HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Edmonton robbedemption

Old
01-25-2013, 12:59 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
It wasn't just the third game of the season for Oilers fans, it was the third game of the season after having three #1 picks in a row. They've gotten sick of all the losing and rightfully so.
This. Exactly. And there was a tonne of pent up frustration in that building tonight especially after the 6 spot the Sharks put up on them last game.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

vCash: 50
Quote:
It wasn't just the third game of the season for Oilers fans, it was the third game of the season after having three #1 picks in a row. They've gotten sick of all the losing and rightfully so.
Bingo bango.

But also, if you watched the game, you would have thrown your drink as well. The officiating was terrible for both sides. Bogus calls all night. I don't like people who throw **** as it wastes my time, and is pretty lame in general, but I guarantee that 1/3 people on this forum would have thrown their cat if given the chance at these refs. They were horrendous.

ohheyhemsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
A pathetic attempt to hand the game to the beloved "champs".

So fitting of a finish after that absolutely ridiculous call. Yakupov told them!
So the refs just made that call because the kings are the defending champs the refs waived off the goal? It was a bad call we get it but Jesus ****ing Christ the Oilers still won the game!

Nose of Sutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Good to see the usual suspect is out full force.

Tad McMikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Section337

What a gong show of a game to attend, that's why I didn't boycott.

Also, don't take this as support for the refs, but take away the what the hell moments they displayed and you were still left with players on both teams taking more obvious knucklehead penalties than you often see in 2 or 3 games combined.

Section337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence View Post
this isn't the first time edmonton has hyped up their team, and over-reacted at the start of the season. remember that hot streak last year?
It's a good thing we celebrated those early wins last year then isn't it? I mean we didn't have too many after that.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:01 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
So because their team tanked they are justified in throwing crap on the ice & at the opposing coach?

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:02 AM
Oil Gauge
5+14+6+1=97

Quote:
this isn't the first time edmonton has hyped up their team, and over-reacted at the start of the season. remember that hot streak last year?
The people over hyping the Oilers aren't in Edmonton. Its the media outside of edmonton that has them finishing 3rd in the west, or the best Canadian team.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
So because their team tanked they are justified in throwing crap on the ice & at the opposing coach?
Uh, no. It might of been because of the **** officiating.

I stress that a dumb minority does not equal all. You seem to have a bit of trouble separating that.

Old
BCShark

yakopov is a tool

BCShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:04 AM
JetsAlternate

Quote:
i really don't understand why the fans were throwing trash on the ice and on darryl sutter as well. it was only the third game of the season, sheesh
Edmonton has been under a shroud of darkness since the end of the 2006 Stanley Cup Finals. Every game means something to them now, and it seemed the refs had done the unthinkable by disallowing the apparent tying goal.

The officiating had been questionable all game, and the frustration of the fans was unleashed when the referees changed their mind about the goal's legitimacy. Oilers fans within the arena became united in fury, adrenaline pumping. When Nail came through with the dramatic tying goal in the dying seconds, all of the emotion the team and fans had gone through suddenly morphed into feelings of elation and redemption of the highest kind. A tremendous weight had been lifted off the shoulders of everyone.

What a tremendous finish.

JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post
The people over hyping the Oilers aren't in Edmonton. Its the media outside of edmonton that has them finishing 3rd in the west, or the best Canadian team.
Don't bother explaining that. It's the same guy that piles on the oilers every chance he grts

Old
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post

I stress that a dumb minority does not equal all. You seem to have a bit of trouble separating that.
Just going with his excuses....

Funny the 2nd bold is stressed by many but when its their chance to jump on a fan base based on what a minority says they take it. Sure using other people's standards isn't the greatest but thats what happen here.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:06 AM
DyerMaker66

Quote:

You've got to learn, bro:

- If you're happy about something act like you've been there before, regardless of whether or not you actually have

- If fans are upset about something, they shouldn't show or voice their displeasure: Posting on a message board is the real way to do it

-If a ref makes a bad call it's not their fault your team didn't score at a different point in time too, so please don't criticize them

DyerMaker66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:06 AM
DatsyukNumberOne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobga View Post
Yeah. that was the first missed call of the night

Well, I didn't watch the game..but the highlight clearly shows Gagner getting away with an obvious cross check right in front of the crease. It's not like they were battling for position either, he came from behind and cross checked the Kings player.

I just find this funny, because it was really the Kings that got robbed in that sequence..they should have been given a powerplay and would have won the game.

The evidence shows it was the Kings getting screwed by the refs here.

DatsyukNumberOne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:08 AM
Angelus*
Smile Time!

Quote:
Or realizing that it also applies to himself

Angelus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:09 AM
Oil Gauge
5+14+6+1=97

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukNumberOne View Post
Well, I didn't watch the game..but the highlight clearly shows Gagner getting away with an obvious cross check right in front of the crease. It's not like they were battling for position either, he came from behind and cross checked the Kings player.

I just find this funny, because it was really the Kings that got robbed in that sequence..they should have been given a powerplay and would have won the game.

If you watch the whole game you will see a number of questionable calls that went the Kings way. Not to mention that the only reason Gagner was close to quick was because he was interfered with and pushed into Quick.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:11 AM
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 View Post
You've got to learn, bro:

- If you're happy about something act like you've been there before, regardless of whether or not you actually have

- If fans are upset about something, they shouldn't show voice their displeasure: Posting on a message board is the real way to do it

-If a ref makes a bad call it's not their fault your team didn't score at a different point in time too, so please don't criticize them
Hey bro, I can't tell if you're serious or not so here goes it

You think that was a well officiated game both ways? Honest question.

You see that was a goal, and because of a bad call, it could of changed the outcome of the game. So yes, the refs should absolutely be at fault.

If fans are upset posting on a message board is your solution? Really? Wow. Everyone should just do that. I'm not saying throwing stuff on the ice was right, but fans can voice their opinion any way they want.

Even the players and coaches are blaming that joke of refereeing. Are they in the wrong too?

Old
01-25-2013, 01:11 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
24 Years of Fail

Quote:

I don't think they're overhyping their team, they just don't expect them to be a doormat for the 4th year in a row. Who the hell would after drafting Eberle, Hall, RNH, and Yak in consecutive drafts (Not to mention signing Schultz)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post

Never said they were justified, I'm saying that in the eyes of their fans it's not just "the third game of the season".

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:13 AM
awesomo
HARD!

did everyone forget this is a freaking sprint? every game is important.

and tahts for everybody in this league. in such a short season, lots of surprises can occur. get in front and hope to stay there.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:13 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

The crappy thing is, they could win the next three games or at least take 5 points of the next six just because they are on hot streak. at that point, the collective head of the Oiler fans will have grown so large that it will consume all other teams in their division subforum by proxy.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I could definitely see it happening at which point, San Jose will put them in their place.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:14 AM
oilersrule14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukNumberOne View Post

That's so true, didn't notice it at the game, but they managed to screw up twice on that play, eh? They were abysmal consistently throughout the game tonight. I'm just glad we came away with the two points, amazingly emotional night.

oilersrule14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:15 AM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
It's kinda funny how people are stressing about the people throwing stuff on the ice and such. When they showed the guys in the timekeepers booth, who actually got nailed with a majority of the crap, were actually laughing about it.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
@TheoFleury14: @muska971 my name is Theo Fleury and I approve that celly.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DyerMaker66

Quote:
Hey bro,

You think that was a well officiated game both ways? Honest question.

You see that was a goal, and because of a bad call, it could of changed the outcome of the game. So yes, the refs should absolutely be at fault.
1) I don't.
2) "Dat's da point."

Quote:
If fans are upset posting on a message board is your solution? Really? Wow. Everyone should just do that. I'm not saying throwing stuff on the ice was right, but fans can voice their opinion any way they want.
Again, no, and that was the point. We agree here(sort of).

Quote:
Even the players and coaches are blaming that joke of refereeing. Are they in the wrong too?
No, they are correct and I agree with them.

DyerMaker66 is online now   Reply With Quote