HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks 3, Stars 2 (OT) - "Flying High Again" Edition

Old
01-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Lehtonen played great, that was good goaltending. In the end, I think we were lucky enough to get the W. We worked hard but I can imagine that Stars fans aren't happy with it. After we tied it, I knew we would win it.
Crawford has to stop it with those eggs he lays himself in the net. Nice save on the Penalty shot but overall not much work for him.

Not really much to complain. Shaw looked better, Bickell still seems to hold Stalberg back a bit. Mayers wasn't/isn't a fit with Krüger/Frolik.
Bolland was great at the dot at times.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:03 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
His 32 save night against the Blues doesn't matter now, apparently.
Not when many of those shots weren't quality, when Keith and Kruger saved his bacon when he was one the other side of the net, and when he still looked shakey at times.

Tell me you go into games with every confidence Crawford can win a game no matter how the team plays in front of him.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:13 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Not when many of those shots weren't quality, when Keith and Kruger saved his bacon when he was one the other side of the net, and when he still looked shakey at times.

Tell me you go into games with every confidence Crawford can win a game no matter how the team plays in front of him.
Am I confident enough to put the game on Crawford's back? No. Am I confident enough to say that Crawford can put us into a position to win? Yes.

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:16 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Am I confident enough to put the game on Crawford's back? No. Am I confident enough to say that Crawford can put us into a position to win? Yes.
Ok, I would like to finally have a goalie who can put a game on his back. I don't think good enough wins in the play-offs, you can point to 2010 all you want but that isn't he rule it's the exception and this team isn't anywhere near as deep or talented as that team. I think the Hawks need a better goalie to win when it matters.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:23 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Ok, I would like to finally have a goalie who can put a game on his back. I don't think good enough wins in the play-offs, you can point to 2010 all you want but that isn't he rule it's the exception and this team isn't anywhere near as deep or talented as that team. I think the Hawks need a better goalie to win when it matters.
I can point to 2011, too. He played well in the Canucks series, the other parts of the team were lacking.

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:43 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey39 View Post
Tough ****ing luck. Pretty sure no one is gonna stop quoting me because your entitled little ass tells em too. In the real world no one will bend over backwards for ya.
Well, for starters, I am happy that you went to the game and offered your perspective while you were there.

That being said, The Hawks totally outplayed the Stars who should thank the lucky logos on their jerseys that they had a tank in goal last night or the out come would have been worse then it was.

The Stars have nobody but themselves to blame by taking as many penalties as they did. They did it to themselves. They had Nick Leddy, who is a complete pylon at times, and Rozy, who was overplaying it out there to cover up for Leddys mistakes and didnt capitalize as much as they could. That being said, the talent levels of both teams are uneven in the Hawks favor. Corey Crawford is just not ready to be a prime time goalie and his softy was embarrassing yet again. Hopefully this puts Stan on the phone and gets Luongo here on the double. This team has a chance to be great but needs to clean up the loose ends in net.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:46 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Well, for starters, I am happy that you went to the game and offered your perspective while you were there.

That being said, The Hawks totally outplayed the Stars who should thank the lucky logos on their jerseys that they had a tank in goal last night or the out come would have been worse then it was.

The Stars have nobody but themselves to blame by taking as many penalties as they did. They did it to themselves. They had Nick Leddy, who is a complete pylon at times, and Rozy, who was overplaying it out there to cover up for Leddys mistakes and didnt capitalize as much as they could. That being said, the talent levels of both teams are uneven in the Hawks favor. Corey Crawford is just not ready to be a prime time goalie and his softy was embarrassing yet again. Hopefully this puts Stan on the phone and gets Luongo here on the double. This team has a chance to be great but needs to clean up the loose ends in net.
So Luongo is our saviour. I guess you missed the 2009, 2010 and 2011 NHL playoffs where us and the Bruins just lit his ass up and won 2 cups while doing it.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:50 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Martini.. just.. Ugh.

Yes, lets go out and get an overpaid goaltender who's only been out of the 2nd round ONCE in his career. Oh, and while were at it, lets trade Patrick Sharp because we're not going to be able to afford him and keep any kind of depth. And lets do this all for a guy we've seen give up softie after softie against our very own Blackhawks and choke away a Stanley Cup ring, after calling out the goalie on the opposing team who was outplaying him in every game.

Yeah.. I really, really want Roberto Lolongo. He's so good. Ah, soo good.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:59 AM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Side note - everyone keep please offering up an argument against him every so often when he takes a shot at Leddy. That'll ensure he keeps doing it. Very entertaining read every time... not sure I've ever seen a poster so woefully wrong about something and yet continue to perpetuate it.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:05 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Side note - everyone keep please offering up an argument against him every so often when he takes a shot at Leddy. That'll ensure he keeps doing it. Very entertaining read every time... not sure I've ever seen a poster so woefully wrong about something and yet continue to perpetuate it.
But...but... Leddy is not going to make the team out of camp. Won't even be called up.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:23 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Worst recap on ESPN I have ever heard. LOL. Watch the video.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400442520

Old
01-25-2013, 04:04 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post

LOL! Sounds like an intern who really wanted to cover the NFL but they gave him the NHL instead, which he's never watched.

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:05 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post

I don't know what you expect from a company that doesn't give a flying F about hockey. I don't go to NFL.com for the latest weather reports.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:54 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
I don't know what you expect from a company that doesn't give a flying F about hockey. I don't go to NFL.com for the latest weather reports.
Nope, it's not the regular guy. Their recap is usually not bad and pretty much the only one with analysis post game. NHL.com is just highlights. This guy didn't know what the hell was going on.

The identical recap from ESPN is often on the Hawks site.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:13 AM
madgoat33

pretty good game all around. except seabrook, no clue what he was doing out there.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:34 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

yeah, Seabrook had an off game.

I really thought the PP looked bad
other than the 3 goals it was bad, but you can't say anything when you win the game with 3 goals and all were scored on the PP

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:31 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Yes Crawford has been good enough for us to win. But what happens when tonights roles are reversed and it's Chicago who is outplayed and under siege all night.
Chicago outplayed and under siege all night?

Not gonna happen, so don't worry about it.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:41 AM
Dump and Chase
Hand of God

<------Hand of God

Dump and Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:27 AM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

I'm finding it a little difficult to temper my enthusiasm for Saad at this early time in the season, with only four games played. He backchecks, has a long reach, fills the lanes offensively and defensively, plays safe yet aggressive, disrupts plays defensively, and has an obvious nose for the puck offensively. The points will come.

Saad-Toews-Hossa is an intelligent, defensively aggressive, puck controlling, reasonably big-bodied line which also is an offensive threat, every shift. No need at this point to move him off that line.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:36 AM
zytz
lumberjack

So I had to stop watching midway through the game, but a quick look at stats last night suggest the PP was actually getting it right?

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:53 AM
Gustavo Fring
Analytics R4 nerds

Been lurking for a while to get the vibe of this place, much respect for the intelligent conversation.

The 'sub' threads are so much better than the main boards for actual hockey talk.

As to the game, love the way Saad looks. As the poster above said, he is so smart, hope he keeps it up all year.

Lastly PK is just a boss. Takes so much patience to see all the Stars coming to him and then to wait that extra split second to make that pass to Hossa.

Penalties aside, great game. Look forward to hanging here and thanks for having me.

Gustavo Fring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:26 AM
BobbyJet

Welcome Lukas99!

I hit the sack early in the 3rd period with the sick feeling that Lehtonen was going to be the difference in this game. I have it PVR’ed but can someone describe the 3rd period and OT of last nights game?

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:40 AM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Maybe, just maybe, if everyone stopped responding to him and put him on ignore it would be like he did not exist and we could all get back to real discussion without the sideshow.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:54 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
So I had to stop watching midway through the game, but a quick look at stats last night suggest the PP was actually getting it right?
The numbers are very deceiving. The 1st was an own goal after it took them 1:25 to even get the zone set up. And they scored on a 4 on 3 in OT, so I'd hardly call that a normal power play. Their were times were it looked very good and didn't score though, so I guess it all evens out.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:57 AM
crazyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Welcome Lukas99!

I hit the sack early in the 3rd period with the sick feeling that Lehtonen was going to be the difference in this game. I have it PVR’ed but can someone describe the 3rd period and OT of last nights game?
Special teams were boss for the Hawks. Dallas got a pp with 1:20 left in the game and the Hawks pk took over and especially into OT where they kept the puck in the Star zone for a good 20 seconds. Dallas then got a penalty ( Morrow for knocking the stick out of players hand ) and the boys pp was once again deadly with a highlight reel behind the back pass from Kane in the slot to Hossa who one timed a laser past Lehtonen. Man they are looking good. Outshot Stars 2-1!

crazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote