HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win again led by the Markov & Diaz duo

Old
01-25-2013, 01:02 AM
Habs Junkie

vCash: 500
This is Markov's team always has been. Too bad most "fans" suffer from amnesia..

When PK comes back, watch out!

Time to split up Cole/Pacioretty from Desharnais though. 3 bad games in a row now for the little guy. What's that expression again? NO EXCUSES!

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:13 AM
SB164

I'm always a bit amazed by Emelin's skating considering his size. He's so fluid out there and he makes excellent sharp turns. He's gotta be at least 225 right?

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:15 AM
ChoseLa

With PK back we have Eller, Nokia, Weber and (hopefuly) Kaberle waiting to get in the line-up, that's pretty solid depth. Too bad Leblanc is having a off season.

ChoseLa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:18 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I'm always a bit amazed by Emelin's skating considering his size. He's so fluid out there and he makes excellent sharp turns. He's gotta be at least 225 right?
6'2" 223 lbs

Old
01-25-2013, 01:20 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
With PK back we have Eller, Nokia, Weber and (hopefuly) Kaberle waiting to get in the line-up, that's pretty solid depth. Too bad Leblanc is having a off season.
Let Leblanc stay in the AHL and learn to play top line duty. Injuries will happen. He should be ready to fit right in

Old
01-25-2013, 01:25 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Not many Russians or former SSR players who are not fabulous skaters. A matter of a cultural coaching philosophy I imagine.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Habskrieg

2nd line still working hard, creating chances and scoring.
Markov+Diaz is still as great. Markov... what a beast. We missed this guy.
1st line wasn't great, again. But they're slowly shaking off the rust. Their play is improving.
The Gals line is doing pretty well. Some nice moments for our rookies. Tonight was better for Gallagher, imo.
4th line has been defending us very well.
Price, being stellar as usual.

Kaberle... Easily the worst tonight, also probably the only one being terrible.

Game was a bit shaky in the first after a few minutes. But we held trough, showed character, and came back stronger. Compared to last year, there seems like a definite improvement. No sitting on leads, no backing down, and keeping up high tempo lead us to win this game, just like the last one.

So far so good.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:43 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
This is Markov's team always has been. Too bad most "fans" suffer from amnesia..

Time to split up Cole/Pacioretty from Desharnais though. 3 bad games in a row now for the little guy. What's that expression again? NO EXCUSES!
More like give DD and Patches a winger who wants to play hockey.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:46 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:

I'd like to run the following:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Gallagher-Desharnais-Prust
Moen-White-Armstrong

If Eller steps back in. Scratch White or Desharnais.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:01 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
I'd like to run the following:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Gallagher-Desharnais-Prust
Moen-White-Armstrong

If Eller steps back in. Scratch White or Desharnais.
Therrien did say he wants to try Galchenyuk everywhere so I don't see anything wrong with this. If Desharnais soft play continues though, Eller should be given a shot. Personally I would of put Plecanek in between Cole and Paches from the get go but Pleks line seems to be clicking so you can't touch it.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:02 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Because it is awesome.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:05 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
More like give DD and Patches a winger who wants to play hockey.
Nice try bro but your song is getting overplayed. I know you are the ultimate DD fan boy, but for one second take off your homer glasses and look what's best for the team. Stop trying to blame everyone else. He sucks so far, get over it!

A line will go as far as the center takes it.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:11 AM
Kovatar

Cole will get it together. First, remember he had a very slow start last season and it took about 15 games for him to really get going. Second, unlike many of his teammates, he hasn't played since April, and for an older guy it takes a bit longer to get into game shape. So as Price would say, chill out.

Kovatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:19 AM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Because it is awesome.

Have the Feds arrested Doug Armstrong yet for stealing Kevin Shattenkirk away from the Avs? Jee-sus.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:43 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Nice try bro but your song is getting overplayed. I know you are the ultimate DD fan boy, but for one second take off your homer glasses and look what's best for the team. Stop trying to blame everyone else. He sucks so far, get over it!

A line will go as far as the center takes it.
Lol, nice one.

The general consensus was that DD was the best (of the worst) in the first two games. Patches was better tonight, Cole still sucked.

PS. Desharnais isn't even my favourite on the team.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:48 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Lol, nice one.

The general consensus was that DD was the best (of the worst) in the first two games. Patches was better tonight, Cole still sucked.

Desharnais being the best of the worst? Who's on that worst list, you got me curious

Edit: I'm guessing you're going to say Kaberle and White. And then I'll respond: you're comparing Desharnais to a 4th liner and 6th defenceman?

There, just saved you some time

Old
01-25-2013, 02:50 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Lol, nice one.

Pacioretty has gotten better every game (his **** is still off) DD and Cole aren't improving. You could be right about big ice throwing off his timing but on the other hand it is concerning that he's the only Hab who played overseas who hasn't entered the season with momentum. He's trying harder than Cole, I agree and no player is pissing me off more than Cole right now, but Cole has a history of this only to pick it up. The track record with Cole is longer than with others.

There's absolutely no reason to write off anyone at this point (except maybe Boullion and Kaberle), but the problem with DD is when his timing is off like this he really can't lead a top line. At least when say, Eller the cancer is not getting anything done on offense, he plays good defense (one reason Therrien's hate is confusing to me). I'm more interested in seeing that line broken up than DD dropped yet, if anyone is dropped to give Eller a chance it should probably be someone like Armstrong.

Also, Galchenyuk didn't really do much today.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:44 AM
OneSharpMarble

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Gallagher - Galchenyuk - Bourque
Desharnais - Eller - Cole
Moen - White - Armstrong/Prust

This is what I want to see.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:44 AM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Lol, nice one.

Our game before washington, DD was easily the worst player on the ice imo. Turn overs in the o-zone, fanned on passes, missed patches completely and out of the zone on the pp. He was atrocious.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:42 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Seriously my mancrush for Markov and Diaz is unhealthy. I may need to take a game or two off to stay straight.
tell me about it.

i moved to china in 2000, internet sucked - still does - and besides, streams didn't exist back then anyways and when they did, they didn't work... only started following hockey again when i found a working stream (Exou's). that was 3 weeks before the start of the 2009 playoffs.

you're all welcome.

anyways, all this just to say that i have missed markov's prime and seeing him play like this is all news to me. but here goes: **** me, he's good...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:48 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I would not touch the desharnais line right now. We should be thankful that gionta is healthy, and that his presence along with a motivated bourque has given the team some secondary scoring and a stronger set of options for plekanec. We should also be thankful that the PP is off to a roaring start. This buys the 2.5 men some time to get back into sync.

Also keep in mind that this trio has not exactly been a liability either, despite their slow start. I don't buy the arguments of desharnais is crap or cole doesn't care. There is nothing wrong with their effort, but the execution and timing is off... that will come back.

Anyways, I'd be very hesitant to tinker with the other lines right now. Why on earth would we do that when the team is averaging 3 goals per game to start?

As for the game, I think the habs took advantage of a fragile capitals team. Once the habs got 2 goals on them, they just caved in. There is something very wrong with that team. The goal by gionta is a perfect example of what is going on with them. How can a guy just walk right in front of the net with no caps player on the radar?

What can you say about Price? He has been masking alot of deficiencies on our defensive side and the PK. That's exactly the kind of goaltending this team needs.

Credit to the habs. All they can do is take advantage of these teams... whether its a disinterested/tired florida team or a fragile capitals team.

Last edited by Hackett: 01-25-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:52 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
tell me about it.

i moved to china in 2000, internet sucked - still does - and besides, streams didn't exist back then anyways and when they did, they didn't work... only started following hockey again when i found a working stream (Exou's). that was 3 weeks before the start of the 2009 playoffs.

you're all welcome.

anyways, all this just to say that i have missed markov's prime and seeing him play like this is all news to me. but here goes: **** me, he's good...
hahaa. Amazing. I got to see him in his prime and couldn't stand the people who didn't seem to remember how good he was and didn't understand that he plays a cerebral game that he could still pull off even if his skating wasn't what it used to be. I might be wrong but his skating seems to be back pretty close to normal. Close enough.

Saying all that, I think I forgot how good he was! hahaha. Poor man's Lidstrom always bothered me because I didn't like the idea of Markov being a poor man's anyone even one of the best D ever but I guess it's pretty apt. Poor's a bad word though.

As long as he's healthy he's an absolute force. His style of play can ensure him playing for longer than most think. Just pray he doesn't get hurt.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:09 AM
Tuggy

Excellent game once again. Great effort all around and complete team effort. This team is really doing whatever it takes to win and that IMO is the most important thing.

So scary to think that Price isn't even in his prime yet (I don't think).

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
http://tvasports.ca/videos/video-gal...CY35N0.twitter

haha

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:25 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Desharnais being the best of the worst? Who's on that worst list, you got me curious

Edit: I'm guessing you're going to say Kaberle and White. And then I'll respond: you're comparing Desharnais to a 4th liner and 6th defenceman?

There, just saved you some time
If you're going to be irrational, there's no point in debating. It's quite obvious I meant the "first line."