HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pitt/Ana (Perry)

Old
01-25-2013, 11:20 AM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I think Beau Bennett has to be part of that deal.

Kennedy, Bennett, Maatta, 1st is probably the ballpark it costs you.
I would do this. I'd be hesitant to give up so much for a UFA but as long as Shero knows that he will resign, (and I can't think of any good reason why he wouldn't unless its something personal) I would take this. I can just imagine Crosby/Perry & Geno/Neal.

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
Why?
Because Anaheim seems alright at defense (Fowler, Sbisa + vets on the roster and Lindholm and Vatanen as prospects) and wings (Etem, Rackell, Palmieri, DSP all as youngsters/prospects) and very thin at center.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Alklha

No idea why the Penguins would trade for Perry. They have the 2 best centers in the game, they should be looking for complimentary wingers, rather than paying for elite guys.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:21 AM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Because he said so.
KIRK, you are one my favorite posters.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:22 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
2. Why would Letang have to go? He makes 3.5M next year.
He's in need of a big raise in 2014. If they have Perry they won't be able to afford that.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:26 AM
StarsFan74

Just curious...does Pittsburgh not have ONE good winger prospect? Not one? With Malkin and Crosby most likely set to be Penguins for life, I'm sure they can find their wingers through the draft- seeing that the ones they have right now are very good (Neal, Kunitz) to decent (Kennedy, Dupuis)- rather than throw big dollars at high-priced UFAs and having to pinch money on other positions?

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
He's in need of a big raise in 2014. If they have Perry they won't be able to afford that.
cap goes down next season and then what's the status after; staying static for a few years or going back up?

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Because Anaheim seems alright at defense (Fowler, Sbisa + vets on the roster and Lindholm and Vatanen as prospects) and wings (Etem, Rackell, Palmieri, DSP all as youngsters/prospects) and very thin at center.
I can see them taking the deal KIRK proposed if they know they can't resign Perry. But I will be the first to admit, I don't know much about Anaheim's situation.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:29 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

I'm shocked how........unbacklash-y.........these responses have been. Seriously, if in real life all it took was a D prospects and picks and one suitable forward to get Perry the Penguins should get on that asap.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:30 AM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
But if Perry was coming, we'd make room. It can be done by trading away Martin and bringing up one of our defensive prospects. Perry is the kind of guy you take and worry about the cap later. Also, more than likely at least 2 million, if not more will be going back to Anaheim. So as far as the cap situation goes, Penguins have the space for Perry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
Just curious...does Pittsburgh not have ONE good winger prospect? Not one? With Malkin and Crosby most likely set to be Penguins for life, I'm sure they can find their wingers through the draft- seeing that the ones they have right now are very good (Neal, Kunitz) to decent (Kennedy, Dupuis)- rather than throw big dollars at high-priced UFAs and having to pinch money on other positions?
We have Bennett but other than that, nothing. Also, Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Fleury, Neal are all in their primes. We need to make the most of it now. Not when they are 33 years old.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:30 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
I would do this. I'd be hesitant to give up so much for a UFA but as long as Shero knows that he will resign, (and I can't think of any good reason why he wouldn't unless its something personal) I would take this. I can just imagine Crosby/Perry & Geno/Neal.
$$$$$$$$$

Some teams will be able to offer him more money than the Pens can. Just the way it is.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:31 AM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
I'm shocked how........unbacklash-y.........these responses have been. Seriously, if in real life all it took was a D prospects and picks and one suitable forward to get Perry the Penguins should get on that asap.
Yah but half of that has to do with Perry being a UFA and if they can't resign him, I see this as a viable option for both teams.

Old
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
$$$$$$$$$

Some teams will be able to offer him more money than the Pens can. Just the way it is.
Its not always about the $$$$$ as you saw with Parise & Suter.

Old
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
cap goes down next season and then what's the status after; staying static for a few years or going back up?
Who knows. Likely going back up but definitely more slowly than it was before.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:32 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Its not always about the $$$$$ as you saw with Parise & Suter.
Oh, definitely.

But I think (and this is pure conjecture, I'll be honest) Perry is one of those guys where it does matter.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Kshahdoo

Perry is too expensive to Pens. They need someone with potential but struggling in his present team. Don't ask me about names though - I don't know them.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:34 AM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Perry's gonna get paid. He's probably in line for a cap hit in the $6.5-7m range if not higher.

The cap is gonna come down to $64m. Can Pitt really afford to sink almost 50% of their cap into four guys? Then you still have Martin and MAF too for at least next season. Letang would almost certainly have to go.
no, its do-able like i said.

With the cap at 64.3, if they signed Perry for 7 mil (a bit on the high side), extended Letang for 6.5 mil, and bought out Martin, that would leave them with 2.64 mil in cap spice and the need for 2 4th liners, so like I said, at the expense of Letang its very possible. Wanting to keep Letang and keep Martin, is impossible. Keeping Letang, getting Perry and dumping Martin is unlikely.

DoctrSteveBrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:38 AM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post

With the cap at 64.3, if they signed Perry for 7 mil (a bit on the high side), extended Letang for 6.5 mil, and bought out Martin, that would leave them with 2.64 mil in cap spice and the need for 2 4th liners, so like I said, at the expense of Letang its very possible. Wanting to keep Letang and keep Martin, is impossible. Keeping Letang, getting Perry and dumping Martin is unlikely.
I am sure if its just two fourth liners holding us back from keeping Letang, Shero would work something out. A team with a better 4th line but no Perry vs. a team with two rookies on their fourth line and Perry. The latter is easily better.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Force951

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post

If it was a matter of 7 mill getting it done the ducks would just sign him not trade him. IMO if the Ducks deal him at the deadline he is asking for 8.5-9 mill a year. Anything under that and we just resign him.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Once again, whether the Pens want Ryan or Perry, the deal would take players Pens can't give up.

Start with Sutter, because Ducks need pivots.

Add a top prospect, Morrow/DP/BB

Add a first.

I love Perry, but it isn't worth it because he is getting bank in July.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:47 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Is the cap going to be 64.2M in 2014?

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:49 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Once again, whether the Pens want Ryan or Perry, the deal would take players Pens can't give up.

Add a first.

Yep . . .

IF I knew that Perry could be resigned, I'd do it. But, the Pens can't afford to part with Sutter for a rental, even with Joe Vitale on the roster.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:50 AM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:

Add a first.

What if Perry doesn't want to resign with Anaheim? If they can't keep him, I am sure a deal like Kennedy + Bennett + + Maatta + 1st would work out. Obviously, Shero would do this knowing he can resign Perry himself.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:

Add a first.

That was the case last year, but our center situation this year isn't so clear cut. We wouldn't move Ryan for D prospects, but it wouldn't be something I'd rule out if we're forced to move Perry. That situation is one where you have to get what you can.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:51 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
I am sure if its just two fourth liners holding us back from keeping Letang, Shero would work something out. A team with a better 4th line but no Perry vs. a team with two rookies on their fourth line and Perry. The latter is easily better.
If they sign Perry for 7 and extend Letang for 6.5 AND Malkin doesn't ask for a raise (which, again, he is more than entitled to get), this is how the 2014-15 cap looks (assuming it goes up from 64 -> 66):

Crosby: 8.7
Malkin: 8.7
Perry: 7
Letang: 6.5
Neal: 5
MAF: 5
Martin: 1.7 (buyout)

That's 42.6. Do you really think you can find 17 other roster players at an average of under $1.4m per person? That's not "a couple of 4th-line players", that's like 10 4th line salaries and 7 3rd line salaries.

Give me a break. If you want Perry, Letang has to go. Get over it.