HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maple Leafs look like a team lacking in desire to band together

Old
01-25-2013, 10:19 AM
leafspring*

vCash: 500
Phaneuf was already blowing the game for us with undisciplined play.So why would we need more undisciplined play i'm wondering. Hey if Phaneup wants to cheap shot Tavares then climb out of your turtle shell DION.

Carkner was doin his job,and a justified response too. The captain ran,and if not for Kostka would have got a good lickin lol.

Cox knows full well we will be here going over this,but 100% of the posters here have more credability on these boards than he does. Phaneuf is responsible for not leading the team properly last night.

Thats the worst display of captaincy i've seen from him here. Terrible to the most basic of principles that he couldn't even control his own game,let alone lead anyone else's game.

He deserved a goin over by Orr not carkner for that display.

Last edited by leafspring*: 01-25-2013 at 10:26 AM.
leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
Phaneuf was already blowing the game for us with undisciplined play.So why would we need more undisciplined play i'm wondering. Hey if Phaneup wants to cheap shot Tavares then climb out of your turtle shell DION.

Carkner was doin his job,and a justified response too. The captain ran,and if not for Kostka would have got a good lickin lol.

Cox knows full well we will be here going over this,but 100% of the posters here have more credability on these boards than he does. Phaneuf is responsible for not leading the team properly last night.

Thats the worst display of captaincy i've seen from him here. Terrible to the most basic of principles that he couldn't even control his own game,let alone lead anyone else's game.

He deserved a goin over by Orr not carkner for that display.
So getting his ass beat down by Carkner would have been a good idea? Because it wouldn't have been a fight, it would have been a beating. I don't mind Dion fighting, but not the likes of Carkner or Scott.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Clark4Ever

Fatigue is the only logical explanation for Phaneuf's Jekyll and Hyde act.

He played his best hockey in a Leaf uniform for the first 3 games of the season and followed it up with possibly his worst performance ever last night.

I don't think he became useless overnight.

As for Cox's article, he's magnifying the incident that took place and sensationalizing headlines because it sells.

Clark4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:39 AM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIE20 View Post
If anything, Gardiner knows better than to pick a fight with a bigger player.
No kidding. If Gardiner is dumb enough to challenge the likes of Lucic to a scrap, he deserves everything that's coming to him. There's really no point of him doing that when he can just skate circles around him during the game.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:40 AM
SteveV*

Oh great the opining of a BITTER Leafs reporter. Have you noticed most of these guys are miserable?

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:48 AM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
So getting his ass beat down by Carkner would have been a good idea? Because it wouldn't have been a fight, it would have been a beating. I don't mind Dion fighting, but not the likes of Carkner or Scott.
No, just exaggerating a point. He slammed Tavares,stopped looked at him,seen the trouble brewing,coughed up the puck in panic. A real warrior.Get ready,and suck it up if your going to pull that off because,its coming,and he caused that,and all kinds of other break downs.He was pi$$ed,and lost his composure to the detriment of the whole team.

He played like a moron,and drug everyone down with it. His defense was horrible.Positional play was impossible to work with,running around uh.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Critique the post, not the poster. Any further insults towards posters will results in infractions.

01-25-2013, 10:52 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
I've been saying the same thing for a while.

We're going no where with those two as the most important players.
With that I agree. Just think the article was crap.

And since I have promised my self to be more positive about Kessel and Dion this season I will leave it at that.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
No, just exaggerating a point. He slammed Tavares,stopped looked at him,seen the trouble brewing,coughed up the puck in panic. A real warrior.Get ready,and suck it up if your going to pull that off because,its coming,and he caused that,and all kinds of other break downs.He was pi$$ed,and lost his composure to the detriment of the whole team.

He played like a moron,and drug everyone down with it. His defense was horrible.Positional play was impossible to work with,running around uh.
So Dion is the only reason we lost? I'm pretty sure it was the piss poor effort from the whole team after the end of the 1st.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Bronze Yohn Royce

Quote:
Solid use of the word drug! I just read the box score. What did Kadri get the roughing penalty for?

Bronze Yohn Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Ramboshaw

Is it just me or is Nazem Kadri really starting to step up on the ice and off the ice as a leader? After every game he has spoken to the media, and while I get that that isn't saying much, it's good to see that he is taking on a certain role with the Leafs. Proud of this kid.

Ramboshaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:56 AM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

Wait, you mean, an expected bottom 5 team is now a shockingly low 2-2? SKY IS FALLING

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:08 AM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bPr0 View Post
What did Kadri get the roughing penalty for?
Giving a little lovetap to the back of Cizikas's helm after Frattin nailed him along the boards.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:17 AM
The Beyonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
There is still an unwritten 'code' to the game.

Dion going after Brayden Schenn while Luke watched from the Bench...
Dion fighting that Rookie in his first NHL game with Ottawa
Dion fighting Hartnell while he celebrated scoring a goal
Dion blasting pucks at his own teammates heads on the PP

But last night really takes the cake for me - dirty hit from behind - runs - turns puck over - they score - he runs some more. Chirps from bench.

I try not to be overly negative when it comes to Phil+Dion ... but I honestly do not beleive this team will every play a significant game with either of them in roster.
1. Just because you have a brother on the opposition doesn't safeguard you from the opposition players... that code is BS and doesn't exists
2. Cowen went after Dion, not the other way around
3. This Hartnell we're talking about....friggin Hartnell, the guy who actually went after Dion and has had constant verbal and physical altercation with Dion before.
4. That one is beyond friggin ridiculous.

The Beyonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:25 AM
noway

This team needs a makeover. I think Nonis knows this but don't expect him to come out and say it. Expect a new captain, a new coach and major player turnover before next year. Among the goners will be Kessel, Phaneuf, Kulemin, Grabovski, MacArthur, Liles, Franson and both goalies. It will be years before this team moves up beyond a bottom feeder and even Nonis might be gone by then.

noway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Clark4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by noway View Post
This team needs a makeover. I think Nonis knows this but don't expect him to come out and say it. Expect a new captain, a new coach and major player turnover before next year. Among the goners will be Kessel, Phaneuf, Kulemin, Grabovski, MacArthur, Liles, Franson and both goalies. It will be years before this team moves up beyond a bottom feeder and even Nonis might be gone by then.
You're right, after one bad game, the team needs to be completely dismantled.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:30 AM
noway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark4Ever View Post
You're right, after one bad game, the team needs to be completely dismantled.
You've only seen one bad game in the past few years? You should start watching the Leafs.

noway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:31 AM
leafspring*

Quote:
Solid use of the word drug! I just read the box score. What did Kadri get the roughing penalty for?
Not sure i was out trying to take a picture of a cow moose,and yearling out standing on my road(in town) lol

I know now actually. it was pushing someones head down after a hit,cheap call.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:32 AM
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Oh great the opining of a BITTER Leafs reporter. Have you noticed most of these guys are miserable?
Cox is not a Leafs reporter. He is a columnist, which is a different kettle of fish. His job is not to accurately report what is going on with the Leafs, but rather to be entertaining and controversial.

rojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:36 AM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
Cox is not a Leafs reporter. He is a columnist, which is a different kettle of fish. His job is not to accurately report what is going on with the Leafs, but rather to be entertaining and controversial.
Yeah, he makes up stories. He tries stirring the pot from any angle his big imagination can come up with.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Clark4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by noway View Post
You've only seen one bad game in the past few years? You should start watching the Leafs.
It's a new season, with a new coach, and some new players added to the roster. Decisions should be made based on the performance of the team moving forward, not the past several years.

Sarcasm does not equate a substantiated opinion.

Last edited by Clark4Ever: 01-25-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old
01-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Kingstonian84*

Fatigue is the only logical explanation for Phaneuf's Jekyll and Hyde act.

Disagree and its the biggest excuse I've heard. No Phaneuf's problem is mentally he's not there, I'm not saying hes a dolt or unintelligent BUT he lacks the mental drive to stay consistent. Phaneufs the type of guy that runs white hot or ice cold, when he's on he's solid defensively, good at carrying the puck, shot hits the net, big hits BUT when he's cold (and that happens a lot) he's dorminat, no motivation on the ice, just invisible, shot misses the net and easy to get around.

Phaneuf is 27, I'm sorry but he's past his prime in the sense his best years are behind him, the best years for him were Season's 1-3 in Calgary, he hasn't been the same player since IMO.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Kingstonian84*

Quote:
Frattin ran a guy hard into the boards, while the islanders player was on his kness Kadri cross checked him x2, he got a roughing minor for it.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Syn3rgetic
Boats the Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post
Wait, you mean, an expected bottom 5 team is now a shockingly low 2-2? SKY IS FALLING
THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE. After screaming that the Leafs failed to make a goalie/1C, asking for tanks, rolling heads and NOT BELIEVING in our roster, or whatever, fans are DISAPPOINTED and SHOCKED that we are ONLY playing 500 hockey.

Syn3rgetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Syn3rgetic
Boats the Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark4Ever View Post
It's a new season, with a new coach, and some new players added to the roster. Decisions should be made based on the perfromance of the team moving forward, not the past several years.

Sarcasm does not equate a substantiated opinion.
This. New coach new players, shortened season, etc. This season is a wash. Whatever the outcome is, I'm just glad I can watch some Leafs hockey again.

Syn3rgetic is offline   Reply With Quote