HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Encompassing Winger Acquisition Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
Jamie Benn for 10 years of 2nd round picks?
Jaime Benn for conditional 2nd round picks. They get our 2nd round pick every year he plays for us with a minimum of 10. Let's make it fair.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:40 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Jaime Benn for conditional 2nd round picks. They get our 2nd round pick every year he plays for us with a minimum of 10. Let's make it fair.
You're getting me excited.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
Toronto fan, I come in peace.

Nonnis would more than likely trade Kulie to the pens, but it will cost Shero.

- 1st Round Draft Pick '13
- 3rd Round Draft Pick '14
- Blueger
Quote:
done. no takesies backsies.
I'm a big fan of Kulie. But I would not do that trade. I'd honestly be hesitant to give up a 1st for him - especially in 2013 when it's suppose to be a deep forward heavy draft. If that's what it cost, then I would probably - reluctantly - do it. But I wouldn't be throwing in a 3rd and a F prospect (one who's supposed to be a skilled forward).

Edit,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey's Future
Talent Analysis

A Latvian who has played in North America since he was 14, Teddy Blueger is a skilled forward who possesses dynamic stick-handling and puck distribution abilities. Spending four years at Shattuck St. Mary's prep school, Blueger already has many key aspects of his game well refined, such as his ability to take faceoffs and protect the puck. It is his silky puck-moving ability however that sets him apart from other prospects. He is able to move through traffic with ease, as though the puck was attached to his stick. He also plays with a fair amount of physical flair, and is not afraid to get dirty in the corners or down low.

Though immensely talented, Blueger is quite thin and consequentially remains a long-term project, likely 3-4 years from making an impact at the professional level. Also, while his skating is by no means a red flag, upgrading his explosiveness would make him a significantly greater threat offensively.

Future

Blueger will join Minnesota State in the fall of 2012-13. Long-term he projects as a top-six forward capable of playing all three positions and in all situations.

"It’s not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, it’s as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Old
01-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I'm a big fan of Kulie. But I would not do that trade. I'd honestly be hesitant to give up a 1st for him - especially in 2013 when it's suppose to be a deep forward heavy draft. If that's what it cost, then I would probably - reluctantly - do it. But I wouldn't be throwing in a 3rd and a F prospect (one who's supposed to be a skilled forward).
Kulemin would come in and help us today. There is a decent chance none of the three pieces going back would every help us at all. In this case, the bird in hand is worth three in the bush imo.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:51 PM
mpp9

I'd move our 1st without blinking for Kulemin. They want a couple other pieces that mean little to nothing for us in the next 3-5 years, fine by me.

I cannot fathom how people can watch last night's game and think he's not an upgrade to our top 6.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I'd move our 1st without blinking for Kulemin. They want a couple other pieces that mean little to nothing for us in the next 3-5 years, fine by me.

I cannot fathom how people can watch last night's game and think he's not an upgrade to our top 6.
He absolutely is. However we cant give away high picks forever.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
We haven't. We gave up our 1st rounder 1 time in the last who knows how many years.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
we can give them away on occasion though. We haven't done so in a while. And I'll be honest, I'd rather trade our picks for guys who are a 7 out of 10 then trust our organization to develop forwards into anything better.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Flat Stanley

Honestly, I wouldn't trade this year's first because of the potential "deep draft". I would really like the Pens to try and pick Mantha if possible. Too early to say where he will be picked or where we will be in the draft order, but if he's projected to go before we pick, I would like Shero to possibly trade up in the 1st round to get him, we could use a winger prospect like him.

If GM's are willing to trade someone for it, I wouldn't be opposed to the 2014 1st being dealt this year. Besides, draft is in Philly that year, Pens staff members and the prospect they pick can avoid getting things thrown at them and booed out of the building.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
We haven't. We gave up our 1st rounder 1 time in the last who knows how many years.
Fair enough... it just seems like it when we have SFA for forward prospects in the system.

Quote:
we can give them away on occasion though. We haven't done so in a while. And I'll be honest, I'd rather trade our picks for guys who are a 7 out of 10 then trust our organization to develop forwards into anything better.
On occasion yes. I'm just hesitant to do so but then when we refuse to draft high end forward prospects, I guess it doesn't matter much.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

seems to me that Shero is acting a lot like the Penguins PP unit - to much passing in hopes of landing the perfect shot. here's hoping he scores.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Brenden Morrow looks done. the fans agree.

Last edited by Crafton: 01-25-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old
01-24-2013, 11:33 PM
MonsterSurge

Shero is going to trade up and take Zadorov. Lolololol.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:37 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Injured Reserve

vCash: 1000
After the past couple of games watching the Leafs (both against the Pens the other night, and the Isles tonight), I'm on the Kulemin bandwagon. But not at the price some folks on the trade board are suggesting. Either a 1st round pick OR a good prospect. Not both, and certainly not a combination of both PLUS an additional prospect or pick.

I also wouldn't mind Jiggy's suggestion of MacArthur. I think he could be a good fit for Sid's wing, on the right side opposite Kunitz.

Thing is, I'm not sure why Toronto's trading either player. They're trying to make the playoffs, not rebuilding (even though maybe they should rebuild, even if it's just a semi-rebuild). And with Lupol gone for 6 weeks with that broken forearm, trading Kulemin or MacArthur (or both) would pretty much kill their chances.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:27 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Thing is, I'm not sure why Toronto's trading either player. They're trying to make the playoffs, not rebuilding (even though maybe they should rebuild, even if it's just a semi-rebuild). And with Lupol gone for 6 weeks with that broken forearm, trading Kulemin or MacArthur (or both) would pretty much kill their chances.
They don't now due to Lupul. They might have moved one of them closer to the deadline. Only way I see them moving anyone is if they're out of it by then. Otherwise they stand pat and try to make the POs.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:57 AM

I really like Kulemin but I would hate to give up a first for him. As good as he is, he is coming off of a 7 goal season. I would rather see something more like TK and Despres for Kulemin and Blacker.

Just wanted to toss Gagne's name into the mix. He could be gotten cheaply and should have enough left in the tank for another year or two.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:48 AM
ArcticFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post
Michael Ryder will be a Penguin, but probably not until next year.
Awwww hells yeah. The only problem is that Martin is there and as we all know he's showing signs of falling back into his bad habits after a reasonable start to this season. Then again we have a free buyout 2013 and 2014 so we could shove Martin out.
I will gladly give Ryder 4-5 myllion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
But I think the Stars are in win now mode especially with the signings of Whitney and Jagr. If they're totally out of it by deadline, maybe they will want to move him but if it's close I think they keep him
Then again Ryder's UFA so he might come to Pitt because it's, currently: one of the favourites for an SCF spot.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:47 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
After the past couple of games watching the Leafs (both against the Pens the other night, and the Isles tonight), I'm on the Kulemin bandwagon. But not at the price some folks on the trade board are suggesting. Either a 1st round pick OR a good prospect. Not both, and certainly not a combination of both PLUS an additional prospect or pick.

I also wouldn't mind Jiggy's suggestion of MacArthur. I think he could be a good fit for Sid's wing, on the right side opposite Kunitz.

I'm not sure what there chances were with Lupul healthy.

It's the type of thing with Kulemin and MacArthur that you wait until closer to the deadline. Nonis will move MacArthur as a rental if the Leafs are out. Kulemin, with another year at 2.8M and then a UFA thereafter, will cost you more. IMO, Nonis would move him for a 1st in this draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
I really like Kulemin but I would hate to give up a first for him. As good as he is, he is coming off of a 7 goal season. I would rather see something more like TK and Despres for Kulemin and Blacker.

Just wanted to toss Gagne's name into the mix. He could be gotten cheaply and should have enough left in the tank for another year or two.
I think you probably could get something done later for value something along the lines that you suggested.

I think you hold that first for now. This draft is two rounds deep. A first is the chip you want in reserve for Sid's winger.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I'm not sure what there chances were with Lupul healthy.

It's the type of thing with Kulemin and MacArthur that you wait until closer to the deadline. Nonis will move MacArthur as a rental if the Leafs are out. Kulemin, with another year at 2.8M and then a UFA thereafter, will cost you more. IMO, Nonis would move him for a 1st in this draft.
And if he doesn't, it will be Ray Shero's fault :jagoffsmile:

Old
01-25-2013, 08:50 AM
KIRK

Quote:
And if he doesn't, it will be Ray Shero's fault :jagoffsmile:
R . . . O . . . F . . . L

Old
01-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Brenden Morrow looks done. the fans agree.
looks like we can get Morrow and Penner for Tangradi + Lovejoy + 4th

let's call if Plan Z.

Kunitz-Crosby-Morrow
Penner-Malkin-Neal

Old
01-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Hottubber

Quote:
looks like we can get Morrow and Penner for Tangradi + Lovejoy + 4th

let's call if Plan Z.

Kunitz-Crosby-Morrow
Penner-Malkin-Neal
Im not really sure why LA resigned Penner. They knew exactly what the were getting or not getting. He is being scratched for being lazy but thats been the knock on him his whole career.

As for Morrow, perhaps the style of play and injuires have finally caught up to him. Its too bad cause he would been a great player here if he was healthy

Old
01-25-2013, 04:50 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

We can't give away high picks forever? Well, yeah not FOREVER, but we can afford to give them away more than most teams. Most teams are looking for the foundation of their lineup. We already have it. You don't think Edmonton will be willing to trade away some high picks in a year or two? It will absolutely happen.

Plus didn't we only trade away one #1 pick? And we had two this year. Yeah trading your 2nd rounder every single year is probably not a good idea, but all in all I'm trading picks if I need to with this team. Those trades are made in the interest of the Cup. The draft following a particular season seems decades away at the deadline.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:07 PM
LetangInTheSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
We can't give away high picks forever? Well, yeah not FOREVER, but we can afford to give them away more than most teams. Most teams are looking for the foundation of their lineup. We already have it. You don't think Edmonton will be willing to trade away some high picks in a year or two? It will absolutely happen.

Plus didn't we only trade away one #1 pick? And we had two this year. Yeah trading your 2nd rounder every single year is probably not a good idea, but all in all I'm trading picks if I need to with this team. Those trades are made in the interest of the Cup. The draft following a particular season seems decades away at the deadline.
I have mixed feelings on this and frankly - between the fact that the salary cap system is still relatively new and only in the last 6-7 years have I become more in tune to our development system - I just don't have enough perspective to understand how the Pens should handle the situation.

Here's what I will say: sooner or later, the Pens need to plug in one or some young wingers (i.e. 1st or 2nd contract) or the payroll situation won't be tenable. I suppose they don't necessarily be homegrown, they could be acquired through other means, but there's no way we'll be able to retain the "core" (let's call them Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Letang and Fleury) while also paying market value for established stars on their 2nd-3rd contract. It just won't happen. In an ideal world, we would really have 2-4 wingers as I've described, but at this point, we're in desperate need of at LEAST ONE!

Old
01-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
And I'll be honest, I'd rather trade our picks for guys who are a 7 out of 10 then trust our organization to develop forwards into anything better.
Yes.

Closed Thread