Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 08:49 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Yah I wouldn't mind seeing Holland play. Also wouldn't mind seeing Etem called up or a few games eventually, and see both Holls and Etem on a line together for a bit.
Etem should stay in the AHL all season unless we're way out of the playoff race and give him a coupe of games.

From what I've seen, he hasn't done enough to displace anyone in the line up yet.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Maybe we should offer Etem for Hartnell?

Old
01-23-2013, 09:05 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Maybe we should offer Etem for Hartnell?
Yupp sarcasm post rub in will ya? Plus he's out indefinitely, and I think I jinxed em. So much for 3 full 82 game seasons eh?

Old
01-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Yupp sarcasm post rub in will ya? Plus he's out indefinitely, and I think I jinxed em. So much for 3 full 82 game seasons eh?
Sorry, I just had to have some fun with ya'. I knew it would get your attention.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:51 PM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 400
I had a thought and wanted to see what other *ahem* respected duck fans thought...I know it is still early in the season so I will preface this properly... IF The 3rd line keeps playing as it is, does anyone else believe that Saku will decide to sign with the team again?

Old
01-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Exit Dose

When he signed with us this year, he said something about wanting to compete for a spot in Sochi. I wouldn't rule out another year if his play keeps up.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTech View Post
I had a thought and wanted to see what other *ahem* respected duck fans thought...I know it is still early in the season so I will preface this properly... IF The 3rd line keeps playing as it is, does anyone else believe that Saku will decide to sign with the team again?
I don't know if I'm qualified to answer that but I will. I've never heard him comment about how long he wants to play. But if he and the team have a good year and if the team wants him back I think he would come back. Remember, he has never won a Cup. Win the Cup, maybe he's had enough.

I think he did mention not wanting to keep moving his family so he might be at the point where it's Ducks or nothing.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:20 PM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 400
The only reason I bring it up is that most people (Duck fans and non-Duck fans) seem to think that he will retire after this season and I just don't see it as likely to happen.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTech View Post
The only reason I bring it up is that most people (Duck fans and non-Duck fans) seem to think that he will retire after this season and I just don't see it as likely to happen.
Well, neither option would surprise me. But old guys usually take it one year at a time and don't commit early. I've certainly not heard him say he was leaning toward retirement.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Well, neither option would surprise me. But old guys usually take it one year at a time and don't commit early. I've certainly not heard him say he was leaning toward retirement.
From what I've seen, I think people have assumed that Teemu's decision to retire would mean that Koivu would decide the same. I'm not sure why that would be the case. It didn't sound like Koivu has stuck around the NHL because Teemu asked him to.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:35 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Koivu has stated earlier that he would like to play in the olympics before hanging them up. Based on his play in the first couple of games, he could easily play another year.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:28 AM
Paul4587

There's no reason for Koivu to retire yet, he's still a productive player and is great defensively. He may not be an above average top 6 forward anymore but he's still a 2C on many teams and a 3C on virtually every team in the league right now.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:11 AM
AngelDuck
Keith MF Richards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
There's no reason for Koivu to retire yet, he's still a productive player and is great defensively. He may not be an above average top 6 forward anymore but he's still a 2C on many teams and a 3C on virtually every team in the league right now.
This. Having Koivu as our 3C is awesome. Now we just need to find someone that can play 2C.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Takao
kesbae

Ducks podcast is back and going. Winnik was on, nothing really special but something to listen to.

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/podcastpla...=108&iid=40835

Old
01-24-2013, 07:05 PM
SupermanPahlsson

If Saku signs, I'm just afraid of the drop-off. When will it get to the point where he becomes a liability to the Ducks? Saku is playing a large role for the Ducks, and I'm weary of the fact that if he signs a one-year contract, he'll be a major hindrance on ES and PK. Ducks can't afford to have that.

Old
01-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
If Saku signs, I'm just afraid of the drop-off. When will it get to the point where he becomes a liability to the Ducks? Saku is playing a large role for the Ducks, and I'm weary of the fact that if he signs a one-year contract, he'll be a major hindrance on ES and PK. Ducks can't afford to have that.
He can play the 3rd line and PK just fine. It all depends on how much he signs for. 2 mil would be great.

Old
01-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
If BB's goal of rolling 4 lines is successful it could extend his useful life in a PK and bottom six roll. But for sure it shouldn't be more than one year at a time. In that capacity it worries me less than us relying on Teemu to continue being a top six guy every year, even though that has worked out quite well so far.

Old
01-24-2013, 07:20 PM
AngelDuck
Keith MF Richards

Even if he declines a little bit...He can still be a good 3C for another 2 years I think. Right now he's an outstanding 3C. I think he could still score 40-45 points in a full season.

Old
01-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
If that happens, just move him to the 4th line. One of Wagner or Rakell should be able to step in by then.

Old
01-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Exit Dose

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh

Peter Holland centered the fourth line in today's Ducks skate while Rickard Rakell took a number of turns on second line during rushes.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:52 PM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
If that happens, just move him to the 4th line. One of Wagner or Rakell should be able to step in by then.
I hope so, but what if it gets to a Todd Marchant-type of drop-off where it seems every game we're begging for him to be scratched? Management better be careful, and to recognize that type of risk. Don't just sign Teemu and Saku as a package.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:54 PM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:
Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh

Peter Holland centered the fourth line in today's Ducks skate while Rickard Rakell took a number of turns on second line during rushes.
Glad I'm not crazy for thinking Rakell at 2C could work.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Glad I'm not crazy for thinking Rakell at 2C could work.
I'm beginning to think that Plymouth traded for Trocheck because they knew that there was very little chance that Rakell was coming back.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Gibson Les Palms
ImperiumDuckusSacrum

vCash: 50
2nd day in a row that Holland's been at 4C. Can't wait to see him get some game action.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:59 PM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:
I'm beginning to think that Plymouth traded for Trocheck because they knew that there was very little chance that Rakell was coming back.
Yeah, it's definitely beginning to look like that. Good on Rakell though for winning the opportunity to impress as the 2C. I personally doubted he could grab that opportunity before Holland.

Closed Thread