HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Yakupov or Tarasenko

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 09:41 AM
  #101
worraps
Acceptance
 
worraps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,670
vCash: 50
Tarasenko will be better over the next couple of seasons.

Long term, I'll take Yakupov's game breaking speed and world class shot.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:23 AM
  #102
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,956
vCash: 500
Tarasenko for me.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:01 PM
  #103
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!
 
TheKingSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 500
To me Tarasenko is like watching Hossa, whereas Nail is like watching Stamkos.

TheKingSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:12 PM
  #104
Yosemite Sam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingSlayer View Post
To me Tarasenko is like watching Hossa, whereas Nail is like watching Stamkos.
Good comparisons.

Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:16 PM
  #105
kp61c
Registered User
 
kp61c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 889
vCash: 500
pretty close, but yak for me, hes more consistent player

kp61c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:21 PM
  #106
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 3,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
pretty close, but yak for me, hes more consistent player
Hm, more consistent where? In CHL?

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:31 PM
  #107
Yosemite Sam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Hm, more consistent where? In CHL?
Yeah... that was a weird justification.

Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:33 PM
  #108
kp61c
Registered User
 
kp61c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Hm, more consistent where? In CHL?
its not matter of his playing history but of my perception of him. and i see yak as a better and more consistent player it in the future

kp61c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:40 PM
  #109
DuckJet
Road Rash
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 38,537
vCash: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by reavesthemaniac View Post
Tarasenko.

I'm a blues fan, so call me biased, but he brings energy that yak just doesnt have.
I agree with you on Tarasenko being the smarter pick, but Yak has no energy? Have you watched him play? Sometimes he has too much.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:38 PM
  #110
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reavesthemaniac View Post
Tarasenko.

I'm a blues fan, so call me biased, but he brings energy that yak just doesnt have.
Maybe more hockey sense or some other factors, but energy 100% goes to Yakupov, this guys cellys in practice even

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:40 PM
  #111
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingSlayer View Post
To me Tarasenko is like watching Hossa, whereas Nail is like watching Stamkos.
I can agree with this. Yakupov just has to learn to shoot more and where to go on the ice without the puck like Stammer does.

Krueger should force yakupov to watch 50 hours of Stamkos's shifts

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:01 AM
  #112
rocketpop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 283
vCash: 500
Tarasenko notched another one tonight. He came charging in on an offensive zone line change and beat Rinne after catching a slick pass from Steen. I love watching this kid play. Whats more impressive is that he's extremely good defensively, as well. Time will tell if he can keep it up and play consistently, but right now he's amazing to watch, and easily been the blues best, most dynamic forward.

rocketpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:14 AM
  #113
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man
 
rumrokh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I agree with you on Tarasenko being the smarter pick, but Yak has no energy? Have you watched him play? Sometimes he has too much.
I don't think he's saying Yakupov has NO energy, but that Tarasenko has more. I'll wait until they've established themselves more to make a judgement like that (and even then, I may think it's a weird comparison), but Tarasenko absolutely has a feistiness and explosiveness that can make many other players look sedate. Pretty much all I've seen of Yakupov so far is this year's WJC and I didn't see the same thing at all - but I'm the first one to dismiss a small sample size.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:21 AM
  #114
JS19
Four Kicks
 
JS19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Shark Tank
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
I would take Nailadimir Tarasenkupov AINEC.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:25 AM
  #115
JoeCool16
Registered User
 
JoeCool16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
I would take Nailadimir Tarasenkupov AINEC.
Ahh, finally the correct answer!

JoeCool16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:35 AM
  #116
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers
 
crazy Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,590
vCash: 500
Naildimir Yakusenko imo

no energy

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:37 AM
  #117
DuckJet
Road Rash
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 38,537
vCash: 577


Obviously someone like this needs to bring more energy. Look at him. All he did was glide. He's so lazy.

If you watched him playing for Sarnia you'd know that being feisty and playing with a lot of energy was a big part of Nail's game.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:43 AM
  #118
jarmoismyhero
Registered User
 
jarmoismyhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
what have you done for me lately

Remember how highly touted Yakupov was on these boards? Now his potential has already been defined.
You act as if Yak is being compared to a 24 year old undrafted free agent...Vlad has been highly touted since his draft year and he has done nothing but improve his stock since draft day...People thinking Vlad is going to be the better player is not slighting Yak even if he was picked first overall...Draft position is not everything and the only thing that kept Vlad from being picked much higher was the Russian factor...Couple that with what he has done in the KHL and look at the boards the last 2 years and you will see the kid came into the NHL with enourmous hype.

