HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 02:17 PM
  #51
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
Are you seriously trying to compare Brian Burke to David Poile? When was the last time the Leafs made the playoffs? And guess who is unemployed right now...

I know we all want a flashy forward who can score 40 goals, but they don't grow on trees and the price is astronomical without drafting one. I'd much rather stick with Poile's methods and have a shot at a cup every year than have a 40 goal scorer and be at the bottom year after year.
No, I'm not, Poile is awesome. I'm just saying sometimes we need him to get missing pieces. Instead of trading three picks for essentially two of the same player (Fisher Gaustad) take a risk. At least trade up in the draft. Do something. He's safe, and that's why we are so successful, but he's too safe sometimes.

As much as I do hate Burke, and I really hate that jackass, he knew what pieces he needed to obtain and he obtained them. Even though he didn't have the patience to wait and get those pieces once in contention instead of hemorrhaging the already bleak future. All I'm saying is after 15 years, and probably longer with Washington, we should have a 35+ goal scorer by now.

I know he was in on the Kessel deal, and probably others, but sometimes you have to go big, take the risk, and make an offer the other team can't refuse to put us over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Amen. Don't understand the heat that Poile gets.
Poile is doing a great job still, and I love most everybody on the team and in the minors. Without him we'd be in Hamilton, or Winnipeg.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:48 PM
  #52
Firestorm
Registered User
 
Firestorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada Eh?
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
How soon do we get to talk about trading Weber?

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:58 PM
  #53
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,297
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
How soon do we get to talk about trading Weber?
I know you were joking, but.... I believe we have to wait one year from the signing of the offer sheet.

I would have never thought it would happen before but if the new CBA allows cash to be traded(not just salary or cap space) I could see us trading Weber if a team reimbursed us a portion of the $26 million in signing bonuses he will get before he is eligible to be traded.


If Philly got desperate and offered Cooter, Coburn, a first and $15 million cash, I'd probably have to think about it...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:10 PM
  #54
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,297
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
No, I'm not, Poile is awesome. I'm just saying sometimes we need him to get missing pieces. Instead of trading three picks for essentially two of the same player (Fisher Gaustad) take a risk. At least trade up in the draft. Do something. He's safe, and that's why we are so successful, but he's too safe sometimes.
Fisher and Gaustad are in no way the same player...

and Poile was apparently willing to move up in the draft to get Couturier and had a willing partner in boston(who wanted Ellis) but Philly snatched him up with the pick they got from C-bus...

Quote:
As much as I do hate Burke, and I really hate that jackass, he knew what pieces he needed to obtain and he obtained them. Even though he didn't have the patience to wait and get those pieces once in contention instead of hemorrhaging the already bleak future. All I'm saying is after 15 years, and probably longer with Washington, we should have a 35+ goal scorer by now.
there arent many 35 goal scorers in the whole league.
he got Arnott, who scored 36 with dallas and 33 with us
he got Kariya, who scored 42 with Anaheim and 32 with us
he got Sullivan, who scored 31 with us
he drafted Hornqvist, who scored 30 for us

I think he's done pretty well...

Quote:
I know he was in on the Kessel deal, and probably others, but sometimes you have to go big, take the risk, and make an offer the other team can't refuse to put us over the top.
pretty hard to know if you have that deal thats definitely going to put you over the top... if you're wrong then we become the Oilers for the next 5 years...



Quote:
Poile is doing a great job still, and I love most everybody on the team and in the minors. Without him we'd be in Hamilton, or Winnipeg.
agreed...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:44 PM
  #55
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds
 
NSHPreds1835's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 705
vCash: 500
Forget Evander Kane, lets go after Patrick instead

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:52 AM
  #56
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwtGlads2013 View Post
Forget Evander Kane, lets go after Patrick instead
Rather have Toews myself.

kypredsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:18 AM
  #57
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,230
vCash: 500
Bob McKenzie says MTL is moving toward trading Subban.

pleasepleaseplease...

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:29 AM
  #58
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Bob McKenzie says MTL is moving toward trading Subban.

pleasepleaseplease...
WANT. Make the move Poile. Man I love Subban's game too, I bet Trotzy would love him too.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:36 AM
  #59
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
PK would cost too much. id rather spend what it costs on PK for a young stud scorer.

we're okay on defense, just growing pains. in about 2 more years a top 4 of weber-josi, klein-ellis will be awesome. then we have any FA signings for the 3rd pair or possibly blum.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:42 AM
  #60
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,519
vCash: 500
Keep in mind they would be moving Subban because they can't agree to a deal with him. Rumored to be asking for "Doughty money". It's absolutely worth a phone call to kick tires, since he would be a crazy good addition to our team, but is Subban really worth, say, Wilson+Blum+7mil/per?

I'm not saying no, I'm just saying keep in mind that Montreal would only move him if his contract demands are crazy.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:44 AM
  #61
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Keep in mind they would be moving Subban because they can't agree to a deal with him. Rumored to be asking for "Doughty money". It's absolutely worth a phone call to kick tires, since he would be a crazy good addition to our team, but is Subban really worth, say, Wilson+Blum+7mil/per?

I'm not saying no, I'm just saying keep in mind that Montreal would only move him if his contract demands are crazy.
I dunno if I would trade Wilson, but man I would consider it. PK is a fantastic player.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:46 AM
  #62
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
PK would cost too much. id rather spend what it costs on PK for a young stud scorer.

we're okay on defense, just growing pains. in about 2 more years a top 4 of weber-josi, klein-ellis will be awesome. then we have any FA signings for the 3rd pair or possibly blum.
I think the master plan on defense is...

Weber-Josi
Klein-Blum
Ellis-Ekholm

PP1: Weber-Ellis
PP2: Josi-Blum

Obviously things can change (Subban would shake it up quite a bit...), but I think that is the future we're looking at if everyone develops as expected.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:58 AM
  #63
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I think the master plan on defense is...

Weber-Josi
Klein-Blum
Ellis-Ekholm

PP1: Weber-Ellis
PP2: Josi-Blum

Obviously things can change (Subban would shake it up quite a bit...), but I think that is the future we're looking at if everyone develops as expected.
thats if everything goes to plan.. I think its safe to say barring injuries... the top 4 I listed would be solid. not to mention our other guys we're developing.. I didn't mention them just because they aren't at the NHL level right now for one reason or another. I was just trying to get the point across that PK for his price just wouldn't be worth it to me.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:09 PM
  #64
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
thats if everything goes to plan.. I think its safe to say barring injuries... the top 4 I listed would be solid. not to mention our other guys we're developing.. I didn't mention them just because they aren't at the NHL level right now for one reason or another. I was just trying to get the point across that PK for his price just wouldn't be worth it to me.
You're probably right, but i'm not sensible like you. I'd be a horrible GM, i'm too impulsive.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:15 PM
  #65
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
You're probably right, but i'm not sensible like you. I'd be a horrible GM, i'm too impulsive.
i am too lol... but see that offer that habs fan turned down and said he might consider it? thats what im talking about when i say not worth the price. at least on hfboards, who knows the actual price

for the record, habs fan said he might consider collin wilson, j. blum, austin watson, 1st rounder, 2nd rounder for PK Subban

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:16 PM
  #66
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
i am too lol... but see that offer that habs fan turned down and said he might consider it? thats what im talking about when i say not worth the price. at least on hfboards, who knows the actual price

for the record, habs fan said he might consider collin wilson, j. blum, austin watson, 1st rounder, 2nd rounder for PK Subban
Yeah and that offer was generous. For one I really don't want to consider trading Wilson, but if I had to, then either Watson or the 2nd round pick would go. TBH if that offer were tabled today then I think the Habs would jump on it.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:25 PM
  #67
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
Yeah and that offer was generous. For one I really don't want to consider trading Wilson, but if I had to, then either Watson or the 2nd round pick would go. TBH if that offer were tabled today then I think the Habs would jump on it.
id think so myself.. collin wilson is gonna be a top 6 forward. blum at least an NHL defenseman. then watson, 1st, 2nd all good pieces to develop .. and alot of people really like austin watson. and honestly the jury is still out on Subban. we have got 2 defenseman id take over PK all day (weber, josi). who knows if PK hits his ceiling especially with his rumored attitude problems and off-ice behavior (not a pred kind of guy)

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:20 PM
  #68
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,924
vCash: 500
How many teams have a complete defensive group all from their own drafting?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:21 PM
  #69
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,924
vCash: 500
Imagine if we could have kept Hamuis and Suter

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Josi
Ellis-Klein
Blum/Ekholm

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:23 PM
  #70
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Imagine if we could have kept Hamuis and Suter

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Josi
Ellis-Klein
Blum/Ekholm
Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Josi
Timonen-Klein
Ellis/Blum


Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:49 PM
  #71
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I think the master plan on defense is...

Weber-Josi
Klein-Blum
Ellis-Ekholm

PP1: Weber-Ellis
PP2: Josi-Blum

Obviously things can change (Subban would shake it up quite a bit...), but I think that is the future we're looking at if everyone develops as expected.
What is the Master plan on forwards?

Because that's what we need!!!

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:52 PM
  #72
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
PK is going to the team that will agree on terms with him before the trade...
And that is not Nashville for sure...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:53 PM
  #73
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,495
vCash: 500
D looks good. And the best defense is a good offense, which we don't have. That's why we gave up 3 tonight while still playing good d

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:00 PM
  #74
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,744
vCash: 500
We need to get some high end scoring talent ASAP...

Bourque, Wilson, 1st, for Bobby Ryan or a top 20 LW'er

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:21 PM
  #75
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
We need to get some high end scoring talent ASAP...

Bourque, Wilson, 1st, for Bobby Ryan or a top 20 LW'er
bourque and wilson have been few of the forwards that have actually had some bright parts. sad.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.