HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win again led by the Markov & Diaz duo

Old
01-24-2013, 11:26 PM
The Doors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The Caps have led their division a few times and didn't they upset a team we don't love?
They're a poisoned apple man. Rotten at the core, top to bottom. Poor leadership all around, questionable individuals. They've had some success but I find them a very difficult team to support or enjoy. Not a fan.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Thierrynski

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
if we can bring Subban back we'd have 2 lethal PP combos.

D- Markov
D- Diaz
W- Pacioretty
C- Desharnais
W- Cole

D- Subban
D- Boullion
W- Bourque/Galchenyuk
C- Plekanec
W- Gionta
As far as the PP goes when Subban comes back I think an interesting thing to try out would be to only use PK, Markov and Diaz. Markov and PK for one wave, Diaz and Markov for the other and if Markov needs a break stick PK and Diaz together. I know this probably won't happen but I fell like it would be worth trying out

Thierrynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:27 PM
HTTP 400

vCash: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
and some mention of diaz being tied for 1st in pts. hoorah
Not for 1st, but still very impressive and unexpected!

HTTP 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
Well, I'd welcome Subban in anytime and sit Kaberle, but it's not like we need it to happen.
Yeah I meant actual available players. No doubt I'd have Subban in my lineup. It would be nice to have him especially when you consider we only have one right-handed defenseman right now.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bcv
My french sucks.

On Markov's goal Cole never touched the puck, the assist should go to Diaz!

Man, he's racking them up!

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
It's ok I am wearing my galoshes, I am use to the river of tears around here.

Gauthier bashers are pretty quiet nowadays, they just sorta all faded into the woodwork. All they have left is these pathetic little "oh kaberle is so bad" garbage and then they have zero examples. They even try and blame Kaberle for stuff that happens when he isn't even on the ice.

Cammy is such a star he is on Calgarys third line and spends more time flopping on the ice than anything. Tell me again how Gauthier shouldn't have dumped him mid-game, cry on my shoulder
Gauthier was terrible. He never really left much of a mark onthis team aside from completely diminishing the forward depth of this club.

Most of the pieces here are Gaineys, the ones PG brought in aren't very good aside from Cole/Diaz.

I don't like Gainey, but the bulk of the habs roster is his doing. I still think this is a borderline team that will likely be sitting on th outside after 48 games.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bib
#believe

White's a good character guy, but his positioning worries me on the pk. He doesn't have the highest defensive IQ.

Nice to see everyone get involved though.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Well, I'd welcome Subban in anytime and sit Kaberle, but it's not like we need it to happen.
You realize that what you're pretty much saying is that we don't need to improve.
We don't need to sit Kaberle and put Subban instead? What?

Oh right, Montreal won 2 games. If we win our next two games, it'll be PK was never that good and he's actually just a bottom pair Dman, and us, we'll be cup contenders.

I truly had hoped the crazies would have stayed home during because of the lockout. But it seems like they tripled in amount.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You realize that what you're pretty much saying is that we don't need to improve.

Oh right, Montreal won 2 games. If we win our next two games, it'll be PK was never that good and he's actually just a bottom pair Dman, and us, we'll be cup contenders.

I truly had hoped the crazies would have stayed home during because of the lockout. But it seems like they tripled in amount.
I think you misread his post. He said he would sit Kaberle for Subban.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:38 PM
HTTP 400

Quote:

No, that's not what I said. Calm down bro.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:41 PM
holyhabs87

1st line has been weak all 3 games. Coaches always talk about accountability but there are always exceptions. No way Eller should miss another but we won so doubt lines get changed. Who knows maybe White takes a seat for his penalties?

Therrien has done a fine job so far and appears to be having a good affect on Bourque who has been one of our best players this season. However, we all know consistency is his problem so let's see what he does the next three games.

Price has been very good. A kid many wanted to be traded just a while ago..sound familiar?

What a revelation Diaz has been. Nice parting gift from PG!

EDIT: Of course we need Subban back. Win or lose it should not matter. But really the way Markov is playing doesnt it make you wonder how good we can be with PK back in the lineup? What faulty logic it is for some to say we dont need PK because Markov is playing great. The goal is to be a great team. Markov isnt getting any younger lets try and capitalize now! What a D core that would be and with Pricey in nets, it would be tough to score on us.

Last edited by holyhabs87: 01-24-2013 at 11:46 PM.
holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:45 PM
HatTricK09

I could only manage to watch the first period, but from the highlights I saw, I liked how Galchenyuk pushed Hendricks just before Prust went after him

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:46 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
It's ok I am wearing my galoshes, I am use to the river of tears around here.

Gauthier bashers are pretty quiet nowadays, they just sorta all faded into the woodwork. All they have left is these pathetic little "oh kaberle is so bad" garbage and then they have zero examples. They even try and blame Kaberle for stuff that happens when he isn't even on the ice.

Cammy is such a star he is on Calgarys third line and spends more time flopping on the ice than anything. Tell me again how Gauthier shouldn't have dumped him mid-game, cry on my shoulder
Think about it: what good GM in the NHL would have NOT trading a 1st round pick in a desperation move, getting the team a 3rd overall pick through performance, acquiring two 2nds in rental trades, firing a head coach, not releasing #1 D to UFA, re-signing Price and Pacioretty after their entry level contract leading the way in terms of highlights of a tenure?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

If Habs win next two games, it'll be that it was his fault the team finished last in eastern conference. Will be funny to see the reactions if he does end up signing within the next few days and the team loses a game.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierrynski View Post
As far as the PP goes when Subban comes back I think an interesting thing to try out would be to only use PK, Markov and Diaz. Markov and PK for one wave, Diaz and Markov for the other and if Markov needs a break stick PK and Diaz together. I know this probably won't happen but I fell like it would be worth trying out
I'd try it for sure; especially given the short season with modest expectations, at best. We know Markov and Subban are going to play in all situations, but why not bias Markov towards the PP, and Subban towards the PK? Better/tighter chemistry with PP forwards, who see the same three defensemen every powerplay, as opposed to alternating pairs? It's a luxury having both Markov and Subban able to anchor the 1st pairing of any game situation.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I think you misread his post. He said he would sit Kaberle for Subban.
Yes, he did say that, but then added ''but it's not like we need it to happen''.
So, why don't we need it to happen? Why don't we need to improve?? Because we're amazing?? What's the point of saying ''but it's not like we need it to happen''?

Quote:
No, that's not what I said. Calm down bro.
Yes, it is. Maybe that's not what you meant to say, but you definitely said it.

You said ''you'd sit Kaberle for PK, but it's not like we need it to happen''. So, clear this up for me then if I'm wrong. What did you mean by that?

Old
01-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
If Habs win next two games, it'll be that it was his fault the team finished last in eastern conference. Will be funny to see the reactions if he does end up signing within the next few days and the team loses a game.
It would indeed. So would it be to see people react to his contract.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:06 AM
ToNedOuT

Man, Markov is good. It's been so long since he's been healthy, I forgot how good he really is. Awesome to see him playing so well. We're a different team when he's at the top of his game.

ToNedOuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:27 AM
HTTP 400

Quote:
Yes, he did say that, but then added ''but it's not like we need it to happen''.
So, why don't we need it to happen? Why don't we need to improve?? Because we're amazing?? What's the point of saying ''but it's not like we need it to happen''?

You said ''you'd sit Kaberle for PK, but it's not like we need it to happen''. So, clear this up for me then if I'm wrong. What did you mean by that?
Yep, it's what I said, but not what I mean!

Let me rephrase. Subban would be a huge upgrade to the lineup and I think Kaberle should be the one out, but after 2 decisive wins there is no urge for it. Others understood, but I guess I should have used "urge" instead of "need".

Old
01-25-2013, 12:30 AM
Jigger77

Quote:

I don't know, I thought we were having a pretty innocent chat there. Some pretty touchy folks in here lately.
He just meant there's no crazy rush to get him in there right now. Doesn't mean he wouldn't if he was there.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:30 AM
FinnHab

General Markov is beast!

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:32 AM
HTTP 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I don't know, I thought we were having a pretty innocent chat there.
He just meant there's not crazy rush to get him in there right now. Doesn't mean he wouldn't if he was there.
Yeah, I thought it was clear enough, but thanks anyway!

Old
01-25-2013, 12:37 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Seriously my mancrush for Markov and Diaz is unhealthy. I may need to take a game or two off to stay straight.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Yep, it's what I said, but not what I mean!

Let me rephrase. Subban would be a huge upgrade to the lineup and I think Kaberle should be the one out, but after 2 decisive wins there is no urge for it. Others understood, but I guess I should have used "urge" instead of "need".
That's fine, but I disagree. There's only 45 games left and we only won versus two crap teams. It'll be interesting to see how they do versus better teams.
I understand what you mean, it's less of an urgency than if we were 0-3, sure. But still, any wins we can pack on before Subban coming in is just a big bonus, let's try to keep that added cushion instead of it letting fade away.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Just for correction's sake. Sportscentre just showed a better angle. Cole was on the ice for Markov's goal and did assist.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote