HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Edmonton robbedemption

Old
01-25-2013, 02:06 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
Seriously, just about every team has had one in its history... Luuuuuuuuuuuke for the Kings... Boooooooooosh for the Flyers and Sharks... Lol at him thinking Luuuuuu is the original.
Bruuuuuuuuuce from Cardinals fans in the 80s for Bruce Sutter - perfecter of the split finger fast ball.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:08 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
For whatever reason, Bob Miller's call on FOX Sports Kings doesn't do the goal justice. He's still a very good announcer, but he doesn't have the same enthusiasm he used to have. Even as the Kings' regional announcer, he used to elevate his voice, regardless of which team, whenever a dramatic goal was scored. Having watched the game on TSN, it seemed that much more exciting with Chris Cuthbert calling the game. There's also a greater emphasis on the excitement of the crowd. Hopefully that becomes the definitive version of the highlight.
Perhaps because it was game three of the regular season? I mean come on, I'm not trying to take anything away from the Oilers win here, but geeze

As for the call, they ruled it a goal originally, so it should have stayed that way. Refs and both teams PP's made that game a gong show.

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:13 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
this happens all the time. I realize that edmonton fans wont be happy with that explanation.

No one wants to see goals scored off goalie interference. It is the attacking player's responsibility to not interfere. This is how it's been called since 2005.

01-25-2013, 02:14 AM
JetsAlternate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Perhaps because it was game three of the regular season? I mean come on, I'm not trying to take anything away from the Oilers win here, but geeze

As for the call, they ruled it a goal originally, so it should have stayed that way. Refs and both teams PP's made that game a gong show.
I think the circumstances of the situation elevated the impact of the goal. The crowd was furious, and when the team tied it in the dying seconds of the game, all of that adrenaline channeled itself into a euphoric feeling of elation and excitement.

All of the emotions running through the team and the fans played a huge role in the excitement of the goal. The building's rage became a feeling of enormous retribution. It just seemed electric in that building.

It certainly was Game 3 of the regular season, but there's no reason the regular season can't be exciting. Oilers fans finally see a glimmer of hope in their franchise after so many years of despair. The stakes are high for them, and wins right now are needed if they wish to challenge for a position in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Sometimes, regular season events unite a fanbase against a common enemy. The officiating throughout the match was questionable for both teams, and the disallowed goal was simply unacceptable to Oilers fans. The moment that goal was called back, the entire crowd beamed down at those referees with such raw fury. We've seen crowds become alive whenever an unjust event occurs. This was no exception.

Last edited by JetsAlternate: 01-25-2013 at 02:33 AM.
JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:15 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
Bruuuuuuuuuce from Cardinals fans in the 80s for Bruce Sutter - perfecter of the split finger fast ball.
The "Luu" chant that many Vancouver fans currently uses started with the introduction and subsequent success of a young field-goal kicker by the name of Lui Passaglia, a true hometown boy in every since of the word. Drafted in the First Round of the 1976 CFL Draft out of SFU, Passaglia helped lead the Lions to Grey Cups in 1985, 1994, and 2000. He is the CFL's all-time leading scorer and retired in 2000 after winning the Grey Cup.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:15 AM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
this happens all the time. I realize that edmonton fans wont be happy with that explanation.

No one wants to see goals scored off goalie interference. It is the attacking player's responsibility to not interfere. This is how it's been called since 2005.
It's the fact it was signaled a goal by the closest ref and then waived off after an on ice conference. Also he was pushed into the goalie, so I guess now you just have to push the opposing player into the crease to negate any goal.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:18 AM
judge301

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
I think the circumstances of the situation elevated the impact of the goal. The crowd was furious, and when the team tied it in the dying seconds of the game, all of that adrenaline channeled itself into a euphoric feeling of elation.
Thats what happens to most of us about five minutes before our wives get to the same point isn't it???

judge301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:26 AM
Ice Whole

Was at that game tonight and honestly, the refs brought Oilers fans to that point. I personally didn't throw anything but I dont blame the fans for doing it. The reffing was just brutal. The dumbest calls were made, they missed obvious penalties (on both sides) and the Gagner call was pathetic. However, probably the most fun I have ever had at a game haha. Going from chanting bull****, to refs you suck and then having Yakupov score to tie the game after having Nuge's goal being disallowed made it an unforgettable moment for all of us that were there and for Oilers fans watching it at home. Hopefully never see those refs again but wow, great game and the atmosphere at rexall was the best I've ever seen since the playoffs.

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:30 AM
vespa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Moleman View Post
I personally think tea should be served after every goal so that every celebration can be done in a dignified manner.
Only if the tea is lukewarm. Hot or cold would be too dramatic

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:40 AM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
So because their team tanked they are justified in throwing crap on the ice & at the opposing coach?
You act like this is first time anyone has ever tossed litter onto the ice

Do you not forget your Canucks fans rioting in the streets?!?! Nice try though bud

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:40 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic Duo 934 View Post
Was at that game tonight and honestly, the refs brought Oilers fans to that point. I personally didn't throw anything but I dont blame the fans for doing it. The reffing was just brutal. The dumbest calls were made, they missed obvious penalties (on both sides) and the Gagner call was pathetic. However, probably the most fun I have ever had at a game haha. Going from chanting bull****, to refs you suck and then having Yakupov score to tie the game after having Nuge's goal being disallowed made it an unforgettable moment for all of us that were there and for Oilers fans watching it at home. Hopefully never see those refs again but wow, great game and the atmosphere at rexall was the best I've ever seen since the playoffs.
How in the world did you sit through the first 55+ minutes of that game? Watching it at home it felt like twelve hours of torture.

Oh, and I officially hate the term "celly"

Old
01-25-2013, 02:43 AM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
They are ******** because they disagree with you? Ok.

I myself feel the correct call was made.
1. The referee has every right to deliberate with the other officials and overturn the original call. They did not review the play.
2. Gagner (whether intentional or not) prevented Quick from having the opportunity to make the save.
Uh no? They are ******** because they lost the game and are saying that Gagner "ran him over" when he was actually caught in his pad and quick twisted so he couldnt get out.

EDIT: Actually no, not even Kings fans, just a couple of Oilers haters that cant give up the fact that it was a bad call.

Last edited by Pekka Rinne: 01-25-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Old
01-25-2013, 02:45 AM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETRYDISH View Post
Actually most kings fans I've seen are acting pretty classy and realistic about this game. If some are upset well it happens. We all have fans who see things different and act a little out of the norm, just ask a leafs fan about bad eggs.
Haha yeah, I made that post after about the first 8 pages, and they were at the time, they have been fairly good though

Old
01-25-2013, 02:48 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post

I understand but there's few things that were a little different.

1) Gagner was pushed into Quick by Scuderi. He doesn't skate right in front of Quick on his own.
2) Quick was turning so it wasn't possible for Gagner to escape. Gagner did end up interfering with Quick but he was put there by Scuderi and Quick's actions prevented him from escaping.
3) They ruled it a goal and had an on-ice conference only after Quick complained. From my understanding, that's not reviewable. There was no whistle on the play so it doesn't make sense that it would be called back after the closest ref called it a goal.
4) It wasn't ruled goaltender interference.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:48 AM
Ice Whole

Quote:
How in the world did you sit through the first 55+ minutes of that game? Watching it at home it felt like twelve hours of torture.

Oh it was, the reffing was just ridiculous but it was fun at the same time with a lot of people making fun of them about it. The last 5 minutes of the game + overtime made it worth it for Oilers fans.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:49 AM
TheSpaceman

Quote:

TheSpaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:50 AM
TheAngryHank
Expert

Quote:

I will refer to my phone as a mobile from now on.
24 pages and not one Yak-attac ? disappointing.

TheAngryHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:51 AM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Yakupov's celebration didn't bother me. In fact, I wanted him to do it right in front of the LA bench... maybe that could've lit a fire under their butts cause nothing else seems to.

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:54 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskysGoodShoulder View Post
What in the world is this for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic Duo 934 View Post
Oh it was, the reffing was just ridiculous but it was fun at the same time with a lot of people making fun of them about it. The last 5 minutes of the game + overtime made it worth it for Oilers fans.
Well, congrats on the win. Hopefully both our teams make large strides from what we showed on the ice last night

Old
01-25-2013, 02:56 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Yakupov's celebration didn't bother me. In fact, I wanted him to do it right in front of the LA bench... maybe that could've lit a fire under their butts cause nothing else seems to.
Correct. There was a time when that sort of thing would have bothered me, but the way I see it now, if it creates excitement, if it sells and markets the game, if it makes gobbs of cash for the owners and players thus preventing the need for any future lockouts, then Yaks can go nuts for all I care!! The business of hockey bothers me more these days than goal celebrations. Just my 2 cents.
Great game by the oil.

Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:57 AM
JetsAlternate

Yakupov had every reason to be excited about the goal. The disappointment of the disallowed goal, the buzzing of the crowd, the team's desperation in the dying seconds of the game.

This is a kid who four days ago was nervous about his NHL debut. He has never been in a situation like this, and to be the goal scorer must have been an absolutely incredible experience for him. This was genuine emotion from him. When he scored his first, he flailed around like a kid opening up a Christmas present. Today, he broke down with joy and excitement and dropped to his knees.

Good for him! It's his first week living his dream of playing in the NHL. This is a moment he'll always remember.

JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:03 AM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

I agree, though I worry when he scores his first playoff goal. He might hurt himself.

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:03 AM
awesomo
HARD!

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:06 AM
Ice Whole

Quote:
What in the world is this for?

Well, congrats on the win. Hopefully both our teams make large strides from what we showed on the ice last night
Haha thanks and yeah, hopefully. Quick played an unbelievable game. Although Richards on the other hand didn't look too good.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:19 AM
InUtero
Oilers!

vCash: 50
I was at this game.

Best game that I have ever been too!

InUtero is offline   Reply With Quote