HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cgy/Ott

Old
01-24-2013, 08:11 PM
flameaholic
#neverquit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
I like Butler, but if anything I would expect the pick to be coming the Sens way.
Bishop's a backup, Butler's an everyday defenseman. Pick would be going Calgary's way.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Kezia
Benny

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Bishop's a backup, Butler's an everyday defenseman. Pick would be going Calgary's way.
Bishop is a back up with starter potential. Butler is a #7 dman.

Kezia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:27 PM
IranCondraAffair

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
By that logic, Andre Benoit would be worth more than Luongo.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:48 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Bishop is a back up with starter potential. Butler is a #7 dman.
Butler is a 4/5 defenseman, saying he is a #7 is laughable. But I guess you are one of many that judge him based on 1 game.

100 Third Graders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:50 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster View Post
No. You might be thinking of Brett Carson.

And Chris Butler sucks.
I think he was talking about Bobby Butler, who was waived.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:23 PM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
It was Regehr, Ales Kotalik (salary dump) and a 2nd for Butler and Paul Byron.

Then that 2nd was given back to Calgary for Buffalo to move up a few draft spots (I think it was 4) from their acquired Nashville pick (Gaustead trade) to Calgary's spot to select Girgensons.
Actually the second round pick the Flames received back in the draft day trade was Buffalo's, the earlier pick, not Calgary's

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:33 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Butler is a 4/5 defenseman, saying he is a #7 is laughable. But I guess you are one of many that judge him based on 1 game.
Its crazy how people call him a #7 defensemen because he can't handle being a #2 defensemen its like calling Turris a 4th line center if he failed as a #1 centermen.

Last edited by TheHudlinator: 01-24-2013 at 10:45 PM.
TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:35 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Its crazy how people call him a #7 defensemen because he can't handle being a #2 defensemen its like calling Turris a 4th line center since he would fail as a #1 centermen.
how do you know Turris would fail

Butler is not better than Benoit and Weircioch. No interest

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:45 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Its crazy how people call him a #7 defensemen because he can't handle being a #2 defensemen its like calling Turris a 4th line center since he would fail as a #1 centermen.
I'm not even going to debate your ignorance. Keep Butler, honestly Sens would be better of with Benoit. Butler was overrated because of Bouwmeester anyways.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:49 PM
BK201

Quote:
he's a 4/5 on a non playoff team...

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:52 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I'm not even going to debate your ignorance. Keep Butler, honestly Sens would be better of with Benoit. Butler was overrated because of Bouwmeester anyways.
Butler played in a position he wasn't suited for sure, but he is not overrated because of Bouwmeester. Butler player some of the toughest minutes in the NHL in his first full season in the NHL, calling him a 4/5 defenseman is hardly overrating him. Butler gets severely underrated because people only know about him because of 1 horrible game.

Also what ignorance did TheGleninator display? He used an analogy that Sens fans should understand because Turris is pretty clearly not a #1 center right now, but anyone who has seen him knows he is much better than a 4th liner.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:55 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
he's a 4/5 on a non playoff team...
And yet strangely in 2010/11 he was #2 in playoff minutes for his team and they still gave their opponents one heck of a run.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:56 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

There are only three players in the Flames organization I would trade Bishop foe and Butler isn't one of them.

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:58 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Butler played in a position he wasn't suited for sure, but he is not overrated because of Bouwmeester. Butler player some of the toughest minutes in the NHL in his first full season in the NHL, calling him a 4/5 defenseman is hardly overrating him. Butler gets severely underrated because people only know about him because of 1 horrible game.

Also what ignorance did TheGleninator display? He used an analogy that Sens fans should understand because Turris is pretty clearly not a #1 center right now, but anyone who has seen him knows he is much better than a 4th liner.
It just sounds ridiculous because Turris has outplayed Spezza this year(short sample I will admit). If you watched any part of Sens games you'd get it. I'm not going to lie and say I've watched more than a period of Chris Butler and the Flames this year, but check out all the Turris proposals on the boards. Especially for fairly unproven goalies.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:59 PM
MAK19

Quote:
And yet strangely in 2010/11 he was #2 in playoff minutes for his team and they still gave their opponents one heck of a run.
Only to turn around and trade him away the first opportunity they got for an over the hill can barely skate anymore d-man

Old
01-24-2013, 10:01 PM
BK201

Quote:
NM but i had a good troll comment.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:02 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
It just sounds ridiculous because Turris has outplayed Spezza this year(short sample I will admit). If you watched any part of Sens games you'd get it. I'm not going to lie and say I've watched more than a period of Chris Butler and the Flames this year, but check out all the Turris proposals on the boards. Especially for fairly unproven goalies.
I watch the Sens quite often as they are one of my favorite teams. Turris is a good player and has potential to be a great player, but he would still be in over his head for the time being if he was asked to center the #1 line every day. It was in no way a slight to Turris, all he was saying is Turris is currently a #2 center. It's not a comment to complain about.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:04 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
wow his trade value must be sky rocketing from the play his whole team showed 3 years ago.
I never said anything about his trade value. I was simply pointing out the flaw in your statement. Butler is better than he gets credit for.

I actually wouldn't even consider moving him for Bishop. The Flames don't need Bishop and weakening the blueline to get a player they don't need makes no sense.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:05 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
how do you know Turris would fail

Butler is not better than Benoit and Weircioch. No interest
Fine I should have said it would be the same as calling Turris a 4th line if he failed as 1st liner its a bad argument either way Butler is a fine #4.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:06 PM
BK201

Quote:
I never said anything about his trade value. I was simply pointing out the flaw in your statement. Butler is better than he gets credit for.

I actually wouldn't even consider moving him for Bishop. The Flames don't need Bishop and weakening the blueline to get a player they don't need makes no sense.
yeah no worries.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:06 PM
MAK19

Quote:

Kiprusoff is ancient, and apparently crappy this year so far.

and then... no one. Calgary needs Bishop.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:08 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
I watch the Sens quite often as they are one of my favorite teams. Turris is a good player and has potential to be a great player, but he would still be in over his head for the time being if he was asked to center the #1 line every day. It was in no way a slight to Turris, all he was saying is Turris is currently a #2 center. It's not a comment to complain about.
I recall Ottawa doing ok in a few games with Spezza injured and Turris playing top line. He was close to if not PPG player. The bigger issue is depth behind him at that point. I know what you are saying, but that point is really invalid. If Butler was a #2-3, it would make sense. You are also underestimating the importance of a good two-way center.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:08 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post

Kiprusoff is ancient, and apparently crappy this year so far.

and then... no one. Calgary needs Bishop.
Would rather give Irving a chance he played well last year its better than wasting assets on a goalie that may only be a slight upgrade.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:10 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I recall Ottawa doing ok in a few games with Spezza injured and Turris playing top line. He was close to if not PPG player. The bigger issue is depth behind him at that point. I know what you are saying, but that point is really invalid. If Butler was a #2-3, it would make sense. You are also underestimating the importance of a good two-way center.
Spezza missed what 2 games last year

Old
01-24-2013, 10:13 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Would rather give Irving a chance he played well last year its better than wasting assets on a goalie that may only be a slight upgrade.
didn't this guy just go unclaimed on waivers or is my memory playing tricks on me?