HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zucarello

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 01:21 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Zucarello

Bring the hobbit back.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:27 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

You know what I've realized?

When I hear the name Zuccarello now, I think to myself "I hate that little scrub from Norway and never want to hear his name again". And the reason is because of these boards. Not because of anything Zucc did. I don't hate him. I wanted him to succeed. Because I'm so sick of people talking about this fringe talent like it's going to somehow be the magic bean that grows our team into a Cup contender. SO tired of it.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:39 AM
MTrangers

Especially if they don't plan on having Kreider playing he has a spot. Hell, he works much better in the 3rd line spot than Kreids. Without zucc I really think we need Kreider playing regardless or what we may want for his development.

And I will give you two more words.
Power play.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:41 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post

When I hear the name Zuccarello now, I think to myself "I hate that little scrub from Norway and never want to hear his name again". And the reason is because of these boards. Not because of anything Zucc did. I don't hate him. I wanted him to succeed. Because I'm so sick of people talking about this fringe talent like it's going to somehow be the magic bean that grows our team into a Cup contender. SO tired of it.
Actually, despite never living up to much hype, Zuccarrello was a big part of our push late last season. Incredibly enough, he made our power play much more dangerous too and seemed to have figured out all of the defensive requirements that got him sent out of here in the first place. It was incredibly unfortunate that he broke his forearm because he was actually very effective for us.

This team is in need of severe power play help and creativity OUTSIDE the first line. That's my reasoning behind this post and ultimate desire to see him back on this team again.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:48 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

If Bickel can get a spot, there's room for zuc...

btw; after seeing Yakupov's celebration of his OT goal and how he ran away from his team mates and celebrated alone while sliding on the ice, I kept thinking of zuc's celebration on his OT goal, where he ran towards all the players and the bench..THAT's called team player..

Old
01-25-2013, 02:00 AM
Zuuuuc

It wouldn't be the worst idea. Last year he had a hard time cracking the line up because we didn't have any space in the top 6 and Zucc is not a bottom 6 player. This year we have a gaping hole in our top 6.
I know the Nash Richards Gaborik line has the potential to be beastly but then we wouldn't have consistent secondary scoring. If we were able to bring him back from Russia we could run a Nash Richards Callahan, Zucc Stepan Gaborik top 6. Plus we could play Zucc on the point on the PP and let Richards Nash and Gaborik work the front. Nash and Callahan would probably work nicely because Nash brings the puck to the front and draws defenders to him, Callahan can grab rebounds or be in position for passes from Nash. Zucc could get Gaborik the puck and thus spread out the scoring to two lines, with our secondary scoring on line 3 with Pyatt Boyle Hagelin. Of course, this would mean Kreider has to get sent down for more seasoning, which wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm not sure how it would work, but is it not possible to loan Kreider to another AHL team (maybe someone can give me clarification on this one) because the Whale don't seem to have enough skill guys to help Kreider develop

Old
01-25-2013, 02:12 AM
YetAnotherNorwegian

Quote:

This.

And I am Norwegian!

Old
01-25-2013, 02:55 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
If Bickel can get a spot, there's room for zuc...

btw; after seeing Yakupov's celebration of his OT goal and how he ran away from his team mates and celebrated alone while sliding on the ice, I kept thinking of zuc's celebration on his OT goal, where he ran towards all the players and the bench..THAT's called team player..
I agree.

But as far as I know Zuke is unavailable for the Rangers until his season with Mag ends?

But he could definetely contribute in the PP.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:09 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

... is not the solution to our problems.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:27 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
... is not the solution to our problems.
Then what is?

Old
01-25-2013, 03:49 AM
tomcatNYR

One great pass on the PP isn't going to save this team (and the PP).

Old
01-25-2013, 03:53 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

our players giving a s**t? I honestly don't know, if I would, I'd probably coach a hockey team.
Seriously, I liked Zuccarello, still do for Magnitka.
But a) it's not exactly as if he had been the 2nd coming of Messiah during his stint here. He was a 0.5 PPG player, who had a lot of hype around him. And b) I don't know where we would put him in our lineup. Top 6 looks solid as it is. Bottom 6 is designed to be big and mean. We could use some speed there, and as far as I remember, Zucc wasn't exactly the speediest guy.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:22 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherNorwegian View Post
This.

And I am Norwegian!
+1
He is in Russia. Leave him there and forget about him this year.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:49 AM
TigerJack

First of all; Zuke does not have a contract with the Rangers. They only have his rights if he decides to return to the NHL. He will have to sign a contract, but do not have to go through waivers.

Second; He has an NHL clause in his contract with Magnitogorsk, but this clause is not in effect until the end of the KHL season.

End of the KHL season depends on how far the go in the cup. At the earliest around march 10th. At the leatest late April.....

Old
01-25-2013, 06:11 AM
Placid

Quote:

yeah, im at the point where i cringe when i see a thread topic with his name, because its going to bring out the same old love/hate posts. If he had been a Ranger, then fair enough, but he isnt any longer.

Focus on the players that are on the roster

Old
01-25-2013, 06:26 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

if kreider stays in the minors zuke would fit on the 2nd or 1st line w/ hagelin demoted... 2 grinders(cally/pyatt) in our top six does not work and we could use speed(hagelin) in the bottom six.

but the point is mute because zuke won't be avail til after his season and by then it'll be too late and kreider or hags will have filled the position

nash/stepan/zuke
pyatt/richards/gaborik
hagelin/boyle/callahan
rupp/halpern/asham

Old
01-25-2013, 06:44 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Zuccarello is in the middle of his KHL season.

We have a thread on him: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1251639

It's just pain.
Closed Thread