HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I am very, very happy.

Old
06-25-2006, 11:39 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
Demitra was one of hte biggest reasons the Frolov-Conroy-Demitra combination worked at all. I think the other two are far more replaceable in the combo. I won't even argue with you becuase it's obvious you are set in what you see. Which to me is basically this algorithm.

if player X is not on the Kings, then player X sucks.
if player X is traded from the kings, then player X was overrated.

Boy did o' sullivan's stock shoot up ever since he got traded here. I remember getting shot down before for saying he woulda been a far better pick then Boyle. Saying he's a mental case, doens't listen to his coaches, and doesn't playh defense. Now people are touting him as our best prospect in the farm over the omnipotent Boyle himself. Same old story with you guys...

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 01:03 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
if player X is not on the Kings, then player X sucks.
if player X is traded from the kings, then player X was overrated.
I never liked Demitra even when he was on the Kings. During all the Luongo rumors I had suggested that we trade Demitra. I'm so glad it finally happened.

Quote:
Boy did o' sullivan's stock shoot up ever since he got traded here.
Not really. It hasn't changed at all. His stock was very high before he got traded here. There is a reason why Minnesota fans are so upset about this trade.

Quote:
I remember getting shot down before for saying he woulda been a far better pick then Boyle. Saying he's a mental case, doens't listen to his coaches, and doesn't playh defense. Now people are touting him as our best prospect in the farm over the omnipotent Boyle himself. Same old story with you guys...
So what's your point? The LA Kings franchise is in a better position now then they were before the trade.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 01:07 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
If it wasn't for Pavol Demetra, the Kings would have been far worse than they already were. When the power play was working, it was because he was running it

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 01:19 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
If it wasn't for Pavol Demetra, the Kings would have been far worse than they already were. When the power play was working, it was because he was running it
True....and if it wasn't for Demitra the Kings would have had a top 5 draft pick this year. I hate him even more now.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 01:37 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Since the Kings changed to the purple and glitter jerseys they've been re-building, so this trade upsets me a little. I think Steve Duchesne cursed the franchise into re-building for eternity. It's like watching Dung Beetles, yah they're buliding something but in the end it's just a pile of s***.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 02:09 AM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen
Since the Kings changed to the purple and glitter jerseys they've been re-building, so this trade upsets me a little. I think Steve Duchesne cursed the franchise into re-building for eternity. It's like watching Dung Beetles, yah they're buliding something but in the end it's just a pile of s***.
Better they be wasps and lay their eggs inside other creatures so that when they hatch the younglings emerge and devour their host from the inside out?

.....I don't really know where I was going with that analogy.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 05:15 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Demitra was one of hte biggest reasons the Frolov-Conroy-Demitra combination worked at all. I think the other two are far more replaceable in the combo. I won't even argue with you becuase it's obvious you are set in what you see.
Conroy was a key player in Calgary's 03/04 cup run. Frolov hasn't had playoff experience yet. Demitra's a very good and talented player, but I don't thin anyone can argue in either direction which players are replaceable. They all have different assets they brought to the team.

Quote:
Boy did o' sullivan's stock shoot up ever since he got traded here. I remember getting shot down before for saying he woulda been a far better pick then Boyle. Saying he's a mental case, doens't listen to his coaches, and doesn't playh defense. Now people are touting him as our best prospect in the farm over the omnipotent Boyle himself. Same old story with you guys...
First of all, I was one of the people who played devil's advocate as to why Boyle was a good pick. I didn't, and I don't recall anyone else, saying how O'Sullivan is a bad prospect, is a mental case, yada yada. I wanted O'Sullivan, too, but saw the reasoning behind the Boyle pick. Yet, somehow, Boyle's omnipotent? Way to put words in our mouths.

And, also, perhaps... just perhaps, O'Sullivan's stock went up a whole lot since his impressive rookie season in the AHL? His performance in the WC? Of course not, O'Sullivan had the exact same value since we had this discussion back in 2004

And honestly, I still think Kopitar is a better prospect than O'Sullivan. That's just me. But we have AMAZING depth down the middle with O'Sullivan, Kopitar, and Boyle, when our top center prospect in 2004 was David Steckel.

Anyway I love the Demitra trade. We free up cap space, we are actually going in SOME type of direction aside from mediocrity, we get a talented young player, and get a 1st in an average draft. It would have been nice if we got the first in 2007 instead, but c'est la vie.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 10:13 AM
LuLuBelle

I know a lot of you are upset about losing Demitra. I understand he is a "proven" player. But i think you do not realize the player you did get in Patrick O'Sullivan. I have watched him for years in the OHL and try to follow him in Houston with the Aeros. I think you got a franchise player with him. Probably you don't want to hear that right now and you dont care what i might think about it. But he is the most talented prospect i have seen. He used to play here against the Toronto St. Mike's Majors and always was the best player on the ice. Then when he went to Houston in the AHL, it was the same old story with him. He has skills that will knock your socks off. I honestly think you just dont know what you have picked up with him. I know probably most have not seen him play so that is understandable, or if you did you only saw him a little in the WJC, but he is so skilled it is crazy.

LuLuBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Fripp

I think most of the folks here realize that the move was a win/win for both teams.

Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
Great? You must have low standards. I guess it comes form years of being a Kings fan.

Great players are leaders.

Great player win stanley cups.

Great offensive players can score 100pts in a season.

Great player show up in big games.

Great players play hard night in and night out.

Demitra is none of they above.

7 players had 100 points or more last season.

Of those, 2 have a cup now, Jagr and Staal.

According to your standards, there was only 1 or 2 great players last season.

...........and Jagr can be questioned for showing up night in and night out.

So is Eric Staal the only great player?

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 11:14 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13

It's a Mulle...I mean Matt sighting!

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
It's a Mulle...I mean Matt sighting!

Yo!

Old
06-26-2006, 11:44 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13

I'm talking career. Greatness is achieved over time not one season.

Great is not a term I throw around lightly. Demitra is good but not anywhere near great.

Demitra has never even scored 100pts in a season in his whole career. And he never will.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
I'm talking career. Greatness is achieved over time not one season.

Great is not a term I throw around lightly. Demitra is good but not anywhere near great.

Demitra has never even scored 100pts in a season in his whole career. And he never will.

Oh I see.......

03-04, the player with the most points was St. Louis with 94. No greatness that season.

02-03, three players made the 100 mark

01-02, no greatness again since the player with the most amount of points only had 96 points.

100 point seasons.........you're just silly. Demitra and other GREATS played with rules of the the late 90's and 2000's not the early 90's when 100 points weren't uncommon.

Take a younger Demitra and through him in a time frame when 100 points were scored and see how good he could do.