HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stephen Weiss a healthy scratch tonight (nope, just injured)

Old
01-24-2013, 11:51 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Jesus View Post

Weiss
Clemmensen
2nd round pick 2013

Luongo
I have never understood why the Panthers would give up anything of value for Luo they have Theo who had slightly worse numbers then Luo did on a worse team and they have Markstrom who in 2 years will be in the same position as Schneider ready to be the starter. Florida is probably the last team that needs him regardless of where he wants to go.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:52 PM
Free Torts

vCash: 500
Go home, Garry Valk. You're not drunk but you're an idiot.

Free Torts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:57 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Garry Valk ‏@gvalksportsnet

Trade speculation in Florida...Stephen Weiss a healthy scratch tonight.

https://twitter.com/gvalksportsnet/s...44701775142913
Stephen Weiss for Steve Sullivan

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:59 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Why would they need Weiss to go with Crosby, Malkin, and Sutter?
I was just about to ask the exact same thing. It makes less than zero sense. Maybe we are trying to collect all the center.

And Weiss is a pending UFA, so why would we give a top4 Dmen for someone we could never realistically re-sign anyway, unless Weiss is the kind of masochist who enjoys taking paycuts to be bumped down serveral lines.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:17 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Weiss for Luongo makes perfect sense now!

Kesler is injured and panthers need a goalie.
Panthers also need their #1 center.

01-25-2013, 12:21 AM
FrolikFan67

see, i knew something was up with weiss. i mean 0 shots in 3 games as the #1 center (57min), and not just that but you can visually see it in his play, he just wasnt playing at 100%...or even 60%. i was guessing flu/cold but i guess its lower body. makes sense.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:53 AM
medhatcanuck

I bet it's Weiss with the clap or a Herps outbreak. honestly for how much tail these guys get, they're bound to miss a few games die to stds. And lower body injury is a perfect cover up. My 8 cents.

medhatcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:09 AM
clumping platelets

Would for the Sabres to trade for him but we likely only have defensive prospects for trade

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:12 AM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I have never understood why the Panthers would give up anything of value for Luo they have Theo who had slightly worse numbers then Luo did on a worse team and they have Markstrom who in 2 years will be in the same position as Schneider ready to be the starter. Florida is probably the last team that needs him regardless of where he wants to go.
Has Markstrom turned it around in SanAn after his poor start? I lost interest after it was quite clear the Panthers weren't really going make a big move for Lu, and to think Weiss would even be considered as a part of the deal is just wishful thinking. There is like literally no one ready to take his spot on the Panthers.
The knee surgeries Markstrom has had already would worry me personally, the guy is so young and to think that with his style, more knee surgey could derail his career completely.

If Weiss is dealt, which isn't likely at all IMHO, it'll be for a scoring prospect late in the season after every attempt has been made to re-sign the guy. If the Cats anti up Benn like contract, I could easily see him sticking around. He was a Cat draft pick and has come up through the ranks. If I made that type of money and lived in Florida for that long, I'd find it very hard to leave. Especially now be may have some reinforcements coming from some younger players.

Despite who the Cats have in the wings for the net, I could see them striking a deal in the summer if Lu is still in Van, though I have to admit it'll be the Cats taking us for ride to please Lui over taking crap returns else where. They've done us a solid with Sturm, And Hordi before, I think they'd hae no problem bringing Lui back on the cheap.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:16 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
He was not a healthy scratch. Not a single person from Florida said it was a healthy scratch.

They've all made it quite clear he left the ice with an injury and is day-to-day.

Some of these beatnik writers will run with anything. Show some professionalism for a change.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:18 AM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
What use would the Penguins have for Weiss? I know Orpik's not what he used to be, but you can't trade him right now without getting a decent defenseman back. Penguins have arguably the best center depth in the League. Why would they need Weiss to go with Crosby, Malkin, and Sutter?

Weiss won't be traded now anyway. He's just injured. Media trying to stir the pot, nothing else.
No use at all. Some fellow Pens fans are talking out of their *****. The Pens need another guy like Orpik in their D, not to trade the only dman of that type...

Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:37 AM
Brent Burns
TROTZTROTZTROTZTROTZ

Loving some of the crazy proposals here. Weiss is a damn good player. The stats may not tell the whole story. Every time I see him on the ice he is hungry, dependable guy. I'm not a Panthers fan but I do enjoy watching them

Brent Burns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:29 AM
clumping platelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Burns View Post
Loving some of the crazy proposals here. Weiss is a damn good player. The stats may not tell the whole story. Every time I see him on the ice he is hungry, dependable guy. I'm not a Panthers fan but I do enjoy watching them
Exactly a type of player the Sabres need more of.......but as I stated, unless Florida wants draft picks/def prospects, doubt the Sabres could work a deal if he were to become available

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:44 AM
FrolikFan67

if the panthers are out of the playoff picture, and a team is willing to trade their 1st rounder in this years draft, personally, i would strongly consider it. id imagine chicago would have interest.

@mstad101

to my understanding he's look very good as of late. he started off so-so, i mean we're like the 3rd worst team in the league, but he seems to be doing awesome as of late. he's got a 2.7gaa and a .917 sv% but i think thats a bit misleading, hes had a few 40+ save wins and shutouts recently i believe. i try to catch all the game highlights for the rampage when theyre available but besides for that i havent followed that-that closely so i probably wouldnt be the best person to discuss him.

Last edited by FrolikFan67: 01-25-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old
01-25-2013, 03:47 AM
Steve Bennett*

Weiss for Ballard straight up... Come on MG do it...

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:47 AM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

Jose Theodore is so underrated. I know he's not a long-term plan, but I don't know how you can say he's not a decent starter right now.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:53 AM
Bleedred
Dainius Zubrus

I don't think Weiss is going anywhere right now. They need him in the lineup because they're struggling to get goals. Goaltending is absolutely not their problem right now. Theodore played great tonight, and the last game in Ottawa. I watched both of them. Even saw bits, and pieces of the Montreal game, and Clemmensen wasn't the problem. They've scored 2 goals in 3 games. They need Weiss, and Versteeg back.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:56 AM
FrolikFan67

we need weiss, versteeg, bergenhein, goc, and gudbranson back "not winnin for mackinnon"

Old
01-25-2013, 10:02 AM
IceManCat
A New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
I bet it's Weiss with the clap or a Herps outbreak. honestly for how much tail these guys get, they're bound to miss a few games die to stds. And lower body injury is a perfect cover up. My 8 cents.
considering these guys play with stitches I don't think a rash would do much harm in terms of hockey

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:09 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Tallon should get fired if the thought of trading Weiss for Luongo ever crosses his mind. Let alone actually making the trade. In that case he'd be barred from hockey altogether

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Exactly. A goalie is the last thing Florida needs right now. Mainly they need to stop having so many injuries.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Has Markstrom turned it around in SanAn after his poor start? I lost interest after it was quite clear the Panthers weren't really going make a big move for Lu, and to think Weiss would even be considered as a part of the deal is just wishful thinking. There is like literally no one ready to take his spot on the Panthers.
The knee surgeries Markstrom has had already would worry me personally, the guy is so young and to think that with his style, more knee surgey could derail his career completely.

If Weiss is dealt, which isn't likely at all IMHO, it'll be for a scoring prospect late in the season after every attempt has been made to re-sign the guy. If the Cats anti up Benn like contract, I could easily see him sticking around. He was a Cat draft pick and has come up through the ranks. If I made that type of money and lived in Florida for that long, I'd find it very hard to leave. Especially now be may have some reinforcements coming from some younger players.

Despite who the Cats have in the wings for the net, I could see them striking a deal in the summer if Lu is still in Van, though I have to admit it'll be the Cats taking us for ride to please Lui over taking crap returns else where. They've done us a solid with Sturm, And Hordi before, I think they'd hae no problem bringing Lui back on the cheap.
Markstrom is having a great season and was probably the best goalie in training camp from the reports. This Panthers fan isn't worried.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:58 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post

In the last month and a half Markstrom has a .925+ SV% he has been great after his first 3 weeks. Again Theodore is 36 probably has 2 more years in him perfect timing to give the starting role to Markstrom why would they want Lup at a cap hit of 5.333 for 5 years to be backup that makes no sense at all. Markstrom is nhl ready but Florida wanted to play it safe and give him the rest of the year getting as many starts as he can. After adjusting to north american hockey Markstrom has done as well in the ahl as Schneider did they are going to want to deal with the same problem that the Canucks have.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote