HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks 3, Stars 2 (OT) - "Flying High Again" Edition

Old
01-25-2013, 09:06 AM
CapitalistInfidel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Maybe, just maybe, if everyone stopped responding to him and put him on ignore it would be like he did not exist and we could all get back to real discussion without the sideshow.
I'm fairly new here, how do you put someone on "ignore?"

CapitalistInfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:08 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

I didn't watch the game last night, but just read through the GDT. All of you people who overreact about everything need to chill out. After looking at the box score it became pretty evident that the Hawks controlled the game. If you retread thru that thread, a lot of you will feel really stupid saying its over after being down 2-0 in the second.

Yes, I know I saw the result and didn't watch the game so I am seeing things in hindsight, but I'd you retread that thread you will realize just how whiny and childish the overreactions are. The GDTs would be so much more enjoyable if there were hope in all of them and not so much "omg were gonna lose cuz were down 2-0 with 30(?) minutes left". Hawks had been dominating the game and controlling the pace of it based on reading that thread and the box score.

Just aome thoughts for everyone. We were 3-0 going in and 90% of the posrs were "we're done" and "we're going nowhere this year". Just reread that thread from start to finish and youll have a different perspective on how we as a fanbase sound on these forums. There were barely any people who thiught we Had a chance after falling behind 1-0 and even fewer after being behind 2-0. Youre never out of it with the big names we have on our team, we should act like that.

I'll be watching the game either tonight or tomorrow before that game.

TorMenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalistInfidel View Post
Click on the poster's name and a list should come up. In that list is the ignore feature; just click on that and the user will be set to ignore.

Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:09 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Click on their username, just above their avatar... a drop down menu will populate. It's the very last option on the drop down menu.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:40 AM
CapitalistInfidel

Thanks Kurtosis and RayP. I was getting sick of reading that guy. I don't believe for a second he's a Hawk fan.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:43 AM
RayP

Quote:
Thanks Kurtosis and RayP. I was getting sick of reading that guy. I don't believe for a second he's a Hawk fan.
That seems to be a trend with a handful of posters around here, so get use to it...

Old
01-25-2013, 09:45 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Not that I know anything about the guy, but he seems like he's a Blackhawk fan by association.

The same way that some of us are "IceHogs fans."

It's pretty easy to dump on your secondary team.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:57 AM
crazyhawk

So what will it be?
Emery vs CBJ and Crawford vs Detroit?

crazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhawk View Post
So what will it be?
Emery vs CBJ and Crawford vs Detroit?
Yeah, I think that is what it has to be.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
So Luongo is our saviour.
Link me to where I said that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
I guess you missed the 2009, 2010 and 2011 NHL playoffs where us and the Bruins just lit his ass up and won 2 cups while doing it.
Irrelevant considering it has nothing to do with this year, sadly.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Martini.. just.. Ugh.

Yes, lets go out and get an overpaid goaltender who's only been out of the 2nd round ONCE in his career. Oh, and while were at it, lets trade Patrick Sharp because we're not going to be able to afford him and keep any kind of depth. And lets do this all for a guy we've seen give up softie after softie against our very own Blackhawks and choke away a Stanley Cup ring, after calling out the goalie on the opposing team who was outplaying him in every game.

Yeah.. I really, really want Roberto Lolongo. He's so good. Ah, soo good.
What does years past have to do with this year?

Old
01-25-2013, 10:11 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
If the past is irrelevant, then why do you want Crawford gone. If this year is all that matters, then we have an undefeated goalie with some of the best numbers in the league.

TorMenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:12 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
In that case, Crawford's last year is also irrelevant. We've got a goalie who is 3-0 with a .923 and a GAA under 2,

WHY WOULD ANYONE CONSIDER REPLACING THAT?????

You make me laff.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:12 AM
CapitalistInfidel

Quote:
Yeah, I think that is what it has to be.
I'm not so sure, this is going to be awfully weird to say but Columbus might just be better than Detroit. Or at the least they're pretty similar so far in this early season. I wouldn't mind Crawford starting both games cause they get a few days rest before flying out to Minnesota.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:19 AM
crazyhawk

Quote:
I'm not so sure, this is going to be awfully weird to say but Columbus might just be better than Detroit. Or at the least they're pretty similar so far in this early season. I wouldn't mind Crawford starting both games cause they get a few days rest before flying out to Minnesota.
Yeah Columbus and Detroit may be similar at the moment but with the way the team is playing even if Emery lets in a few softies they should be able to score more to grab the win and thusly give Crawford a more balanced schedule. it's all about pacing themselves this year. Emery needs to get some game time in to hopefully get him up to some semblance of performace unless of course there is an intention to bring in another be it Karlsson or whomever?

crazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
If the past is irrelevant, then why do you want Crawford gone.
Maybe becasue there is a huge difference in skill level between Crawford and Luongo, perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
If this year is all that matters, then we have an undefeated goalie with some of the best numbers in the league.
The numbers are a mirage considering the situation of the league. Craig Anderson also has a .976 SVP that he obviously wont keep up in pertaining. Does that suddenly make him great?

Old
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
In that case, Crawford's last year is also irrelevant. We've got a goalie who is 3-0 with a .923 and a GAA under 2,

WHY WOULD ANYONE CONSIDER REPLACING THAT?????

You make me laff.
Maybe because he is one of thw worst goalies in the league, parhaps?

Old
01-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
I still believe Columbus is the worst team in the division. Corey looks like he is going to be the goalie moving forward and any chance the Hawks get to give him rest and play Emery against sub-par teams needs to be taken.

Even though Corey will get some rest those minutes still add up over the course of the season. Best not to burn him out with the tight schedule this season.

Oh, and guys, please stop quoting M. It hurts my head.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:21 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Maybe because he is one of thw worst goalies in the league, parhaps?
Based on what?

That's right...last year's stars that you have already thrown out as irrelevant. Not really helping your argument here....

I'll say it again: Martini, you aren't any good at this.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:23 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhawk View Post
Yeah Columbus and Detroit may be similar at the moment but with the way the team is playing even if Emery lets in a few softies they should be able to score more to grab the win and thusly give Crawford a more balanced schedule. it's all about pacing themselves this year. Emery needs to get some game time in to hopefully get him up to some semblance of performace unless of course there is an intention to bring in another be it Karlsson or whomever?
I was actually about to post the same thing. Wiz is healthy, who we missed a handful of times last year. I think it will depend which goalie we face. If it's Mason, we'll drop 5 easily, if it's Bobrovsky, he might be able to keep them in the game a bit longer.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Based on what?

That's right...last year's stars that you have already thrown out as irrelevant. Not really helping your argument here....

I'll say it again: Martini, you aren't any good at this.
Yes, that soft as butter flub he had in the first period didnt change a thing about how dramatic his skill set suddenly jumped upward.

And in the immortal words of Kurt Kobain, I am not the only one;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I doubt Bowman does anything about #3 center with Danault seemingly getting close to Chicago. The position that could/should be upgraded is goaltending. The Hawks have some nice prospects they could dangle out there to get a good goaltender in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Why should we forget about trying to fix our biggest weakness?

Crawford's been playing good enough to win, but he's still the weakest link on this team.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:24 AM
CapitalistInfidel

Quote:
I still believe Columbus is the worst team in the division. Corey looks like he is going to be the goalie moving forward and any chance the Hawks get to give him rest and play Emery against sub-par teams needs to be taken.

Even though Corey will get some rest those minutes still add up over the course of the season. Best not to burn him out with the tight schedule this season.

Oh, and guys, please stop quoting M. It hurts my head.
I guess since they're 4-0 it won't hurt to give Emery a start but boy was he bad against Phoenix. I bet if the Hawks were 2-2 or even 3-1 they would start Crawford both games just because there are few days off before their next game. If it was an "every other day game" then most definitely you give Emery the start.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:27 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Yes, that soft as butter flub he had in the first period didnt change a thing about how dramatic his skill set suddenly jumped upward.
Because Luongo has NEVER given up a soft goal

Old
01-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
I guess since they're 4-0 it won't hurt to give Emery a start but boy was he bad against Phoenix. I bet if the Hawks were 2-2 or even 3-1 they would start Crawford both games just because there are few days off before their next game. If it was an "every other day game" then most definitely you give Emery the start.
I have faith that the Hawks can score enough against the Bluejackets that Emery in goal wont be an issue.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Because Luongo has NEVER given up a soft goal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I doubt Bowman does anything about #3 center with Danault seemingly getting close to Chicago. The position that could/should be upgraded is goaltending. The Hawks have some nice prospects they could dangle out there to get a good goaltender in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Why should we forget about trying to fix our biggest weakness?

Crawford's been playing good enough to win, but he's still the weakest link on this team.