HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 11:01 PM
  #851
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,858
vCash: 166
They'd want Kulemin before they want MacArthur. Think of the possible chemistry between Kulemin and Datsyuk.

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 11:04 PM
  #852
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
They'd want Kulemin before they want MacArthur. Think of the possible chemistry between Kulemin and Datsyuk.
I wouldn't do that. But I agree

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 07:54 AM
  #853
rumman
Registered User
 
rumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
I'm totally going to get flamed for this, but I think that the Leafs actually need a veteran big body who can crash the net on the first line with Bozak and Kessel. I know, I know, no old guys, but I'm sick and tired of watching a bunch of kids completely lose their **** when momentum shifts. The "youngest team in the NHL" thing is cool, but you need older guys to mentor the kids.

My proposal is... Johan "The Mule" Franzen.

Detroit is on their way into a rebuild and they would probably be willing to deal a guy like Franzen who might need a change of scenery. His contract is long, but his cap hit is 4.0M, and he gives us what we've been missing for years, a net presence. Think about how many Kessel snipes would go in with some net presence. Plus he is clutch in the playoffs (if we ever get there). Most of these guys have never seen the playoffs. We will need a vet to help show the way.

Detroit is in desperate need for a right-handed D, and we have one to trade in Cody Franson. We could also give them MacArthur back to replace losing a winger, and maybe get a 1st rounder out of them for taking the ridiculously long contract of their hands.

To Toronto:
Johan Franzen
1st 2013

To Detroit:
MacArthur
Franson

Once Lupul comes back...

Franzen - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Grabovski - Kulemin
JVR - Kadri - Frattin

Thoughts? (Please be nice)
completely agree the Leafs need a couple of players willing to play in the dirty areas around the net, who they could get is debatable, certainly this is critical for the powerplay, Leaf are forever cycling the puck around the perimeter with no gumption of taking a shot, maybe with some traffic in front of the net, someone, ANYONE might shoot the puck!

rumman is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 07:55 AM
  #854
pspot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,564
vCash: 500
again I'd suggest kicking the tiers on Dubinsky in CLS

something like a package of
vet , connolly or steckel
depth dman, Franson or Holzer
mid prospect, d'amigo, blacker, ryan or scott

pspot is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:10 AM
  #855
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
again I'd suggest kicking the tiers on Dubinsky in CLS

something like a package of
vet , connolly or steckel
depth dman, Franson or Holzer
mid prospect, d'amigo, blacker, ryan or scott
Can I ask, why are we getting Dubi when we already have Bozak? The two are way too similar. Plus, Dubi didn't exactly do wonders for his game playing for the ECHL during the lockout.

I'd pass on Dubi.

We would be better off targeting Clowe, or someone of that elk, again.

dubplatepressure is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:12 AM
  #856
pspot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Can I ask, why are we getting Dubi when we already have Bozak? The two are way too similar. Plus, Dubi didn't exactly do wonders for his game playing for the ECHL during the lockout.

I'd pass on Dubi.
he plays LW or C and plays a different game than Bozak
he'll go to the dirty areas and throw his body around and score

Lupul/Bozak/Kessel
JVR/Grabo/Kulemin
Dubinsky/Kadri/Mac
Komvarov/Mc/Brown

without a legit #1 C the leafs should play a top 9....especially for this season with so many games

pspot is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:40 AM
  #857
Chandrashekhar Limit
Kunitz sucks balls
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 15,778
vCash: 500
So Dreger said Nonis is considering moving one of Gunnar/Franson (check the Nonis interview thread). What can we realistically get for Franson? I don't think Nonis would really want a pick. A struggling PWF/prospect would be ideal I think.

From Nonis' interview last night, it seems like he'll give these guys 10 games to showcase their game, and show him which one is more expendable. Common sense says Franson.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:50 AM
  #858
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,066
vCash: 500
Franson + for DSP ?

Pretty sure DSP has been struggling thus far.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:57 AM
  #859
Leafs in 7
Registered User
 
Leafs in 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pickering,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Franson + for DSP ?

Pretty sure DSP has been struggling thus far.
Who is DSP

Leafs in 7 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 08:58 AM
  #860
Leafs in 7
Registered User
 
Leafs in 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pickering,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
So Dreger said Nonis is considering moving one of Gunnar/Franson (check the Nonis interview thread). What can we realistically get for Franson? I don't think Nonis would really want a pick. A struggling PWF/prospect would be ideal I think.

From Nonis' interview last night, it seems like he'll give these guys 10 games to showcase their game, and show him which one is more expendable. Common sense says Franson.
Agreed Franson for a struggling PWF or Prospect would be idle

Leafs in 7 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:04 AM
  #861
caribouPINE
Registered User
 
caribouPINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALDAL View Post
Who is DSP
Devante Smith-Pelly or however you spell it.

Played on Canadian World Junior team recently... Ducks organization.

caribouPINE is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:06 AM
  #862
Chandrashekhar Limit
Kunitz sucks balls
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 15,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Franson + for DSP ?

Pretty sure DSP has been struggling thus far.
I would absolutely love it, but I don't see the Ducks moving him. They don't really have many prospects similar to him.

EDIT: One trade that could workout for the Ducks would be Biggs + Franson for DSP. We basically give up Franson as the price for getting Biggs' NHL ready version. I wouldn't mind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALDAL View Post
Who is DSP
Devante Smith-Pelley


Last edited by Chandrashekhar Limit: 01-25-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 09:55 AM
  #863
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
he plays LW or C and plays a different game than Bozak
he'll go to the dirty areas and throw his body around and score

Lupul/Bozak/Kessel
JVR/Grabo/Kulemin
Dubinsky/Kadri/Mac
Komvarov/Mc/Brown

without a legit #1 C the leafs should play a top 9....especially for this season with so many games
I still don't see the value in spending our defensive depth plus a prospect in acquiring a 3rd line winger. We have enough of them. Frattin does what Dubi does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALDAL
Bozak is meh McClement is meh Mueller has more potential then most and is more skilled
I'd like to see Mueller too, but he didn't sign here and we have Bozak. Again, same thing - not enough of an upgrade of Bozer to substantiate the price of acquisition. If we get him and he plays another 30 games for us a season, how useful is that? Lupul's ressurection was an outlier - no one expected it, and it's certainly not the norm.

dubplatepressure is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:22 AM
  #864
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 33,810
vCash: 500
hypathetically, what could we get for kessel ?

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:25 AM
  #865
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 69,525
vCash: 500
Ducks need forwards of DSP capabilities, doubt they would move him.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:31 AM
  #866
CmonLeafs
Registered User
 
CmonLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
hypathetically, what could we get for kessel ?
From what team?

A 1st and a solid player worth a 1st/a top prospect. Depends on the team.

CmonLeafs is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:31 AM
  #867
pspot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
hypathetically, what could we get for kessel ?
the one idea i keep going to back to is if the Islanders end up with a top 5 pick and Kessel doesn't indicate to be resigning or a fit then something around that pick for him

ideally leafs come out of this draft with two top 5 picks + Rielly could be a great core to build around

imagine

Jones or MacK
Barkov or Druin
Rielly

pspot is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:32 AM
  #868
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 33,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs0381 View Post
From what team?

A 1st and a solid player worth a 1st/a top prospect. Depends on the team.
well lets say....... vancouver

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:34 AM
  #869
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 33,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
the one idea i keep going to back to is if the Islanders end up with a top 5 pick and Kessel doesn't indicate to be resigning or a fit then something around that pick for him

ideally leafs come out of this draft with two top 5 picks + Rielly could be a great core to build around

imagine

Jones or MacK
Barkov or Druin
Rielly
but we gave up 2 1sts to get him

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:35 AM
  #870
pspot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
but we gave up 2 1sts to get him
looking forward

and these guys are comparible prospects to Seguin and Hamilton

pspot is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:39 AM
  #871
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,629
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
well lets say....... vancouver
Nothing that would help us more than Kessel.

IMO Kessel could fetch something like Strome, decent prospect, 2nd.

Not sure if Strome is any better than what we have in Kadri though.

He'll fetch something in between what Carter and Richards fetched.

Pi is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:46 AM
  #872
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 69,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Nothing that would help us more than Kessel.

IMO Kessel could fetch something like Strome, decent prospect, 2nd.

Not sure if Strome is any better than what we have in Kadri though.

He'll fetch something in between what Carter and Richards fetched.
I like strome skill but question his capabilities in other aspect of the game. He has proved me wrong for sure as his hockey sense has made me realize he's good but he still needs to work on other aspects of the game to be complete.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 10:57 AM
  #873
Cor
I'm Not Drunk
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Not Hurt's Basement
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,128
vCash: 50
Mackinnon and Drouin in one draft?

That would be fun

Cor is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:00 AM
  #874
leugangen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
Mackinnon and Drouin in one draft?

That would be fun
Would set up this team for the next 15 years up front.

leugangen is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:03 AM
  #875
Cor
I'm Not Drunk
 
Cor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Not Hurt's Basement
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,128
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Would set up this team for the next 15 years up front.
No Kidding.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Kessel
??? - Kadri - Frattin
Kulemin - Colborne - Biggs
Ross - McClement - Komarov

That would be nice

Cor is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.