HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 7.0 - Great with computers

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 09:39 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Kypreos just tweeted that this AM meeting is critical & needs to start at Benn money; ie 5 years 26 mil.

Kinda rich for my blood
Just over $5 million for Subban will be a bargain in years 3 through 5.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:39 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
guaranteed ?

Old
01-25-2013, 09:41 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
guaranteed ?
There are no guarantees as anything can happen but with his work ethic and the way he has improved the last two years it'd definitely be a good price for Subban who will be entering his prime years then.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:42 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Kypreos just tweeted that this AM meeting is critical & needs to start at Benn money; ie 5 years 26 mil.

Kinda rich for my blood
He's an idiot.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:44 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
There are no guarantees as anything can happen but with his work ethic and the way he has improved the last two years it'd definitely be a good price for Subban who will be entering his prime years then.
A bridge contract would be a good way to hedge that bet considering PK's only been around for 2 seasons. Wonder if that's been discussed at all?

Old
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
So, he may very well not be a bargain, I see.

Old
Le depisteur

Quote:
The goal it is not to make a bargain with Subban, but to make Subban a better player in the future. And the best way to do this is to give him a short contract in years. After that, Subban himself could even get more money than that, he has the potentiel to earn more than 5M$ in 2-3 years. It's a win-win situation.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
The goal it is not to make a bargain with Subban, but to make Subban a better player in the future. And the best way to do this is to give him a short contract in years. After that, Subban himself could even get more money than that, he has the potentiel to earn more than 5M$ in 2-3 years. It's a win-win situation.
It's risky though...if Subban continues to improve at the rate he's improved since he's been drafted (and there's no indication that this isn't very likely to happen), in 2 years, it's going to cost the Habs a whole lot more than it would cost them right now.

If the team is where it's supposed to be 2 years from now...a lot of key players are going to be up for new deals...

Old
01-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
He wanted a short term deal, he was forced to take a longer term.
regardless of what he wanted, he still got a long term deal with big money which is what PK wants so no he is not in a no win situation

Old
01-25-2013, 09:50 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
So, he may very well not be a bargain, I see.
In order to be successful with the cap you have to take chances like that, our team isn't going to contend in the next 2 years but in 3 years who knows.. I'd rather him have a higher cap hit (making $5-5.5 million the next 5 years) than have him making something like $4 million the next two years and then signing for over $7 million after his stupid "bridge contract".

Old
01-25-2013, 09:51 AM
cphabs
It complels you!

At this point, if we are going to sign him, it better be longer than 4 years. What a mess

Old
01-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

-Benn wanted a bridge contract. Stars forced him to go long term.
-Subban wants to go long term. Habs will force him to take a bridge.

The owners make out like bandits in RFA negotiations. They get what they want.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
It's risky though...if Subban continues to improve at the rate he's improved since he's been drafted (and there's no indication that this isn't very likely to happen), in 2 years, it's going to cost the Habs a whole lot more than it would cost them right now.

If the team is where it's supposed to be 2 years from now...a lot of key players are going to be up for new deals...
There is no risk. If Subban becomes really better in 2 years, like Weber, no problem to give him the money he want, it will be a superstar...

But, the problem to me, it is Subban don't want to take this risk, we just want a long contract with money below his true potentiel, I don't like that...

Old
01-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
The goal should be to manage the cap so we can field a competitive contending team in a few years which this fails to do.

Who cares about the rest, the part where he becomes a better human being by paying him less?

We should either keep him if we want to keep him or trade him if we don't want to keep him and we can do both with a 6 year contract.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
The goal should be to manage the cap so we can field a competitive contending team in a few years which this fails to do.

Who cares about the rest, the part where he becomes a better human being by paying him less?

We should either keep him if we want to keep him or trade him if we don't want to keep him and we can do both with a 6 year contract.
lol people are living on a different planet man no point in arguing with them

Subban is loved by the public, he's become a media sweetheart, the only people that hate him are opposing teams and their fans and sadly some habs fans who still think this is a good ole boys team and thats how it should be

I dont understand how people have created this image of him being a bad person. Subban was raised right by an awesome family, has a good head on his shoulders and has done more for others in his short career than many players do in their whole career, yet he's a bad person cause he's boistrous and cocky.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
There is no risk. If Subban becomes really better in 2 years, like Weber, no problem to give him the money he want, it will be a superstar...

But, the problem to me, it is Subban don't want to take this risk, we just want a long contract with money below his true potentiel, I don't like that...
I don't see what the big risk is...having a guy who can play on your top pairing at
4.5M to 5M right now is a bargain.

I don't understand why so many people think it's such a risk to give Subban a long term contract right now?

Regardless of the contract he eventually signs...he's going to step in and play a major role right away. So if you're so worried about giving him a long term deal, how do you justify using him as though he's your #1 dman?

Something just doesn't make sense to me...

It comes across as a bit short sighted to me...just thinking of next years cap as opposed to long term, which is what this organization should be thinking about right now

Old
01-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
He's an idiot.
PK worked in the studios with them during the lockout, he may know a thing or two...just saying

Old
01-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
lol people are living on a different planet man no point in arguing with them

Subban is loved by the public, he's become a media sweetheart, the only people that hate him are opposing teams and their fans and sadly some habs fans who still think this is a good ole boys team and thats how it should be

I dont understand how people have created this image of him being a bad person. Subban was raised right by an awesome family, has a good head on his shoulders and has done more for others in his short career than many players do in their whole career, yet he's a bad person cause he's boistrous and cocky.

I like his on-ice attitude. My fear is that the team will be upset by his holdout. It would take a few games, but I think he'll be back in the groove with them. My biggest worry is the Cap, and I'm sure that's been the sticking point that has slowed things down.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Jigger77

Yeah it worries me too. Holding out like that has never been good for any player historically. And if there is truth to him rubbing guys the wrong way the longer it goes the harder it will be for him to integrate the group.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:12 AM
le_sean

I love how people think it's guaranteed he'll get better. Just like it was guaranteed Alzner and Carlson would get better and be the next great pairing. There's reason for reluctance. If players simply trended upwards with experience, Ovechkin and Crosby would be scoring 200 points a season by now. I think it's best for a bridge contract.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:19 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
I don't see what the big risk is...having a guy who can play on your top pairing at

I don't understand why so many people think it's such a risk to give Subban a long term contract right now?

Regardless of the contract he eventually signs...he's going to step in and play a major role right away. So if you're so worried about giving him a long term deal, how do you justify using him as though he's your #1 dman?

It comes across as a bit short sighted to me...just thinking of next years cap as opposed to long term, which is what this organization should be thinking about right now

that's exactly what most thought of Myers contract...

Old
01-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Lebowski

Quote:
that's exactly what most thought of Myers contract...
So Myers is on a bad contract after one year? C'mon now...

And Subban isn't Myers either. I'm confident he'll keep on improving.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:

Because he is still not a leader in the room. When you spend this kind of money, you have to give it to your leaders. Subban is not, for the moment, that's the reason...

Old
01-25-2013, 10:25 AM
cphabs
It complels you!

It is over IMO. The online resume, even in jest, is a slap in the face while negotiations are going on. Not to mention it is a resume for other "companies" that he wants to work for. I want Bergevin to make a commercial as well!

GM: "PK, we have found your company"

Cut to the state tourist commercial for Tennessee...

Dancing with devils is not very clever PK

Old
01-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

The 50th highest paid D in the league right now is gorges at 3.9M$ according to capgeek.com

PK is better than Gorges so by my logic, that means he's worth at the very least what gorges got.

PK is not top 50 though, he's easily IMO a top 30, reasoning behind that is that there is atleast one team out there where he would be their number 1 so at the very least he's top 30.

Kronwall and Pitkannen are 29 and 30 on the list making 4.5M

There is no way whatsoever that PK should be making less than 4.5M$

Closed Thread