HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win again led by the Markov & Diaz duo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2013, 08:49 AM
  #276
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,137
vCash: 500
My powerplay units once Subban comes back :

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Markov - Diaz

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Subban - Gorges

Uber Coca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:54 AM
  #277
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
My powerplay units once Subban comes back :

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Markov - Diaz

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Subban - Gorges
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Markov-Diaz

Bourque-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Plekanec-Subban


417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:56 AM
  #278
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Markov-Diaz

Bourque-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Plekanec-Subban

Galchenyuk-Plekanek-Gionta
General-Colonel

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Subban-Bouillon


Seriously. Do not underestimate Bouillon's capacity to pitch in at the right time. His energy would be a good mix with Subban, I suspect.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:01 AM
  #279
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,020
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Galchenyuk-Plekanek-Gionta
General-Colonel

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Subban-Bouillon


Seriously. Do not underestimate Bouillon's capacity to pitch in at the right time. His energy would be a good mix with Subban, I suspect.
The cubes poor ability to put the puck on net is the better reason why I don't want him on the powerplay

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:02 AM
  #280
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Galchenyuk-Plekanek-Gionta
General-Colonel

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Subban-Bouillon


Seriously. Do not underestimate Bouillon's capacity to pitch in at the right time. His energy would be a good mix with Subban, I suspect.
Bouillon isn't that bad on the PP but he's playing a lot of minutes at even strength and on the PK so it'd be nice to try and reduce his minutes on the powerplay so he's not playing like 22 minutes a night.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:03 AM
  #281
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Bouillon is atrocious with the puck on his stick. He has the puck skills of Hal Gill.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:04 AM
  #282
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,872
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You know, "Colonel Diaz" sure have a nice ring to it.
Starting to make me wonder if a new theme for avatars is on the horizon.

"Colonel" Diaz
"General" Markov
"Sargeant" Gionta

So many possibilities.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:04 AM
  #283
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,803
vCash: 500
Bouillon's energy and capacity to hold the freakkin' zone is why I'd want him on the PP

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:06 AM
  #284
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Starting to make me wonder if a new theme for avatars is on the horizon.

"Colonel" Diaz
"General" Markov
"Sargeant" Gionta

So many possibilities.
Not a bad idea, but I'd rather we keep military ranks only with players who proved to have good chemistry with The General himself.

Therefore...

"Sarge Emelin"

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:08 AM
  #285
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,020
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Starting to make me wonder if a new theme for avatars is on the horizon.

"Colonel" Diaz
"General" Markov
"Sargeant" Gionta

So many possibilities.
Captain Gionta makes more sense

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:09 AM
  #286
Pepin le bref
Registered User
 
Pepin le bref's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NDG/CDN Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Bouillon is atrocious with the puck on his stick. He has the puck skills of Hal Gill.
You couldn't be more wrong. Bouillon is adequate with the puck.

Pepin le bref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:12 AM
  #287
Tim Wallach
Registered User
 
Tim Wallach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin le bref View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. Bouillon is adequate with the puck.

This much is true. But we have the resources to do better than "adequate" on our PP lineup - at least once PK is back.

I put them in order of: Markov, Subban, Diaz, Kaberle, Emelin, Bouillon, Gorges.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:17 AM
  #288
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
This much is true. But we have the resources to do better than "adequate" on our PP lineup - at least once PK is back.

I put them in order of: Markov, Subban, Diaz, Kaberle, Emelin, Bouillon, Gorges.
At the moment, I'd put Bouillon ahead of Kaberle. He might have better puck-distribution skill, but he has trouble holding the zone and never pitches in beyond shooting and passing from afar.

Plus, removing Bouillon means less defensive play.

If we are to have role-players in our lineup, the idea of a physical and tiring 2nd Power Play lineup would be a good idea. Desharnais/Cole/Patch are still pretty good regarding puck possession and forcing the opponents to run all around the end zone.

PK/Bouillon are physical as well, and damn good at holding the zone, which would tire out the opposition even more.

The idea would be to create momentum out of the 2nd PP wave.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:22 AM
  #289
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
I don't understand why Bouillon is still used on the pp, I hope MT gives Emelin a shot unil PK comes back

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:23 AM
  #290
Tim Wallach
Registered User
 
Tim Wallach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
At the moment, I'd put Bouillon ahead of Kaberle. He might have better puck-distribution skill, but he has trouble holding the zone and never pitches in beyond shooting and passing from afar.

Plus, removing Bouillon means less defensive play.

If we are to have role-players in our lineup, the idea of a physical and tiring 2nd Power Play lineup would be a good idea. Desharnais/Cole/Patch are still pretty good regarding puck possession and forcing the opponents to run all around the end zone.

PK/Bouillon are physical as well, and damn good at holding the zone, which would tire out the opposition even more.

The idea would be to create momentum out of the 2nd PP wave.
I don't disagree. Admittedly, I had trouble typing Kaberle's name and did so more on historical merit than recent performance.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:24 AM
  #291
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't understand why Bouillon is still used on the pp, I hope MT gives Emelin a shot unil PK comes back


Let me guess. You just skipped over the entire thread, haven't you?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:24 AM
  #292
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 500
I haven't noticed anything different from Price's game. As a goalie myself (ok, a bad one), I've always been floored by Price's absurd legwork and athletism. This isn't a new thing. An ex-NHLer/AHLer goalie told me the same thing. Price moves like no one else out there. He plays the puck like no one else out there.

Price will win a Stanley Cup. I hope it will be with the Habs.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:26 AM
  #293
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post


Let me guess. You just skipped over the entire thread, haven't you?
Yes just came on, sorry if its been mentioned but don't really have the time to go through every page

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:31 AM
  #294
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Yes just came on, sorry if its been mentioned but don't really have the time to go through every page
all right. In a nutshell;

Bouillon may not be supremely skilled, and will miss on some opportunities... but..

But the fact he has scoring opportunities in the first place means he has some hockey IQ and knows when to pitch-in offensively

His energy and work ethics allows him to stop the puck at the blueline more often than not, to hold the zone

He is actually pretty good at carrying the puck and can help create outnumbering opportunities during certain transition plays.


Bouillon actually played damned fine for us so far.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:35 AM
  #295
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Markov-Diaz

Bourque-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Plekanec-Subban

I'm all for giving the kid a chance, but Plekanec is still the better option at center. I also didn't like him on defense during the powerplay.

Uber Coca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:37 AM
  #296
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
all right. In a nutshell;

Bouillon may not be supremely skilled, and will miss on some opportunities... but..

But the fact he has scoring opportunities in the first place means he has some hockey IQ and knows when to pitch-in offensively

His energy and work ethics allows him to stop the puck at the blueline more often than not, to hold the zone

He is actually pretty good at carrying the puck and can help create outnumbering opportunities during certain transition plays.


Bouillon actually played damned fine for us so far.
I'm not saying Frankie has played bad I just want to see what Emelin can do on the pp and he has a solid shot from the point. Galchenyuk fed Bouillon an open net last night on the pp,which he totally fanned on. Anyways I know it's a matter of time until PK comes back but until then it wouldn't hurt to see what others can do

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:39 AM
  #297
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,297
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
I'm all for giving the kid a chance, but Plekanec is still the better option at center. I also didn't like him on defense during the powerplay.
Can't really blame the kid, I mean when I was 18 years old I was still playing dress-up and I was having tea parties with my dolls... Oh wait...

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:40 AM
  #298
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I'm not saying Frankie has played bad I just want to see what Emelin can do on the pp and he has a solid shot from the point. Galchenyuk fed Bouillon an open net last night on the pp,which he totally fanned on. Anyways I know it's a matter of time until PK comes back but until then it wouldn't hurt to see what others can do
To be honest, I'd take Kaberle off the PP before Bouillon.

agreed that Emelin should be allowed to try and compete. But Therrien may have his reasons as to why he doesn't allow it.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:41 AM
  #299
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin le bref View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. Bouillon is adequate with the puck.
Adequate? He does -two- things with the puck.
Plays it down the boards.
Weak wrist shot that is gloved by goaltender.

That is not adequate. That is an absence of puck skills.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:42 AM
  #300
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
To be honest, I'd take Kaberle off the PP before Bouillon.

agreed that Emelin should be allowed to try and compete. But Therrien may have his reasons as to why he doesn't allow it.
If you take Kaberle off the pp then he simply shouldn't be on the team, which I'm fine with

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.