HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#04 | New York Islanders vs. Boston Bruins | Jan 25 | 7:00PM | 2-4 L

Old
01-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

vCash: 50
First goal on the first shot two nights in a row by two different Isles goalies. Let's do it!

Poulin 0n My St1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Mustang2750

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
They didn't play well the first period, but after that they looked really good.
I thought both the Bruins and Rags looked horrible all game. And the Johnson McQuaid pairing is worse than any top 6 D we throw out there.

Mustang2750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:00 AM
Nyifan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
I am going to call DP with the 3-0 shutout tonite in his first step to be comeback player of the year (I don't believe it for a second in my wildest dreams but if he does I will get to pat myself on the back and if he doesn't I will claim temporary insanity).
Boston 8, NYI 3

Nyifan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:01 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang2750 View Post
I thought both the Bruins and Rags looked horrible all game. And the Johnson McQuaid pairing is worse than any top 6 D we throw out there.
And we looked good last night?

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:09 AM
StumpNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I think this game is winnable. Boston will overlook the NYI, while the Isles, fighting for respect won't overlook Boston.
Will they overlook 11 goals in 2 games though? I don't have a great feeling about this one.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:09 AM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

A few questions...

1. Can anyone explain WHY worthless Reasoner is getting more ice time then Martin and Aucoin? Better yet, why is he still on the team?

2. Theoretically, if, and a BIG "if", DiPietro starts and is actually very impressive (maybe allowing only 2 or less goals), and then in his next start it is the same, will there be a role reversal with Nabokov or do you think that as long as Nabokov is healthy he will be the starting goalie?

3. So what is the basic cosensus regarding the hit on Tavares last night? Most of the leafs fans seem to think it was clean, in the Newsday article the reported called it a clean hit. To me, it looked like textbook boarding, Tavares had his back to the play and was hit from behind into the boards. A scary moment.

The Bruins scare me. Let's go Islanders!

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Bones45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Am I the only one who saw this? lol
I saw it too and had to doublecheck the first post. Not sure if it was an oversight or just supposed to be funny...

I'm not pulling any punches here. I can't stand DP. I want him off the ice, and off this team. I hope he gets SHELLED tonight and gives up 130 goals. I want him to tweak (I said "tweak", not injure, cuz god knows I'd get "edited" for wishing injury on a player) every possible muscle, ligament and tendon he has. Good riddance.

I don't wanna hear the hate back at me and "how can you feel that way when ____________" I want the Isles to win, but I want DP to fail miserably.

I'd sooner have Pnut running backup for Nabby than DP.

There, I'm done. Hope I didn't mix words.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Bones45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague View Post
3. So what is the basic cosensus regarding the hit on Tavares last night? Most of the leafs fans seem to think it was clean, in the Newsday article the reported called it a clean hit. To me, it looked like textbook boarding, Tavares had his back to the play and was hit from behind into the boards. A scary moment.
IMO, it was at the very least a questionable hit, which I think should have been assessed two minutes.

If it wasn't Phaneuf, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I knew the main board would be blowing up with back and forth about it.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:16 AM
MTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
I saw it too and had to doublecheck the first post. Not sure if it was an oversight or just supposed to be funny...

I'm not pulling any punches here. I can't stand DP. I want him off the ice, and off this team. I hope he gets SHELLED tonight and gives up 130 goals. I want him to tweak (I said "tweak", not injure, cuz god knows I'd get "edited" for wishing injury on a player) every possible muscle, ligament and tendon he has. Good riddance.

I don't wanna hear the hate back at me and "how can you feel that way when ____________" I want the Isles to win, but I want DP to fail miserably.

I'd sooner have Pnut running backup for Nabby than DP.

There, I'm done. Hope I didn't mix words.
I am not a fan of DP, of course I want us to win tonight.

My concern is, if DP plays great....are the Isles going to revert back to the 2 goalie system that never works.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Bones45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I am not a fan of DP, of course I want us to win tonight.

My concern is, if DP plays great....are the Isles going to revert back to the 2 goalie system that never works.
To me, that is like saying.. "if I hit lotto, what color Ferrari should I buy?"

Old
01-25-2013, 11:19 AM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Sucks, won't be able to watch the game tonight. Gonna be in Pennsylvania for the weekend. Lets go Isles. Here we go Rickyyyy

KingLio21093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:23 AM
dash8fo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Am I the only one who saw this? lol

This is going to be rough for us. I see us having a 1 goal lead at some point in the 2nd only to be worn down and lose like 4-2. But let's hope i'm surprised!

JT with his 1st goal of the season, Grabner with the other.
after the gmail GDT Law can do no wrong...

Im hoping me get some momentum from last night and sneak out a 3-2 win. DP knows he needs to step up.

dash8fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:25 AM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

Quote:
A few questions...

1. Can anyone explain WHY worthless Reasoner is getting more ice time then Martin and Aucoin? Better yet, why is he still on the team?

2. Theoretically, if, and a BIG "if", DiPietro starts and is actually very impressive (maybe allowing only 2 or less goals), and then in his next start it is the same, will there be a role reversal with Nabokov or do you think that as long as Nabokov is healthy he will be the starting goalie?

The Bruins scare me. Let's go Islanders!
Great questions...

Not sure why Reasoner is getting more time then Aucoin. Clearly they feel Reasoner has a roll, but think of it like this —*his days here are numbered. There are 2 centers coming, and Ullstrom, Bailey, Cizikas, and Aucoin all can play center. (I know Ullstrom is listed as a LW and Bailey has moved to the wing) Next season you have Nelson most likely joining the team, along with possibly Strome. It is a little two soon for me to say Aucoin is the be-all-end-all. He has started great, but there is a reason he has not been able to stick. Now that could change with chemistry with his linemates, etc, and if he can put this season together, where he produces, he would be a very nice 4th line center behind Neilsen as the #3, and one of Strome/Nelson at #2 and of course JT at #1. (That is a nice looking middle of the ices btw.)

I don't believe for a moment that DiPietro is anything more than the backup this season. Even if (and it is a HUGE if) RLR has a strong game tonight, and again the next game, or when ever he plays, I believe there is a clear understanding of what his body can and cannot do and that the rigors of being a starter on a tight schedule will likely force him to space out his starts to no more than 1 a week at most or on back-to-back nights. I think Nabby is the starter unless he goes down with an injury. And if he does, I think Poulin/Nillsson get to be at least 50-50 in games. DiPi is done as a #1 and the Isles know it.

Phaneuf is a total punk. He wont fight. He is the "p" word personified. The hit was not clean. It was not a suspendible offense in my mind, but it was a 2 minute boarding penalty for sure just as Butchie called it. JT did take a look over the shoulder just before, and knew someone was their, but his back was turned and he was in a vulnerable spot, and Phaneuf did not hold up. Classic penalty that was not called because its the Islanders, and because its the Leafs and there is bias both ways. I was pleased that Carkner wasted no time. I would add — I hope Carkner and Martin's memory is long for the next game.

My own thoughts for tonight — look for fatigue. Not sure how many of these guys are really in "game shape" and how many will run out of steam against a bruising bruins squad. We will have our hands full for sure tonight.

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Hipietro

Every game is winnable if they play hard from the start. Come out like they did in the first period last night, game over.

Maybe Coach Crappy can fire them up in the room before the game? I doubt it.

Hipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:28 AM
StrongIslanders90

I hope to see Hickey in and I think 37 yr old Nabby should not be playing in this back to back....That means the Ricker has to try an not get injured....

6-3 Bruins

NYI goals
Okposo
Grabner
Ullstrom

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Bones45

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
Classic penalty that was not called because its the Islanders, and because its the Leafs and there is bias both ways. I was pleased that Carkner wasted no time. I would add — I hope Carkner and Martin's memory is long for the next game.
Nothing personal on this, but I'm tired of hearing this ********. Ask any fan of any team and everyone thinks that the refs are against their team and there is bias against them.

Lets face it.. the NHL REFFING IS HORRIBLE. Calls are missed some nights and called others. Its inconsistent and that is what gets everyone amped up.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
They didn't play well the first period, but after that they looked really good.
Yup. They were very flat the first period but from then on it was pretty much all Boston. They're such a tough well rounded team, this game was gonna be tough with Nabby in net oh well maybe Rickey pulls a miracle out of his ass.

I almost feel bad for him cause you know he's gonna get destroyed and then when he makes his first start at home it's gonna be a slaughterfest.

Bunk Moreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
Nothing personal on this, but I'm tired of hearing this ********. Ask any fan of any team and everyone thinks that the refs are against their team and there is bias against them.

Lets face it.. the NHL REFFING IS HORRIBLE. Calls are missed some nights and called others. Its inconsistent and that is what gets everyone amped up.
Its horrible against everyone.. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Bunk Moreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:49 AM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

I think Rick will be ready for this one. He usually breaks down after several games in a row. I also expect him to play conservatively because he knows everyone is watching him intently.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Renbarg

I think NHL refs have generally done a good job since the lockout (with the exception of last year's playoffs).

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:57 AM
FortNeverLose

Somebody left Seguin opennnnnnnnn

FortNeverLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:58 AM
bvon44

Prediction: 4-2 Bruins

Isles Goals: Tavares, Grabner

bvon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:59 AM
kasper11

Quote:
A few questions...

Nabokov is the starter unless he ***** the bed. I think the plan, especially with the shortened season, is to let DP be the backup no matter what. If he looks good in 15 or so games, they won't sign another veteran for next year. But I don't think they want to risk playing him too much given that he hasn't played much the past few years. They will ease him back in this year, and if he is sharp, he will be the starter next year (note: not saying I agree with that plan).

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Mustang2750

Quote:
And we looked good last night?
Not sure what your point is. We looked ok last night. We looked better last night than the Rags and Bruins did in their game Wed night.

Mustang2750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:20 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

I'll be at the game tonight!! I'm hoping my presence will bring the Islanders a win but I'm not betting on it. Let's go Islanders!!

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote