HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your call: Should canadiens sign or trade subban?

Old
01-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
They've been grooming Dougie to reign his game in for quite a while now. He's getting minutes but only because he isn't gambling with his decision making out there the way Subban does just about every shift.
Spot on. If Hamilton was freelancing like Subban does half the time his behind would get nailed to the bench. Hamilton's a smart kid and he's playing the way the coaching staff wants him to.

Anyway, if the Habs want to trade PK, there are a lot of teams out there desperate for defense who'd pay a good price.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 06:56 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
They should trade him if they aren't willing to pay him close to what players like him are getting in almost every other city. I don't have a problem with Subban getting $5 million, I think he is worth it, certainly more than a guy like Dennis Wideman is worth that kind of money.

They should sign him to an 8 year contract at $5 million per year, by year 3-4 he will be a bargain I am guessing.

I love the turmoil it will cause with the montreal media no matter what happens, I at least want it to drag out another month or so

As far as Subban coming to the Bruins, it would be nice but I doubt the habs are going to give the Bruins a favorable deal. They wouldn't want to face Subban in a Bruins uni every other week.

Maybe a 3 way deal would make it possible, but I couldn't begin to guess what would be required in return.
THIS^^ exactly how I feel and wondered about a 3 way deal too.. possibly Calgary ??

I really doubt we get him but he would easily go a head of Ference Boychuk Quadier on our depth chart anyone that says different is being too bias

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:05 PM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
THIS^^ exactly how I feel and wondered about a 3 way deal too.. possibly Calgary ??

I really doubt we get him but he would easily go a head of Ference Boychuk Quadier on our depth chart anyone that says different is being too bias
Bah! Anyone who doesn`t agree with me is bias!!

Pernell is a spectacle, but I don`t know that I`d say he`d be such an easy call to put ahead of Ference, or even Johnny. Don`t forget, Clode comes down hard on guys who make boneheaded mistakes, and that sort of system might find Pernell on the 3rd pairing pretty quickly. He doesn`t play anything close to a safe or sound game.

Me, I honestly don`t want him on the Bruins; I much prefer playing against him, even if it does give me the nerves when I see the puck going out to him no the powerplay. Other than that I think he`s fun to play against, and not that tough to work over at even strength.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:08 PM
TCL40

I would probably pay him about what he wants if I was in Habs management-mostly because he is a good defenseman with a good shot. Not sure they can trade for something better.

However if he is a locker room issue (the diving stuff to me is a Habs encouraged behavior-that whole team dives and seeks to draw penalties) then I would look for a trade-somewhere outside the division or conference.

I like his defensive game, but hate the diving. I don't mind his agitating ways-I hate it when the Bruins play the Habs with him on the ice but it is a part of his game I wouldn't object to if he was a Bruin.

I don't particularly want the Bruins to trade for him-I don't think the Bruins need him and I am afraid he will bring his diving with him and the last thing I want is my Big, Bad Bruins to become the whining, diving Bruins.

PK does have a lot of talent and I sometimes wonder if he could really shine in a different organization.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Could he help fix the Bruins power play? I would consider it in that case. BTW to get back to reality, there is 0 chance that MTL trades him to the NE division. A -100% chance they would deal him to BOS.

01-24-2013, 08:24 PM
TCL40

Gotta agree-even if Chia offered the Habs the moon for Subban I don't think the Habs would do it-I think the Habs would likely avoid anyone in this division as a trading partner and I still suspect they would look to the WC for a trade if it came to that.

I still think the Habs end up paying him and keeping him. Subban is good at what he does and better to pay the good parts you know you have than risk getting the short end of a trade.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:52 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Subban is a brat, but if you guys think for 1 second that Chara wouldn't straighten him out if he was on this team then you don't know this team very well.
Like he has Marchand?

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:06 PM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddkarma View Post
Could he help fix the Bruins power play? I would consider it in that case. BTW to get back to reality, there is 0 chance that MTL trades him to the NE division. A -100% chance they would deal him to BOS.
Wait a minnit...is this a real thing?

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Hazi

My bet is he lands in Detroit or Philly.

Hazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Spot on. If Hamilton was freelancing like Subban does half the time his behind would get nailed to the bench. Hamilton's a smart kid and he's playing the way the coaching staff wants him to.

Anyway, if the Habs want to trade PK, there are a lot of teams out there desperate for defense who'd pay a good price.
Not to be a hair splitter but if your thinking defense I dont think PK should be your answer.

His best sofar is 14 goals on a -8 season, I'll take Boychuck's 5 goals and +27 thankyou

Salem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:37 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Like he has Marchand?
Marchand would be 10 times worse if he was a Hab or a Canuck. Did you already forget how unbelievably focused he was during the cup run?

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem13 View Post
Not to be a hair splitter but if your thinking defense I dont think PK should be your answer.

His best sofar is 14 goals on a -8 season, I'll take Boychuck's 5 goals and +27 thankyou
As would I. But if you're considering ECHL callups to bolster your defensive corps, PK Subban is going to look appealing.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

If we base our opinion on Bob McKenzie last tweet about Benn, seems to me we should trade our PK to you guys. McKenzie tweeted that one of the reason Benn signed was to play with his brother...You would have to call up in an emergency situation Malcolm though...

Not that you really want a Habs fan opinion, but I find this "bridge contract" that Bergevin wants to give totally insane and stupid. Whether you like him or not, I think it's pretty safe to think that the kid will be a very good player to come and at the right price, will end up being a bargain in a few years when the ceiling will be much higher than it is right now even if it takes a drop next year. Subban can do it all (except fighting, I know...) logs big time minutes and will contribute on both ends. Type of player who in the end "deserve" 5 M$ for 6-7 years, at least what i would give him.

And you can't trade him 'cause every team will see us coming and we will lose another trade....again. Not interested.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:14 PM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 24.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem13 View Post

I'm going to go out on a limb and say those +- numbers had nothing to do with the players you're talking about.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:18 PM
simplysincere*

Subban is overrated, and has a terrible attitude. He ain't worth much.

simplysincere* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:19 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Marchand would be 10 times worse if he was a Hab or a Canuck. Did you already forget how unbelievably focused he was during the cup run?
And this is because he was playing Bruins... And not because he is a very intense player who can discipline himself while under heavy pressure...?

Nop. 100% because he plays for the Bruins. Has nothing to do with the player's personal qualities.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:20 PM
BrainOfJ

Someone make the argument that Subban-Chara wouldn't be the best pairing in the national hockey league. Until I see that, there is room for him on this team.

PK will never be fairly assessed here just like Bergeron will never be fairly assessed on the Toronto board, Lucic will never be fairly assessed on the Montreal board, etc. etc.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:23 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Someone make the argument that Subban-Chara wouldn't be the best pairing in the national hockey league. Until I see that, there is room for him on this team.

PK will never be fairly assessed here just like Bergeron will never be fairly assessed on the Toronto board, Lucic will never be fairly assessed on the Montreal board, etc. etc.
What? Most of us love the guy. The only reason we criticize him is because he plays for you. Otherwise, I suspect the large majority of our board agrees he is one very skilled, intense and physical hockey player that any hockey team should consider itself lucky to have in its lineup.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:30 PM
BrainOfJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
What? Most of us love the guy. The only reason we criticize him is because he plays for you. Otherwise, I suspect the large majority of our board agrees he is one very skilled, intense and physical hockey player that any hockey team should consider itself lucky to have in its lineup.
I will admit I dont venture over to your board much but most of the time i see "goon" "spot picker" etc.

Either way...you get the idea of my post.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If we base our opinion on Bob McKenzie last tweet about Benn, seems to me we should trade our PK to you guys. McKenzie tweeted that one of the reason Benn signed was to play with his brother...You would have to call up in an emergency situation Malcolm though...

Not that you really want a Habs fan opinion, but I find this "bridge contract" that Bergevin wants to give totally insane and stupid. Whether you like him or not, I think it's pretty safe to think that the kid will be a very good player to come and at the right price, will end up being a bargain in a few years when the ceiling will be much higher than it is right now even if it takes a drop next year. Subban can do it all (except fighting, I know...) logs big time minutes and will contribute on both ends. Type of player who in the end "deserve" 5 M$ for 6-7 years, at least what i would give him.

And you can't trade him 'cause every team will see us coming and we will lose another trade....again. Not interested.
What if he's asking for more? Does anyone know?

Old
01-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
Gotta agree-even if Chia offered the Habs the moon for Subban I don't think the Habs would do it-I think the Habs would likely avoid anyone in this division as a trading partner and I still suspect they would look to the WC for a trade if it came to that.

I still think the Habs end up paying him and keeping him. Subban is good at what he does and better to pay the good parts you know you have than risk getting the short end of a trade.
This makes perfect sense to me. Also, the Habs would be looking for a specific piece the B's don't have. Habs have got some of the best prospects and are building for about three years from now, which means they'd only consider trading for someone very young and extremely talented. Boston wouldn't deal Seguin or Hamilton and your 1st pick wouldn't be high enough.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:48 PM
LyricalLyricist

TSN failed on that article. PK has told his agent to find a compromise asap because he wants to be part of the habs.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
TSN failed on that article. PK has told his agent to find a compromise asap because he wants to be part of the habs.
Source? Link?

Old
01-24-2013, 11:29 PM
duckchobbins

It sounds like a garbage situation for PK to be honest, and a reason that we all love to hate sports agents. It's putting the kid in a tough spot and making him look horrible, when it's very possible that it's really just not his fault entirely.

As for what contract he is worth, I have no idea. I've seen everything from 1 to 7 years and 3 to 7 million bandied about on this site. I would say 5 for 5 is about right. Let's face it, the "second contract" doesn't really exist these days, and most young players with a shred of talent are getting serious cash, defenders in particular. To add to that, PK is arguably the face of the Canadiens alongside Carey Price. I'm very interested to see how this one pans out.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:40 PM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
I wouldn't trade a damn thing for him, because I don't want his clown shoes near this place.
this

it is insulting to the Bruins and the greatness of the logo and what it means to be a Bruin for people to even suggest we would want him at all even for free

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote