find that piece you don't really need. If they aren't scoring at the same clip they started the year, I don't think their defence is strong enough to carry any long slumps which has been apparent the past few weeks.

The Braves and Canadians have impressed me the most recently...if either team gets strong goaltending down the stretch I think they are the most well rounded teams top to bottom out there.Ottawa is strong, but they rely to much on the top half of their lineup....deep in the playoffs you'll need 4 lines 7 dman and a stud goalie....as much as it pains me to say see the Nepean Raiders last year or the PLK of the previous few years for proof.....nepeans d corp, regardless what their faithful say this year, is not strong enough to make the same run as last year. They have strong forwards and zawadski could win a round, but not the whole thing.

I think the biggest thing to look at, is the fact it Seems Like the same 4 teams on the outside looking in will be the same again this year. That's not good for the league. I think the hawks will overtake Kanata.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
Youre wasting your time complaining on here about how its not the kids fault . Go talk with Tugnutt or Malloy and if that doesnt work , take your kid off the team or dont buy season tickets for next year . In august , they posted on their website how they brought in a bunch of players from prep schools in the U.S and none of them are any good . Seems like everything is the same as when Brenton was there because they treated Brind'amour like crap so he'd leave and DADDY can bring in his other son .
What was done to Brindamour? I thought he left during a game after screaming on the ice...He was not a big loss to the team at all he hasnt had good numbers in the league at all in over 130GP his gaa is over 4 and his save percentage is .880

The biggest loss in goalies in my opinion this year was Rivers! A young goalie who had better numbers in roughly the same amount of games as Brindamour who got ousted. That does not make a lot of sense for a bottom place team like Gloucester who should be developing for next year...but then again they havent made a lot of smart moves in the last few years

Old
01-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Ottawa Guy

Zebracritic, yes you are wrong I do not remember ever saying I am a family friend of the player in question, i just do not feel it is right to trash a 17 year old on this forum.

I was one of the posters that felt the 73's had improved and based upon the pre-season along with the first few games of the season I thought they had. Not sure it is fair to put so much blame on thier one and only scout last year, yes he probably found a lot of the players but it was not his job to select the final team or develop it during the season. I do know that several of the players they signed were coveted by several other teams and people were surprised the 73s signed some of them.

I am not disputing there are problems with this team but as I said previously I like the group of young talent that they have, only time will tell if the develop into something.

Changing subjects, CP looks really good right now, they are limiting all opponents to less than 20 shots, that is impressive. JC may have finally found the right formula. Right now I like Ottawa and CP in the final, I still think Nepean may find a way to sneak in also, especially if Norris and Llorca return soon.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:10 PM
overtheboards

Quote:
Zebracritic, yes you are wrong I do not remember ever saying I am a family friend of the player in question, i just do not feel it is right to trash a 17 year old on this forum.

I was one of the posters that felt the 73's had improved and based upon the pre-season along with the first few games of the season I thought they had. Not sure it is fair to put so much blame on thier one and only scout last year, yes he probably found a lot of the players but it was not his job to select the final team or develop it during the season. I do know that several of the players they signed were coveted by several other teams and people were surprised the 73s signed some of them.

I am not disputing there are problems with this team but as I said previously I like the group of young talent that they have, only time will tell if the develop into something.

Changing subjects, CP looks really good right now, they are limiting all opponents to less than 20 shots, that is impressive. JC may have finally found the right formula. Right now I like Ottawa and CP in the final, I still think Nepean may find a way to sneak in also, especially if Norris and Llorca return soon.
that would be called coaching , something teams like kville , gloucester and cumberland should try .

Old
01-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
that would be called coaching , something teams like kville , gloucester and cumberland should try .
In general when a team does not do well. The blame falls on the coaches and rightly so. They choose the team, they control who is on the ice and they control how they develop. Yes Scouts bring in some players but the top teams in the league rely on the scouts to bring in a player or two per season. The bulk of the recruited players on the better teams our brought in by the coaches. Think PG, Keefe, Macinnis. I am sure people have heard stories about PG who will literally drive hours to sign a kid and then hours back home. One of the most important thing a coach can do is recruit players themselves because only they know best what they want to fit their system

Old
01-25-2013, 07:51 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
What was done to Brindamour? I thought he left during a game after screaming on the ice...He was not a big loss to the team at all he hasnt had good numbers in the league at all in over 130GP his gaa is over 4 and his save percentage is .880

The biggest loss in goalies in my opinion this year was Rivers! A young goalie who had better numbers in roughly the same amount of games as Brindamour who got ousted. That does not make a lot of sense for a bottom place team like Gloucester who should be developing for next year...but then again they havent made a lot of smart moves in the last few years
Rivers never got ousted, he quit. If he had only stuck around he could very well have gotten the number 1 job once Brindy started stinking it up. Instead he's sitting in the stands waiting for next year.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:55 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:

