HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How long until Wang opens up his wallet?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 11:38 PM
  #51
zelrio*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
The Islanders will make the playoffs this year, wallet or not. I'm calling it for you guys.

zelrio* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:05 AM
  #52
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo View Post
Don't discount this. After money, "who will I play with" is often the most important factor in a free agent's decision. Perry might love the chance to play on Tavares' wing. He might realize 5+ years alongside Tavares could put him in the hall of fame. Will any other suitor offer that potential? Not saying they'll get Perry (I think he stays) but a superstar teammate is a big attraction to some.
The issue there: Uncle Chuck still has to pay a decent wage. I didn't see any high end wings offer to work at minimum wage to play alongside Malkin or Crosby, and that's what we would be doing. Playing with Tavares does hold some coin, but due to "certain economic realities" it isn't attractive except to bargain discount bin refugees to this point. Then there is the rest of the team too, and how they hamper Tavares ultimate pointing potential, and thus the potential for the guys we are trying to lure to his wing.

But hey, we got Brad Boyes!

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:39 AM
  #53
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh
 
Mr Wentworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,326
vCash: 500
Part of the Wang opening his wallet, and it cannot be discounted, is keeping the players we already have. Ya know, the ones we want to keep.

Yes, we have a few solid pieces locked up for a while, but I don't think Hamonic is locked up, he might be, I'm not sure.

While not busting the bank, Bailey isn't locked up long term.

Poulin or Nillson will need to be locked up.

Strome
Nino
Nelson
Griffin

These guys need contracts and Wang/Snow might be holding X amount in reserve to keep the above players Islanders.


There is an X factor I haven't seen mentioned yet.
When do the Isles move?

Do they leave early?
If the Isles announce a move after the 13-14 season, a year early, that changes when Wang opens up his wallet...

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:23 AM
  #54
blinkman360
CdH for Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesBeBack View Post
Back the money truck up to Perry's house. Explain to him that him and Tavares will make sweet love together for the future of the Islanders in Brooklyn.

Perry resurrects fanbase. Isles are alive again.

I mean, really, what's 60 million to Wang right now? It's worth his time and investment to see that this Ilsanders team improves. He needs to get it over with already or this team will never take a real step forward.

Remember, Wang is still worth close to a billion dollars. A 60 million dollar investment over 8 years, with inflation and all, is not a single sweat beed off his back. All things considered, 60 million is probably what Wang takes in annually, with interest and stuff like that.

I doubt giving this guy a big contract would ruin his lifestyle.
I think that would scare him off more than it would sell him...

I'm probably in the minority but I hope this team doesn't throw a ton of money at a guy like Perry. He's a great player, but I think we have much bigger needs. Just looking at next year, it looks like we'll have Tavares, Moulson, Strome(I think most would agree that if he makes this team he'll be playing in a top-6 role), probably Okposo, and possibly two of Grabner, Bailey, Nino. I think our top-6 is in pretty good shape going forward.

Defensively is where I see more of an issue. If Streit re-signs we'll have Streit, Hamonic, MacDonald, Carkner as the definites, and potentially a couple of Reinhart, deHaan, Donovan, Pokka, Mayfield, Ness(doubtful) or guys we brought in this year in Strait/Hickey/Finley(hopefully not). If Streit is let go/leaves, that leaves us with 3 open spots. I still think we'll need another PMD even if he stays. It just will come down to who is available and at what price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstash19 View Post
to the dudes arguing about the relivnce of the pedro/mets comparison:

who cares.


the point is, we need a pied piper. someone to be the first to jump aboard. then as the image of the team changes as we move to brooklyn (well, i hope it does, at least) and things will be alot better.

..and then hopefully we wont have to overpay for anyone, or get 35+ players
Exactly. I didn't even know it would be something worth arguing over.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:36 AM
  #55
Isles Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Jesus Christ man, you are getting pretty worked up over a meaningless comparison.

First of all, I never said anything about how signing Pedro lead to other signings. Even if I did, who gives a ****? You get the idea of the comparison. A big veteran signing could go a long way to making this team relevant. Pedro gave the Mets an identity. I don't think it's crazy to think a UFA signing could do the same for the Isles.

As far as Wang and the arena deal goes, it's not about the building. I never bought into that either. It's about the uncertainty of the Islanders' future. A free agent that comes here doesn't know if he's going to be living in NY or in Kansas City or somewhere else. Why would any sought-after player decide to go to a bottom-feeding team that might relocate a couple of years after they sign? That is what I think will make things different next offseason and the offseason's after.

To say flat out that no UFAs will come here just makes you come off as one of those pessimistic fans that people end up ignoring. "OH great... this guy again". We get it. You hate the Isles but you like to post about it on their message board. The fact that you are getting worked up over a Pedro Martinez comp. just makes it worse.
Getting worked up? No not at all.

You posted a comment, I responded to it. Thats what these boards are all about. You commented Pedro brought other big names to the Mets,backed up by no factual information, and I countered your claim, backed up with factual information. That's being a pessamistic fan? That's hating the Isles?

What I fail to understand, whether it be you or anyone else here, is how people have such a difficult time with the concept of winning breeds winning. UFA's do not go to teams that do not show any dedication to winning. That being said are there a few who go for the money grab, a la Beltran, no doubt, but professional athletes want to win and go to teams where they feel they have the best chance to do so. New buildings, unsettled franchise futures play a very minor part in that scenario. Again I bring up the Yankess. Players go to the yankess because of two reasons, one is they wil probably get more money there and two is because the Yankees will contend every year. Ownership has shown that they are commited to winning. It is really just that simple.

As someone who has rooted for this team since their inception, lived through their growing pains, the glory years, the Spano mess, the Milstein mess and now the Wang debacle. I bleed orange and blue. At the same time I am a realist and do not drink the Wang Kool Aid. I have been around long enough to know a leapord doesn't change his spots. FWIW I also find it comical how many people believe that a change of address will make this team an instant contender. Could I be wrong? Absolutly and I pray that I am and if so will be the first to admit to it, but it ain't gonna happen.

Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:02 AM
  #56
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,229
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Just looking at next year, it looks like we'll have Tavares, Moulson, Strome(I think most would agree that if he makes this team he'll be playing in a top-6 role), probably Okposo, and possibly two of Grabner, Bailey, Nino. I think our top-6 is in pretty good shape going forward.

Defensively is where I see more of an issue. If Streit re-signs we'll have Streit, Hamonic, MacDonald, Carkner as the definites, and potentially a couple of Reinhart, deHaan, Donovan, Pokka, Mayfield, Ness(doubtful) or guys we brought in this year in Strait/Hickey/Finley(hopefully not). If Streit is let go/leaves, that leaves us with 3 open spots. I still think we'll need another PMD even if he stays. It just will come down to who is available and at what price.

.
Good points.

Sounds like Poulin/Nilson haven't been as consistent as last season.I'll cut them slack because the Sound Tigers opened with a very young roster. Let's say they finish up the season strong.

Do the isles re-sign Nabby for 1 more season and let Poulin/Nilson battle it out for the #2 spot in camp? Or do the isles let Poulin/Nilson battle it out for the Isles #1 goalie spot?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:50 AM
  #57
isles52480
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: East Coast Tour
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Opening the wallet and players taking the cash are two different things. No agent in his right mind would allow a top tier UFA to sign here with the current front office structure. I know I wouldn't.

isles52480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:56 AM
  #58
Degeneration Rex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upstate,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles52480 View Post
Opening the wallet and players taking the cash are two different things. No agent in his right mind would allow a top tier UFA to sign here with the current front office structure. I know I wouldn't.
I agree that is the biggest turn off for UFA's. Don't know if Brooklyn changes that.
The Nets have put a good team on the court, it starts from the top with Prokhorov,
players want to play for the Nets in Brooklyn.


Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 01-24-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Degeneration Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:59 PM
  #59
blinkman360
CdH for Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Fan View Post
Getting worked up? No not at all.

You posted a comment, I responded to it. Thats what these boards are all about. You commented Pedro brought other big names to the Mets,backed up by no factual information, and I countered your claim, backed up with factual information. That's being a pessamistic fan? That's hating the Isles?

What I fail to understand, whether it be you or anyone else here, is how people have such a difficult time with the concept of winning breeds winning. UFA's do not go to teams that do not show any dedication to winning. That being said are there a few who go for the money grab, a la Beltran, no doubt, but professional athletes want to win and go to teams where they feel they have the best chance to do so. New buildings, unsettled franchise futures play a very minor part in that scenario. Again I bring up the Yankess. Players go to the yankess because of two reasons, one is they wil probably get more money there and two is because the Yankees will contend every year. Ownership has shown that they are commited to winning. It is really just that simple.

As someone who has rooted for this team since their inception, lived through their growing pains, the glory years, the Spano mess, the Milstein mess and now the Wang debacle. I bleed orange and blue. At the same time I am a realist and do not drink the Wang Kool Aid. I have been around long enough to know a leapord doesn't change his spots. FWIW I also find it comical how many people believe that a change of address will make this team an instant contender. Could I be wrong? Absolutly and I pray that I am and if so will be the first to admit to it, but it ain't gonna happen.
Wow man. You have either only read parts of my posts, are confusing me for someone else, or are just choosing to interpret things incorrectly to start a meaningless argument. Again... who cares about the Pedro comparison? You are arguing over semantics. The basic theme is that the Mets became a relevant team after getting a veteran like Pedro, and that maybe the Islanders could do the same. You accuse me of "not being able to make up my mind" when in reality this was the only thing I posted on the subject before you called me out:

Quote:
As far as the Mets comparison goes, it actually does make sense. Sign one guy(Pedro) to lead the youth(Wright/Reyes) and make the team relevant again; see the team inch closer to competitiveness and make a big signing(Beltran) and a big trade(Delgado) to put the icing on the cake.

I could honestly see something similar happening with this Islander team. Hopefully they choose the right veteran(again, Iginla seems like a solid comparable. An all-time great who is nearing the end of his career but still has some gas left in the tank... whether he would actually sign here is a different story).
So again, I'll ask, who gives a ****?

BTW, the free agent thing is not about the address. It's about the Islanders having a future home locked down as opposed to a completely uncertain future. Which situation do you think would be more appealing to UFA's?

I'm sure you think you are a realist, but you're a pessimist. We haven't been in a situation where we had a stable future as far as our arena goes in a long time, and to say that it won't matter and we won't sign any free agents and that Wang won't increase spending is an extremely pessimistic way to look at the situation, regardless of how realistic you might think it to be.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:01 PM
  #60
blinkman360
CdH for Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles52480 View Post
Opening the wallet and players taking the cash are two different things. No agent in his right mind would allow a top tier UFA to sign here with the current front office structure. I know I wouldn't.
That's why there is a trade market. Good thing we have been building up our prospect pool for the last 5+ years.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:10 PM
  #61
zaius
Registered User
 
zaius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
I'd like to chime in and side with the viewpoint Crazy Ivan expressed. I have to believe they have a reserve waiting to be spent on the big homegrown players that will need their payday soon. Locking ourselves into big FA contracts will only cripple us moving forward.

When we are ready, we'll make those big FA splashes, just like WASH/PITT/etc. do as cup contenders heading in to a season looking to fill positional holes.

zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:38 AM
  #62
Isles Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
The basic theme is that the Mets became a relevant team after getting a veteran like Pedro, and that maybe the Islanders could do the same. You accuse me of "not being able to make up my mind" when in reality this was the only thing I posted on the subject before you called me out:



BTW, the free agent thing is not about the address. It's about the Islanders having a future home locked down as opposed to a completely uncertain future. Which situation do you think would be more appealing to UFA's?
Actually the Mets became relevant when they traded for Piazza, but that's besides the point. I never called you out on the Pedro thing either. When I first read it I thought it had some value until I researched the facts. Most of this back and froth would have never been had you just realized that Pedro did nothing for the Mets.

Where I have trouble with your theroy about UFA's wanting to come here becasue the Isles future has been settled is that I have never, in over 40 years of following this sport as well as every other major sport, with the exception of basketball, have seen anyone say they are not going to this team or that team because the future of the franchise is uncertain. Perhaps they have and I have just missed and if that is the case please provide the link. I will once again repeat myself and tell you players go to teams for money and for a chance to win. Younger guys lean toward the money while older vets want a chance at the ring before the retire and in most cases are willing to take less money for the chance to win. New buildings, old buildings, a team staying or a team moving has little impact if any.

My point, which you keep missing, is that current ownership has shown no signs, not a shred of evidence, that there is huge pool of money waitng to be tapped to improve this team once they move. Wang can say what he wants but actions speak louder than words and his actions have shown that nothing is going to happen. Like I said, if I am wrong I will be the first to admit so.

Improving this team today does nothing but help Wang make money. It increases the value of the franchise (if selling it is his want), it makes selling the new arena easier and it makes the team attractive to potential UFA's. Waiting until you move to pour money back into the team makes no practical or financial sense. I am sure you will tell me that Wang just wants to stick it to Nassau County before he goes, but he's won that battle, there is nothing left to prove.

Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:39 AM
  #63
Isles Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles52480 View Post
Opening the wallet and players taking the cash are two different things. No agent in his right mind would allow a top tier UFA to sign here with the current front office structure. I know I wouldn't.
THANK YOU! Someone making some sense.

Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:11 AM
  #64
blinkman360
CdH for Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Fan View Post
Actually the Mets became relevant when they traded for Piazza, but that's besides the point. I never called you out on the Pedro thing either. When I first read it I thought it had some value until I researched the facts. Most of this back and froth would have never been had you just realized that Pedro did nothing for the Mets.

Where I have trouble with your theroy about UFA's wanting to come here becasue the Isles future has been settled is that I have never, in over 40 years of following this sport as well as every other major sport, with the exception of basketball, have seen anyone say they are not going to this team or that team because the future of the franchise is uncertain. Perhaps they have and I have just missed and if that is the case please provide the link. I will once again repeat myself and tell you players go to teams for money and for a chance to win. Younger guys lean toward the money while older vets want a chance at the ring before the retire and in most cases are willing to take less money for the chance to win. New buildings, old buildings, a team staying or a team moving has little impact if any.

My point, which you keep missing, is that current ownership has shown no signs, not a shred of evidence, that there is huge pool of money waitng to be tapped to improve this team once they move. Wang can say what he wants but actions speak louder than words and his actions have shown that nothing is going to happen. Like I said, if I am wrong I will be the first to admit so.

Improving this team today does nothing but help Wang make money. It increases the value of the franchise (if selling it is his want), it makes selling the new arena easier and it makes the team attractive to potential UFA's. Waiting until you move to pour money back into the team makes no practical or financial sense. I am sure you will tell me that Wang just wants to stick it to Nassau County before he goes, but he's won that battle, there is nothing left to prove.
At this point, you're right. I'm wrong. I'm not going to waste anymore time on this Mets thing. Pedro didn't do this or that and you win. The fact that you continue to argue about this fascinates me.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:31 PM
  #65
CDirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles52480 View Post
Opening the wallet and players taking the cash are two different things. No agent in his right mind would allow a top tier UFA to sign here with the current front office structure. I know I wouldn't.
What's the "front office structure"?

As for the topic. The only way Wang spents money is to take potential suitors who want to buy this team out to Bennigans. I'll call my shot and say Wang will no longer own this team by the time it moves to Brooklyn.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:51 PM
  #66
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,943
vCash: 500
The bottom line is this: players want to WIN.

Look at Chicago's rebuild and you see they drafted well and spent money (successfuly and unsuccessfully). They tried. They won the Cup.

Look at Phoenix. They spent a fraction, rebuilt and looked like they kinda tried, but not very hard. They drafted and hired better coaching and did the little things because they were broke.

Look at LA. They drafted very well, hired good people and paid for talent. They REALLY tried and lookie there....they won the Cup.

Look at NYI. They drafted, they hired Boston regulars as coaches and picked up scraps. They got one top player and some decent draftees who were good picks but question marks. Each draft has people wondering to varying degrees. They signed a few older guys or never beens and saw some success, some outright failure. Will the picks pan out? We have a trade Okposo thread, have trade Bailey talk, Nino trade demands, DeHaan is invisible in discussion, Parenteau bolts, DP never goes away, Reasoner is locked in, Rolston stained our roster, scrap heap waiver wire building, JUST NO SERIOUS SIGN WE"RE FIGHTING TO IMPROVE.

It looks like we're hoping, but passively. I like that FINALLY we are leaving our kids alone, but what of the kids here? What top leadership have we brought in? I like Streit, but he's no top talent brought in (we got him when he was shifted from D to Wing, and we lucked out IMHO). Is he a good captain? I don't see our team fighting unless we're doing our traditional 10 minute wake up and play routine.

