HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 04:46 PM
  #901
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy76 View Post
This guy is poking so many of the big bears around here then getting mad when they wake up and start commenting back....go looking for a fight and you'll find one haven't you ever heard that?

Trade proposals around here and anywhere else are torn apart and looked into its a point of discussion if its a terrible deal either way its going to be said.
To be fair, I've gotten written up for calling a proposal "silly" before.

I'm not sure if "worst trade yet" is seen as more acceptable or less acceptable than "silly" though. Jury's still out.

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:47 PM
  #902
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy76 View Post
This guy is poking so many of the big bears around here then getting mad when they wake up and start commenting back....go looking for a fight and you'll find one haven't you ever heard that?

Trade proposals around here and anywhere else are torn apart and looked into its a point of discussion if its a terrible deal either way its going to be said.
I should be allowed to propose any trade I want without being called an idiot and flamed.

My trades weren't even that bad. The person on the acquisations thread suggested getting Bobby Ryan for Johansson and a bunch of other players. That's not a realistic trade but I don't see them getting flamed up the butt for it.

It's not a "if you're stupid we'll call you stupid" mentality here or on any other boards. Grow up and respect someone else's opinion. It's sad you have to flame someone over an internet hockey forum to get your fix.

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:48 PM
  #903
breakawaygoal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Time for a quick rebuild?

Would this season be a good time for the Caps to "tank", missing the playoffs and instead aiming for a high draft pick? We have a lot of players we could trade at the deadline (Hamrlik, Ribeiro, etc.) and this year's draft has a handful of excellent centers among the top picks (MacKinnon, Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm, Nichushkin). Getting a top-5 pick and drafting a center would fill the Caps' 2C hole for the foreseeable future.

Ideally the Caps would be set for a championship run in 2014-2015. Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Green would all still be under 30. Carlson, Alzner, and Orlov would be established NHL defensemen. Forsberg and our newly drafted center would have 2013-2014 to get adjusted to the NHL, and the addition of Kuznetsov in 2014-2015 would give us 3 top-6 forwards on their ELCs. Assuming McPhee can fill out the roster with prospects or some smart UFA signings, I'd think that this would set the Caps up for a high chance of winning the Cup than they have with their current roster.

breakawaygoal is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:53 PM
  #904
Cappy76
Registered User
 
Cappy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London, Kentucky
Country: United States
Posts: 1,914
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
I should be allowed to propose any trade I want without being called an idiot and flamed.

My trades weren't even that bad. The person on the acquisations thread suggested getting Bobby Ryan for Johansson and a bunch of other players. That's not a realistic trade but I don't see them getting flamed up the butt for it.

It's not a "if you're stupid we'll call you stupid" mentality here or on any other boards. Grow up and respect someone else's opinion. It's sad you have to flame someone over an internet hockey forum to get your fix.
Whoa there hoss pump the brakes. I didn't say anything about your proposals so chill. You need thicker skin and stop crying every time someone doesn't agree with you, it happens in life sometimes. Yes it is a "if you're stupid we'll call you stupid" mentality alot of the time on here its just the internets not real life.

Cappy76 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:54 PM
  #905
Bananas
****
 
Bananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Not Winnin' for MacKinnon?

Bananas is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:55 PM
  #906
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakawaygoal View Post
Would this season be a good time for the Caps to "tank", missing the playoffs and instead aiming for a high draft pick? We have a lot of players we could trade at the deadline (Hamrlik, Ribeiro, etc.) and this year's draft has a handful of excellent centers among the top picks (MacKinnon, Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm, Nichushkin). Getting a top-5 pick and drafting a center would fill the Caps' 2C hole for the foreseeable future.

Ideally the Caps would be set for a championship run in 2014-2015. Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Green would all still be under 30. Carlson, Alzner, and Orlov would be established NHL defensemen. Forsberg and our newly drafted center would have 2013-2014 to get adjusted to the NHL, and the addition of Kuznetsov in 2014-2015 would give us 3 top-6 forwards on their ELCs. Assuming McPhee can fill out the roster with prospects or some smart UFA signings, I'd think that this would set the Caps up for a high chance of winning the Cup than they have with their current roster.
This is where you went wrong.

Also, no, I don't want to tank, and certainly not after playing 5% of the season.

ChibiPooky is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
  #907
Ridley Simon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
I should be allowed to propose any trade I want without being called an idiot and flamed.

My trades weren't even that bad. The person on the acquisations thread suggested getting Bobby Ryan for Johansson and a bunch of other players. That's not a realistic trade but I don't see them getting flamed up the butt for it.

It's not a "if you're stupid we'll call you stupid" mentality here or on any other boards. Grow up and respect someone else's opinion. It's sad you have to flame someone over an internet hockey forum to get your fix.
to be fair, you do the same thing. Go back and read your own posts. You arent exactly civil to those that disagree with you.

You reap what you sow man

Ridley Simon is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
  #908
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
It's also sad that you're getting so worked up over an internet hockey forum.
I'm not getting worked up but it's pretty annoying when someone attacks you. Disagree all you want but don't be like "dumbest idea ever".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy76 View Post
Whoa there hoss pump the brakes. I didn't say anything about your proposals so chill. You need thicker skin and stop crying every time someone doesn't agree with you, it happens in life sometimes. Yes it is a "if you're stupid we'll call you stupid" mentality alot of the time on here its just the internets not real life.
How am I crying? Please quote one post where I was "crying" about my proposals?

And that's a pretty bad mentality. If someone you think made a dumb suggestion, you attack them and flame them.

