HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 04:46 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy76 View Post
This guy is poking so many of the big bears around here then getting mad when they wake up and start commenting back....go looking for a fight and you'll find one haven't you ever heard that?

Trade proposals around here and anywhere else are torn apart and looked into its a point of discussion if its a terrible deal either way its going to be said.
To be fair, I've gotten written up for calling a proposal "silly" before.

I'm not sure if "worst trade yet" is seen as more acceptable or less acceptable than "silly" though. Jury's still out.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:47 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
This guy is poking so many of the big bears around here then getting mad when they wake up and start commenting back....go looking for a fight and you'll find one haven't you ever heard that?

Trade proposals around here and anywhere else are torn apart and looked into its a point of discussion if its a terrible deal either way its going to be said.
I should be allowed to propose any trade I want without being called an idiot and flamed.

My trades weren't even that bad. The person on the acquisations thread suggested getting Bobby Ryan for Johansson and a bunch of other players. That's not a realistic trade but I don't see them getting flamed up the butt for it.

It's not a "if you're stupid we'll call you stupid" mentality here or on any other boards. Grow up and respect someone else's opinion. It's sad you have to flame someone over an internet hockey forum to get your fix.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:48 PM
breakawaygoal

Time for a quick rebuild?

Would this season be a good time for the Caps to "tank", missing the playoffs and instead aiming for a high draft pick? We have a lot of players we could trade at the deadline (Hamrlik, Ribeiro, etc.) and this year's draft has a handful of excellent centers among the top picks (MacKinnon, Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm, Nichushkin). Getting a top-5 pick and drafting a center would fill the Caps' 2C hole for the foreseeable future.

Ideally the Caps would be set for a championship run in 2014-2015. Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Green would all still be under 30. Carlson, Alzner, and Orlov would be established NHL defensemen. Forsberg and our newly drafted center would have 2013-2014 to get adjusted to the NHL, and the addition of Kuznetsov in 2014-2015 would give us 3 top-6 forwards on their ELCs. Assuming McPhee can fill out the roster with prospects or some smart UFA signings, I'd think that this would set the Caps up for a high chance of winning the Cup than they have with their current roster.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
I should be allowed to propose any trade I want without being called an idiot and flamed.

My trades weren't even that bad. The person on the acquisations thread suggested getting Bobby Ryan for Johansson and a bunch of other players. That's not a realistic trade but I don't see them getting flamed up the butt for it.

It's not a "if you're stupid we'll call you stupid" mentality here or on any other boards. Grow up and respect someone else's opinion. It's sad you have to flame someone over an internet hockey forum to get your fix.
Whoa there hoss pump the brakes. I didn't say anything about your proposals so chill. You need thicker skin and stop crying every time someone doesn't agree with you, it happens in life sometimes. Yes it is a "if you're stupid we'll call you stupid" mentality alot of the time on here its just the internets not real life.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Bananas

Not Winnin' for MacKinnon?

Old
01-24-2013, 04:55 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakawaygoal View Post
Would this season be a good time for the Caps to "tank", missing the playoffs and instead aiming for a high draft pick? We have a lot of players we could trade at the deadline (Hamrlik, Ribeiro, etc.) and this year's draft has a handful of excellent centers among the top picks (MacKinnon, Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm, Nichushkin). Getting a top-5 pick and drafting a center would fill the Caps' 2C hole for the foreseeable future.

Ideally the Caps would be set for a championship run in 2014-2015. Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Green would all still be under 30. Carlson, Alzner, and Orlov would be established NHL defensemen. Forsberg and our newly drafted center would have 2013-2014 to get adjusted to the NHL, and the addition of Kuznetsov in 2014-2015 would give us 3 top-6 forwards on their ELCs. Assuming McPhee can fill out the roster with prospects or some smart UFA signings, I'd think that this would set the Caps up for a high chance of winning the Cup than they have with their current roster.
This is where you went wrong.

Also, no, I don't want to tank, and certainly not after playing 5% of the season.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:

to be fair, you do the same thing. Go back and read your own posts. You arent exactly civil to those that disagree with you.

You reap what you sow man

Old
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
It's also sad that you're getting so worked up over an internet hockey forum.
I'm not getting worked up but it's pretty annoying when someone attacks you. Disagree all you want but don't be like "dumbest idea ever".

