HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk (discussion about NHL matters)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 12:15 AM
  #326
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 40,771
vCash: 500
NEWSFLASH:

Steve Mason isn't too good.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:26 AM
  #327
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
NEWSFLASH:

Steve Mason isn't too good.
Is BOBROVSKY back on the force?

King Forsberg is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:26 AM
  #328
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
NEWSFLASH:

Steve Mason isn't too good.
5-1 Coyotes, Mason pulled, Bob in.

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:26 AM
  #329
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 40,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
Is BOBROVSKY back on the case?
No. I think they're rubbing Mason's nose in it to teach him a lesson.

Edit: NM, looks like that familiar Bob stance is in net.

Edit 2: Nope, not Bob.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:28 AM
  #330
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
No. I think they're rubbing Mason's nose in it to teach him a lesson.

Edit: NM, looks like that familiar Bob stance is in net.
Hm maybe I made that up... looks like Mason is still in. Thought I saw Bob for some reason.

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:29 AM
  #331
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 40,771
vCash: 500
No, I thought the same thing for a minute. Mason was doing that Bob crab-stance.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:30 AM
  #332
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
After Gagne was exiled, Carter traded with the contract, and Richards being thrown under the bus, I'm sure Lupul wasn't the only player who saw as the Flyers getting egg on their faces, since the same thing happened to him as did Carter. And trust me, they say they love the trades they made six ways to Sunday, but don't think Holmgren and Lavy didn't have to answer some tough questions from Big Ed. He was embarrassed, but he'll never tell you that.
Meh..doesn't explain away the fact that he's still a cowardly classless punk....actually it shows his immaturity. He should take the high road and be more professional about it but obviously he's still butt hurt. Also maybe he should stop living vicariously through Gagne, Carter and Richards...

I doubt Big Ed read Holmgren and Lavi the riot act considering he was the main catalyst in moving some of those guys you mention.

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:33 AM
  #333
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Wow. Just saw Iginla's dangle + assist on Backlund's goal. Nice move.

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 03:05 AM
  #334
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:50 PM
  #335
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,422
vCash: 633
The Oilers trying out their new breakout...

http://imgur.com/gallery/3mY0bZw

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 03:00 PM
  #336
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
If Lupul is out long-term, does this mean that Pronger is recovering?
It means Pronger is playing tonight, LOL!

MsWoof is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:02 PM
  #337
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,085
vCash: 500
So, I'm reading over the CBA summary of terms and I noticed a few things :

http://nbcprohockeytalk.files.wordpr...an-12-2013.pdf

Page 17 article 6

Ice Conditions
Extension of standard Regular Season intermission from 17 minutes to 18 minutes and reduction of period for permissible on-ice activities from five (5) minutes to four (4) minutes, leaving 14 minutes for ice resurfacing and set time.

Prohibition of on-ice activities for two (2) hours prior to pre-game warm-ups.

Requirement for each Club (building) to supply a minimum of eight (8) ice shovelers for in-period ice maintenance. Clubs will utilize best efforts to utilize ice shovelers on skates.

League will issue updated standards for end zone ice shoveling procedure.

Development and introduction of a smart phone app to facilitate completion and submission of Player reports on ice conditions and team compliance with Visiting Team Facility Standards.

Develop “best practices” guidance and video for Players on maintaining good ice conditions

Hopefully will see some more consistent ice!

Page 6 Article 2

Supplemental Discipline for On-Ice Conduct

Permissible fines for on-ice infractions increased to an amount up to 50 percent of the Player’s Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and Bonuses (not including Performance Bonuses) divided by the number of days in the Regular Season and may not exceed $10,000 on a first-time basis, and $15,000 on a second and subsequent time basis (determined in accordance with a rolling 12-month period). All fines above $5,000 are subject to the hearing procedure accorded to Players subject to suspension not exceeding five (5) Games. Player fines shall not be charged against the Players’ Share.

Players can now get fined a max of 10k for their first offense and 15k for any offenses after that.

Quick breakdown of the fine max :

Krishna is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:40 PM
  #338
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
So, I'm reading over the CBA summary of terms and I noticed a few things :

http://nbcprohockeytalk.files.wordpr...an-12-2013.pdf

Page 17 article 6

Ice Conditions
Extension of standard Regular Season intermission from 17 minutes to 18 minutes and reduction of period for permissible on-ice activities from five (5) minutes to four (4) minutes, leaving 14 minutes for ice resurfacing and set time.

Prohibition of on-ice activities for two (2) hours prior to pre-game warm-ups.

Requirement for each Club (building) to supply a minimum of eight (8) ice shovelers for in-period ice maintenance. Clubs will utilize best efforts to utilize ice shovelers on skates.

League will issue updated standards for end zone ice shoveling procedure.

Development and introduction of a smart phone app to facilitate completion and submission of Player reports on ice conditions and team compliance with Visiting Team Facility Standards.

Develop “best practices” guidance and video for Players on maintaining good ice conditions

Hopefully will see some more consistent ice!

Page 6 Article 2

Supplemental Discipline for On-Ice Conduct

Permissible fines for on-ice infractions increased to an amount up to 50 percent of the Player’s Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and Bonuses (not including Performance Bonuses) divided by the number of days in the Regular Season and may not exceed $10,000 on a first-time basis, and $15,000 on a second and subsequent time basis (determined in accordance with a rolling 12-month period). All fines above $5,000 are subject to the hearing procedure accorded to Players subject to suspension not exceeding five (5) Games. Player fines shall not be charged against the Players’ Share.

Players can now get fined a max of 10k for their first offense and 15k for any offenses after that.

Quick breakdown of the fine max :
No directives on how short or skin-tight the shovellers' shorts have to be?

BernieParent is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:58 PM
  #339
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,883
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Meh..doesn't explain away the fact that he's still a cowardly classless punk....actually it shows his immaturity. He should take the high road and be more professional about it but obviously he's still butt hurt. Also maybe he should stop living vicariously through Gagne, Carter and Richards...

I doubt Big Ed read Holmgren and Lavi the riot act considering he was the main catalyst in moving some of those guys you mention.
Twitter is Twitter. Can't ask a guy to sign up a social network as a de facto window to fan interaction and get pissed when he's being real. Might not like him for that, but the flip side is the numerous other players who are pretty boring.

Big Ed brought Terry Murray back to be coach of the Phantoms, and Holmgren sent John Paddock down to be an assistant coach. People are on watch. It was one thing for Snider to keep hearing about not winning a Cup. It's another when he has to hear about a handful of integral players to the Flyers achieving their goals as Kings. Even if he was the catalyst, he's not going to fall on the sword. Holmgren and Lavy might not win a Cup here, but at the very least they need to not let Big Ed keep looking stupid.

GKJ is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 09:40 PM
  #340
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers
 
chinatown81592's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: United States
Country: China
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

As per that last retweet from Jamie Benn's agent, Benn has agreed to terms on a 5 year deal, believed to be worth, $5.25M per year.

chinatown81592 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 09:41 PM
  #341
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,085
vCash: 500
Brennan Klak ‏@nhlupdate
Jamie Benn re-signs for 5 yrs

Krishna is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 09:55 PM
  #342
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Brennan Klak ‏@nhlupdate
Jamie Benn re-signs for 5 yrs
Should have signed with Winnipeg.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:21 PM
  #343
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 40,771
vCash: 500
Apparently the Islanders have scored 7 goals on Toronto.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:23 PM
  #344
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,085
vCash: 500
Toronto's goalies terrible?


Krishna is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:28 PM
  #345
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Toronto's goalies terrible?

Cue the Luongo perma-loop.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:43 PM
  #346
Broad st phantom
Registered User
 
Broad st phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,375
vCash: 500
Just saw the highlights of the TOR -NYI game, a lot of stoppable shots.

Broad st phantom is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:50 PM
  #347
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,361
vCash: 500
Oilers so far have been penalized for:
- Closing hand over puck
- Double minor instigating + instigating with a visor
- 2 consecutive expulsions on the same faceoff (delay of game)

It's like Obscure / New Penalties 101.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:51 PM
  #348
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,361
vCash: 500
Outstanding save by Quick on a Yakupov breakaway!

BernieParent is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 11:00 PM
  #349
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 40,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Outstanding save by Quick on a Yakupov breakaway!
That doesn't help my fantasy team.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 11:01 PM
  #350
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 40,771
vCash: 500
Edmonton's arena must use a series of night-lights to illuminate the arena.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.