HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs win again led by the Markov & Diaz duo

Old
01-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
wins get so much dopamine going that even Gauthier gets credit for the win.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Matt Carkner isn't a very good player and he's a moron to boot. That's not what you want on this team. I agree that a policeman on defence would be nice, but you want him to be able to play hockey too. Weber is a young defenceman who we'll regret losing, let him learn and maybe he'll be able to shine if someone shows confidence in him when the opportunity comes up. If not, it would be fair to move him to another team so he can have an opportunity to advance his career and show off the skills that he has.

Kaberle isn't the player he used to be, but bashing him doesn't get anywhere. He'll contribute a little bit offensively. He's a good teammate, a classy man, and a friend of one of the team's key leaders (Plekanec). If the player currently holding out stops clowning around and realizes that he's not nearly as valuable as he thinks, maybe you think about moving Kaberle. But I don't think he's doing as much harm as people say. Everyone just needs someone to rag on.

In the mean time, it doesn't hurt to have a (former) world class vet hanging around. It's important to have at least 8 NHL defenceman. I agree that a 9th, preferably one who is very big and relatively mean (especially for the playoffs), wouldn't be a bad pickup near the trade deadline.
Whom would Weber supplant? Certainly not Diaz, who's showing him up big time, and remember that Gorges and Subban play RD. As for the other D, Emelin belongs with Markov.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:49 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Easy with the Cammy bashing...

I don't think anyone on the Habs is capable of taking down the Caps and Pens with a dozen clutch goals.

That 2010 run was amazing on Cam's part (and Halak, of course).

Actually, The Caps have never really recovered.
You're right. I didn't mean to overly bash the player. Just the surrounding and backlash that came with him leaving town. There are intelligent people in the media that would say he wasn't always as advertised, either.

REgardless! I don't mean to derail this good thread. Let's focus on the great game the team played tonight. Here's to more of it.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:50 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
What are you talking about? Gallagher doesn't have a 5-game tryout. He can stay up and go down at any point.
For realz? I heard that the 5 game thing applied to Shieffle and I remember him playing the 9 games for the Jets last year.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
wins get so much dopamine going that even Gauthier gets credit for the win.
Its inevitable this far into the new guys tenor that this is far more Gauthier's team than Bergevin's. Only 4 new bodies, none of which are major players right now.

Not a knock on Bergevin, just the way it is.

Talks to Goalposts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
For realz? I heard that the 5 game thing applied to Shieffle and I remember him playing the 9 games for the Jets last year.
That's only for CHL guys, Gallagher is an AHLer this year.

Talks to Goalposts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
If he keeps taking bad penalties then I agree he may sit a game. But right now he has been more positive than negative in the lineup. I see him with a bit of a leash right now, but I'm sure MT is telling him to be a bit smarter when it comes to discipline
Agreed. The fact that he was put out on the very next shift demonstrated something. He got another one at least after that one. His penalty was so weak anyway (I mean...it was against Ribs). He's been terrific in his role. I do wish that Eller could be part of this cuz it's making me cringe watching Patches and Cole. DD played a good game, I thought.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:52 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
That's only for CHL guys, Gallagher is an AHLer this year.
ahhh, right, forgot he's on an AHL 2-way. Thanks!

Old
01-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Jigger77

I'd be hesitant to make any changes at all to be honest right now.

I would like to see this exact lineup against one of Philly, Rangers, Pittsburgh or Boston. You'd get a real good idea of exactly what we're dealing with against one of those teams.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
5 for the shortened season.

Tusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:59 PM
habsfanatics

Missed the game. How gally look tonight?

I was stuck in my crawl space thawing my pipes.

Was some cold today, car ignition was froze stiff. Door to the house was frozen and my water pipe was froze. Not a great day and I have c++ assignment due in about 5 hrs, lol.

habsfanatics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:59 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post

I would like to see this exact lineup against one of Philly, Rangers, Pittsburgh or Boston. You'd get a real good idea of exactly what we're dealing with against one of those teams.
You realize that we played against 2 dead beat teams?

