HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs win again led by the Markov & Diaz duo

Old
01-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Lol what a ridiculous post.
It was obviously sarcastic...

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
If Gallagher gets sent back, I bet he's gonna tear the AHL a new one. He's gonna want the NHL badly.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Doors

Markov is such a composed and an intelligent defenceman. He passes so well and thinks the game so clearly. All young defenceman should watch and learn from him, not this new regime of offensive blueliners we have in the NHL. Markov is class man. Class. Old school and pulling the rest of the defence up with him. So good to have him back on this team, just a treat to watch him move the puck around. ****ing treat. Every time he has it on his stick I pay great attention to what he's going to do. So many little stick checks and smart plays. He sees the whole rink with ease! Awesome hockey player. Go Habs Go.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:54 PM
PricePkPatch

Damn it. NHL.com don't report anything about the Habs match.

I guess "upcoming Stars v Blackhawks match" TWICE is more important..

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Markov is such a composed and an intelligent defenceman. He passes so well and thinks the game so clearly. All young defenceman should watch and learn from him, not this new regime of offensive blueliners we have in the NHL. Markov is class man. Class. Old school and pulling the rest of the defence up with him. So good to have him back on this team, just a treat to watch him move the puck around. ****ing treat. Every time he has it on his stick I pay great attention to what he's going to do. Awesome hockey player. Go Habs Go.
Amen brother! And he does it all with his trademarked poker face. Boss.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:55 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Benn just signed a 5 year deal
sign and trade obvs.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Andy

Just further proof that Markov was always the main catalyst of the team over the last few years. Success goes through him.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Great win for us, great to see us being so dominant against the Caps, not sure I remember the last time it happened. But what a crappy team are the Caps really? While everything can change fast....I name Adam Oates as a real candidate for the 1st guy being fired....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Markov is such a composed and an intelligent defenceman. He passes so well and thinks the game so clearly. All young defenceman should watch and learn from him, not this new regime of offensive blueliners we have in the NHL. Markov is class man. Class. Old school and pulling the rest of the defence up with him. So good to have him back on this team, just a treat to watch him move the puck around. ****ing treat. Every time he has it on his stick I pay great attention to what he's going to do. So many little stick checks and smart plays. He sees the whole rink with ease! Awesome hockey player. Go Habs Go.
A very good word to describe The General is indeed "composure". Patience with the puck.

Also, I think he has a calming effect on everyone. Everything seems smoother. He makes other players better around him.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Me watching Prust skate up and down the ice, just itching for someone to touch Gallyx2.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:57 PM
CHill Seeker

sign PK already and then deal one of kaberle or Weber for a 3rd or a tough carkner-like dmen who can play the odd game vs philly or boston.

there's no point in sending glachenyuk back. none.

CHill Seeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:58 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Great win for us, great to see us being so dominant against the Caps, not sure I remember the last time it happened. But what a crappy team are the Caps really? While everything can change fast....I name Adam Oates as a real candidate for the 1st guy being fired....
at this point it would have to be on the players, the only coach to get them some success couldnt make them "work" in the P.O.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:58 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Great Game , Guess Eller sits again.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
sign PK already and then deal one of kaberle or Weber for a 3rd or a tough carkner-like dmen who can play the odd game vs philly or boston.

I'd be surprised to see him sent back.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:59 PM
googlymoogly

At the end in slow mo just before Prust fights Hendricks Gally shoves him towards Prust. It's like he was sending him over for his beating.

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:00 PM
odishabs

if we can bring Subban back we'd have 2 lethal PP combos.

D- Markov
D- Diaz
W- Pacioretty
C- Desharnais
W- Cole

D- Subban
D- Boullion
W- Bourque/Galchenyuk
C- Plekanec
W- Gionta

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Lshap

Holy crap -- I've never seen Price this focused and in control. I know it's just three games, but he's been absolutely elite.

Prust has been everything he was in NY, and more. A character guy who appears to have more offensive upside than he showed last year.

Assuming we still send the two Gals back after the next two games, what's our third line going to look like? I wonder if there's a chance they'll stay.

Markov... no words. Just a warm feeling all over.

Cole, Pacioretty, Desharnais -- They'll eventually heat up. Be cool if they're only the 2nd-best line behind...

Plekanec, Gionta, Bourque -- Captain Brian is proving his doubters wrong, Pleks is as good as ever and Bourque may be starting to emerge from that coma.

Emelin, Diaz -- Big jump in confidence and execution. Good sign.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

I'm no photoshopper, but if I was, I would edit the Good Will Hunting pic, and replace Matt Damon's face with Diaz.

"How do you like them apples?"

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
If Gallagher is to be sent down, it's gone be when Nokelainen is back and White, for sure, might be sitting then....
screw that, white stays. Nokie can be an alternate in case of injury.

I like the style of game we have with white, prust etc..

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:03 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Just further proof that Markov was always the main catalyst of the team over the last few years. Success goes through him.
That and a different coaching philosophy.

Aggressive hockey usually beats passive hockey.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post

Matt Carkner isn't a very good player and he's a moron to boot. That's not what you want on this team. I agree that a policeman on defence would be nice, but you want him to be able to play hockey too. Weber is a young defenceman who we'll regret losing, let him learn and maybe he'll be able to shine if someone shows confidence in him when the opportunity comes up. If not, it would be fair to move him to another team so he can have an opportunity to advance his career and show off the skills that he has.

Kaberle isn't the player he used to be, but bashing him doesn't get anywhere. He'll contribute a little bit offensively. He's a good teammate, a classy man, and a friend of one of the team's key leaders (Plekanec). If the player currently holding out stops clowning around and realizes that he's not nearly as valuable as he thinks, maybe you think about moving Kaberle. But I don't think he's doing as much harm as people say. Everyone just needs someone to rag on.

In the mean time, it doesn't hurt to have a (former) world class vet hanging around. It's important to have at least 8 NHL defenceman. I agree that a 9th, preferably one who is very big and relatively mean (especially for the playoffs), wouldn't be a bad pickup near the trade deadline.

Old
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The Caps look really weak, I am shocked by how much Ovechkin has regressed. He is KHL material and nothing more. A good PP makes all the difference in todays NHL and can take us to the playoffs, keep it up Habs.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Galchenyuk definitely has NHL skills, well above average at that, but I think he isn't ready to stay all year. I'd rather see him play 20+ minutes a night in Sarnia and piling up points than 12 minutes a night here. Give him 2 more games, and unless he really takes a huge step forward, send him back. Better to have him cheap at 19-20-21 than 18-19-20.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
He makes subtle choices with big results. Has no ego, and since he's been on the Habs, I feel nothing but safe everytime he has the puck haha.

His breakout pass is the key to habs' success. He has such accurate passes that our transition is seemingly instant and our opponents pay the price. In awe every game of this man. He NEEDS to retire in a habs sweater

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Holy crap -- I've never seen Price this focused and in control. I know it's just three games, but he's been absolutely elite.

Prust has been everything he was in NY, and more. A character guy who appears to have more offensive upside than he showed last year.

Assuming we still send the two Gals back after the next two games, what's our third line going to look like? I wonder if there's a chance they'll stay.

Markov... no words. Just a warm feeling all over.

Cole, Pacioretty, Desharnais -- They'll eventually heat up. Be cool if they're only the 2nd-best line behind...

Plekanec, Gionta, Bourque -- Captain Brian is proving his doubters wrong, Pleks is as good as ever and Bourque may be starting to emerge from that coma.

Emelin, Diaz -- Big jump in confidence and execution. Good sign.
I like this post a lot! Positive, good thoughts, and nice analysis. Good point on Cole. Keep in mind he's hit 2 posts.