HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

$#*! My 1290 Says (Formerly The First Annual Rick Ralph Roast)

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 02:25 PM
metalfoot
Karlsson!

vCash: 500
Jim Rome is fill in programming in the evening now. Easier to ignore that way.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:31 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Respectfully disagree , Jim Rome is terrible ... he is interested in just himself, doesn't truly know sports and I am so glad he is off the station during prime hours. Love the local stuff , quality people , great knowledge imo.
They should force those who act out in prison to have to listen to Jim Rome for a couple of weeks, keep them locked in their cells and pump in Jim Rome 24-7, recidivism would be no more.

Or would that form of torture be too harsh?

Old
01-16-2013, 02:44 PM
jetkarma

Good draft content today , RR mentioned he has been contacted by people ( from here? ) about Adam Lowry and mentioned him but wasn't gushing as he said he didn't know if the scoring was because he was a 19 year old. Common theme for people that are questioning or unsure about Lowry . Hopefully RR ( you are reading ) pries a bit deeper and has some people on that really know his game and can comment on this huge run he is on. He also had the director of Central Scouting on , really good segment , hopefully as the season goes on RR will continue to have regular updates as this is a significant year for Winnipeg re the draft. We may look back and see this is where we truly moved ahead and never looked back. Fingers crossed.

Frederick Gauthier was mentioned as riser and that his size is a real plus , well Lowry is also 6-5 and playing C and really producing , add to that ALL the tangibles and intangibles.... understand low keying him , but I think we soon hear from inside hockey people that Lowry has arrived as a bonafide prospect.

Last edited by jetkarma: 01-16-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old
01-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Jokinator
Rookie User

Rick needs to get Mittens on the show!

Old
01-17-2013, 12:18 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
I was pissed when they took Jim Rome off
The rest of your paragraph is meaningless now.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:46 AM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
The rest of your paragraph is meaningless now.
And I thought it was just me.......Rome getting trolled hard on our board

Last edited by ps241: 01-17-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old
01-17-2013, 06:37 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
And I though it was just me.......Rome getting trolled hard on our board
Rightfully so

Can't stand Rome

Old
01-17-2013, 08:09 AM
Tdoe42

For me I listen to the Radio all day so a little bit of different programing is a must. Rome is Love him or Hate him and I love his show Rona RT was the worst show of the 3 (Big Show, RRT, H&L) so it was an easy choice

Old
01-17-2013, 11:49 AM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
For me I listen to the Radio all day so a little bit of different programing is a must. Rome is Love him or Hate him and I love his show Rona RT was the worst show of the 3 (Big Show, RRT, H&L) so it was an easy choice
Rome is in love with himself , no sports show needs the focus on the host telling his audience about himself almost non stop.

Old
01-18-2013, 04:59 PM
SensibleGuy

Since this seems to have morphed into more of a general radio thread than a rick ralph thread, I gotta say I could definitely do without any pro wrestling talk on my sports radio...(inspired by an interview I just heard on the H&L warmup show)

Old
01-18-2013, 05:05 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensibleGuy View Post
Since this seems to have morphed into more of a general radio thread than a rick ralph thread, I gotta say I could definitely do without any pro wrestling talk on my sports radio...(inspired by an interview I just heard on the H&L warmup show)
I nearly pissed my pants when steiner went off on Hogan

Old
01-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

My two bits:

I listen to 1290 or XM almost always now. I liked the CJOB post-game last year but tried both frequently. I seldom listen to the Bombers, always listen to the Goldeyes.

1290 has done a great job replacing that American filler. (Does anybody give a damn about the SEC? Or anything NCAA-related?) I would like them to dump it altogether and, if they need filler, use stuff from TSN Toronto or TSN Montreal.

The morning guys are sometimes too much like wacky morning radio guys (i.e. tools) than sports guys, but on the whole I don't mind them. Hopefully they can ditch NFL talk now that the NHL is back.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:20 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
My two bits:

I listen to 1290 or XM almost always now. I liked the CJOB post-game last year but tried both frequently. I seldom listen to the Bombers, always listen to the Goldeyes.

1290 has done a great job replacing that American filler. (Does anybody give a damn about the SEC? Or anything NCAA-related?) I would like them to dump it altogether and, if they need filler, use stuff from TSN Toronto or TSN Montreal.

The morning guys are sometimes too much like wacky morning radio guys (i.e. tools) than sports guys, but on the whole I don't mind them. Hopefully they can ditch NFL talk now that the NHL is back.
I sure do, infact i LOVE IT! but i probably represent about 0.01% of the population of winnipeg lol

Old
01-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Conflicted Habs fan

vCash: 0
Quote:
My two bits:

...(Does anybody give a damn about the SEC? Or anything NCAA-related?) ...use stuff from TSN Toronto or TSN Montreal.
what's that? Baseball or something? I agree about tsn Montreal I enjoy listening to them on the weekends

Old
01-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Gm0ney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflicted Habs fan View Post
what's that? Baseball or something? I agree about tsn Montreal I enjoy listening to them on the weekends
I thought TSN radio was getting out of the Montreal market...did that not happen?

Old
01-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

vCash: 50
Quote:
My two bits:

I completely gave up on 1290 because of all the US programming. Maybe I'll give it another chance now.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:04 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflicted Habs fan View Post
SEC = South East Conference ( Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, Louisiana State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Texas A&M , Missouri, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee)

Old
01-18-2013, 08:54 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
I completely gave up on 1290 because of all the US programming. Maybe I'll give it another chance now.
It's all gone except at night now.... Give it a try its great

Old
01-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Semin

Clicked into this thread without even thinking Rick Ralph would leave such a mark in this thread.

What a beauty he is.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:44 AM
RalphyTSN1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Good draft content today , RR mentioned he has been contacted by people ( from here? ) about Adam Lowry and mentioned him but wasn't gushing as he said he didn't know if the scoring was because he was a 19 year old. Common theme for people that are questioning or unsure about Lowry . Hopefully RR ( you are reading ) pries a bit deeper and has some people on that really know his game and can comment on this huge run he is on. He also had the director of Central Scouting on , really good segment , hopefully as the season goes on RR will continue to have regular updates as this is a significant year for Winnipeg re the draft. We may look back and see this is where we truly moved ahead and never looked back. Fingers crossed.

Frederick Gauthier was mentioned as riser and that his size is a real plus , well Lowry is also 6-5 and playing C and really producing , add to that ALL the tangibles and intangibles.... understand low keying him , but I think we soon hear from inside hockey people that Lowry has arrived as a bonafide prospect.
Lowry has been on the the show twice this season. Hoping for the best with all of these guys.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:45 AM
RalphyTSN1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokinator View Post
Rick needs to get Mittens on the show!
Mittens is injured and therefore unavailable. I've spoken to him a number of times last season. A few of his teammates refer to him as Mittens.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:42 AM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphyTSN1290 View Post
Mittens is injured and therefore unavailable. I've spoken to him a number of times last season. A few of his teammates refer to him as Mittens.
Sucks the Jets don't let injured players get interviewed.......They should make them available but just have a guideline that no questions about the players health are to be asked or answered....

Old
01-25-2013, 09:44 AM
PaperRockChamp

vCash: 880
Oh god. I can't stand Jim Rome but I haven't changed the radio station since 1290 came to Wpg.

Rome: Thinks he says something witty. Long pause. Repeats it again. Pause. Repeats again. Pause. Plays the recording of what he originally said.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:58 AM
SensibleGuy

"You can't go wrong with Wright."

Rick, the best before date has long passed on that one.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:23 PM
pondnorth

The Big Show,1290`s morning show is the worst of all sports radio.This guys are all Jim Rome wannabes.Its like listening to paint dry and their regulars callers are a bunch of suckups.Anyone who challenges them is cut off immediately.Westwood running down pro hockey players and picks anything negative he can to get attention.A pure whiner who is the only one to laugh at his own jokes.Terrible radio.

Closed Thread