Norris has been back for two games now.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
In general when a team does not do well. The blame falls on the coaches and rightly so. They choose the team, they control who is on the ice and they control how they develop. Yes Scouts bring in some players but the top teams in the league rely on the scouts to bring in a player or two per season. The bulk of the recruited players on the better teams our brought in by the coaches. Think PG, Keefe, Macinnis. I am sure people have heard stories about PG who will literally drive hours to sign a kid and then hours back home. One of the most important thing a coach can do is recruit players themselves because only they know best what they want to fit their system
The teams that are regularly at the top of the league generally have owners who are coach/gm, in PG's case it his full-time job. Coaching a CCHL team takes up a lot of time and it would be close to impossible for a person with a full-time job to be able to do both properly. If you look at SF & Ottawa this season they have the duties split up and have been successful. I agree it would be best for the coach to be GM and do the bulk of the recruiting but unless the teams start paying a lot more for coaches then it is probably next to impossible. I have heard the PG stories also, but for most coaches who have full-time jobs they can not do that.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:30 AM
ZebraCritic

Quote:

It was bugging me, who made the comment about being a close personal friend of the Seatters, when the debate about him being treated poorly by CP came up so I looked back on the conversation. I indeed do owe you an apology Ottawa Guy! It was in fact ottawafan66 who was making the comments. My post about the 73's and the player in question still stand though. Sorry for the mixup.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:48 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraCritic View Post
It was bugging me, who made the comment about being a close personal friend of the Seatters, when the debate about him being treated poorly by CP came up so I looked back on the conversation. I indeed do owe you an apology Ottawa Guy! It was in fact ottawafan66 who was making the comments. My post about the 73's and the player in question still stand though. Sorry for the mixup.
Did I really say "close personal friend"? While i do know the family, my beef has always been when anonymous posters rip kids without knowing the facts. It's easy to do and I'll continue to defend any kids, whether I know them or not.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:53 AM
valleydude

I agree and if someone ripped my kids character I would be mad. If someone said he sulked off the ice after not getting his way, I would read the post to him and ask him if he wanted to be seen that way.

Unfortunately, perception is reality for the those who witness an event.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:06 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
I agree and if someone ripped my kids character I would be mad. If someone said he sulked off the ice after not getting his way, I would read the post to him and ask him if he wanted to be seen that way.

Unfortunately, perception is reality for the those who witness an event.
Well said. Leave it to parents or coaches to correct player behavior.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:07 AM
ottawafan80

Quote:
Originally Posted by end2endrush View Post
How about Maniccia out of SF...? Started out in some people's minds as the favourite to lead the league in scoring after first 25 games or so, has no goals and 1 assist in his last 5 games. Could be the jealousy factor now that Byron is sort of the big name there now. Believe me these are KIDS they are 16-20 years old, they will get jealous VERY easily. If you understand the personalities that are in SF now compared to before "the trade", a lot more me before we. Won't make it out of first round, heard it here first.
I have seen a couple of SF games this year. Some early and a few lately after the new year and it's just not the same team. Why the team would go out and add 4 new forwards I will never understand. The trades should of ended with the kemptville trades. Adding some solid defenseman that are strong on Defense would of been the moves to make. Getting Mommesso just doesn't make sense. He was a big fish in a small pond with the hawks. It seems to be all individual play right now the passing game is gone. I think maybe it's time to play with the top lines to get some puck moving again. It's like Crete , mannicia and Byron are all in competition together. I still stand by that Eardley, Byron and Mclaren will make a great game. Had awesome chemistry when they played together against the braves in December. Anyone else's thoughts ?

Old
01-25-2013, 11:32 AM
BackBringCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Rivers never got ousted, he quit. If he had only stuck around he could very well have gotten the number 1 job once Brindy started stinking it up. Instead he's sitting in the stands waiting for next year.
I hear he is about to resurface

Old
01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Norris has been back for two games now.
and we won those 2 games......
Saw both games home and away series Brockville- Nepean
Brockville top players very unselfish, no shots from bad angles or far out, always move the puck to the better position. Every odd man rush they got, they generate a good chance or a goal. Defense better then I thought they would be, very competitive with most teams.
Nepean notes-
Had to beat Brockville at home in second game, they did. Nepean was the most physical team, led by Yarwood and Thierrien.
Please God....someone tell PG that Durocher can't play the point on the PP....if he gives the puck away one more time my head will explode.(Durocher has a lot to offer, but that is not it)
Hedges has been very unselfish lately, 2 perfect passes for goals on Sunday. Hedges Herlihey, Neil were on for all 6 of Nepean's goals in this home and away series.
Which brings me to Nepeans biggest question, who plays with Norris?? I would like to see Durocher back on the left wing (unselfish, looks more comfortable on left) and Hodgson on right, Hodgson is having a great 2 way year with little PP time. (not his mother) PG has a lot of choices, (Johnston, Nasca etc.) he has to find what works for Norris.
I'm a little nervous about the goaltending, Mulder has been lights out, but Zawadaki has been good/OK. I don't want Z to lose his confidence, he deserves to be #1 going into playoffs. Hopefully PG handles this good.

Last edited by CoasttoCoast: 01-25-2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: type o
Closed Thread