Man Yak fans sure are ultra sensative when another player who has been touted as having huge potential is being picked to be the better player. I think any Oiler fan who thought Yak would outperform Vlad this year was holding the kid to really high expectations ( though it may happen the smart money is on it not). To say 5 years from now he will be that is understandable but I will say either way it goes I do not see one being all that much better then the other.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:50 AM
  #119
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers
 
crazy Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
You act as if Yak is being compared to a 24 year old undrafted free agent...Vlad has been highly touted since his draft year and he has done nothing but improve his stock since draft day...People thinking Vlad is going to be the better player is not slighting Yak even if he was picked first overall...Draft position is not everything and the only thing that kept Vlad from being picked much higher was the Russian factor...Couple that with what he has done in the KHL and look at the boards the last 2 years and you will see the kid came into the NHL with enourmous hype.

Man Yak fans sure are ultra sensative when another player who has been touted as having huge potential is being picked to be the better player. I think any Oiler fan who thought Yak would outperform Vlad this year was holding the kid to really high expectations ( though it may happen the smart money is on it not). To say 5 years from now he will be that is understandable but I will say either way it goes I do not see one being all that much better then the other.
Huh, what are you talking about? Did I even mention Tarasenko?

Tarasenko and Schultz were my favourites for the Calder...

Do you think Tarasenko would get the same response in this thread if it was between him and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins when he was still playing in the KHL?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=974421

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:52 AM
  #120
Grub
First Line Troll
 
Grub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,305
vCash: 500
Yak.

Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:58 AM
  #121
Aucoin11*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Obviously someone like this needs to bring more energy. Look at him. All he did was glide. He's so lazy.

If you watched him playing for Sarnia you'd know that being feisty and playing with a lot of energy was a big part of Nail's game.
He spent more energy on the celly than he did skating hard all game. If you watched him on edmonton the last three games you'd know floating around and getting knocked off the puck easily has been a big part of his game.

Aucoin11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:01 AM
  #122
DuckJet
Road Rash
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 38,537
vCash: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin11 View Post
He spent more energy on the celly than he did skating hard all game. If you watched him on edmonton the last three games you'd know floating around and getting knocked off the puck easily has been a big part of his game.
Weird. It's almost like he's an 18 year old trying to break into the NHL. I suppose every 18 year old who busted into the league reached their potential upon arrival right?

I made a claim that there's precedent that suggests that when he's comfortable enough with a team he plays a high energy, high octane game. He's still the new guy right now.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:08 AM
  #123
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin11 View Post
He spent more energy on the celly than he did skating hard all game. If you watched him on edmonton the last three games you'd know floating around and getting knocked off the puck easily has been a big part of his game.
He could have had a hatrick tonight. He got absolutely robbed by Quick a couple times tonight. He definitely has his defensive warts so far though. I would in absolutely no way call it floating though. Over handling the puck and making decisions perhaps too quickly has more been his issue so far imo.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:10 AM
  #124
JetsAlternate
Registered User
 
JetsAlternate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,797
vCash: 500
Having carefully watched each of Nail's shifts this past week, I've noticed he has been improving gradually each time he steps on the ice. His first game against Vancouver was lackluster, and it seemed he was playing a very cautious game. He showed slightly more confidence against San Jose. Tonight, he carried the puck up the ice numerous times, generated a few very good scoring chances, and was very noticeable. He was robbed tonight on a breakaway attempt, blasted a few one timers on the rush and on the PP, and snapped a couple very quick wrist shots on goal. Quick played an outstanding game and was the reason Yakupov only scored once tonight.

This was his best game yet. Hopefully this trend continues.

JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:12 AM
  #125
DuckJet
Road Rash
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 38,537
vCash: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
He could have had a hatrick tonight. He got absolutely robbed by Quick a couple times tonight. He definitely has his defensive warts so far though. I would in absolutely no way call it floating though. Over handling the puck and making decisions perhaps too quickly has more been his issue so far imo.
Don't sweat it. If I called Nail a slug Aucoin would be going on about how fast he is and how wrong I am.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.