HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 7.0 - Great with computers

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 10:29 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
So Myers is on a bad contract after one year? C'mon now...

And Subban isn't Myers either. I'm confident he'll keep on improving.
Sabres fans were confident in Myers too... should go ask them now if they're still that confident.

and like someone else said, Alzner was supposed to become a true #1 D, so was Carlson...

I dont know if you watched last game but...

Old
01-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
The 50th highest paid D in the league right now is gorges at 3.9M$ according to capgeek.com

PK is better than Gorges so by my logic, that means he's worth at the very least what gorges got.

PK is not top 50 though, he's easily IMO a top 30, reasoning behind that is that there is atleast one team out there where he would be their number 1 so at the very least he's top 30.

Kronwall and Pitkannen are 29 and 30 on the list making 4.5M

There is no way whatsoever that PK should be making less than 4.5M$
Your logic is bad, because you compare the Subban's value, an RFA, with all others defensemen with UFA years in their contract, as Gorges...

Old
01-25-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
that's exactly what most thought of Myers contract...
Tyler Myers is Tyler Myers...he's not PK Subban

I could find many players who continued to improve after signing a big deal..we could do this all day.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:31 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Tyler Myers is Tyler Myers...he's not PK Subban

I could find many players who continued to improve after signing a big deal..we could do this all day.
yes you could, same for those who didnt improve much. Shows how stupid it is to say (like it was guaranteed or something) that a 5 MIl he'll be a bargain.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Your logic is bad, because you compare the Subban's value, an RFA, with all others defensemen with UFA years in their contract, as Gorges...
Your logic is bad. You assume being RFA gives you the right to low-ball him until he reaches UFA status. Truth is, when you have a star talent, you lock him up long term and pay him his true worth. Look at what Benn got. I'd be impressed if you could find any Stars fan complaining right now.

"Oh noes, he's so overpaid! Should have traded him for Strome and Reinhart!!!!"

Give me a break. Subban is worth his 5M and should be paid accordingly. Give him his long term contract and call it a day. The longer this drags out, the worst it will get for Subban coming back into the team, and the lower his trade value gets. Just get it over with.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:32 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

More charity work from Subban which usually goes unnoticed because of his "attitude".

Nice of him doing this since its going for a great cause.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=652396

Quote:
While restricted free agent defenseman P.K. Subban awaits his fate with the Montreal Canadiens for the upcoming season, he plans on doing some charity work for a great cause on Saturday in New Haven, Conn.

The Yale women's ice hockey team will dedicate Saturday's game against Colgate at Ingalls Rink to the late Mandi Schwartz (1988-2011), the Yale Bulldogs center who passed away in April 2011 after battling cancer for over two years.

Sam Rubin, head of public relations at Yale University, told NHL.com that Subban is scheduled to attend the game (4 p.m. ET), unless he signs a new contract. Subban will help out by signing autographs in exchange for donations to the Mandi Schwartz Foundation.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Franked

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
It is over IMO. The online resume, even in jest, is a slap in the face while negotiations are going on. Not to mention it is a resume for other "companies" that he wants to work for. I want Bergevin to make a commercial as well!

GM: "PK, we have found your company"

Cut to the state tourist commercial for Tennessee...

Dancing with devils is not very clever PK
You du realize that the video was made during the lockout, and has nothing to do with the current negotiations, right?

Old
01-25-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Because he is still not a leader in the room. When you spend this kind of money, you have to give it to your leaders. Subban is not, for the moment, that's the reason...
There's a leadership group, PK hopefully one day will grow into that leadership group...it's ok if he's not a part of it now, I don't think he's technically supposed to be.

This has nothing to do with if they should sign him to a long term deal...

and for the record...I am neiter for nor against a long term deal or a bridge contract. I'm just in favor of a resolution to this matter, no matter what it is.

I just find that the team is sending mixed signals...they think enough of PK Subban to entrust him with the most difficult minutes and most difficult assignments, yet at the same time, they want to wait before giving him a payday because they want to see him grow??

It doesn't add up to me...

Old
01-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Lebowski

Quote:
yes you could, same for those who didnt improve much. Shows how stupid it is to say (like it was guaranteed or something) that a 5 MIl he'll be a bargain.
AT THE MOMENT, 5M/year would be fair value for Subban, so not sure what you're complaining about. What makes it even better is when you factor his potential and THAT could make his 5M/year contract turn out into a bargain soon enough.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Sabres fans were confident in Myers too... should go ask them now if they're still that confident.

and like someone else said, Alzner was supposed to become a true #1 D, so was Carlson...

I dont know if you watched last game but
So are you suggesting that if the Caps had signed Carlsson to a bridge contract...he would of played better last night?

Give me a break

Old
01-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
So, he may very well not be a bargain, I see.
P.K. is talent. He won't be a Gomez like players in 2-3 years...at 26...

Quote:
that's exactly what most thought of Myers contract...
Myers is on a bad contract now ? He's 22 and has a career avg of 40 points per season.. How is that bad ?

Old
01-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Your logic is bad. You assume being RFA gives you the right to low-ball him until he reaches UFA status. Truth is, when you have a star talent, you lock him up long term and pay him his true worth. Look at what Benn got. I'd be impressed if you could find any Stars fan complaining right now.

"Oh noes, he's so overpaid! Should have traded him for Strome and Reinhart!!!!"

Give me a break. Subban is worth his 5M and should be paid accordingly. Give him his long term contract and call it a day. The longer this drags out, the worst it will get for Subban coming back into the team, and the lower his trade value gets. Just get it over with.
We will see for Been in next years. It seems to be a good contract, but we don't know the future...

Look at Myers and Carlsson, Sabres and Capitals fans are complaining right now, but were very happy just when they signed... 2 young promising talent D as Subban, and now disappointing since they received big contract... no?

Old
01-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
In order to be successful with the cap you have to take chances like that, our team isn't going to contend in the next 2 years but in 3 years who knows.. I'd rather him have a higher cap hit (making $5-5.5 million the next 5 years) than have him making something like $4 million the next two years and then signing for over $7 million after his stupid "bridge contract".
Subban will never worth more than 6.5 millions. The only way Subban will be worthy of a 7 milions contract is if he produces 65 points and more per year.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I love how people think it's guaranteed he'll get better. Just like it was guaranteed Alzner and Carlson would get better and be the next great pairing. There's reason for reluctance. If players simply trended upwards with experience, Ovechkin and Crosby would be scoring 200 points a season by now. I think it's best for a bridge contract.
Alzner makes just over 1M and you're talking about a defensive Dman.
Carlson, his contract is similar to Gorges, not sure what the problem is.

It's not like they suck either.

Crosby, his play has improved over the years. Not sure who ever thought Crosby or Ovi would ever score 200pts, or even 150. Scoring more points isn't the only way to improve you know.
Ovechkin is a mystery, but the leadership in Washington was always questioned. Furthermore, most people predicted Ovi was gonna either have to change his style of game because he would either get injured quickly, or tire out fast. Can't play that fast pace-hit-everybody game and have a long career. Impossible.
His contract is ridiculous though, but so is Weber's and he's the best Dman in the NHL imo.

Nothing is a sure bet in life, but why exactly would PK regress?
In Ovechkin's case, rumors are he's been showing up completely out of shape for the past couple years. PK is a work horse, kid is all about training and practicing hard. To the point where even some of his teammates can't handle his intensity during practices (Plek-DD shoving matches). I doubt PK would come into camp as a fat ass and sit on a 5year contract.

What do you think, will PK be better in 2years, the same, or worse? If better, than going with longer years might be the best idea.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Stupid huh? Wouldn't that mean you saying the opposite is just as true...

Call me stupid for believing in one of our players...so be it

Old
01-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
P.K. is talent. He won't be a Gomez like players in 2-3 years...at 26...

Myers is on a bad contract now ? He's 22 and has a career avg of 40 points per season.. How is that bad ?
12 million dollar a year for Myers, it's indecent. He is no longer the same since...

Old
01-25-2013, 10:40 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Stupid huh? Wouldn't that mean you saying the opposite is just as true...

Call me stupid for believing in one of our players...so be it
I'm starting to think his "20 mins of Darche" is actually what he wants and not a sarcastic jest.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:40 AM
sharks9

Quote:
guaranteed ?
Dumb argument. Nothing is ever guaranteed. But with his current progression is it the likeliest outcome? 100% yes.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Lebowski

Quote:
We will see for Been in next years. It seems to be a good contract, but we don't know the future...

Look at Myers and Carlsson, Sabres and Capitals fans are complaining right now, but were very happy just when they signed... 2 young promising talent D as Subban, and now disappointing since they received big contract... no?
Wasn't aware about that.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Yeah it worries me too. Holding out like that has never been good for any player historically. And if there is truth to him rubbing guys the wrong way the longer it goes the harder it will be for him to integrate the group.
Like who?
Yashin and Radulov? Does guys chose not to honor contracts. In those cases, ya, they won't get sympathy.
But others that held out like Dryden or Doughty, because they felt they were worth more than what they were being offered, they never rubbed guys the wrong way.

I mean, especially this year, after the players went through a lockout and missed half the year because they wanted to stick to their guns and get their fair value. Now that one of their own does the same for his personal contract, they're gonna hold it against him?? That would be very hypocritical, and stupid.
Like I said, it's not like he's refusing to respect a current deal in place. He's unsigned.
I don't see why this would rub his teammates, that just fought the same battle except on a larger scale, the wrong way.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:47 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
No way.....He needs to sign the transition contract like the rest of the guys.
Price is MUCH MUCH more important to this team then Subban!
Price signed a two year deal proved he wasn't a bad egg and worthy of a big long term deal....

Let Subban earn his deal which he HAS NOT done!

If we go by players comments he's not a very liked person in the dressing room and really what has he done for Montreal?

PP sucked with him leading it the last two years (can't hit the net)
He's a **** disturber in his own room

Let him mature and prove he's worthy of the big contract and Montreal will give it to him...Otherwise trade him for a young power forward (too bad Jamie Benn is signed with Dallas)
I agree 100% Subban needs to take the 2 year deal just as Price and Max did and deal with it. It should be about the team now and then get his payday after that. Not to mention Kaberle and Markov will both be gone by that time esuring PK is the man on the blueline. If I am Bergevin I tell PK this is it you sign or sit at home an we will talk again this summer.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:53 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I agree 100% Subban needs to take the 2 year deal just as Price and Max did and deal with it. It should be about the team now and then get his payday after that. Not to mention Kaberle and Markov will both be gone by that time esuring PK is the man on the blueline. If I am Bergevin I tell PK this is it you sign or sit at home an we will talk again this summer.
Then Subban demands a trade and we get nowhere close to his actual value in return...

Old
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
if you sign PK long term, you're getting UFA years

Old
Kriss E

Quote:
It's an opinion based on a personal opinion of a player. How is it stupid?
There is no guarantee about any player, should we simply sign every player to 1-2y deals? Because even if they do improve, maybe they'll suffer an important injury, there's no guarantee after all.
Really, seems like you're arguing for the sake of it at this point.

Where do you think PK will be at in 2 years? Better than today? Same? Worse?

Old
01-25-2013, 10:59 AM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franked View Post
You du realize that the video was made during the lockout, and has nothing to do with the current negotiations, right?
Oh, before he refused to sign was before the lockout this time! I get it now! Thank you!

Closed Thread