HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs win again led by the Markov & Diaz duo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2013, 10:26 AM
  #301
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,071
vCash: 500
If the Habs keep this up the tankards will leak so badly that they couldn't hold the Leafs' tears, not to mention that Subban should be a tad less sanguine about how much he can extort.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:29 AM
  #302
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If you take Kaberle off the pp then he simply shouldn't be on the team, which I'm fine with
He'll be around for awhile if for no other reason than that the Habs can't buy him out.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:02 AM
  #303
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
He'll be around for awhile if for no other reason than that the Habs can't buy him out.
If PK is signed, Kaby should be on the outs.
To be honest, I would sit him next game for Weber. I'm sure Weber is just waiting for his chance to prove what he's worth.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
  #304
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If PK is signed, Kaby should be on the outs.
To be honest, I would sit him next game for Weber. I'm sure Weber is just waiting for his chance to prove what he's worth.
Hmm... I guess I'd give Weber his chance as well..

But Bouillon-Weber on the PP?

We've seen worse things... maybe..

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:16 AM
  #305
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If PK is signed, Kaby should be on the outs.
To be honest, I would sit him next game for Weber. I'm sure Weber is just waiting for his chance to prove what he's worth.
No doubt. He played overseas. I bet he would have looked great to start the season.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:18 AM
  #306
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,057
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If PK is signed, Kaby should be on the outs.
To be honest, I would sit him next game for Weber. I'm sure Weber is just waiting for his chance to prove what he's worth.
I agree with this. Weber's shot would be very nice to have on the second PP wave. And honestly, Kaberle brings nothing to the table that Weber can't do at least equally and most times better.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:41 AM
  #307
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If PK is signed, Kaby should be on the outs.
To be honest, I would sit him next game for Weber. I'm sure Weber is just waiting for his chance to prove what he's worth.
I'll do the same. + he is youger and is a right hand shot, the only other one beside Diaz.... And Subban.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:43 AM
  #308
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Hmm... I guess I'd give Weber his chance as well..

But Bouillon-Weber on the PP?

We've seen worse things... maybe..
As long as Markov and Diaz get 80 per cent of the PP, I don' mind if the rest goes to guys like Gorges or Bouillon.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:47 AM
  #309
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I agree with this. Weber's shot would be very nice to have on the second PP wave. And honestly, Kaberle brings nothing to the table that Weber can't do at least equally and most times better.
Exactly.. It's pretty bad when Bouillon is the "big shot."

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:50 AM
  #310
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't understand why Bouillon is still used on the pp, I hope MT gives Emelin a shot unil PK comes back
I am a fan of Bouillon (can’t blame him because his work load is higher due to Subban’s decision to stay home; the guy should not play 20+ minutes per game but eh) and I think he is currently ahead of Kaberle in the D depth chart. Btw it does not mean Kaberle is crap; he brings this thing we have not seen in Habs land since a long time: freakin’ depth!

Once PK finally decides to play hockey, I wish for Gorges – Subban, Markov – Emelin (Emelin is playing better than expected on his off side), Bouillon – Diaz. Ideally the second PP pairing should be Kaberle – Subban but on ES and PK, I much prefer Bouillon.

So I agree with you: Emelin (Kaberle - Emelin, Emelin - Subban) could be the best solution on the second PP wave. I remember Emelin during the WJC; he showed good offensive abilities and during his last year in the KHL, his production was good. In the NHL I noticed some crisp tape to tape passes coming from him.

3 questions though:

Does he have a good shot?
Is he good at finding the seams?
Bouillon is not bad (not Markov good obviously!) at sneaking in the slot... can Emelin do the same?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I agree with this. Weber's shot would be very nice to have on the second PP wave. And honestly, Kaberle brings nothing to the table that Weber can't do at least equally and most times better.
I am not a huge fan of Kaberle but his passing skill is elite and the guy is extremely calm (poise) when he is playing the point.


Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 01-25-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:55 AM
  #311
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I am a fan of Bouillon (can’t blame him because his work load is higher because of Subban’s decision to stay home; the guy should not play 20+ minutes per game but eh) and I think he is currently ahead of Kaberle in the D depth chart. Btw it does not mean Kaberle is crap; he brings this thing we have not seen in Habs land in a long time: freakin’ depth!

Once PK finally decides to play hockey, I wish for Gorges – Subban, Markov – Emelin (Emelin is playing better than expected on his off side), Bouillon – Diaz. Ideally the second PP pairing should be Kaberle – Subban but on ES and PK, I much prefer Bouillon.

So I agree with you: Emelin (Kaberle - Emelin, Emelin - Subban) could be the best solution on the second PP wave. I remember Emelin during the WJC; he showed good offensive abilities and during his last year in the KHL, his production was good. In the NHL I noticed some crisp tape to tape passes coming from him.

3 questions though:

Does he have a good shot?
Is he good at finding the seams?
Bouillon is not bad (not Markov good obviously!) at sneaking in the slot... can Emelin do the same?

EDIT:



I am not a huge fan of Kaberle but his passing skill is elite and the guy is extremely calm (poise) when he is playing the point.

Maybe Bergevin should buy out Kaberle's contract and give the saved money to Subban ?

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:56 AM
  #312
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Maybe Bergevin should buy out Kaberle's contract and give the saved money to Subban ?
Pull a Huet and loan him to a KHL team or something

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:15 PM
  #313
StellerEller
Canada's Team
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,001
vCash: 100
If PK signs the PP should be:

Pac-DD-Galch/Bouque
Markov-Diaz

Gio-Plek-Bourque/Galch
Subban-Emelin

I believe Emelin has some good offensive instincts and he was on a leash last year, I think it'd be smart to see what he can do. As for Galch, the PP is exactly where he should be getting his confidence; especially in Kovalev's old spot on the half boards, Markov could really feed him some nice one timers. The Only weakpoint is the second D pair, and of course I'm assuming Kaberle is sat for PK, but I think emelin is worth a shot, he couldn't be worse than boullion, and Gorges shouldn't play the PP, as much as I love the guy.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:21 PM
  #314
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
If PK signs the PP should be:

Pac-DD-Galch/Bouque
Markov-Diaz

Gio-Plek-Bourque/Galch
Subban-Emelin

I believe Emelin has some good offensive instincts and he was on a leash last year, I think it'd be smart to see what he can do. As for Galch, the PP is exactly where he should be getting his confidence; especially in Kovalev's old spot on the half boards, Markov could really feed him some nice one timers. The Only weakpoint is the second D pair, and of course I'm assuming Kaberle is sat for PK, but I think emelin is worth a shot, he couldn't be worse than boullion, and Gorges shouldn't play the PP, as much as I love the guy.
Look, I agree with you Emelin should be ahead of Bouillon on the PP, at the very least. But MT thinks otherwise, and I'll defer to him about it.

Maybe he only wants Emelin on the right-side, and Kaberle is taking that spot?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:30 PM
  #315
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
As long as Markov and Diaz get 80 per cent of the PP, I don' mind if the rest goes to guys like Gorges or Bouillon.
I don't want to see Gorges or Bouillon on the PP. They have no business being on it.
If Kaby is out for Weber, do a 3 men rotation for now at the point. Really, Bouillon and Gorges bring nothing to the PP, no good passes, no good shot, no creativity, poor offensive vision, they're just pawns in place. I'd put Emelin on before them actually, at least he's shown he can pass the puck well on the PP in the KHL.

I would also like to see what Weber can do next to Markov, he's more of a shooter and has a strong shot. So, Markov could focus a bit more on his passing that way.

But we should get him in there, at least to showcase him and raise his value.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:32 PM
  #316
StellerEller
Canada's Team
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,001
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Look, I agree with you Emelin should be ahead of Bouillon on the PP, at the very least. But MT thinks otherwise, and I'll defer to him about it.

Maybe he only wants Emelin on the right-side, and Kaberle is taking that spot?
Yeah I have no reason to not trust MT with what he's doing, haha. I think that he should try emelin though, even if its switching with Boullion every few PPs. Besides, wouldn't emelin be on the right side for the one timer with subban?

Regarding Kaberle, do you think he'll stay in the lineup with his level of play at the moment and Subban coming in? It seems like MT wouldn't be afraid to bench a vet if the team was better. Thoughts?

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:38 PM
  #317
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Yeah I have no reason to not trust MT with what he's doing, haha. I think that he should try emelin though, even if its switching with Boullion every few PPs. Besides, wouldn't emelin be on the right side for the one timer with subban?

Regarding Kaberle, do you think he'll stay in the lineup with his level of play at the moment and Subban coming in? It seems like MT wouldn't be afraid to bench a vet if the team was better. Thoughts?
No idea. It all depends, I suspect, on what Therrien is expecting from Kaberle.

If Kaberle is performing on par with Therrien's desire... why should he bench him?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:40 PM
  #318
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If PK is signed, Kaby should be on the outs.
To be honest, I would sit him next game for Weber. I'm sure Weber is just waiting for his chance to prove what he's worth.
He's had plenty of chances. Has nothing in his toolbox worth mentioning other than a big shot.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:43 PM
  #319
StellerEller
Canada's Team
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,001
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
No idea. It all depends, I suspect, on what Therrien is expecting from Kaberle.

If Kaberle is performing on par with Therrien's desire... why should he bench him?
Well we don't know what those expectations are obviously, but with the type of game MT likes to play, I find it hard to believe Kaberle fits his mold or is meeting his expectations, and its not like he's been playing well at all. Either way I suppose we'll see, since this all hinges on PK signing.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:49 PM
  #320
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
He's had plenty of chances. Has nothing in his toolbox worth mentioning other than a big shot.
Ah. So.. your idea then is to let him sit forever, seeing his value diminish at every game he doesn't play until he loses his contract and signs somewhere else?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:50 PM
  #321
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Well we don't know what those expectations are obviously, but with the type of game MT likes to play, I find it hard to believe Kaberle fits his mold or is meeting his expectations, and its not like he's been playing well at all. Either way I suppose we'll see, since this all hinges on PK signing.
You do make a point...

....

He's showcasing him. Only explanation why Kaberle is used over Emelin on the PP.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:52 PM
  #322
JSBach
Registered User
 
JSBach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
I don't really care if Diaz is feeding off of Markov for the most part (if he really is), this shows that they have good chemistry and could be a "dynamic duo" for us until Markov declines. And who knows, maybe Diaz will learn a thing or two from the General, gain some confidence, and turn into a capable defenceman in his own right. In the end, it's working right now and that's all that matters.

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:45 PM
  #323
StellerEller
Canada's Team
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,001
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You do make a point...

....

He's showcasing him. Only explanation why Kaberle is used over Emelin on the PP.
I hope so. If we can dish kaberle and add PK well be set

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:49 PM
  #324
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Ah. So.. your idea then is to let him sit forever, seeing his value diminish at every game he doesn't play until he loses his contract and signs somewhere else?
He's had PLENTY of chances specially last year but he even got beat out by league rookies in Diaz and emelin. He's sitting cuz he's just not good. And what value? He's got none and he hasn't done anything to increase that despite the chances that he got. He can sign somewhere else for all I care, I doubt anyone will miss him.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.