HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 04:33 PM
  #1001
Smelling Salt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,842
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Can you blame him? He will probably get fired if he ever comments on it. I am guessing it is his Activision bosses who don't want dedicated servers...not much he can do.
Truth be told I don't even think the game needs dedicated servers and I don't have many issues with lag comp "screwing" me, but for many it's definitely a problem. I agree, I think he doesn't say anything cause he really can't. Just like he didn't say much on the performance failure of BLOPS1 on PS3 other than they were having their (only) PS3 engineer looking into it.

Smelling Salt is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 06:18 PM
  #1002
Richie10
Registered User
 
Richie10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,637
vCash: 500
The M27 is like a BB gun. Zero stopping power.

As far as lag goes, I surrendered a long time ago to the **** lag coding in this game. It's going to take another developer with a brand new FPS series with either dedicated servers or something to address lag issues in FPS multiplayer. As soon as CoD players start flocking to said franchise, Activision will step in and introduce dedicated servers. They have zero motivation to do anything about lag when everyone keeps playing the game, anyway.

Richie10 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:46 PM
  #1003
Smelling Salt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,842
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
Locked my PS3 twice tonight. Yeah I'm done for the evening.

Smelling Salt is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:24 AM
  #1004
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton
 
McSkittlez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Just saw some guy using a shotgun kill a player who was idle from 45 feet away. Ridiculous... I despise people who use shotguns unless you're doing it for the challenges.

McSkittlez is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 08:12 AM
  #1005
Snipeshow
Registered User
 
Snipeshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
Just saw some guy using a shotgun kill a player who was idle from 45 feet away. Ridiculous... I despise people who use shotguns unless you're doing it for the challenges.


I despise people that use Snipers, SMG, LMG, AR unless their doing it for challenges. It takes no skill to use an automatic weapon or to sit back and kill from across the map.

Snipeshow is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 09:51 AM
  #1006
CoopALoop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Van, Bandwagoner
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post


I despise people that use Snipers, SMG, LMG, AR unless their doing it for challenges. It takes no skill to use an automatic weapon or to sit back and kill from across the map.
Shotguns are annoying to die against, sure.

But the skill cap between an average shotty user and a good shotty user is huge.

I can only imagine how PO'd people get when they play against me.

Shotguns 4 lyf.

CoopALoop is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 11:23 AM
  #1007
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 37,719
vCash: 973
As much as I despise it happening to me. There's something gratifying about dominating your opponents and leaving them with no chance. Last game I used my Remington I went 54-20. It is something that can be avoided though. I've solved Remington rushers before by either letting a teammate go first and opening fire even before the first shot is taken. Or I quickly crouch or go prone and take them out. Or I just give them a taste of their own medicine if those two methods fail.

DuckJet is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 02:13 PM
  #1008
Snipeshow
Registered User
 
Snipeshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
Shotguns are annoying to die against, sure.

But the skill cap between an average shotty user and a good shotty user is huge.

I can only imagine how PO'd people get when they play against me.

Shotguns 4 lyf.
Exactly. Yeah, anybody can panic-shoot with a shotgun and get some kills and it's annoying to die that way, too. I get that. But it takes a skilled shotgunner to go 58-11 on Turbine.

Hardcore pump-action shotgunners that know how to play the class properly and effectively in all game-modes and on all maps is a specific cult following almost.

Snipeshow is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 03:29 PM
  #1009
CoopALoop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Van, Bandwagoner
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Exactly. Yeah, anybody can panic-shoot with a shotgun and get some kills and it's annoying to die that way, too. I get that. But it takes a skilled shotgunner to go 58-11 on Turbine.

Hardcore pump-action shotgunners that know how to play the class properly and effectively in all game-modes and on all maps is a specific cult following almost.
We're definitely a rare breed.

Only thing rarer is a good LMG user.

CoopALoop is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 03:38 PM
  #1010
jw2
Registered User
 
jw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
We're definitely a rare breed.

