HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 7.0 - Great with computers

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 06:41 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
I want to be the first to welcome you back Pk.

Secondly,to habs managment,if you are too dumb to sign him for atleast 5yrs now,it will cost you an extra 15to 20 million in 2yrs,and extra cap room too...don't be stupid

Old
01-25-2013, 06:41 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
Send me a list of sources you deem reasonable.
It's well known that Sergei has become a legitimate top-6 winger, you can google it yourself, in spite of the fact he was a cancer here.

Everybody's a cancer in Montreal.

Kovalev, Koivu, Ribeiro, Latendresse, Sergei, Andrei, Grabovski,

They all lack "character".

Shane Doan is what this team needs. Maybe Phoenix will trade him to us if we offer Subban.

Honestly: give it a rest. Stop obsessing over characters, stop watching Days of Our Habs and As the Puck Turns, and just watch the damn game and focus on *skill*.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:42 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I want to be the first to welcome you back Pk.

Secondly,to habs managment,if you are too dumb to sign him for atleast 5yrs now,it will cost you an extra 15to 20 million in 2yrs,and extra cap room too...don't be stupid
Plekanec is a good example.

They signed him to a 1-year, 2.7 million dollar contract in the summer of 2009, when it would have made sense to lock him up long-term. He would have cost less than 5 million per then.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:54 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Plekanec is a good example.

They signed him to a 1-year, 2.7 million dollar contract in the summer of 2009, when it would have made sense to lock him up long-term. He would have cost less than 5 million per then.
To be fair, Plekanec was ATROCIOUS in 2008-09.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:02 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
To be fair, Plekanec was ATROCIOUS in 2008-09.
I remember, and I also remember thinking it was his reverse career year and that he would bounce back.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:06 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
I don't know what the details are. But we need PK. I'd like to think that Beaulieu could become a similar player, but it'll take a while before we're sure about that. Parting ways with PK would leave us with a huge hole that we won't be able to fill with a trade. We're doing god so far. But we're only 3 games in, with a schedule that has been rather calm. Next month, our D will be more to the test when games start being more frequent and challenging as teams will be desperate for wins. We may see some players get injured, which I really hope we don't. Either way, losing PK would be a huge blow. Problem is, what are the details that are holding the signing of a new contract??
Gotta have everyone on board...to make a run for it...we cannot keep losing great players (McDonagh). Gotta keep 'em all from now on, unless...there is massive overpayment!! (I mean massive! something that won't happen, ex: Pietrangelo OR Shattenkirk+1st for Subban...but why would St-Louis do this?! or...Jason Demers and M-E Vlasic+1st+2nd for Subban... Ovechkin+1st for Subban, but...we'd have to buyout Ovechkin's contract after 2-3 years!!!, etc,etc...!!!).

A year and a half from now:
Tinordi-Subban
Markov?-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz
Beaulieu
----------- ------------
Ellis
Bouillon

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-25-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old
01-25-2013, 07:09 AM
Nedved

pk will play sunday.

emelin markov
gorges pk
diaz bouillon

kaberle will be moved, if injury occurs, we have a couple options in the ranks to step in.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Found another lie about Subban on the internet. I can't believe all these people making up this stuff on him just to make him look like a prima dona.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f...amrlik-169563/

The lengths you go to just to make it seem as if PK is this big evil kid.

You know how many teachers feel like breaking a stick over their students's head??
If you think it's a minority, you're at a disconnect.
Kid just needs to mature up, and nobody ever denied that. Not sure what the point of your post is really?
Price needed to mature too, if not more, to the point where the quietest guy on the team actually snapped at him, Markov. Boy, am I glad we moved Price..

Let the kid grow up, doesn't mean he should accept wtv small amount. I don't care what he gets money wise, changes nothing in my life, long term deal makes more sense to me as you get him for cheap and there's no denying his talent. But just get him signed to wtv, I don't care. Him+Markov would be a big treat.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:40 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Found another lie about Subban on the internet. I can't believe all these people making up this stuff on him just to make him look like a prima dona.

So much delusion in one thread, I can't even handle it.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:51 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
So much delusion in one thread, I can't even handle it.
I'll drop it but the true delusions are from those ignoring that any of the negative incidents involving PK ever happend. Can he grow up. Yes, absolutely. Is this type of behaviour in his past? I hope so. I like PK as a player, love his skill set and want him back in the lineup.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:54 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

The lengths you go to just to make it seem as if PK is this big evil kid.

You know how many teachers feel like breaking a stick over their students's head??
If you think it's a minority, you're at a disconnect.
Kid just needs to mature up, and nobody ever denied that. Not sure what the point of your post is really?
Price needed to mature too, if not more, to the point where the quietest guy on the team actually snapped at him, Markov. Boy, am I glad we moved Price..