Quote:
Whoa there hoss pump the brakes. I didn't say anything about your proposals so chill. You need thicker skin and stop crying every time someone doesn't agree with you, it happens in life sometimes. Yes it is a "if you're stupid we'll call you stupid" mentality alot of the time on here its just the internets not real life.
How am I crying? Please quote one post where I was "crying" about my proposals?

And that's a pretty bad mentality. If someone you think made a dumb suggestion, you attack them and flame them.

I never called someone retarded or stupid for their suggestions. I always say "I don't think that will happen" or "We wouldn't do that". I never say "Wow your proposals suck, stick to NHL 13"

Old
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

If they were going to be bad enough for a high pick any time soon, I'd rather it be in a shortened season. But I'm not exactly rooting for it.

Just be interesting, if nothing else. Be worth watching. I can live with that.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:58 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
to be fair, you do the same thing. Go back and read your own posts. You arent exactly civil to those that disagree with you.

You reap what you sow man
What are you going off?

Viewing my post history and not clicking the threads? Half of the time when I ask someone what they are talking about, it's I get the same response first.

I NEVER start arguments. Anyone here that knows me knows that. Now continue the thread.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:58 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:

This does not exist on the internets.

Trade proposals 90% will get crapped upon is also universal. Anyone who does needs to have a thicker skin.

01-24-2013, 05:17 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
If they were going to be bad enough for a high pick any time soon, I'd rather it be in a shortened season. But I'm not exactly rooting for it.

Just be interesting, if nothing else. Be worth watching. I can live with that.
Sums up how I feel about this season. Wish for the best!

Old
01-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
What are you going off?

Viewing my post history and not clicking the threads? Half of the time when I ask someone what they are talking about, it's I get the same response first.

I NEVER start arguments. Anyone here that knows me knows that. Now continue the thread.
Ok, your trades seem delusionary. I havent seen one that seems to make any sense.

I am not continuing the thread.

Or do I not amuse you?

Old
01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Ok, your trades seem delusionary. I havent seen one that seems to make any sense.

Or do I not amuse you?

Old
01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Ridley, shhhhhhhhhhhhhh they are mopping this thread up d00d.

Can we trade for PK Subban?

Just wanna stay on topic.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
Quote:

Or do I not amuse you?
I have been quite entertained

Old
01-24-2013, 05:30 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
Ridley, shhhhhhhhhhhhhh they are mopping this thread up d00d.

Can we trade for PK Subban?

Just wanna stay on topic.
Thank you.

I've heard they want Carlson/Alzner at this point for Subban. I don't know what we could get for him but I would like to. Just don't give up those key guys.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Ridley Simon

We need to get a new GM. Any trades made by the current GM will bring more of the same crap we are seeing now.

Caps need a new vision from on high. This current muddling around isnt getting them closer to playoff prominence. Many of the cast of characters the Caps trot out on a given night have either flatlined, or are getting worse.

We can blame the lock out. I get it...."how can we expect the team to understand the new philosophies, and be good fast". Yes yes. We shouldnt expect them to be good.

McPhee hired another rookie coach. He let a lot of salary go without replacing it. We are 6m under this years cap. We have a lot of youth. We are counting on the young players to BE BETTER.

Then why do they seem so disinterested? Why are we 2 games into the season, and the players are questioning their own effort levels? How is that happening? If the players-- year in and year out now since the Montreal flame out-- cant get their juices flowing and show the effort needed...why do we still have them?

We can keep scapegoating the players out of here (Fleischmann, Sloan, Semin, Wideman are all gone....), but nothing will change when the true culprit of these lazy, talent wasting squads is still pulling the strings for the franchise.

Yes, this whole thing pisses me off. 0-2 with a bullet. But we have powerhouse Montreal coming in...we get a win, and the aura of Rose is back.

HMMMMPPPPHHHHH.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:38 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

As long as they don't hire Brian Burke.

Old
01-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Burke wouldn't be allowed to make Kessel-type trades anyway.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:43 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Benn signed.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
ROR's camp wants $5mil per.
Give it to him.

.5 million overpayment?

I'm pretty sure none of us would ***** if we got Bergeron or Kesler for 5.5 million and O'Reilly is quickly getting to that level.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:35 PM
Bananas

Play Bad In All Three Zones for Jones?

Old
01-24-2013, 11:44 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananas View Post