HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Around the NHL. Game On!!!! (RoR Offersheeted by Calgary, Avs Match)

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 11:48 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

vCash: 500
Kassian makes Kipper look like a bar leaguer with a forehand backhand deke. And it's the shootout winner.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:50 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Kassian makes Kipper look like a bar leaguer with a forehand backhand deke. And it's the shootout winner.
Nice shot!

Old
01-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

That move by Kassian.... hot damn, he may be something special yet!

Old
01-23-2013, 11:53 PM
pahlsson

vCash: 50
haha it's a shame canucks fans aren't as supportive of hodgson as you guys are of kassian, still hope the trade works out for both teams

Old
01-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
haha it's a shame canucks fans aren't as supportive of hodgson as you guys are of kassian, still hope the trade works out for both teams
I've noticed that.... It's weird. I don't see how it can't possibly work out for both teams, so why can't everyone just be happy?

Old
01-24-2013, 12:00 AM
jfb392

Dunno where the NHL 13 thread went so I'll put it here: they finally added Girgensons in a roster update tonight.
However, they still managed to screw up, as they left him as "Undrafted", so you'll have to sign him immediately if you do a Be A GM.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:01 AM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Holy ****, this Rangers-Bruins game is good. WOW.
I'm never going to be able to see Stu Bickel in a game and not think of the HFBoards Photoshop Thread from last year's playoff.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Can't we all just be happy!.

Hodgson and kassian both have been studs so far.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:05 AM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Can't we all just be happy!.

Hodgson and kassian both have been studs so far.
Agreed. I'm rooting for Kassian to do well; there's no reason for Sabres fans to have animosity toward him. Here's hoping he and Hodgson keep progressing.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:38 AM
Taco Fingerhat

vCash: 3754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
I've noticed that.... It's weird. I don't see how it can't possibly work out for both teams, so why can't everyone just be happy?
I'm sorry to say that I'm one of the Buffalo loving Hodgson haters. We got so carried away with anointing Hodgson as the next Linden, and then we get our hearts torn out when we hear he requests a trade. It was both depressing and infuriating for a franchise that sorely needed a blue chip prospect to rally around. So we traded our blue chipper for a player with consistency issues. It felt like a massive downgrade. I can't let my disdain for Hodgson go. I wish I could. On the flip side, Kassian was just a victim of a teams positional need for a centre, so he was traded. Buffalo was essentially given an offer they couldn't refuse. He didn't burn your city the way Hodgson did for us.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:56 AM
ProstheticConscience
I see an eagle

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Fingerhat View Post
I'm sorry to say that I'm one of the Buffalo loving Hodgson haters. We got so carried away with anointing Hodgson as the next Linden, and then we get our hearts torn out when we hear he requests a trade. It was both depressing and infuriating for a franchise that sorely needed a blue chip prospect to rally around. So we traded our blue chipper for a player with consistency issues. It felt like a massive downgrade. I can't let my disdain for Hodgson go. I wish I could. On the flip side, Kassian was just a victim of a teams positional need for a centre, so he was traded. Buffalo was essentially given an offer they couldn't refuse. He didn't burn your city the way Hodgson did for us.
"Burn your city"...yeah, I'd stay away from that metaphor, personally.

------------------------------------------------

Canucks fan wishing Hodgson all the best with the Sabres and also loving the hell out of Kassian tonight.

I'll rely on Sabres fans' judgment if they say Foligno made Kassian obsolete; don't see enough Sabres games to have seen it personally. Been trying to with the free Centre Ice Preview that's going on now, though.

Old
01-24-2013, 06:34 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
"Burn your city"...yeah, I'd stay away from that metaphor, personally.

------------------------------------------------

Canucks fan wishing Hodgson all the best with the Sabres and also loving the hell out of Kassian tonight.

I'll rely on Sabres fans' judgment if they say Foligno made Kassian obsolete; don't see enough Sabres games to have seen it personally. Been trying to with the free Centre Ice Preview that's going on now, though.
He didn't make him obsolete, we just needed a center BADLY as opposed to another power forward, I would've loved Kassian on this team still but we needed a skilled center and Hodgson is doing that just fine so far. I mean, could you imagine Foligno and Kassian on the same line?? Good lord.

It looks good for both teams so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Fingerhat View Post
Yeah, I can understand that.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

I know it is very early in the season (although be it a short season so things matter much quicker) but seeing Philly at 0-3 and having only scored 3 goals in those 3 games brings a childlike grin to my face.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Dunno where the NHL 13 thread went so I'll put it here: they finally added Girgensons in a roster update tonight.
However, they still managed to screw up, as they left him as "Undrafted", so you'll have to sign him immediately if you do a Be A GM.
Update came out last night? Sweet. I last was on between intermissions of the Bruins-Rangers game and there wasn't one yet. Now I'll FINALLY do a Be A GM.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Something clicked with Kassian, he looks like a brand new player this year. Or maybe he's just comfortable. Anyways - the way he's playing so far cushions the blow of losing Hodgson a little.
He needs to be played with talent imo, wasted on a third line. Who is to say if his consistency issues stick throughout his career or not, but they're far less likely to stick and/or be notable if he's playing with talent like the Sedins. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays there even when the team's healthy.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Jamie Benn re-signs for 5 years/5.25 per. How the hell did Leino get 6 years/4.5 from us?

Old
01-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
Jamie Benn re-signs for 5 years/5.25 per. How the hell did Leino get 6 years/4.5 from us?
RFA vs an UFA...the UFA always comes out on top in a bidding war especially since no one really tenders offers to the RFA.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
RFA vs an UFA...the UFA always comes out on top in a bidding war especially since no one really tenders offers to the RFA.
That is true, I believe his contract is about the same as Lupul's and clearly Benn has more value than him.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:01 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Flyers get their first win

Old
01-24-2013, 10:11 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

The Oilers are outplaying the Kings by a good margin, Kings just aren't fast or skilled enough to keep up. Thankfully for the Kings, Quick has brought his A-game.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:09 AM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Crazy comeback from teh Sharks, down 3-1 in the 3rd now lead 4-3

Old
01-25-2013, 12:11 AM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
the finish in the EDM-LA game was ridiculous

Old
01-25-2013, 12:15 AM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

The Sharks don't get a lot of hype anymore, but their team is still stacked..

Old
01-25-2013, 12:44 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
the finish in the EDM-LA game was ridiculous
Terrible call on the disallowed goal considering they had ample video review.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:04 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
The Sharks don't get a lot of hype anymore, but their team is still stacked..
The ending to the SJ/PHX game was ****ING GREAT. Fast, end-to-end, big saves, lots of chances...

The Sharks and the Blackhawks look to be the two best teams that I've seen in the first five days, and I've choked down a ******** of hockey, abusing the Center Ice replays late in the night.

San Jose goes about 23 deep on offense. Thornton and Marleau are on another level these first three games, the last two in particular have scared me. Pavelski, Couture, Clowe, healthy Havlat, Galiardi... I dig. Boyle and Burns...

Kane and Hossa both look refreshed and dominant for CHI. Toews, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Bolland, Stalberg, Frolik, Kruger, Leddy, Hammer.... deep on O and D

Niemi and Crawford remain the question marks for SJ and CHI respectively. If they hold up, both could run deep again.

Last edited by jBuds: 01-25-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Closed Thread