Let the kid grow up, doesn't mean he should accept wtv small amount. I don't care what he gets money wise, changes nothing in my life, long term deal makes more sense to me as you get him for cheap and there's no denying his talent. But just get him signed to wtv, I don't care. Him+Markov would be a big treat.
I don't disagree with you. My posts were directed at those refusing to admit all this crap about Subban ever happened. It did. You can't ignore it and its contributing to the deadlock we have now. Having said this, I want him in the lineup and really up such incidents are behind him.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:00 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
I don't disagree with you. My posts were directed at those refusing to admit all this crap about Subban ever happened. It did. You can't ignore it and its contributing to the deadlock we have now. Having said this, I want him in the lineup and really up such incidents are behind him.
I agree that "stuff" has happened. But I also believe (IMHO) that alot of it is blown out of proportion.

Does Subban need to grow up? Heck Ya. I just wish his dad would smack some sense into him.

Is Subban a great talent? Again...Heck ya. He needs some strong personalities in the room to guide him. I think we are seeing that now being put into place.

I say offer Subban the long term deal 4-5M per (5 yr?) see what he does with that. He cannot expect to get deals similar to Doughty, or even Benn. Close to Benn's but not the same or over.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:12 AM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn and Mikhail Grabovski are good examples.

When Sergei was on the team all we heard was that he was a loser because he missed his plane. Since he's left the Habs, he's become a respectable top-6 winger.

That said, I can't believe the losers linked to on that thread.
LOL both player suck ass. Thank god they are not here anymore. Soft players, we dont miss them one second.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:18 AM
shutehinside

Quote:

I'm not sure which part of the quote you're referring to as a lie. But in any case, I don't think you'll get many people who are intimately familiar with the Habs who wouldn't say those quotes are very consistent with PK's attitude.

Now I'm not saying to trade PK (unless we can get a King's ransom) but I can definately understand management's concern with his behavior. If he's like this after his 2nd year in the league, imagine how big his head can be after a couple of more years.

PK reminds me a LOT of Ovy. Both came in with a huge splash, over the top personalities and fan favorites. When Ovy was tearing up the league and crashing and banging, everyone kept asking how long he could keep it up for. He got his 100M contract and after just a couple of years coming off the massing ELC, he's become a shadow of his former self. Will he rebound and become the player he was, who knows? But if a former 65 goal scoring, #1 overall pick with all world talent can tumble that quickly than I don't see why PK can't and why management would want to hedge their bet rather than giving him a monster contract after just 2 seasons that were for the most part up and down for him even though he did show improvement.

This is a business decision. Not a personal one. I think most people here need to get some perspective rather than saying PK deserves it or he's the best etc etc. How about he earns it first and shows his commitment to the team before he gets paid, like EVERY Montreal player before him did.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:23 AM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
If we lose PK over this issue i will be very disapointed in Bergevin, and thats an understatement.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:27 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I'm not sure which part of the quote you're referring to as a lie. But in any case, I don't think you'll get many people who are intimately familiar with the Habs who wouldn't say those quotes are very consistent with PK's attitude.

Now I'm not saying to trade PK (unless we can get a King's ransom) but I can definately understand management's concern with his behavior. If he's like this after his 2nd year in the league, imagine how big his head can be after a couple of more years.

PK reminds me a LOT of Ovy. Both came in with a huge splash, over the top personalities and fan favorites. When Ovy was tearing up the league and crashing and banging, everyone kept asking how long he could keep it up for. He got his 100M contract and after just a couple of years coming off the massing ELC, he's become a shadow of his former self. Will he rebound and become the player he was, who knows? But if a former 65 goal scoring, #1 overall pick with all world talent can tumble that quickly than I don't see why PK can't and why management would want to hedge their bet rather than giving him a monster contract after just 2 seasons that were for the most part up and down for him even though he did show improvement.

This is a business decision. Not a personal one. I think most people here need to get some perspective rather than saying PK deserves it or he's the best etc etc. How about he earns it first and shows his commitment to the team before he gets paid, like EVERY Montreal player before him did.
Very well said.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:31 AM

So Guy Carbonneau was on RDS the other day and divulgred 'priveledged' information about Subban/Meehan. He said that Don Meehan has advised PK to take the 2 year deal on numerous occasions, but that PK refuses to do so.

Yet when questioned about this...Don Meehan said

"I don't know how Guy could obtain priveledged information about my discussions with Bergevin".

The PK Subban smear campaign continues...

Old
01-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
5.5-6 M for 6 years is what the PK should get and deserves.
No way.....He needs to sign the transition contract like the rest of the guys.
Price is MUCH MUCH more important to this team then Subban!
Price signed a two year deal proved he wasn't a bad egg and worthy of a big long term deal....