Hate to break it to you all, but our line-up won't be looking too hot for very long. I just hope it's competitive enough to regain old form (finish 7-8) or bad enough to finish at the bottom.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Forsead

I'm so happy for Markov !!! The guy is showing that healthy he is still a all-star defenseman, what a role model of hard work, determination and perseverance WOW.

Anyway I'm happy to see a group that is enjoying playing together, also I like to see a grittier, more physical team. IMO, it's still a little soft on D, but with Subban and maybe Tinordi next season this could correct the problem.

A good positive win, but here we go with a big challenge with the Devils, we will be more settle after 5 games, but even on paper I was saying this team as clearly the potential to get in the playoffs.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Oh and amongst the few good moves that Gauthier made....re-signing Markov was CLEARLY one of them as I mentioned at the time. Gauthier had no choice, Markov was the best bet we had at the time, and great news that he did. Kudos to Gauthier. Note the date...it won't happen often.
Gauthier made more than a few good moves: signing Cole, Emelin, and Diaz in addition to Markov, coming to terms with Price and Pacioretty, catapulting Cammalleri out of town, bringing in a parcel of 2nd rounders, drafting Galyenchuk and Beaulieu, firing Martin.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandsomeSheep View Post
Kinda hoping Eller takes White's spot.
He has more talent and he isn't undisciplined.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
Next game I'd go with this bottom 6:

Gally - Eller - Galla
Prust - White - Moen

Armstrong to the hot dog stand.
I like the idea of Weber instead of Kaberle too.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I can't he still picked up Kaberle
I didn't want to see Spacek. There's still hope that he can unload Kaberle.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
5 for the shortened season.
Yes, but only for Galchenyuk. Not Gallagher.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
It's a team made up of all sorts of questionable personalities. Their offensive blueliner Green is a meathead. Ovechkin has battery acid for brains. They've never learned how to win. They were coached by Boudreau and Hunter, two men who belong in caves still. I agree that a lot of responsibility has to fall on their General Manager, too... some moves that he has made haven't been very good at all.
The Caps have led their division a few times and didn't they upset a team we don't love?

Old
01-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 50

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:11 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

and some mention of diaz being tied for 1st in pts. hoorah

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
My observations:

- The Canadiens are looking great on the powerplay with Markov and it will give the team a chance to win even during the rough nights.

- The first line is looking lost. Desharnais is trying too hard. He's a cerebral player and he should let Cole and Pacioretty do the tough work and get the puck. He's being pushed around way too easily for my taste.

- The Plekanec line is playing great hockey. I had high hopes for Bourque this season and he's playing like he cares.

- The Galchenyuk line has been good, and I thought Prust didn't fit in. By the way, I love the Prust signing.

- The fourth line is doing some quiet but effective work. Moen may be too quiet for my taste. Armstrong was good and White needs to cut on these infractions, but I like his determination since the beginning of the year.

- Most of the defense has been good, but Kaberle is a turnover machine. He's slow and soft. Wouldn't mind seeing Weber instead.

All in all, perfect road game.
No room. Presumably that spot will be taken by Subban.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
I wouldn't mind putting Eller in next game (Armstrong or White) and subbing in Weber for Kaberle. Weber played hockey for the entire lockout, I can't imagine him being as poor as Kaberle tonight. I liked Kaberle in Game #1 and Game #2.. tonight he was not good though.
No thank you. I've seen enough poor games from Weber (I used to call him Woe-ber until a fan asked me to stop, although my opinion of him never changed).

Old
01-24-2013, 10:24 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
I think I'm going to puke.
It's ok I am wearing my galoshes, I am use to the river of tears around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
LOL @ marble for his gauthier crush
Gauthier bashers are pretty quiet nowadays, they just sorta all faded into the woodwork. All they have left is these pathetic little "oh kaberle is so bad" garbage and then they have zero examples. They even try and blame Kaberle for stuff that happens when he isn't even on the ice.

Cammy is such a star he is on Calgarys third line and spends more time flopping on the ice than anything. Tell me again how Gauthier shouldn't have dumped him mid-game, cry on my shoulder

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:25 PM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 3622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post

Well, I'd welcome Subban in anytime and sit Kaberle, but it's not like we need it to happen.

HTTP 400 Bad Request is offline   Reply With Quote