HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-13 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part III

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 09:15 PM
DaveTheHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic88888 View Post
Hawks CSN feed on Roku sound is like Pat Foley is in a tunnel.
Same thing on Center Ice as well

Old
01-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Phanatic88888

Holy crap Rangers/Flyers full replay is available already just 10-15 minutes after the game completed! It was blacked out for me since it was on NHL-Network U.S.

Just on ipad, not on Roku

Old
01-24-2013, 09:22 PM
LARGECAT DAMPHOUSSE

So I am watching the games on a new ipod touch (4g), and the app works well now, except for the blackouts of course. But I have a problem where it plays the game for literally 5 minutes in a really crappy/laggy resolution, before resolving itself into the normal smooth playback and semi-hd quality. Then it will switch in and out between these states throughout the game. Hugely annoying. And my internet connection is awesome. Anybody have any idea what's up with this, or how to fix it?

Old
01-24-2013, 09:33 PM
FlightlessBird

Does anyone know if TSN feeds aren't available on CI anymore? Tonight's Kings/Oilers game has only the Kings feed. I haven't seen one TSN feed since the season started.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessBird View Post
Does anyone know if TSN feeds aren't available on CI anymore? Tonight's Kings/Oilers game has only the Kings feed. I haven't seen one TSN feed since the season started.
Montreal vs Washington
Winnipeg vs Boston

2 games I remember TSN based broadcast

Old
01-24-2013, 11:35 PM
cowbell204

Anyone with a Roku having trouble watching the west coast games? My dad gets on his Roku around 10:30 central time the last two nights, and it starts up to the next days games like it's already the next day. When he goes back a day to the current day and selects the games that are still going on out west, the pre-game title menu comes up and doesn't go away.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Brodeur

This is getting infuriating. GameCenter on PC says I'm blacked out of every game, but the iPad app works fine. Even the game replays are available on iPad but PC says they aren't available.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshy View Post
Anyone with iPhone/ipad get airplay working?
Worked perfectly fine for me last season. But do yourself a favor and get that little box of Apple TV, to run the NHL app directly from there -- it's even more amazing than AirPlay, and a lot more convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allworldcaucasn View Post
Question: With Gamecenter Live, can you watch full archive *replays* of your local teams games? I know you can't watch local market games live, but was wondering if that was also true for the archived game or not.
No blackouts for full-length replays here. They are made available equally fast for all games, whether they were blacked out live or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARGECAT DAMPHOUSSE View Post
So I am watching the games on a new ipod touch (4g), and the app works well now, except for the blackouts of course. But I have a problem where it plays the game for literally 5 minutes in a really crappy/laggy resolution, before resolving itself into the normal smooth playback and semi-hd quality. Then it will switch in and out between these states throughout the game. Hugely annoying. And my internet connection is awesome. Anybody have any idea what's up with this, or how to fix it?
This type of fluctuation happens from time to time. No way for you to fix it. Let's just hope it will occur infrequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic88888 View Post
Holy crap Rangers/Flyers full replay is available already just 10-15 minutes after the game completed!
Yes, and not only that game. The exciting Kings @ Oilers game likewise popped up on my iPad in a full-length replay only about 10-15 minutes after it was completed live. Wow! You really can't ask for more.

This service is getting better and better every day, and those who cancelled prematurely because of those initial hiccups, I think now have a reason to regret that.

Last edited by Faterson: 01-25-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old
01-25-2013, 05:39 AM
HFXMooseHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
I feel like a promotional spokesperson for this product the amount of times I've had to say it.

Download the plug-in called "Stealthy" for Chrome. It will put an icon by your address bar at the top. Click the icon. It will turn green. Now go and open whatever game it is you want to watch. Once game loads, click the stealthy icon again which will shut it off. (Reason for shutting it off is that, admittedly things are slower when it is running, and you only need your IP hidden when opening the game)

If you leave the page you will need to do this process again.
I downloaded Stealthy. However, it is ridiculously slow. So slow the game won't load so I can turn it off and go back to my regularly fast internet. Anyone know of another free way to get around the stupid blackouts?

Old
01-25-2013, 05:55 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

This is getting infuriating. GameCenter on PC says I'm blacked out of every game, but the iPad app works fine. Even the game replays are available on iPad but PC says they aren't available.
I wanted to watch the Rangers - PHI game today's morning and was blacked out.. great work GLC!

Old
01-25-2013, 06:14 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6packhabs View Post
I downloaded Stealthy. However, it is ridiculously slow. So slow the game won't load so I can turn it off and go back to my regularly fast internet. Anyone know of another free way to get around the stupid blackouts?
Stealthy works fine, but not in the default state. In Stealthy preferences, pick the 4th option (not the 3rd option that is activated by default). Posters here suggested countries like Brazil. Then make sure to reload the entire webpage, before selecting and trying to launch a game. Once the game starts, you can completely deactivate Stealthy again, to get your usual bandwidth.

I have never seen a blackout notice for a full-length replay, but proceeding in the same way with Stealthy might help. Also, make sure not to confuse a blackout notice with a "feed unavailable" notice. For some reason for the Rangers @ Flyers game, the Flyers feed was unavailable and when you want to watch the replay now, it loads the unavailable Flyers feed by default. You need to switch to the Rangers feed to watch the full-length replay.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:08 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
Anyone tried GCL on Android?

Old
01-25-2013, 08:09 AM
markmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
Anyone tried GCL on Android?
I use it on my Nexus 7. The quality is fantastic and the frame rate is very smooth.

Only 2 problems:

- it returns to the schedule whenever a commercial break ends on a live game. I have to start the stream again to continue watching.

- it never saves my log in details so I need to sign in every time I open the app.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Faterson

Those things never happen on iOS. Not the first time that "the same thing" is not quite the same thing on iOS and Android (the latter being buggier). PS: I own both types of devices, but prefer to watch on iOS, and even better via Apple TV, for obvious reasons.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:18 PM
ToursLepantoVienna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
I like the Center Ice preview, however they play that same ad "Hockey is back", during every commercial break. Gets irritating after the first 3 times. Also, they have only 5 HD channels, but 13 SD. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Despite those two factors, Center Ice is a good product, and it's nice to watch hockey on a 55'' television. It's beautiful.

Also thinking of getting GameCenter Live whenever the CI free preview ends. How bad is the delay?
5 CI HD channels is way better than the 2 we have in Portland, OR.

Yes, HD hockey is a beautiful thing on a big screen.

I'd love to get out of our cable TV subscription, most of which is for live sports, but am nervous about GCL on the Xbox. If the solution to buffering problems is to pause the feed for many minutes, the application really isn't ready.

Anyone else want to describe their experiences with GCL on Xbox?

Old
01-25-2013, 03:30 PM
ShutThePuckUp
Custom User Title

How fast Internet connection do you really need to "enjoy NHL GameCenter LIVE at its highest video quality"? The FAQ says 3 Mbps and I have 30 Mbps, yet the picture stutters if I don't set the quality to 800 Kbps.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Faterson

Varies from user to user and from game to game. I've had no stuttering in recent days even at the highest quality setting.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:13 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
sorry if it's been mentioned, but does anyone know when the PS3 app is supposed to finally be done?

Old
01-25-2013, 05:30 PM
SharksFan1

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutThePuckUp View Post
How fast Internet connection do you really need to "enjoy NHL GameCenter LIVE at its highest video quality"? The FAQ says 3 Mbps and I have 30 Mbps, yet the picture stutters if I don't set the quality to 800 Kbps.
I has more to do with how overloaded the servers are than you personal connection.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:32 PM
SharksFan1

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
sorry if it's been mentioned, but does anyone know when the PS3 app is supposed to finally be done?
Their support site says before the end of the month, so I'm guessing Tuesday when the PS Store updates.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:16 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksFan1 View Post
Their support site says before the end of the month, so I'm guessing Tuesday when the PS Store updates.
thanks

Old
01-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Why is Directv not showing any of the games on Center Ice that are supposed to be on now.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:22 PM
WhiskeyYourTheDevils

Yea its not working for me either. No games playing.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Why is Directv not showing any of the games on Center Ice that are supposed to be on now.
Same here. Not seeing any of the games. Just seeing the Directv logo.

01-25-2013, 06:23 PM
drwpreds

I am not getting any games either on the Center Ice channels- the games are on the regional sports network channels-

Closed Thread