HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 7.0 - Great with computers

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I agree 100% Subban needs to take the 2 year deal just as Price and Max did and deal with it. It should be about the team now and then get his payday after that. Not to mention Kaberle and Markov will both be gone by that time esuring PK is the man on the blueline. If I am Bergevin I tell PK this is it you sign or sit at home an we will talk again this summer.
Markov isn't going anywhere if he keeps playing like he has over the first couple games. Why would you want to get rid of him anyways?
But, not sure I understand why you want to give PK a 2 year now when you say he can have his payday after. I mean, if you think he'll get his payday after, then surely it's because he'll have improved. So, why not sign him to longer years now, at a cheaper price than you would in a few years??
What's the risk here exactly? I mean, if it's because of his ''attitude'', we will find takers just like Philly did for Richards and Carter, and for decent return.
So, again, what's the risk really??

Telling a 23yo prospect (if I can still call him that. If not, than he's definitely your best player under 25 with MaxPAc), your most promising one, to sit at home for a full year is retarded.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:05 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Then Subban demands a trade and we get nowhere close to his actual value in return...
He can demand all he wants he is RFA he doesn't have to be given anything.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Franked

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
Oh, before he refused to sign was before the lockout this time! I get it now! Thank you!
No, the point is that it was a joke about players not being able to play because of the lockout, produced by the CBC, not a joke by Subban about not playing for the Habs.

Old
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Kypreos just tweeted that this AM meeting is critical & needs to start at Benn money; ie 5 years 26 mil.

Kinda rich for my blood
Kipper is a lackey for the PA......the guy pimps players values all the time...the guy is a monster idiot...one too many punches to his noggin...

Old
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
So are you suggesting that if the Caps had signed Carlsson to a bridge contract...he would of played better last night?

Give me a break
guess reading isnt your thing.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:11 AM
FinnHab

Montreal Canadiens is most storied franchise in hockey. Subban, sing or leave for good. I really hate this drama over selfish and egomaniac young player.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:13 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Markov isn't going anywhere if he keeps playing like he has over the first couple games. Why would you want to get rid of him anyways?
But, not sure I understand why you want to give PK a 2 year now when you say he can have his payday after. I mean, if you think he'll get his payday after, then surely it's because he'll have improved. So, why not sign him to longer years now, at a cheaper price than you would in a few years??
What's the risk here exactly? I mean, if it's because of his ''attitude'', we will find takers just like Philly did for Richards and Carter, and for decent return.
So, again, what's the risk really??

Telling a 23yo prospect (if I can still call him that. If not, than he's definitely your best player under 25 with MaxPAc), your most promising one, to sit at home for a full year is retarded.
You give him the 2 years so he learns the TEAM culture which by all accounts he really hasn't quite grasped at this point. Also if he falters we don't get stuck with another terrible contract for 5 or 6 or 7 years at 5MM a year. I don't think Markov has the ability to play at a level for too much longer he is no Lidstrom and as many here fear he is an injury liability he is one fluke fall/hit away from another knee operation. PK can take the 2 year deal and get on with things.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
Montreal Canadiens is most storied franchise in hockey. Subban, sing or leave for good. I really hate this drama over selfish and egomaniac young player.
Your future looks bright.

"This is the most STORIED grocery store franchise in the HISTORY of grocery stores. You must accept minimum wage for the rest of your life!"

You didn't take it? YOU SELFISH EGOMANIAC. How dare you not accept a low-ball offer that is clearly not in the realm of what you are worth?

Old
01-25-2013, 11:16 AM
SonOfGom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

"This is the most STORIED grocery store franchise in the HISTORY of grocery stores. You must accept minimum wage for the rest of your life!"

You didn't take it? YOU SELFISH EGOMANIAC. How dare you not accept a low-ball offer that is clearly not in the realm of what you are worth?
"But I have an MBA "

Old
01-25-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
guess reading isnt your thing.
Notice that was framed as a question...

And reading isn't MY thing lol

Old
01-25-2013, 11:22 AM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franked View Post
No, the point is that it was a joke about players not being able to play because of the lockout, produced by the CBC, not a joke by Subban about not playing for the Habs.
I stand corrected! I heard him say "your HABS"... not "your company" in this. One would think that he would have signed before the lockout... seeing his daddy is a Habs fan. In any case, PK strikes me more than mercenary in this whole debacle.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:28 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Right, that really worked well with Gomez hey!

There is NO GUARANTEE. More chances? Sure, but still, there's the unpredictability of injuries too. At the end, again, there's no guarantee.

And so, maybe just stick to answering the simple question that you completely ignored.
Where do you thing PK will be in 2 years?
So, to make sure you get it right, that's after 3 years and a half of NHL time. Where will he be? Because that would be the end of this supposed 2 year bridge deal.

You should focus more on discussing things and less on trying to insult everybody only to make yourself look worse. Let's discuss hockey and leave it at that.
like everybody else, he'll be a "bargain 5 Mil player" ?

Old
01-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
Bergevin would set a bad precedent in giving in to a holdout. I guess Subban painted himself into a corner, unfortunately.
Fully agreed. PK will have to move in order to get a deal done to stay in Montreal, I have no doubt about that.

A couple of points about this whole Subban thing:
  1. I don't like when people attack his integrity or his attitude in order to prove a point. Those same people were (and will be) the ones to cheer him on when he plays. Remain respectful folks.
  2. The issue is whether he should sign a bridging contract between his ELC and his long term deal or not. There are pros and cons on both sides and most are legitimate. Again, it's a matter of opinion (no right or wrong) and fans should remain respectful even if they disagree. Both have solid grounds.

Personally, I'd prefer seeing a bridging contract for a couple of seasons, at the risk of having to sign him at a higher cap hit the next time around. Here's why:
  • I would like to see him gain in maturity both in the dressing room (the little fights with teammates are getting old) and on the ice (picking his spots a bit better).
  • It would allow two more years to see his potential. Not comparing the length of the contracts here, but who would have thought that Lecavalier and Ovechkin's play would have gone down hill like that? If he's still great after two years, sign him for 8 if you want. Otherwise, don't. His play will ultimately determine his true value then.

Whatever Bergevin decides, I'll definitely respect. Ultimately, it's HIS decision, HIS job that's on the line and not mine, nor is it yours, Habs' fans.

Old
zzoo

Just curious, would you trade PK + Eller + 2nd pick for Ovechkin ?

Old
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Minimum salary in the NHL this season is $525,000 and neither side are requesting a lifetime contract.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:30 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Notice that was framed as a question...

And reading isn't MY thing lol
doesnt change a thing.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:31 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post

nope.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:31 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
You know, I had a similar thought yesterday. But it ended in the fear that Ovechkin would never score 30 again and that we basically would have repeated the Gomez trade.

*shivers*

Old
01-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
Now, that would be entertaining!

wouldn't be farfetched either, with his recent appearence as the weather guy.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Probably not. Not because Ovechkin is a bad player but his 9.5M caphit for many more years scares me away.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
No way, OV looks so out of sync these days...he will be in the KHL and Subban will be a star in the NHL for a long time...

OV has lost his mojo...

Old
01-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Pens fan coming in peace.

Hopefully Subban gets a fair deal (whether long term of short) and people can go back to watching hockey soon (and engaging in that special brand of angst that only Montreal fans can muster, during even the briefest of losing streaks). Must be fun being the Yankees of hockey, expecting a banner every year.

Last place I want to see him is in orange (with the Pronger situation I could see Holmgren going nuts again and making a big splash to get Subban like he did with Weber -- not that Subban is comparable as a D to Weber or would get huge per-year dollars like Weber, but the same philosophy to team building in Philly applies).

That said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltWhitman View Post
You guys are the ones saying there's something wrong with the sport of hockey because your boyfriend didn't get what he wanted in his contract negotiations.

PK isn't only bigger than the Habs. He's bigger than the sport, now.

Thanks for the lulz, you guys.

Walt, if there's ever a re-making of 12 Angry Men based around hockey, you should try out for the Chief Angry Guy. I can see it now:

"The kid plays just a couple years and he thinks he's more important than the TEAM now! And those media ******** with their political correctness, they just e-a-t i-t u-p! You know what I mean?! No white, heterosexual player would ever be allowed to get away with that kind of attitude and nonsense! Why should HE get away with it?! YOU PEOPLE with yer BLEEDIN' HAHTS...."

Keep up the good work. You're not fooling anyone but yourself, apparently.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:34 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
No thanks. Can you imagine how bad that would be think Gomez x1000

Old
01-25-2013, 11:35 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
No, but I would do Eller + 2nd + ? for Nino. I think it's a good move for both teams, as both fit what each team needs.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:36 AM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
You give him the 2 years so he learns the TEAM culture which by all accounts he really hasn't quite grasped at this point. Also if he falters we don't get stuck with another terrible contract for 5 or 6 or 7 years at 5MM a year. I don't think Markov has the ability to play at a level for too much longer he is no Lidstrom and as many here fear he is an injury liability he is one fluke fall/hit away from another knee operation. PK can take the 2 year deal and get on with things.
dont kid yourself ,teams would be lining up trade for pk at 5mil per for 7 years.thats what i dont get about retard bergevin.this isnt luongo we re dealing with here.sign him if it dont work deal him later.how much is his play gonna drop off?if it drops at all.instead mb gonna ruin the whole thing.

Closed Thread