HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your call: Should canadiens sign or trade subban?

Old
01-24-2013, 11:48 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
this

it is insulting to the Bruins and the greatness of the logo and what it means to be a Bruin for people to even suggest we would want him at all even for free
Oh the things people say when they're drunk.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:58 PM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Oh the things people say when they're drunk.
no, completely sober, and this isn't just about Subban, I am offended greatly over the years quite often when other so called "fans" of the Bruins seem to think that any player that has skill should be able to be a Bruin, when to me there is much more to being a Bruin that they so conveniently ignore or not even understand

being a Bruin is something special, and it is why this team as a sum is much greater than the simple addition of the skills of it's parts, the Bruins are a team, and what it means for all on the team to be a Bruin is what sets them apart from the rest

I am proud to be a fan of this team, whereas I see other fanbases and teams that have supposed superstars but they are just a collection of individuals with no overall identity to the group

this is the greatness of the Bruins and summed up symbolically by the logo, some are worthy, but just having a set of skills doesn't make one worthy, even if they are a so-called superstar

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:09 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Wow western, that was rather touching

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:16 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
It sounds like a garbage situation for PK to be honest, and a reason that we all love to hate sports agents. It's putting the kid in a tough spot and making him look horrible, when it's very possible that it's really just not his fault entirely.

As for what contract he is worth, I have no idea. I've seen everything from 1 to 7 years and 3 to 7 million bandied about on this site. I would say 5 for 5 is about right. Let's face it, the "second contract" doesn't really exist these days, and most young players with a shred of talent are getting serious cash, defenders in particular. To add to that, PK is arguably the face of the Canadiens alongside Carey Price. I'm very interested to see how this one pans out.
If Subban is asking for a ridiculous amount of money (I have no idea if he is or isn't), it IS his fault. Agents take their orders from the players, not the other way around.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:29 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Source? Link?
It's in french but sure.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...une-resolution

As well:

LeBrun on TSN 690:

''I talked to a couple of sources in the Habs front office last week and they have no intention of trading Subban.''

Sorry to be party pooper.

Habs would never get fair value for Subban so they'd never trade him.

This is honestly no different that Benn or O'Reilly. Except of course Benn just signed for the deal I assume PK wants(prob at 4.5 per)

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:54 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
no, completely sober, and this isn't just about Subban, I am offended greatly over the years quite often when other so called "fans" of the Bruins seem to think that any player that has skill should be able to be a Bruin, when to me there is much more to being a Bruin that they so conveniently ignore or not even understand

being a Bruin is something special, and it is why this team as a sum is much greater than the simple addition of the skills of it's parts, the Bruins are a team, and what it means for all on the team to be a Bruin is what sets them apart from the rest

I am proud to be a fan of this team, whereas I see other fanbases and teams that have supposed superstars but they are just a collection of individuals with no overall identity to the group

this is the greatness of the Bruins and summed up symbolically by the logo, some are worthy, but just having a set of skills doesn't make one worthy, even if they are a so-called superstar

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:56 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I will admit I dont venture over to your board much but most of the time i see "goon" "spot picker" etc.
Usually when we play you and/or he tries to provoke fight with our players. In that specific case, come on, any hockey fan is WIRED to hate the opposition's players.

But I know many Habs fan who would be extremely happy to have "that player we love to hate" on our side. I suspect it's the same for Subban with the Bruins fanbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Either way...you get the idea of my post.
I guess... But again, I am sure it's more a case of "hate the player wearing that logo" than hating the player himself.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:21 AM
ODAAT

With each Hab win, me thinks PK`s position of strength weakens

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
It's in french but sure.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...une-resolution

As well:

LeBrun on TSN 690:

''I talked to a couple of sources in the Habs front office last week and they have no intention of trading Subban.''

Sorry to be party pooper.

Habs would never get fair value for Subban so they'd never trade him.

This is honestly no different that Benn or O'Reilly. Except of course Benn just signed for the deal I assume PK wants(prob at 4.5 per)
Not my party. I don't give a rat's behind whether he's traded or not, I'm just enjoying the impasse.

Thanks for the link. I'm sure the Canadiens do have no intention of trading Subban. That doesn't mean they won't. We'll see what happens.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Number8

Quote:
If Subban is asking for a ridiculous amount of money (I have no idea if he is or isn't), it IS his fault. Agents take their orders from the players, not the other way around.
If you are going to emphasize the "IS" part, then you need to emphasize the other parts as well.

Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:04 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

Ask a fan of the other 29 teams what they think of Lucic and Marchand, and some of their on ice activities through the years...

We took a very un-Bruinlike Nathan Horton and made him into a Bruin...we could do the same with anyone, if Chiarelli decided to go that route. I think the brass likes Subban. It's not like it's Ott, Cooke or Kaleta.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:

You are delusional. It is a nice thought and all, but pretty much just complete nonsense.

Subban would be a great fit here.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Ask a fan of the other 29 teams what they think of Lucic and Marchand, and some of their on ice activities through the years...

We took a very un-Bruinlike Nathan Horton and made him into a Bruin...we could do the same with anyone, if Chiarelli decided to go that route. I think the brass likes Subban. It's not like it's Ott, Cooke or Kaleta.
I am with you Lou. I have said many times in this thread that with Z and PB leading by example I think PK would change a lot of the way he acts.

Don't get me wrong I would still want him to do his think like Marchand but I would want him to not cross the line. I think if Marchand was on another team without such good leadership he would have a much longer rap sheet then he does right now.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:09 AM
TCL40

Quote:
His best sofar is 14 goals on a -8 season, I'll take Boychuck's 5 goals and +27 thankyou
While Subban makes some defensive lapses, he isn't afraid of contact and is willing to hit and take hits. He also IMO at least hasn't had the benefit of playing with other solid d-men (he has been one of their best the last 2 years).

Also a lot of his goals come on the PP which doesn't help his +/- score. PK has a beautiful, laser like shot.

I admit that I mostly don't like Subban because he is a Hab-oh and the diving, but I think on a team like the Bruins, he would be told to cool it.

Still think the Habs get a deal done-they aren't going to roll the dice with losing PK and getting a Gomez.

Quote:
I think if Marchand was on another team without such good leadership he would have a much longer rap sheet then he does right now.
I absolutely agree with this 100%. We like Marchand because he is a Bruin, but if he was on another team, he would probably be worse-I really think Julien and the team have given him some room to be a rat, but they seek to make sure he keeps under control.

Last edited by TCL40: 01-25-2013 at 09:15 AM.
TCL40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:23 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Subban would not be a minus 8 on the bruins

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:25 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Marchand would be 10 times worse if he was a Hab or a Canuck. Did you already forget how unbelievably focused he was during the cup run?
When he was diving and yapping? Like it or not, he is just as bad as Subban. No way we can have both. We would become the Sabres.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Mazzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post

Please. Where else can this guy possibly play?

He was born to be a hab.

Perhaps Subban and change for Bubba "Pump my tires" Lou over in habs west.

Mazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Mazzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
You'd trade a guy who has a decent chance of being a Norris nominee sometime in next 5 years over 0.5 million $ ???

This whole dispute looks really stupid and if it goes on another week I think it will hurt the reputations of both Bergevin & Don Meehan, they really need to settle on 2-3 years, 4.5 - 5 million and move on. A young RFA missing games over a contract negotiations is embarrassing.
You can't mean the Norris trophy, and certainly not Chuck Norris

Mazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Shaun
All Aboard

Quote:

Marc Savard and Nathan Horton were both very unBruin like before they got here. I'm sure PK would change with the leadership t hat is here.

Since we already have Malcolm and hopefully will draft Jordan maybe PK will sign when he's an UFA.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Bergevin is playing the " hard line " and it will work until Markov get hurt. Then, things will get messy since Subban will have a pretty good leverage against the team. There's reports who says that Subban is not a great fit in the locker room. If so, i don't understand why MTL is delaying a trade involving Subban in order to improve their team. MTL is speaking from both sides of the mouth, if you ask me...

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Slapshot18

trade his brother for him

Slapshot18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:16 AM
DaveFromNB

Clearly they should trade him to the Leafs for 2 1'st and a 2'nd...

Personally I'd like to see the league get back to short term bridge contracts, which seems to be what the Montreal management is trying to do. They seem to have largely gone by the wayside with the threat of offer sheets, but I think the way for example that Rask has had his contracts managed is the right way to go. Pay for performance, not potential. Hope Montreal management win this one by resigning him to a short reasonable $ contract.

DaveFromNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:17 AM
bearcountry17

vCash: 873
I wouldn't mind PK on the Bruins if he could be had for cheap but thats not going to happen.
I'd rather him just stay in Montreal where he isn't likely to hurt us in the playoffs for at least a few years then have them ship him to Philly, Pit, or whomever where he can pose a real threat to us come playoff time. He is also great for the rivalry and I love me some nasty Bs vs Habs games.

bearcountry17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post

We did? Why didn't I get an invitation?

The argument is silly, because it's never going to happen, but I like the Bruins defense now. I like Ference because he'll drop the gloves to defend teammates even though he's small and not an enforcer. I like McQuaid because he scares the poop out of guys who dare to mess with his goalie. I like Boychuk because he hits like a Mack truck. Chara and Seidenberg, it goes without saying. And I love our young stud and look forward to seeing him grow up a Bruin.

If you want to trade for Subban, one or more of those guys have to go. Now, if Subban was a supreme talent, that would be one thing. But I don't think he is. He's good. He's not the second coming of Nick Lidstrom, sorry.

Hockey, more than any other sport, feeds on chemistry. There are times when a team will live with an annoying teammate because his supreme talent makes it worth it. But to me, dumping someone like Ference or Boychuk to add a guy who made Patrice Bergeron literally roll his eyes isn't worth it, and refutes everything the Bruins stand for.

So go ahead, throw stuff and tell me I'm not a "real" fan, etc.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:27 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
We did? Why didn't I get an invitation?

The argument is silly, because it's never going to happen, but I like the Bruins defense now. I like Ference because he'll drop the gloves to defend teammates even though he's small and not an enforcer. I like McQuaid because he scares the poop out of guys who dare to mess with his goalie. I like Boychuk because he hits like a Mack truck. Chara and Seidenberg, it goes without saying. And I love our young stud and look forward to seeing him grow up a Bruin.

If you want to trade for Subban, one or more of those guys have to go. Now, if Subban was a supreme talent, that would be one thing. But I don't think he is. He's good. He's not the second coming of Nick Lidstrom, sorry.

Hockey, more than any other sport, feeds on chemistry. There are times when a team will live with an annoying teammate because his supreme talent makes it worth it. But to me, dumping someone like Ference or Boychuk to add a guy who made Patrice Bergeron literally roll his eyes isn't worth it, and refutes everything the Bruins stand for.

So go ahead, throw stuff and tell me I'm not a "real" fan, etc.
Look, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with your assessment of your Defensemen. But wouldn't you agree that if Subban WAS a "supreme talent", he probably wouldn't be in this very situation at the moment?

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote