HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RobR [Made some stuff up]

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Has anyone ever seen Rossi and Hanowski together?

If the Pens talk to the Blues, I think they can put together something for Perron or Steen. I just hoping its not Andy McDonald.
Perron would be a great pick up, he was also just extended by the Blues, not sure if they would move him but Perron and Stewart would be my choices from the Blues

Old
01-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Hottubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Corey Perry, yeah. Iginla? Maybe.

I still think Kunitz-Sid-Iggy and Kumy-Geno-Neal (with Cooke-Sutter-Duper as a shut down line) has a much better ring than a lineup with Dupuis in the top six.
I agree with you but can you realistically see Shero bringing in 2 top 6 forwards?

Despres + Tangradi + Pick or Despres + TK is a decent package IMO

Old
01-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Perhaps. Perhaps most likely. Depends on how the next two months play out. I just wouldn't rule out a bottom six forward being moved, because at least one of their bottom six has trade value as a top six in a place like Pittsburgh.
I hope you're right Kirk cause we could definitely use the help up front, Perron and Stewart would be my targets from the Blues

Old
01-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Hottubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Perron would be a great pick up, he was also just extended by the Blues, not sure if they would move him but Perron and Stewart would be my choices from the Blues
Perron has always been a guy I have liked. Watched him around the Memorial Cup and leading up to the draft. He is a guy I see Bennet having a lot of similarities to. He would be a nice addition to the top 6.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:29 AM
mpp9

Quote:
But I just don't see them trading a forward for a D, if they pick up depth I can see it being a deadline move and trade picks away
I don't understand. Of course they're not sellers. But if they want a partner for Pietrangelo, it's going to cost them a top 6 forward. They have the depth to do it.

Just as we have a rotation of stopgap solutions in the top 6, the Blues are doing the same on Pietrangelo's pairing.

And Niskanen can absolutely bring back a top 6 forward if he keeps playing like he has. Especially when he is showing he can play top pairing minutes with a #1. Can play the left side. Play the point on your 2nd PP unit. That sounds alot like what the blues want. Add in he's on a good contract and won't break the bank for them when he resigns.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:29 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Stewart, I believe, is on their third line, but isn't Perron getting top six minutes?

Old
01-25-2013, 10:31 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
I agree with you but can you realistically see Shero bringing in 2 top 6 forwards?

Despres + Tangradi + Pick or Despres + TK is a decent package IMO
No, I can't see Shero doing that.

Strike that. In 2008, he brought in Hossa and Dupuis (two wingers for Sid). In 2009, he brought in Kunitz and Guerin (two wingers for Sid).

Fast, someone slide Kunitz back with Geno and Neal, because maybe he'll bring in two wingers for Sid again.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Hottubber

Quote:
Stewart, I believe, is on their third line, but isn't Perron getting top six minutes?
I thought he was playing 2nd line with Backes but I could be wrong. Your definitely right about being top 6.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:33 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I don't understand. Of course they're not sellers. But if they want a partner for Pietrangelo, it's going to cost them a top 6 forward. They have the depth to do it.

Just as we have a rotation of stopgap solutions in the top 6, the Blues are doing the same on Pietrangelo's pairing.

And Niskanen can absolutely bring back a top 6 forward if he keeps playing like he has. Especially when he is showing he can play top pairing minutes with a #1. Can play the left side. Play the point on your 2nd PP unit. That sounds alot like what the blues want. Add in he's on a good contract and won't break the bank for them when he resigns.
Not entirely sure on that, but I could see Stewart getting moved depending upon how he's playing and how Tarasenko holds up and how their defense looks in a month or two.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
I think he is but might as well make it a big move for us

Old
01-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Hottubber

Quote:
Not entirely sure on that, but I could see Stewart getting moved depending upon how he's playing and how Tarasenko holds up and how their defense looks in a month or two.
would you do Despres for Stewart straight?

Old
01-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:

They can get that player at the deadline for prospects and picks and make a run at the Cup with a solid offensive lineup

Old
01-25-2013, 10:40 AM
KIRK

Quote:
They can get that player at the deadline for prospects and picks and make a run at the Cup with a solid offensive lineup
And they probably will.

Only catch is that they don't have much organizational depth defensively outside their top roster guys. And, they're a team on a budget with a lot of next contracts coming due soon.

Odds are that Armstrong goes the rental route and makes his deals with guys like Stewart this summer. But, it's not impossible to think that he might not do it if the right deal becomes available this year.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:41 AM
mpp9

Quote:
They didn't last year. Top 4 D-men are a premium asset.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Yeah he is but they're so deep and Tarasenko looks so good that I would hope that they would take one of the Pens bottom 6 and a prospect. That 3rd liner would fill their role a little more and they can shift a player like Steen up to the 2nd line.

Another idea is going after a prospect like Rattie.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:45 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

I see Shero giving up Niskanen + Tangradi for Stewart OR Despres + Tangradi for Stewart.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:46 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

Eh, Niskanen straight up won't get you anything special. He's a good Dman, just not a sexy trade asset. Some teams might not want him in the top 4 either, which honestly I think is a valid opinion. Not everyone has a Letang to pair him with.

Again, I wouldn't be moving roster players if I were the Blues. Why? They're a great team. Maybe a depth move at the deadline, that's it.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:48 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
would you do Despres for Stewart straight?
I would right now. I doubt that they would until the summer.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:49 AM
mpp9

The Blues have a Letang. His name's Pietrangelo.

People still don't buy Niskanen is a top 4 guy. Guess it'll take more games to convince the naysayers.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:51 AM
WhoDaresWins
HFBoards Sponsor

I know this is kind of a late answer regarding Letang's preference for a partner. I don't think he's comfortable with Despres and to me, has shown some chemistry with Morrow. But, if this article is any indication...he's more than happy with Nisky as his partner. Quotes from Kris and the coaches ... they're both really happy with the pairing.

Quote:
Niskanen now might remain with Letang, especially if the star has any say.

“It took me a moment to adjust to his game because he’s right-handed and I haven’t played with any right-handed guys in a while,” Letang said. “But I’m really happy playing with him. Very comfortable.”
Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#ixzz2J0SZai00

Old
01-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Cspeirs4

Two words for next Neal type of deal: Blake Wheeler. 2.55m cap hit, RFA at end of season. Would be perfect fit on 87's line; great speed, good set of hands, get gritty against the opponents D, somewhat physical. A lot like Neal actually but with a right handed shot. Might be hard to pry out of Winnipeg though.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:54 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:

People still don't buy Niskanen is a top 4 guy. Guess it'll take more games to convince the naysayers.
If anything Niskanen's play makes Martin eventually available. Assuming both play well this year and you could get something for Martin. Or he sucks, which seems less and less likely from his play this year, and you buy him out. From an asset management point of view it makes a world of sense IF some of the younger players become NHL ready this summer.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:55 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
I see Shero giving up Niskanen + Tangradi for Stewart OR Despres + Tangradi for Stewart.
With Petro, Shattenkirk, Cole, Russell, and Berglund ALSO as impending RFA's (for a team with a budget), the immediate emergence of Tarasenko, and a **** load of offensive talent throughout the rest of their organization, I see Stewart as the expendable guy.

I still don't know about now. I still agree that a rental and then moving Stewart over the summer is a lot more likely.

I don't see why in the world the Blues ever would have interest in Tangradi. IF it were me and I were the Blues making an in season move with Stewart, I'd be interested in TK, Niskanen, and one of Maata or Harrington. You get a body to replace Stewart. You add depth to the defense right now and have a cap friendly deal for him where four of your defensive starters are RFA's (maybe even upgrade it a little). And, you get a defensive prospect of the caliber that is in relatively short supply in your organization.

Still don't see it, but not inconceivable.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:55 AM
mpp9

Quote:
I would right now. I doubt that they would until the summer.
I'm not following the narrative. I think they want playoff success now. Their biggest need is a partner for Pietrangelo. I think they'll move a forward to make it happen. Whether we have that D-man or not, we'll see.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:56 AM
gordie

Quote:

I'd would say that it is possible that Niskanen is a top 4 because when he broke into the NHL, Dallas had him paired up with Sergei Zubov in 2007-2008 and really considered him a future star on defense. So this begs the question, why doesn't this coaching staff stick him with Orpik, Martin or Letang and just leave him there?

Closed Thread