HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RobR [Made some stuff up]

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 09:15 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Is this the same Rossi who said "done deal" at the draft when we apparently acquired Keith Yandle?
That one even got me, and I think I'm pretty stringent when it comes to evaluating trade rumors and whatnot. I mean, we were walking out of the arena and he's tweeting a mile a minute about how Maloney and Shero were talking, then saying it's done. Jesus.

Rossi is a master of the "throw something out there just to stir the pot" kind of stuff. He knows the exact words to use to get everyone in an uproar without saying anything concrete. Not saying it isn't annoying just stating.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:16 AM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:
Is this the same Rossi who said "done deal" at the draft when we apparently acquired Keith Yandle?
I still have my Zubrus jersey on backorder for when Hrdina - Zubrus finally happens

Old
01-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Not following . . .

Are you agreeing with Rossi that's part of the reason that he may have been kept up?

Anyway, since Rossi really broke the earth shattering news that Despres might be available for the right deal and that trading for a top six winger is [not] out of the question, here's my question for everyone:

What is the right deal?
It means Parise is close to signing with the Pens, obviously.

I'm going to become the boards new beat man. I'm going to pretend to have my sources, but really just pull **** from a hat. Just don't tell anyone else my secret.

Here's my first scoop:

I'm hearing the plan is that Despres is being played so that he can supplant Nisky in the top four. If he can do that Nisky is available at the deadline for the right price.

I've also been told by two of my rock solid sources, that the smell of DB's burritos gives Shero the runs. I'll try to confirm with the janitor before I run with this.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:17 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Hey KIRK.. I don't have time to look at who is UFA! Take that trade and cancel it. I had no clue.
Cole, Cole, Cole . . . we've discussed this before. I'll handle personnel, you've got the bench, and we're golden.

Really can't see San Jose. They're deep enough on defense to be o'k right now without Burns and Demers. IMO, they're a team that deals a guy like Murray when those two come back.

Winnipeg needs defense. Anything make sense?

St Louis doesn't need defense, but Redden is their #7 and their prospect pool on defense is limited. Thoughts?

Ottawa? Nashville? Montreal?

Minnesota would seem to be a pretty good fit of team needs.

LA needs affordable defensive help. Detroit too.

Maybe Dallas? Columbus?

Calgary seems to make a lot of sense. Piece of big package for Iginla and Glencross . . . Sid and Geno with two good wingers each, NHL issues retroactive clause to CBA banning that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
If Wade Redden is playing top pairing minutes with Pietrangelo, I still have hope we can nab one of the Blues' wingers. Keep Despres up and hope he can showcase to GMs his unique skillset.
Definite match of needs . . . TK & Despres for Stewart

Old
01-25-2013, 09:18 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
It means Parise is close to signing with the Pens, obviously.

I'm going to become the boards new beat man. I'm going to pretend to have my sources, but really just pull **** from a hat. Just don't tell anyone else my secret.

Here's my first scoop:

I'm hearing the plan is that Despres is being played so that he can supplant Nisky in the top four. If he can do that Nisky is available at the deadline for the right price.

I've also been told by two of my rock solid sources, that Shero doesn't like the smell of DB's burritos and it gives him the runs. I'll try to confirm with the janitor before I run with this.
My apologies for being a little slow . . .

Old
01-25-2013, 09:20 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm View Post
Yeah I'm an idiot...I was busy reading the Joe Vitale to the 2nd line thread, and couldn't think straight for a little while...

Fixed OP
Not a problem . . .

The thought of Malkin and Neal taking their rightful place with Joe Vitale would distract and excite even the most accomplished wordsmiths.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:22 AM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:
Not a problem . . .

The thought of Malkin and Neal taking their rightful place with Joe Vitale would distract and excite even the most accomplished wordsmiths.
You seem pretty confident 71 and 18 would be able to hang.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
My apologies for being a little slow . . .
I just got a text from an usher at the Excel Energy Center and it was confirmed by "the concession guy".

I'm hearing Parise for Despres...

Old
01-25-2013, 09:24 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm View Post
You seem pretty confident 71 and 18 would be able to hang.
Hopeful, in the sense that you hoped Talbot could hang with Malkin, Armstrong could hang with Crosby, Robbie Brown could hang with Lemieux . . .

I know it's a tall order-- nay, almost impossible task-- for Geno and Neal to hang on the ice with Joe Vitale, but there's always hope . . .

Old
01-25-2013, 09:25 AM
KIRK

Quote:
I just got a text from an usher at the Excel Energy Center and it was confirmed by "the concession guy".

I'm hearing Parise for Despres...
Which concession guy? A few of them are pretty good, but this sounds like it came from the unreliable one.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Which concession guy? A few of them are pretty good, but this sounds like it came from the unreliable one.
Bro... THE concession guy.

Pay attention.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:28 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
That one even got me, and I think I'm pretty stringent when it comes to evaluating trade rumors and whatnot. I mean, we were walking out of the arena and he's tweeting a mile a minute about how Maloney and Shero were talking, then saying it's done. Jesus.

Rossi is a master of the "throw something out there just to stir the pot" kind of stuff. He knows the exact words to use to get everyone in an uproar without saying anything concrete. Not saying it isn't annoying just stating.
Haha. That was the ultimate troll. "Yandle deal close." "Ray and Maloney walking from table. Ray has a smile on his face, and did a fist pump. Maloney looked like he just sucked a lemon." "Yandle going to be a Penguins any moment."

"Done deal...Michalek for junk."

Old
01-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Lim Ran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
They can turn common knowledge into rumors just by how they write it. It's just piss-poor, but the industry is based on how many people click.... sooooooooo?

Just like the Gretzky/MLSE thing invented by Nick Kypreos and Damien Cox.

Kypreos spent 45 minutes on Hockeycentral at Noon the next day wording it like a child that got caught lying. "Well, are you saying that it's impossible that at some point there has been a discussion about MLSE about Gretzky??"

Old
01-25-2013, 09:33 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Bro... THE concession guy.

Pay attention.
****, my bad . . .

O'k, back to topic, what are your other sources saying?

TK + Despres for Stewart?

Something around Despres and Seto/Coyle?

Despres as piece of an offer for your boy Subban?

TK, Tangradi, Bennett, Despres, 1st for Iggy and Glencross?

In all seriousness, Despres is a really nice chip. He could, by himself or as part of a package, be moved for something that really helps the Pens.

Like you, I hadn't realized it until Rossi spoke. I do now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Haha. That was the ultimate troll. "Yandle deal close." "Ray and Maloney walking from table. Ray has a smile on his face, and did a fist pump. Maloney looked like he just sucked a lemon." "Yandle going to be a Penguins any moment."

"Done deal...Michalek for junk."
Give him time. Just like we thought Dejan could NEVER top the Crosby captaincy article, Rossi will top that tweet chain too.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:38 AM
mpp9

Despres/Nisky has alot of the same feel as in 09 with Letang/Whitney. Despres got his feet wet in the playoffs last year. Coaching staff had his back at camp. Beating out a regular in Lovejoy, an AHL vet in Bortuzzo and causing another to be lost to waivers in Strait.

With the market starved for top 4 D-men. And both of ours being cost efficient with upside left to be realized. And with our ability to take on big contracts, I don't think we've ever been in a better spot to make a deal.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:47 AM
ivefle

Quote:
I'm going to pretend to have my sources, but really just pull **** from a hat. Just don't tell anyone else my secret.
Who ***** in a hat?

Old
01-25-2013, 09:48 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Yes. Everything he says I just think the complete opposite.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
01-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Luigi Lemieux

What has happened to the pittsburgh hockey journalists. I feel like we got higher quality coverage when the pens sucked.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:00 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Cole, Cole, Cole . . . we've discussed this before. I'll handle personnel, you've got the bench, and we're golden.

Really can't see San Jose. They're deep enough on defense to be o'k right now without Burns and Demers. IMO, they're a team that deals a guy like Murray when those two come back.

Winnipeg needs defense. Anything make sense?

St Louis doesn't need defense, but Redden is their #7 and their prospect pool on defense is limited. Thoughts?

Ottawa? Nashville? Montreal?

Minnesota would seem to be a pretty good fit of team needs.

LA needs affordable defensive help. Detroit too.

Maybe Dallas? Columbus?

Calgary seems to make a lot of sense. Piece of big package for Iginla and Glencross . . . Sid and Geno with two good wingers each, NHL issues retroactive clause to CBA banning that.

Definite match of needs . . . TK & Despres for Stewart
Calgary is a Pipedream. Last minute deadline Hossa type deal.

Minnesota makes alot of sense. Root for their rookies to play well this year.

As for the Blues. I doubt they'll change things unless they're getting a sure fire upgrade for Pietrangelo. Niskanen playing well with Letang has a deal written all over it. Especially if Despres builds on his last game and becomes reliable in his end.

Biggest question would be, is Despres a part of our longterm plans here. And does the coaching staff believe Niskanen can/should be a longterm partner for Letang.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Cardboard Orpik
Out 4-6 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Yes. Everything he says I just think the complete opposite.
Looks like we're trading a top six winger for a promising defensive prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Lemieux
What has happened to the pittsburgh hockey journalists. I feel like we got higher quality coverage when the pens sucked.
Josh Yohe is alright.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
****, my bad . . .

O'k, back to topic, what are your other sources saying?
My Pizza Pizza source in Toronto is telling me Kumy for Lovejoy, but Pens may have to add another topping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivefle View Post
Who ***** in a hat?
I can't reveal my sources.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:08 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Lemieux View Post
Molinari is the only one I can stand.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Not sure this has ever been more appropriate...

Old
01-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Riptide

Quote:
If Wade Redden is playing top pairing minutes with Pietrangelo, I still have hope we can nab one of the Blues' wingers. Keep Despres up and hope he can showcase to GMs his unique skillset.
In lastnights game he's #4 or 5 in Dman icetime. I don't think he's getting top pairing minutes.

"It’s not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, it’s as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Old
01-25-2013, 10:13 AM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
Biggest question would be, is Despres a part of our longterm plans here. And does the coaching staff believe Niskanen can/should be a longterm partner for Letang.
I've always had the impression they think Despres could be that partner for Letang. At least that's how Bylsma is always talking about it.

Closed Thread