I never called someone retarded or stupid for their suggestions. I always say "I don't think that will happen" or "We wouldn't do that". I never say "Wow your proposals suck, stick to NHL 13"

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
  #909
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
If they were going to be bad enough for a high pick any time soon, I'd rather it be in a shortened season. But I'm not exactly rooting for it.

Just be interesting, if nothing else. Be worth watching. I can live with that.

brs03 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:58 PM
  #910
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
to be fair, you do the same thing. Go back and read your own posts. You arent exactly civil to those that disagree with you.

You reap what you sow man
What are you going off?

Viewing my post history and not clicking the threads? Half of the time when I ask someone what they are talking about, it's I get the same response first.

I NEVER start arguments. Anyone here that knows me knows that. Now continue the thread.

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:58 PM
  #911
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
usiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Malaz City
Country: San Marino
Posts: 10,034
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
I should be allowed to propose any trade I want without being called an idiot and flamed.

My trades weren't even that bad. The person on the acquisations thread suggested getting Bobby Ryan for Johansson and a bunch of other players. That's not a realistic trade but I don't see them getting flamed up the butt for it.

It's not a "if you're stupid we'll call you stupid" mentality here or on any other boards. Grow up and respect someone else's opinion. It's sad you have to flame someone over an internet hockey forum to get your fix.
This does not exist on the internets.

Trade proposals 90% will get crapped upon is also universal. Anyone who does needs to have a thicker skin.

__________________
True Story™®©
usiel is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:17 PM
  #912
IafrateOvie34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
If they were going to be bad enough for a high pick any time soon, I'd rather it be in a shortened season. But I'm not exactly rooting for it.

Just be interesting, if nothing else. Be worth watching. I can live with that.
Sums up how I feel about this season. Wish for the best!

IafrateOvie34 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:24 PM
  #913
Ridley Simon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
What are you going off?

Viewing my post history and not clicking the threads? Half of the time when I ask someone what they are talking about, it's I get the same response first.

I NEVER start arguments. Anyone here that knows me knows that. Now continue the thread.
Ok, your trades seem delusionary. I havent seen one that seems to make any sense.

I am not continuing the thread.

Or do I not amuse you?

Ridley Simon is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
  #914
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Ok, your trades seem delusionary. I havent seen one that seems to make any sense.

I am not continuing the thread.

Or do I not amuse you?

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
  #915
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Ridley, shhhhhhhhhhhhhh they are mopping this thread up d00d.


Can we trade for PK Subban?

Just wanna stay on topic.

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:26 PM
  #916
Cappy76
Registered User
 
Cappy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London, Kentucky
Country: United States
Posts: 1,914
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Ok, your trades seem delusionary. I havent seen one that seems to make any sense.

I am not continuing the thread.

Or do I not amuse you?
I have been quite entertained

Cappy76 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:30 PM
  #917
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
Ridley, shhhhhhhhhhhhhh they are mopping this thread up d00d.


Can we trade for PK Subban?

Just wanna stay on topic.
Thank you.

I've heard they want Carlson/Alzner at this point for Subban. I don't know what we could get for him but I would like to. Just don't give up those key guys.

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:36 PM
  #918
Ridley Simon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,265
vCash: 500
We need to get a new GM. Any trades made by the current GM will bring more of the same crap we are seeing now.

Caps need a new vision from on high. This current muddling around isnt getting them closer to playoff prominence. Many of the cast of characters the Caps trot out on a given night have either flatlined, or are getting worse.

We can blame the lock out. I get it...."how can we expect the team to understand the new philosophies, and be good fast". Yes yes. We shouldnt expect them to be good.

McPhee hired another rookie coach. He let a lot of salary go without replacing it. We are 6m under this years cap. We have a lot of youth. We are counting on the young players to BE BETTER.

Then why do they seem so disinterested? Why are we 2 games into the season, and the players are questioning their own effort levels? How is that happening? If the players-- year in and year out now since the Montreal flame out-- cant get their juices flowing and show the effort needed...why do we still have them?

We can keep scapegoating the players out of here (Fleischmann, Sloan, Semin, Wideman are all gone....), but nothing will change when the true culprit of these lazy, talent wasting squads is still pulling the strings for the franchise.

Yes, this whole thing pisses me off. 0-2 with a bullet. But we have powerhouse Montreal coming in...we get a win, and the aura of Rose is back.

HMMMMPPPPHHHHH.

Ridley Simon is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:38 PM
  #919
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
As long as they don't hire Brian Burke.

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:24 PM
  #920
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,097
vCash: 500
Burke wouldn't be allowed to make Kessel-type trades anyway.

Langway is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 09:43 PM
  #921
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,518
vCash: 500
Benn signed.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 11:13 PM
  #922
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
ROR's camp wants $5mil per.
Give it to him.

.5 million overpayment?



I'm pretty sure none of us would ***** if we got Bergeron or Kesler for 5.5 million and O'Reilly is quickly getting to that level.

Halpysback is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 11:35 PM
  #923
Bananas
****
 
Bananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Play Bad In All Three Zones for Jones?

Bananas is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 11:44 PM
  #924
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananas View Post
Play Bad In All Three Zones for Jones?
Lose Every Game for Shinkaruk

ChibiPooky is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 11:44 PM
  #925
MoJoSauce
Registered User
 
MoJoSauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NNK
Country: United States
Posts: 463
vCash: 500

GMGM realizing his roster situation

MoJoSauce is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.