Let Subban earn his deal which he HAS NOT done!

If we go by players comments he's not a very liked person in the dressing room and really what has he done for Montreal?

PP sucked with him leading it the last two years (can't hit the net)
He's a **** disturber in his own room

Let him mature and prove he's worthy of the big contract and Montreal will give it to him...Otherwise trade him for a young power forward (too bad Jamie Benn is signed with Dallas)

Old
01-25-2013, 08:37 AM
Lshap

The Habs hold almost all the cards here. I don't see any team offer-sheeting PK with the enormous cost of draft picks they'd have to pay, plus the cap hit they'd have to absorb. The Habs are sitting on a valuable property and have no urgency to trade it away, unless someone's willing to overpay. So if negotiations break down, Bergevin has the option to simply walk away and leave PK without a salary or a team to play on.

That said, I'm still hoping they give PK an extended contract. Locking that talent up will go a long way towards securing the team's bright future. Plus, it's a smart way to save money and cap space in the long run. A two-year bridge at approx. $4M per year might save about $2M total over the next two years, but then it finishes and PK becomes eligible to cash in. By 2015 his value and league salaries will have both increased, pressuring the Habs into something closer to $6.5 - $7M for multiple seasons.

Lock him up now at $5M over multiple seasons. Cap space isn't the issue for these two years, but it WILL become an issue when we need to sign our talented young guys. When 2015 arrives, I'd rather have PK locked up with a $5M cap hit than having to renegotiate a higher salary with him at the same time we're negotiating with Emelin, Diaz, Eller, with Galchenyuk and Gallagher close behind.

Bergevin knows this, of course. The disagreement sounds like it's more about philosophy than affordability. Can you make exceptions to rules, and what are the consequences among the other players whose contracts abided by the rules? Why would the players be any more resentful of PK's imbalanced salary than they were with Gomez's?

Maybe Bergevin should be making a deal with another GM to officially offer-sheet PK just so that the Habs can match it and save face.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:38 AM
BLONG7

PK will sign in the next day or two, and will not play vs the Devils sunday, but should be back out there before Superbowl Weekend...just a hunch...

Old
01-25-2013, 08:39 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
PK will sign in the next day or two, and will not play vs the Devils sunday, but should be back out there before Superbowl Weekend...just a hunch...
Hopefully your hunch is right and this will come to a head sooner than later. In a condensed season, you can't hold out too long.

Besides, does anyone know the deadline to sign RFA's this year??

Old
01-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
No way.....He needs to sign the transition contract like the rest of the guys.
Price is MUCH MUCH more important to this team then Subban!
Price signed a two year deal proved he wasn't a bad egg and worthy of a big long term deal....

Let Subban earn his deal which he HAS NOT done!

If we go by players comments he's not a very liked person in the dressing room and really what has he done for Montreal?

PP sucked with him leading it the last two years (can't hit the net)
He's a **** disturber in his own room

Let him mature and prove he's worthy of the big contract and Montreal will give it to him...Otherwise trade him for a young power forward (too bad Jamie Benn is signed with Dallas)
This pathological fear of a "**** disturber" has screwed the Habs more times than I can count. Our obsessed, media-driven fanbase drills so deeply into players' psyches that we inflate it into a sick soap opera and make it as important as on-ice ability. The result: We drive players out of town where -- guess what? -- they flourish elsewhere. Let's get over ourselves. The Habs aren't a friggin' Oprah episode. They're no different than any other team -- a collection of 25 personalities that usually get along and sometimes don't.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Rickkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Seems like there's a meeting today between Bergevin and Meehan. #CrossingFingers
Hope that happens. Crossing fingers indeed.....

Old
01-25-2013, 08:54 AM
skule123

In the midst of those moments, I wish for another early Bob Gainey moment like the one where he called out the Brisebois boobirds, or famously defended Price as a thoroughbred. And the media absorbed those narratives for the long run, and we were a better team for it.

Bergevin would do well to protect our young and vulnerable from the agenda-driven parts of the media, even if there there is a bit of fire to smoke - I bet the players would respond well to knowing the GM is with them, and it would honestly help with the league perception of Montreal as an *excessively* challenging place to play.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
So Guy Carbonneau was on RDS the other day and divulgred 'priveledged' information about Subban/Meehan. He said that Don Meehan has advised PK to take the 2 year deal on numerous occasions, but that PK refuses to do so.

Yet when questioned about this...Don Meehan said

"I don't know how Guy could obtain priveledged information about my discussions with Bergevin".

The PK Subban smear campaign continues...
I didn't want to out-right say it, but I had a feeling Carbonneau was full of crap when he "broke" that story.

Par for the course with the RDS drama queens.

Closed Thread