HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win again led by the Markov & Diaz duo

Old
01-24-2013, 10:26 PM
tiz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Replace Eller for White?

Dude, it's like replacing a hammer with a screwdriver. Wrong tool. Therrien made it clear what sort of players he wants on the 4th line.
I know what you're saying and I'm a big White fan. I just think that the penalties he took and the couple penalties he could have been called for will get him a turn in the press box. Moen, Prust and Armstrong can handle White's role for a game. You can't sit Eller for too long.

tiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:28 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiz View Post
I know what you're saying and I'm a big White fan. I just think that the penalties he took and the couple penalties he could have been called for will get him a turn in the press box. Moen, Prust and Armstrong can handle White's role for a game. You can't sit Eller for too long.
If he keeps taking bad penalties then I agree he may sit a game. But right now he has been more positive than negative in the lineup. I see him with a bit of a leash right now, but I'm sure MT is telling him to be a bit smarter when it comes to discipline

disturbedraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:30 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
It'll all depend if Galchy stays up or not, I fear.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jigger77

Quote:
That tripping call or interference or whatever is was was kind of a questionable call though. The one beside the net.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Yup looking like a brilliant move even though the masses here hated Gauthier the guy set this team up for success and took ALL of the blame. It is a real shame most habs fans can't see the obvious and appreciate what Gauthier did.

Bourque is looking like a steal and Cammalleri is looking like a buyout he is that terribad. Kaberle is filling a need with excellent passes and powerplay work even if his partner can't one time to save his life.

But but, Subban is so proven just like Myers! Sign him up 7M per for 20 years! OMG YES!! HHOF!
Cammalleri is a product of media hype. A big smile for the camera. Bourque can bring his lunch box, push a few people around, and smash some pucks into the back of the net. All day. Little Mike has a pair of bad knees, without the extra step he's just not as useful. Tunnel vision for miles, as well. I don't mean to take anything away from the great games he had as a Hab, and his great playoff, I'm thankful for that.. but the backlash of that trade was equal parts uneducated fans blindly loving Cammalleri because CBC told them to, Gauthier's bizarro unprofessionalism, and Bourque's bad season (which could be for many reasons unknown to fans). Remember Bourque outscored Cammalleri in the three years leading up to the deal.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Gauthier also signed Diaz...
Another Gauthier gem, the guy did more for the team in a single season than Gainey did in his entire tenure.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Kjell Dahlin

I only watched the game sporadically (we were cooking!) so I will only add two quick comments:

- Therrien I especially like how he kept our 3rd line away from Ovechkin/Backstrom in the first two periods.

- At one point during the game, I was thinking about Eller, Subban, Saint-Denis, Weber, Nokelainen, Dumont, Blunden, Tinordi, Leblanc... we have DEPTH!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Uber Coca

My observations:

- The Canadiens are looking great on the powerplay with Markov and it will give the team a chance to win even during the rough nights.

- The first line is looking lost. Desharnais is trying too hard. He's a cerebral player and he should let Cole and Pacioretty do the tough work and get the puck. He's being pushed around way too easily for my taste.

- The Plekanec line is playing great hockey. I had high hopes for Bourque this season and he's playing like he cares.

- The Galchenyuk line has been good, and I thought Prust didn't fit in. By the way, I love the Prust signing.

- The fourth line is doing some quiet but effective work. Moen may be too quiet for my taste. Armstrong was good and White needs to cut on these infractions, but I like his determination since the beginning of the year.

- Most of the defense has been good, but Kaberle is a turnover machine. He's slow and soft. Wouldn't mind seeing Weber instead.

All in all, perfect road game.

Uber Coca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:33 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Another Gauthier gem, the guy did more for the team in a single season than Gainey did in his entire tenure.
Bob Gainey is a legend who made good moves and bad moves. The team he put together had it's faults but they gave the fans a great run. Had Markov not gone down versus Pittsburgh...

Anyways, if anything we're seeing what a fresh start and a healthy veteran core can do for a team. It's time for fans to stop lashing out at past GMs.

EDIT: Pittsburgh.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:33 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Cammalleri is a product of media hype. A big smile for the camera. Bourque can bring his lunch box, push a few people around, and smash some pucks into the back of the net. All day. Little Mike has a pair of bad knees, without the extra step he's just not as useful. Tunnel vision for miles, as well. I don't mean to take anything away from the great games he had as a Hab, and his great playoff, I'm thankful for that.. but the backlash of that trade was equal parts uneducated fans blindly loving Cammalleri because CBC told them to, Gauthier's bizarro unprofessionalism, and Bourque's bad season (which could be for many reasons unknown to fans). Remember Bourque outscored Cammalleri in the three years leading up to the deal.
Also Cammy doesn't produce anything, the guy is stationary waiting to one time almost his entire time on the ice. Bourque drives the net and creates space for Pleks and Gionta, he can make good passes and set up plays at half of the cost!

That trade was a massive steal for Gauthier.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Have you seen him lately?