Only thing rarer is a good LMG user.
So... I should stop using LMG's so much? (newb)

jw2 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:11 PM
  #1011
CoopALoop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Van, Bandwagoner
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
So... I should stop using LMG's so much? (newb)
Naw, keep at it. There's only one way to get good with them.

When i started using shotguns in CoD4, I wasn't too good with them, mainly sticking to small maps only. As my skill level increased, so did my usage of shotguns on larger maps such as overgrown and pipeline.

It really forces more thought into your actions playing on a medium/large map with a shotgun and still excelling.

I'm half decent with LMG's (no Target finder), 1.3 K/D or higher. It's a hoot to use on objective games just for the sheer ability to lay down some law.

CoopALoop is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:31 PM
  #1012
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton
 
McSkittlez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post


I despise people that use Snipers, SMG, LMG, AR unless their doing it for challenges. It takes no skill to use an automatic weapon or to sit back and kill from across the map.
So you would rather die from a person using a shotgun who is shooting from 45 feet out than a person who is using a long range weapon?

It's just pretty ridiculous how a shotgun from that far away can kill someone with one shot. I'm not saying that shotguns should just be taken out altogether, I enjoy taking out players who use shoguns. Sure it takes skill to run around a big map with a shotgun, but to kill from that kind of distance?

McSkittlez is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:34 PM
  #1013
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
I got my first Gold camo, the Vector. When I started yesterday, I as at 65 headshots. The "No Attachments" didn't bother me much since I don't use a sight on the Vector anyways. "No Perks" was actually pretty fun because I realized that I could use 2x Axe and 2x EMP.

Now I'm working on the MSMC, which I'm finding a bit easier to land headshots. When I started I was at 25, now I'm around 60.

I can already tell that I'm going to have an awful time when I try to Gold the Chicom.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:01 PM
  #1014
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,166
vCash: 500
Haven't seen the clan around lately. Damn NHL.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:53 PM
  #1015
CoopALoop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Van, Bandwagoner
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
So you would rather die from a person using a shotgun who is shooting from 45 feet out than a person who is using a long range weapon?

It's just pretty ridiculous how a shotgun from that far away can kill someone with one shot. I'm not saying that shotguns should just be taken out altogether, I enjoy taking out players who use shoguns. Sure it takes skill to run around a big map with a shotgun, but to kill from that kind of distance?
I'm assuming the shotgun in question is the KSG.

It's a tough (but fun) shotty to use. It shoots a single slug instead of the buckshot like the rest of the shotty's.

This means: Longer range, and kill range. But, no spread means you need to be very accurate.

It's essentially a non sighted, short range, pump sniper.

CoopALoop is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:05 PM
  #1016
nogger
Can't stop the #dust
 
nogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 50
I have a specific troll class for people who like to complain about getting smoked.

Remington long barrel
ghost
nothing
extreme condition
2 EMP grenades
1 tac insertion

and just set up my tac insertion close to their spawn and completely ruin the game for them.

nogger is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:25 PM
  #1017
Richie10
Registered User
 
Richie10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,637
vCash: 500
Finally reached Prestige Master. What an odyssey.

I'll post some relevant stats to give people an idea of what it took. I'll post a screen shot later.

Total Kills: 40029
K/D Ratio: 2.15
Wins: 887
W/L Ratio: 1.11
Score: 4,877,055
Score Per Minute: 373
Time Played: 9 days, 2 hours, 27 minutes, 38 secs

Most Played Game Mode: Domination, 656 wins
Most Used Weapon: PDW-57, 6207 kills, 399 headshots
Most Used Equipment: C4, 5715 used, 1738 kills

Most Nonlethal Scorestreaks Used:
1. UAV, 2513 used, 6785 assists
2. Orbital VSAT, 364 used, 2381 assists
3. Care Package, 195 used

Most Lethal Scoreatreaks Used:
1. Lightning Strike, 1361 used, 2301 kills
2. Hunter Killer, 428 used, 256 kills
3. Lodestar, 139 used, 1111 kills

Top Builds, Domination Centric

Primary Weapon: PDW-57
Attachments: Suppressor, Fast Mag
Secondary: KAP-40
Perk 1: Flak Jacket, Hardline
Perk 2: Scavenger
Perk 3: Dexterity
Lethal: C4
Wildcard: Perk 1 Greed

Primary Weapon: AN-94
Attachments: Suppressor, Fast Mag
Secondary: FHJ-18 AA
Perk 1: Hardline, Ghost
Perk 2: Toughness
Perk 3: Awareness
Lethal: Bouncing Betty
Wildcard: Perk 1 Greed

Primary Weapon: R870 MCS
Attachments: Long Barrel, Quickdraw
Secondary: None
Perk 1: Flak Jacket, Lightweight
Perk 2: Scavenger
Perk 3: Dexterity
Lethal: C4
Tactical: Concussion Grenade
Wildcard: Perk 1 Greed

Primary Weapon: LSAT
Attachments: Suppressor, Quickdraw
Secondary: RPG
Perk 1: Lightweight, Hardline
Perk 2: Toughness
Perk 3: Dexterity
Lethal: Bouncing Betty
Wildcard: Perk 1 Greed

Primary Weapon: DSR 50
Attachments: Ballistics CPU
Secondary: KAP-40
Perk 1: Hardline
Perk 2: Scavenger
Perk 3: Awareness
Lethal: Bouncing Betty
Tactical: Shock Charge x 2

And there you have it. Gamer tag: wate wut

Richie10 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:02 PM
  #1018
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
So you would rather die from a person using a shotgun who is shooting from 45 feet out than a person who is using a long range weapon?

It's just pretty ridiculous how a shotgun from that far away can kill someone with one shot. I'm not saying that shotguns should just be taken out altogether, I enjoy taking out players who use shoguns. Sure it takes skill to run around a big map with a shotgun, but to kill from that kind of distance?
Considering that the damage is usually considerably reduced at a distance for a shotgun, it probably did take some skill. And to have the knowledge to attempt to shoot someone with a shotgun from that distance in the first place.

Blueline Bomber is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:45 PM
  #1019
Carl Carlson
Registered User
 
Carl Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Finally reached Prestige Master. What an odyssey.

I'll post some relevant stats to give people an idea of what it took. I'll post a screen shot later.

Total Kills: 40029
K/D Ratio: 2.15
Wins: 887
W/L Ratio: 1.11
Score: 4,877,055
Score Per Minute: 373
Time Played: 9 days, 2 hours, 27 minutes, 38 secs

Most Played Game Mode: Domination, 656 wins
Most Used Weapon: PDW-57, 6207 kills, 399 headshots
Most Used Equipment: C4, 5715 used, 1738 kills

Most Nonlethal Scorestreaks Used:
1. UAV, 2513 used, 6785 assists
2. Orbital VSAT, 364 used, 2381 assists
3. Care Package, 195 used

Most Lethal Scoreatreaks Used:
1. Lightning Strike, 1361 used, 2301 kills
2. Hunter Killer, 428 used, 256 kills
3. Lodestar, 139 used, 1111 kills

Top Builds, Domination Centric

Primary Weapon: PDW-57
Attachments: Suppressor, Fast Mag
Secondary: KAP-40
Perk 1: Flak Jacket, Hardline
Perk 2: Scavenger
Perk 3: Dexterity
Lethal: C4
Wildcard: Perk 1 Greed

Primary Weapon: AN-94
Attachments: Suppressor, Fast Mag
Secondary: FHJ-18 AA
Perk 1: Hardline, Ghost
Perk 2: Toughness
Perk 3: Awareness
Lethal: Bouncing Betty
Wildcard: Perk 1 Greed

Primary Weapon: R870 MCS
Attachments: Long Barrel, Quickdraw
Secondary: None
Perk 1: Flak Jacket, Lightweight
Perk 2: Scavenger
Perk 3: Dexterity
Lethal: C4
Tactical: Concussion Grenade
Wildcard: Perk 1 Greed

Primary Weapon: LSAT
Attachments: Suppressor, Quickdraw
Secondary: RPG
Perk 1: Lightweight, Hardline
Perk 2: Toughness
Perk 3: Dexterity
Lethal: Bouncing Betty
Wildcard: Perk 1 Greed

Primary Weapon: DSR 50
Attachments: Ballistics CPU
Secondary: KAP-40
Perk 1: Hardline
Perk 2: Scavenger
Perk 3: Awareness
Lethal: Bouncing Betty
Tactical: Shock Charge x 2

And there you have it. Gamer tag: wate wut
Nice work. 2KD is impressive but the 373 score per minute is sick. I typically hit between 220 and 260.

Carl Carlson is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:58 AM
  #1020
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton
 
McSkittlez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Considering that the damage is usually considerably reduced at a distance for a shotgun, it probably did take some skill. And to have the knowledge to attempt to shoot someone with a shotgun from that distance in the first place.
Yes, shooting a player who was idle with a shotgun takes some skill.

McSkittlez is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:16 AM
  #1021
wingsnut19
Registered User
 
wingsnut19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Haven't seen the clan around lately. Damn NHL.
My internet connection has been on the fritz lately, so I haven't been playing much. A tech is coming today so hopefully I'll be able to play this weekend for double xp.

wingsnut19 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:23 AM
  #1022
jw2
Registered User
 
jw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
I think I'm a rank 38 right now. Any benefit to try to prestige? I'm not good at the game. Just wondering if I should really try to play more during a double XP weekend, or is it worthless?

jw2 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:35 AM
  #1023
CoopALoop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Van, Bandwagoner
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carlson View Post
Nice work. 2KD is impressive but the 373 score per minute is sick. I typically hit between 220 and 260.
Notice the 9 days played? That's what you should look for when you see a max prestiger in a lobby.

These 6 day'ers are liars.

I usually rock a 360 spm. only a 1.4 k/d ratio.

CoopALoop is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
  #1024
Richie10
Registered User
 
Richie10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carlson View Post
Nice work. 2KD is impressive but the 373 score per minute is sick. I typically hit between 220 and 260.
I'm an objective minded player and a rusher. Plus, the way the killstreaks are structured around score really pushed me to constantly rack up whatever points I could. Uploaded a 6v6 Dom game the other day in which I scored 6950 points - probably my highest score ever. I only had 30+ kills, but I had 11 captures, 16 defends, and was looping my Orbital VSAT/EMP/Escort Drone. Honestly, those games are more fun than the 70 plus big kill games I've had.

And yeah, 9 days played. That's what it took. If you see a max prestiger with only 5-6 days played, they probably glitched, unless they have an absurd SPM, like 500+.

Off note a little bit, but I threw in BO1 last night just for some nostalgia and the game was a tremendous breath of fresh air. It plays completely different than BO2. BO2 really does feel like another Modern Warfare. Granted, the overall gameplay design is a GOOD Modern Warfare (closer to MW2 than MW3) but I just like the more tactics based gameplay of Black Ops 1 and to a lesser extent World at War. I really hate the trend in CoD of random, absurd explosions and killstreaks becoming the focal point of the game. Sure, BO1 had Chopper Gunners and Dogs and what not, but it's a MUCH less chaotic game with more of an emphasis on gunplay than anything else, I feel.

Richie10 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:43 AM
  #1025
CoopALoop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Van, Bandwagoner
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
I think the big difference is the focus on smaller, alley way maps instead of the medium sized maps with long sight lines.

WaW was full of Juggernaut, MP40 w/ silencer scrubs the same way that BO2 is full of PDW guys.

It's just that longer range weapons (snipers, AR's and LMG's) are starting to be put more on the back burner due to the constraints of the maps.

CoopALoop is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.