HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pitt/Ana (Perry)

Old
01-25-2013, 10:49 AM
malksby8771

vCash: 500
Pitt/Ana (Perry)

To Pittsburgh:

Corey Perry

To Anaheim:

Simon Despres, Scott Harrington, Pascal Dupuis, 2013 1st Round Pick

Pens fan here. I have a feeling one of Perry or Getzlaf will be moved to the East and I sure don't want one of them moved to a rival team, so I want Shero to make an aggressive offer for CP. He's clearly the perfect winger for the pens; right shot, right wing, physical, nasty shot. I'm not sure if this is a fair offer though so feel free to flame away.

malksby8771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
Kunitz sucks balls

Need to include Morrow and drop Harringnton, Despres.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Force951

vCash: 50
Good offer, but our defense is pretty full for the next few years. Chances are we would want a good LW Prospect/young NHLer back if he is dealt.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:53 AM
wej20

1st + Kennedy + Morrow + ??? might be more attractive offer, Pens don't have any good LW prospects to offer though.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:54 AM
Hottubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Good offer, but our defense is pretty full for the next few years. Chances are we would want a good LW Prospect/young NHLer back if he is dealt.
want Tangradi back

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:54 AM
kasper11

I think that is a pretty decent offer if Anaheim is out of it and can't re-sign Perry. I really like Depres and Harrington is a pretty decent third component. The first will be late, but it is supposed to be a pretty deep draft. This deal stacks up pretty well compared to the Hossa/Kovalchuk trades.

That said, I do think Anaheim would ask for a forward prospect instead of Harrington.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Exit Dose

I think they'd ask for Bennett as part of the return.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Canadian Jesus

vCash: 800
Good proposal; Crosby/Perry and Malkin/Neal would be nasty

Canadian Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:58 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Pitt honestly can't make a move like this. With a lowering cap and 22.4m in cap space already sunk into Crosby, Malkin, and Neal (and Malkin needing a new deal soon), they don't have the cap space to pony up another $6+m for Perry.

And I can't see them trading a massive haul for a one-season rental.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:02 AM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
Pitt honestly can't make a move like this. With a lowering cap and 22.4m in cap space already sunk into Crosby, Malkin, and Neal (and Malkin needing a new deal soon), they don't have the cap space to pony up another $6+m for Perry.

actually they could easily but it would likely be at the expense of Kris Letang.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Hottubber

Quote:

Shero made offers to both Parise and Suter so he must have been fairly confident that he could work around a lowered cap

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Black Label

Quote:

Cap-wise the Penguins can afford Perry. They are 9 million under the cap this year and almost 12 million under the cap next year. And the year after that many contracts expire so they will be nearly 40 million under (some big names like Malkin and Letang do need to be resigned however). Shero was ready to give Staal 5 million/year, I'm sure he could fit Perry in.

Now whether or not Anaheim is interested in anything Pittsburgh has to offer is another matter...

Black Label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:05 AM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by malksby8771 View Post
To Pittsburgh:

Corey Perry

To Anaheim:

Simon Despres, Scott Harrington, Pascal Dupuis, 2013 1st Round Pick

Pens fan here. I have a feeling one of Perry or Getzlaf will be moved to the East and I sure don't want one of them moved to a rival team, so I want Shero to make an aggressive offer for CP. He's clearly the perfect winger for the pens; right shot, right wing, physical, nasty shot. I'm not sure if this is a fair offer though so feel free to flame away.
With only $12m in cap-space left (with the drop to $64.3) and only 15 players signed, Perry might not work for you, unfortunately. He alone would eat into $6.5-7.0m of that space.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
With only $12m in cap-space left (with the drop to $64.3) and only 15 players signed, Perry might not work for you, unfortunately. He alone would eat into $6.5-7.0m of that space.
Perry at $7 mil/year is semi-feasible if they dump Martin & Orpik in the offseason and bring up their defensemen on rookie contracts.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:08 AM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Cap-wise the Penguins can afford Perry. They are 9 million under the cap this year and almost 12 million under the cap next year. And the year after that many contracts expire so they will be nearly 40 million under (some big names like Malkin and Letang do need to be resigned however). Shero was ready to give Staal 5 million/year, I'm sure he could fit Perry in.

Now whether or not Anaheim is interested in anything Pittsburgh has to offer is another matter...
He was ready to give him 5m/year when the cap was $70.2m. Also, Perry is going to cost a heck of a lot more than $5m/year. Signing Perry would have to be followed by trades or compliance buyouts.

Last edited by StarsFan74: 01-25-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old
01-25-2013, 11:09 AM
KIRK

I think Beau Bennett has to be part of that deal.

Kennedy, Bennett, Maatta, 1st is probably the ballpark it costs you.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:10 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
actually they could easily but it would likely be at the expense of Kris Letang.
Perry's gonna get paid. He's probably in line for a cap hit in the $6.5-7m range if not higher.

The cap is gonna come down to $64m. Can Pitt really afford to sink almost 50% of their cap into four guys? Then you still have Martin and MAF too for at least next season. Letang would almost certainly have to go.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:10 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
Moving Paul Martin and playing one of the entry level contract guys on defense takes care of about 60-65% of the problem.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:11 AM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Perry at $7 mil/year is semi-feasible if they dump Martin & Orpik in the offseason and bring up their defensemen on rookie contracts.
I'd take Orpik in a heartbeat. Martin too, if there's a possibility he could bounce back.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:12 AM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Moving Paul Martin and playing one of the entry level contract guys on defense takes care of about 60-65% of the problem.
I agree. Like I said, it's not possible without some wheeling and dealing or buyouts.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:13 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Perry's gonna get paid. He's probably in line for a cap hit in the $6.5-7m range if not higher.

The cap is gonna come down to $64m. Can Pitt really afford to sink almost 50% of their cap into four guys? Then you still have Martin and MAF too. Letang would have to go of course.
1. If Ray Shero could get Perry as Crosby's long term answer, then Martin would be gone this offseason, even if the Pens had to buy him out to do it.

2. Why would Letang have to go? He makes 3.5M next year. Remember: Shero offered Parise big money, knowing everything people are saying here about the cap, including that it likely would be where it's going to be next year. Perry is the type of guy, you get him, you sign him, and you worry about Paul Martin or resigning Dupuis/Cooke later.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

A deal would not work between the two teams.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:18 AM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
A deal would not work between the two teams.
Why?

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:18 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
Why?
Because he said so.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:19 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
1. If Ray Shero could get Perry as Crosby's long term answer, then Martin would be gone this offseason, even if the Pens had to buy him out to do it.

2. Why would Letang have to go? He makes 3.5M next year. Remember: Shero offered Parise big money, knowing everything people are saying here about the cap, including that it likely would be where it's going to be next year. Perry is the type of guy, you get him, you sign him, and you worry about Paul Martin or resigning Dupuis/Cooke later.
So let's figure you have to give Perry $7m/year to get him signed (the dude's a Hart Trophy winner / 50-goal scorer, he's gonna get paid). Then you've got Crosby and Malkin at $8.7m (and this assumes Malkin won't get a raise, he is more than entitled to one), and Neal at $5m.

That gives you 29.4m to those four guys, 34.4 if you include MAF. Can you find another 18 guys at an average salary of $1.6m?

Not saying you can't, but that requires a lot of cap juggling. It might not be worth it.