So what separates us from the above rebuilds? (I didn't include Philly because that rebuild was QUICK and TO THE POINT where a top city with a top team went from last to playoffs because they went overboard in getting good talent (not good enough, especially in net!).

We aren't fighting to get to top form. We're patiently spending little and waiting and hoping like a crying girl by the phone on prom night while others are out finding a suitor, so to speak.

And I blame Wang. It's the woe-is-me culture set up, and Snow is playing the role very well, but has not gotten the image of this team to look any better save for our having top young guys here and there waiting for us to not suck.



We needed an impact signing or trade to make us look better. We got nothing. Again. Our team's identity, therefore, played itself out on the ice last night in a pathetic display. No hits, no going for the kill, outmuscled, manhandled and left happy with a point.

"Maybe one day Prince Charming will call," our team cries as it eats bon-bons and stains its prom dress.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:54 PM
  #67
blinkman360
CdH for Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,258
vCash: 500
Maybe I'm a fool, but I'm optimistic about this next offseason. Not only will this be our first offseason after the announcement of the Barclays, but this will be a Christmas-like offseason with numerous teams needing to trim payroll. Should be many options for Wang/Snow via UFA and trade, and luckily they've stockpiled plenty of prospects if it comes down to the latter.

Maybe I'll be disappointed with the outcome, but until then I do have some hope.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:04 PM
  #68
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,820
vCash: 500
If I'm Wang I don't open the wallet until I'm sure that revenue increases enough to justify it. Just like Prokhorov didn't go crazy spending until the Barclay's deal came to fruition and reality, Wang, or whoever the NYI owner is, probably won't spend until right before the move to Brooklyn. If he does then thank you Charles....again.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:09 PM
  #69
blinkman360
CdH for Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
If I'm Wang I don't open the wallet until I'm sure that revenue increases enough to justify it. Just like Prokhorov didn't go crazy spending until the Barclay's deal came to fruition and reality, Wang, or whoever the NYI owner is, probably won't spend until right before the move to Brooklyn. If he does then thank you Charles....again.
I would hope Wang understands that the more he spends, chances are the better the team will be, which in turn will increase revenue. If he's smart he will try to build a team that is either a true competitor or a team ready to compete by the time they move to Brooklyn. It will generate a lot more buzz than a bottom-5 team moving into a new building.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:27 PM
  #70
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I would hope Wang understands that the more he spends, chances are the better the team will be, which in turn will increase revenue. If he's smart he will try to build a team that is either a true competitor or a team ready to compete by the time they move to Brooklyn. It will generate a lot more buzz than a bottom-5 team moving into a new building.
It's been said often, NYI could sell out every game at NVMC and still lose money especially spending for better players. He could spend for a potentially better team the summer before NYI moves when the revenue will likely be there to pay for it.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:11 PM
  #71
Isles hat
E N F O R C E R
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Suffolk County
Country: United States
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
If I'm Wang I don't open the wallet until I'm sure that revenue increases enough to justify it. Just like Prokhorov didn't go crazy spending until the Barclay's deal came to fruition and reality, Wang, or whoever the NYI owner is, probably won't spend until right before the move to Brooklyn. If he does then thank you Charles....again.
Im hoping Prokhorov buys the Isles from Wang. That is when the team gets better. Wang is a chump.

Isles hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:00 PM
  #72
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles hat View Post
Im hoping Prokhorov buys the Isles from Wang. That is when the team gets better. Wang is a chump.
Most of us want that including me. Everytime I've heard Prokhorov asked if he wants to buy NYI or will be owner of NYI he's said that's up to Ratner as he runs the place. Then he smiles wryly.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:31 PM
  #73
KrisBeKreame
Registered User
 
KrisBeKreame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,431
vCash: 500
I think we might see "some" more money being spent this offseason. Snow has been talking up the potential trade/Buy-out market this coming offseason. I hope a hole or two is filled with a quality Vet.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 10:56 PM
  #74
Isles hat
E N F O R C E R
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Suffolk County
Country: United States
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
Most of us want that including me. Everytime I've heard Prokhorov asked if he wants to buy NYI or will be owner of NYI he's said that's up to Ratner as he runs the place. Then he smiles wryly.
Yea...I pray Prokhorov buys the Isles. We will have a great team as a result.

Isles hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 01:17 AM
  #75
giddy up*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,974
vCash: 500
Corey Perry please

giddy up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.