HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

RobR [Made some stuff up]

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 09:18 AM
gordie

vCash: 500
This can't even be compared to the stupidity of Mark Madden saying the Pens should trade Scott Harrington to get Sergei Gonchar back because the Pens are a "Now" team.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:25 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
In lastnights game he's #4 or 5 in Dman icetime. I don't think he's getting top pairing minutes.
Didn't check the TOI stats. But I do remember him playing with Pietrangelo especially early in the game. That's their biggest need.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:27 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
I've always had the impression they think Despres could be that partner for Letang. At least that's how Bylsma is always talking about it.
I got the feeling Letang wasn't a fan of being paired with Despres. He can't play his game when Despres is iffy in his own end. If that can change, Niskanen can bring us a linemate for Sid. If he stays solid this season, another Neal IMO.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I got the feeling Letang wasn't a fan of being paired with Despres. He can't play his game when Despres is iffy in his own end. If that can change, Niskanen can bring us a linemate for Sid. If he stays solid this season, another Neal IMO.
I kinda thought they were looking at Morrow as Letang's future partner but it seems to change depending on who's discussing it.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Wes C Addle
Mookie Blaylock

I like Rossi, it's nice to be reminded that completely incompetent people can still hold actual jobs in this country for reasons unbeknownst to anyone. How this guy hack got a degree in journalism though is a complete mystery. He must've went to Devry.

I will say it's going to be an interesting 2 horse race to the bottom of the barrel between him and Dejan though, my money is on the wiley veteran to scrape it first.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:32 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Calgary is a Pipedream. Last minute deadline Hossa type deal.

Minnesota makes alot of sense. Root for their rookies to play well this year.

As for the Blues. I doubt they'll change things unless they're getting a sure fire upgrade for Pietrangelo. Niskanen playing well with Letang has a deal written all over it. Especially if Despres builds on his last game and becomes reliable in his end.

Biggest question would be, is Despres a part of our longterm plans here. And does the coaching staff believe Niskanen can/should be a longterm partner for Letang.
I think the answer to that is 'not necessarily' and 'no'.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:33 AM
JTG

I don't think putting Letang with Morrow would be the best idea, not that it's a bad one, but they sort of play similar games.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:35 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Serious Man View Post
Looks like we're trading a top six winger for a promising defensive prospect.

Josh Yohe is alright.
I wouldn't put that past Shero.

Seriously, living in Dallas, I remember when the Gologoski for Neal and Niskanen deal went down. 'Source' in Pittsburgh swore the morning of the deal that nothing was happening, that nothing was imminent. 'Sources' (the old Dallas Dave twitter is one I remember) said in the morning that Neal had been move to Pittsburgh and that Gologoski was coming the other way.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:36 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
In lastnights game he's #4 or 5 in Dman icetime. I don't think he's getting top pairing minutes.
And I believe that last night's game was his first of the season.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:36 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
This can't even be compared to the stupidity of Mark Madden saying the Pens should trade Scott Harrington to get Sergei Gonchar back because the Pens are a "Now" team.
Have faith in Rossi. He can top that.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:40 AM
One87

Ottawa is dying for a top 4 defenceman. They are forward heavy, too. The downside is thst it wouldn't likely be a seasoned forward. Too bad Philly is who they are because they lack talent on the backend and do have more established forwards than Ottawa.

I just wish they'd solve this in-house by moving Tangradi and bringing Bennett up and leaving TK on the 3rd line where he has looked great.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Whaaaaaat about Despres for Clowe & Murray. Lock it up.
Overpayment. We should get a 2nd round pick in that deal also. RR is a genius; I wish I could think as clearly as he does. From now on I'm referring to him as RR so people talking about him doesn't generate Google rank and ultimately more searches and page hits. See what happens when you think??

Old
01-25-2013, 09:52 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by One87 View Post
Ottawa is dying for a top 4 defenceman. They are forward heavy, too. The downside is thst it wouldn't likely be a seasoned forward. Too bad Philly is who they are because they lack talent on the backend and do have more established forwards than Ottawa.

I just wish they'd solve this in-house by moving Tangradi and bringing Bennett up and leaving TK on the 3rd line where he has looked great.
Does that solve the problem?

EDIT: And, don't forget Sid's bigger problem.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:54 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Overpayment. We should get a 2nd round pick in that deal also. RR is a genius; I wish I could think as clearly as he does. From now on I'm referring to him as RR so people talking about him doesn't generate Google rank and page hits. See what happens when you think??
I'll be you Joe Vitale knows of the Pens trade plans. Whether anyone told him or not, he knows . . .

Old
01-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Yeah, I think the bigger problem is finding a primary winger for Sid. The Pens should be able to find a 3rd wheel for Malkin and Neal for a relatively low cost around the deadline if they can't fill that hole from within before that.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
Well this is under the assumption Despres' game will improve as he plays more in the league, which it will.

And Nisky won't bring that kind of return. He doesn't do one thing great enough to make him a really attractive piece (i.e. score, hit).

Old
01-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I'll bet you Joe Vitale knows of the Pens trade plans. . . .
Not only that, no trade can be processed without the approval of the Virtuous One. So yah, of course he knows. He's Joe.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:13 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Yeah, I think the bigger problem is finding a primary winger for Sid. The Pens should be able to find a 3rd wheel for Malkin and Neal for a relatively low cost around the deadline if they can't fill that hole from within before that.
As I like to say, a second wheel for Sid is a must (and a third wheel for Geno is a need) if the Pens are to be a true cup favorite.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
If Wade Redden is playing top pairing minutes with Pietrangelo, I still have hope we can nab one of the Blues' wingers. Keep Despres up and hope he can showcase to GMs his unique skillset.
The Blues are a really deep hockey team, I don't think they move anyone and will be buyers. They have a great shot at the Cup this year

Old
01-25-2013, 10:18 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
The Blues are a really deep hockey team, I don't think they move anyone and will be buyers. They have a great shot at the Cup this year
The Blues lack depth on the blueline and have relatively little long term depth, and their buying is limited by their budget.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Hottubber

Quote:
As I like to say, a second wheel for Sid is a must (and a third wheel for Geno is a need) if the Pens are to be a true cup favorite.
That kinda depends on the winger they get for Crosby. If the guy is a real stud, that might be enough for Sid. That allows Kunitz to slide back down to Malkins line

Old
01-25-2013, 10:20 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
That kinda depends on the winger they get for Crosby. If the guy is a real stud, that might be enough for Sid. That allows Kunitz to slide back down to Malkins line
Corey Perry, yeah. Iginla? Maybe.

I still think Kunitz-Sid-Iggy and Kumy-Geno-Neal (with Cooke-Sutter-Duper as a shut down line) has a much better ring than a lineup with Dupuis in the top six.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
The Blues lack depth on the blueline and have relatively little long term depth, and their buying is limited by their budget.
But I just don't see them trading a forward for a D, if they pick up depth I can see it being a deadline move and trade picks away

Old
01-25-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Has anyone ever seen Rossi and Hanowski together?

If the Pens talk to the Blues, I think they can put together something for Perron or Steen. I just hoping its not Andy McDonald.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:24 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
But I just don't see them trading a forward for a D, if they pick up depth I can see it being a deadline move and trade picks away
Perhaps. Perhaps most likely. Depends on how the next two months play out. I just wouldn't rule out a bottom six forward being moved, because at least one of their bottom six has trade value as a top six in a place like Pittsburgh.

Closed Thread