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:35 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Gallagher wont get past the 5 games, he doesn't fit in at this level yet.
What are you talking about? Gallagher doesn't have a 5-game tryout. He can stay up and go down at any point.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:35 PM
boris4c

Michel Therrien with a good post-match interview... remember Jacques Martin? Michel Bergeron went crazy listening to his interviews, but so did I (and everyone else).

boris4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Gauthier also signed Diaz...
And got Emelin over.

Decisions that looked terrible last season look terrific now.

The Gauthier built/maintained part of this defense looks solid so far.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
This win in no way, shape or form makes Bergy want to trade Subban. If anything, he's probably thinking how good we would look if PK was on the ice with the team right now.
You got it, man!

MB is here to build a winner.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:37 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Also Cammy doesn't produce anything, the guy is stationary waiting to one time almost his entire time on the ice. Bourque drives the net and creates space for Pleks and Gionta, he can make good passes and set up plays at half of the cost!

That trade was a massive steal for Gauthier.
Agreed man. IMO Cammy's early success as a Hab is also part of what ruined him here. He's not as great as he thought he was- I guess you could say "one-dimensional". Anyways, I don't mean to rag on the guy. As fans, its partly our fault. We get so up and down on these players, coaches, management. Gods one day, garbage the next. Anyways, He did some great things while playing for the Canadiens. What more can we ask as fans? But it was unfair to bash the team the way all of the media in English did when he was dealt. Totally.

I like your assessment of the deal. It's awesome around here when the Habs are winning.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:38 PM
Forsead

You can all thanks Christer Rockstrom for Diaz though the guy is a master !

I'm happy some peoples are giving Gauthier some due he wasn't the best ever, but I think alot of the hate toward him was caused by his personality more than really when analyzing his moves.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:39 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
if we can bring Subban back we'd have 2 lethal PP combos.

D- Markov
D- Diaz
W- Pacioretty
C- Desharnais
W- Cole

D- Subban
D- Boullion
W- Bourque/Galchenyuk
C- Plekanec
W- Gionta
How about Chuckie at C and Pleks on the point? I know Pleks on the point isn't the greatest thing, but I'm sure he'll do as well as Bouillon.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:40 PM
Hugo Sham

LOL @ marble for his gauthier crush. anyway therrien is so much more calm than his first tenure here. i wouldn't sit white. a bit over-zealous, but still brings passion and energy every shift. i'd look at having a stern talking to frodo and his twin towers who have done very, very little.

also gorges needs to learn how to skate again. alternating between very good and very bad shifts
oh yeah bench kaberle..guy is ****ing awful...and on the PP? he's so ****ing passive, he's always hugging the blue line...get the **** in there for a 1-timer or pass!

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Agreed man. IMO Cammy's early success as a Hab is also part of what ruined him here. He's not as great as he thought he was- I guess you could say "one-dimensional". Anyways, I don't mean to rag on the guy. As fans, its partly our fault. We get so up and down on these players, coaches, management. Gods one day, garbage the next. Anyways, He did some great things while playing for the Canadiens. What more can we ask as fans? But it was unfair to bash the team the way all of the media in English did when he was dealt. Totally.

I like your assessment of the deal. It's awesome around here when the Habs are winning.
the trade wasn't great but Cammy was useless with the makeup of this team...too many small passive wingers...gio and DD are enough midgets in top 6. who the **** is supposed to actually dig out the puck? at least bourque is a big body

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:42 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
LOL @ marble for his gauthier crush. anyway therrien is so much more calm than his first tenure here. i wouldn't sit white. a bit over-zealous, but still brings passion and energy every shift. i'd look at having a stern talking to frodo and his twin towers who have done very, very little.

also gorges needs to learn how to skate again. alternating between very good and very bad shifts
oh yeah bench kaberle..guy is ****ing awful...and on the PP? he's so ****ing passive, he's always hugging the blue line...get the **** in there for a 1-timer or pass!
Hey man as long as they complete the quest for the Ring in June!

Old
01-24-2013, 10:44 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Easy with the Cammy bashing...

I don't think anyone on the Habs is capable of taking down the Caps and Pens with a dozen clutch goals.

That 2010 run was amazing on Cam's part (and Halak, of course).

Actually, The Caps have never really recovered.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:46 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

I wouldn't mind putting Eller in next game (Armstrong or White) and subbing in Weber for Kaberle. Weber played hockey for the entire lockout, I can't imagine him being as poor as Kaberle tonight. I liked Kaberle in Game #1 and Game #2.. tonight he was not good though.

Old
icerocket

Quote:
I think I'm going to puke.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Pretty much everyone except Kaberle is playing terrific.

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but big round of applause to Gallagher. As great as Chucky is (what a sweet pass on the PP that Boullion couldn't handle), Gallagher not only looks like an NHLer, but a VERY effective one and exactly what we need on this team. I'm torn about what I want the team to do with these two after the Jets game.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote