HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lupul

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 04:49 PM
  #276
MapleLeafGardens*
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
It's a fact Phaneuf has a high wild shot every time he fires a shot from the point i cringe that he's gonna kill someone.

Lupul > leafs are jinxed?

MapleLeafGardens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:51 PM
  #277
kesleaf
Registered User
 
kesleaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafGardens View Post
It's a fact Phaneuf has a high wild shot every time he fires a shot from the point i cringe that he's gonna kill someone.

Lupul > leafs are jinxed?
I hope so...need Mckinnon this year!

kesleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:05 PM
  #278
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafGardens View Post
It's a fact Phaneuf has a high wild shot every time he fires a shot from the point i cringe that he's gonna kill someone.

Lupul > leafs are jinxed?
If Phaneuf's shot going high and wide was indeed a "fact" like you say it is why does he score goals then

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:07 PM
  #279
MajorityRules
Sior Gaisgeil
 
MajorityRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,669
vCash: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafGardens View Post
It's a fact Phaneuf has a high wild shot every time he fires a shot from the point i cringe that he's gonna kill someone.

Lupul > leafs are jinxed?
Could have swore someone posted proof that the majority of Phaneuf's shots were in fact on net and this wild shot theory was incorrect.

MajorityRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:14 PM
  #280
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorityRules View Post
Could have swore someone posted proof that the majority of Phaneuf's shots were in fact on net and this wild shot theory was incorrect.
Like I said earlier in a thread (might of been this one?) this wont stop them from continuing to use this "fact" like it's true.

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:19 PM
  #281
bansheebeat
Cherry-Coloured Funk
 
bansheebeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorityRules View Post
Could have swore someone posted proof that the majority of Phaneuf's shots were in fact on net and this wild shot theory was incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
Like I said earlier in a thread (might of been this one?) this wont stop them from continuing to use this "fact" like it's true.
I call your bluff.

bansheebeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:45 PM
  #282
MajorityRules
Sior Gaisgeil
 
MajorityRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,669
vCash: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheebeat View Post
I call your bluff.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=#post58212951


Go to post #508. It's all right there.

MajorityRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:46 PM
  #283
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheebeat View Post
I call your bluff.
Too bad we weren't bluffing..

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:58 PM
  #284
MrVisser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 575
vCash: 500
Not sure if someone else mentioned this, but just noticed that this injury + lockout means that our Anaheim draft pick for this draft drops from a 4th to a 6th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NHL_Entry_Draft


MrVisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:15 PM
  #285
Squeeven
Registered User
 
Squeeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Sorry but this not negativity. This is just a realistic viewpoint.

Phaneuf just injured his own teammate with a wild slapshot that would have sailed over the net anyhow.

He just cost the Leafs millions in lost labor production from Lupul...which added to his contract would amount to over $9 million.

So this is the most expensive player the Leafs have ever had...and I'm sorry but he is just not good enough to warrant that kind of money.

Phaneuf needs to try injuring players NOT on his team. That would actually help the Leafs and add value to his worth to the team.

As opposed to this gross violation.
I'm not here to start any arguments or anything but I totally disagree with you here man. I don't know if you watch hockey a lot but if you do you would not be saying something like this. One of the many jobs of a forward is to create traffic in front of the net to obstruct the goalies vision of play and the puck. Forwards are in front of the net to do that as well as try to deflect the puck and tip it into the net. Players need to get involved in the play the way Lupul was and if that means sacrificing your body then so be it. Lupul tried getting out of the way but when you're in a battle with a defenseman the way he was and with Phaneuf having as hard a shot as he does, its kinda hard to avoid getting hit by the puck like that. No offense dude but if you knew anything about hockey you wouldn't be saying that because that is a very common play in hockey that happens all the time. Phaneuf is one of our best defensemen, has a rocket of a shot, is big and physical and he puts up good numbers and is a great leader so he needs to stay.

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:16 PM
  #286
Squeeven
Registered User
 
Squeeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azuntt View Post
Jonas Siegel tweeted that he was put on IR this morning.
Thanks, much appreciated. Yahoo still hasn't made the change yet from DTD, hopefully they do soon.

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:36 PM
  #287
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
I'm not here to start any arguments or anything but I totally disagree with you here man. I don't know if you watch hockey a lot but if you do you would not be saying something like this. One of the many jobs of a forward is to create traffic in front of the net to obstruct the goalies vision of play and the puck. Forwards are in front of the net to do that as well as try to deflect the puck and tip it into the net. Players need to get involved in the play the way Lupul was and if that means sacrificing your body then so be it. Lupul tried getting out of the way but when you're in a battle with a defenseman the way he was and with Phaneuf having as hard a shot as he does, its kinda hard to avoid getting hit by the puck like that. No offense dude but if you knew anything about hockey you wouldn't be saying that because that is a very common play in hockey that happens all the time. Phaneuf is one of our best defensemen, has a rocket of a shot, is big and physical and he puts up good numbers and is a great leader so he needs to stay.
Honestly this is what he does. He always tries to spin anything negatively towards a leaf player. It's what he does best I guess. In any case don't take what he says that seriously when it comes to his negativity

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:56 PM
  #288
Squeeven
Registered User
 
Squeeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
Honestly this is what he does. He always tries to spin anything negatively towards a leaf player. It's what he does best I guess. In any case don't take what he says that seriously when it comes to his negativity
Oh I see, ha ha. Oh well, all you can do is disagree I guess. Getting frustrated and arguing on this board is pointless. There will always be people like that but not much you can do. I just felt I had to say my piece since that was a huge overreaction. Do you know if he's even a Leafs fan?

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:03 PM
  #289
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
Oh I see, ha ha. Oh well, all you can do is disagree I guess. Getting frustrated and arguing on this board is pointless. There will always be people like that but not much you can do. I just felt I had to say my piece since that was a huge overreaction. Do you know if he's even a Leafs fan?
Yeah he overreacts a bit but agreed arguing on here is pointless. I don't like assuming things about people so considering he posts on here a bit I'm going to say he is a fan but he sure doesnt act like one so who knows lol

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:15 PM
  #290
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
Yeah he overreacts a bit but agreed arguing on here is pointless. I don't like assuming things about people so considering he posts on here a bit I'm going to say he is a fan but he sure doesnt act like one so who knows lol
All this talk about me is quite negative and I don't appreciate it at all.

I'm simply stating facts.

Phaneuf injured Lupul.

Lupul is a good player worth over $5 million dollars and will miss half the season.

Phaneuf injuring Lupul caused the Leafs to lose $2.6 million in production.

Phaneuf makes $6.5 million to produce and cost the team another $2.6

He is costing the Leafs over $9 million this year which is more than Crosby makes.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:16 PM
  #291
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
If Phaneuf's shot going high and wide was indeed a "fact" like you say it is why does he score goals then
Well it wasn't that high -- he hit him in the forearm, not the head.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:20 PM
  #292
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Well it wasn't that high -- he hit him in the forearm, not the head.
His forearm was raised up because he was bracing himself.

Phaneuf's shot was completely erratic and reckless.

Keep shooting like that and no one on our team will want to stand in front of the net.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:22 PM
  #293
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
His forearm was raised up because he was bracing himself.

Phaneuf's shot was completely erratic and reckless.

Keep shooting like that and no one on our team will want to stand in front of the net.
Look at the replay. It was slightly above his waist.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:26 PM
  #294
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER
 
cup67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TORONTO
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
His forearm was raised up because he was bracing himself.

Phaneuf's shot was completely erratic and reckless.

Keep shooting like that and no one on our team will want to stand in front of the net.
no one was in front of the net tonight

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:29 PM
  #295
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
no one was in front of the net tonight
Glad someone finally acknowledges the truth I speak.

Phaneuf is a problem on the PP.

It is too obvious what their gameplan is (let Phaneuf shoot as much as he wants) and what's worse is now he is injuring our star players.

Time to explore all options with this guy.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:34 PM
  #296
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Well it wasn't that high -- he hit him in the forearm, not the head.
I know. I was replying to someone who said that phaneuf always shoots high and wide and that was a fact. Lol maybe you misquoted me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Glad someone finally acknowledges the truth I speak.

Phaneuf is a problem on the PP.

It is too obvious what their gameplan is (let Phaneuf shoot as much as he wants) and what's worse is now he is injuring our star players.

Time to explore all options with this guy.
First off I want to apologize for my negative comments towards you. They weren't needed. But I have to know why do you not like Phaneuf? It wasn't his fault lupul was doing whay he's supposed to do and that's go to the front of the net. Phaneuf accidentally hit lupul in the forearm. It was an accident. Only in Toronto do we have people wanting to trade out captain because of an accident on ice.

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:57 AM
  #297
coach519
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafGardens View Post
It's a fact Phaneuf has a high wild shot every time he fires a shot from the point i cringe that he's gonna kill someone.

Lupul > leafs are jinxed?
Thank you and its because Phaneuf is a moron, no idea where the biscuit is going and he is going to kill someone

coach519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:40 AM
  #298
SteveV*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Sorry but this not negativity. This is just a realistic viewpoint.
.
Actually, it's complete and utter stupidity, and that is perhaps generous.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:01 PM
  #299
ACC1224
Steelers 1 - 1
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 28,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Actually, it's complete and utter stupidity, and that is perhaps generous.
Now that's a realistic viewpoint.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:05 PM
  #300
MajorityRules
Sior Gaisgeil
 
MajorityRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,669
vCash: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Actually, it's complete and utter stupidity, and that is perhaps generous.
Yep, you're being generous.

MajorityRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.