HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 7.0 - Great with computers

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Habtchum*

vCash: 500
Is Benn's contract the new benchmark for Subban ?

Funny to thing that Bob Gainey is working in the GM office in Dallas a d that he possibly advising Neuwendyck.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Just curious, would you trade PK + Eller + 2nd pick for Ovechkin ?
No friggin way

I might consider Plek + PK for Ovechkin + Carlson

Old
01-25-2013, 11:39 AM
FinnHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Your future looks bright.

"This is the most STORIED grocery store franchise in the HISTORY of grocery stores. You must accept minimum wage for the rest of your life!"

You didn't take it? YOU SELFISH EGOMANIAC. How dare you not accept a low-ball offer that is clearly not in the realm of what you are worth?
So, tell me what is Subbans real value is, 5-6Mil? I thinks its 4-4.5Milx3 yrs. Are we far apart?

Old
01-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
You give him the 2 years so he learns the TEAM culture which by all accounts he really hasn't quite grasped at this point. Also if he falters we don't get stuck with another terrible contract for 5 or 6 or 7 years at 5MM a year. I don't think Markov has the ability to play at a level for too much longer he is no Lidstrom and as many here fear he is an injury liability he is one fluke fall/hit away from another knee operation. PK can take the 2 year deal and get on with things.
He isn't a team player? How so? The guy has no problem blocking shots for his team. He has no problem jumping into scrums for his teammates. He is the first to jump on his teammate whenever they score. But all that doesn't matter I guess.

If he falters, other teams will gladly take a risk on him. Players always get 2nd chances. It becomes more complicated to move a player if he screwed up on two different teams.
At 5M/y, he would need to falter BIG TIME for it to be considered to big of a cap hit to risk taking on. I don't think it's realistic to think that in 2-3years, he'll as become so bad that he isn't even good enough to be on a top 4. So, worse case, he'll just be a tad overpaid. Just like Hammer was at 5.5M, but was still very serviceable.
But I don't think PK will falter, I think he'll improve.

I don't think there's that much risk in PK improving. I think there was more risk in Price not turning out to be as solid as expected because goaltending is the toughest spot. But he's looking ready to reach that extra level this year (only 3 games, but man, his technique is solid).
So I think it's the same for PK. Like Price, he just needs to mature up.

As for Markov, we don't know what will happen. Certainly was injury prone over the past years. But doesn't mean he'll get injured again significantly or lose a step. Too early to tell, but I don't think we should already assume Markov will just come off the books and be gone.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:41 AM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Pens fan coming in peace.

Hopefully Subban gets a fair deal (whether long term of short) and people can go back to watching hockey soon (and engaging in that special brand of angst that only Montreal fans can muster, during even the briefest of losing streaks). Must be fun being the Yankees of hockey, expecting a banner every year.

Last place I want to see him is in orange (with the Pronger situation I could see Holmgren going nuts again and making a big splash to get Subban like he did with Weber -- not that Subban is comparable as a D to Weber or would get huge per-year dollars like Weber, but the same philosophy to team building in Philly applies).

That said...

Walt, if there's ever a re-making of 12 Angry Men based around hockey, you should try out for the Chief Angry Guy. I can see it now:

"The kid plays just a couple years and he thinks he's more important than the TEAM now! And those media ******** with their political correctness, they just e-a-t i-t u-p! You know what I mean?! No white, heterosexual player would ever be allowed to get away with that kind of attitude and nonsense! Why should HE get away with it?! YOU PEOPLE with yer BLEEDIN' HAHTS...."

Keep up the good work. You're not fooling anyone but yourself, apparently.
hey buddy its not 1985.open you re eyes to the nhl 2013.players coming off elc's are making big dollars.thats the way it is .you can live with you re head in the sand or wake up to reality.myers,carlso,karlsson,skinner,hall etc.all makin huge coin after a couple years in the league.bottom line is ,if you want good players you have to pay.do you want to win?

Old
01-25-2013, 11:43 AM
SnapVirus

Quote:
That is an interesting offer. Ovechkin is a top10 lw in the league. And he is a close friend to Markov. Problem is, we have nobody in the system that can replace Subban (Beaulieu?).

Ovechkin - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Pacioretty - DD - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust - White - Moen

Thats a hell of a line-up right here. Dont forget that we have NOBODY in the system with Ovechkin's skill set. But we have Ellis, Beaulieu and Tinordi, that 'could' replace Subban's effectiveness.

As much as I like Subban. Moving him for Ovechkin, would give us one of the best forwards group in the NHL. And we have good young prospects on D. But our forwards group, has nobody coming up (maybe collberg?) that can be for sure a good 2nd line forward.

Old
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
As for Markov, we don't know what will happen.
Markov, best D on the team, and that isnt wishful thinking, had been a solid player for more or less ten years, so injuries aside, you know what to expect from him.

Old
zzoo

It's true that Ovec salaray cap is scary. So beside him, who would you want to get for PK + Eller + 2nd pick ? Be as realistic as possible.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
like everybody else, he'll be a "bargain 5 Mil player" ?
You're answering my question with a question? Or was that your answer?
You think he'll be worth 5M in 2 years?
So, you think he's worth what right now?

Old
01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
WaltWhitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post

That said...

Walt, if there's ever a re-making of 12 Angry Men based around hockey, you should try out for the Chief Angry Guy. I can see it now:

"The kid plays just a couple years and he thinks he's more important than the TEAM now! And those media.............................

Keep up the good work. You're not fooling anyone but yourself, apparently.
No, I don't really care about PK Subban or the Habs at all. I'm just enjoying this discussion about race, racism, race relations in pro sports etc.

You can think I am racist if you want. It really just reinforces the point I've been making the whole time.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
dont kid yourself ,teams would be lining up trade for pk at 5mil per for 7 years.thats what i dont get about retard bergevin.this isnt luongo we re dealing with here.sign him if it dont work deal him later.how much is his play gonna drop off?if it drops at all.instead mb gonna ruin the whole thing.
So tell me why all other GMs are also retards for not throwing offersheets of that amount since Bergevin doesn't want to give in to these numbers?

Kinda puts a big dent into your assumption.

Unless Subban did get offersheets and has not signed any, but is insisting on the amounts on those offersheets, which could be higher than the numbers you spoke of, which wouldn't make Bergevin a retard at all.

Point is, people shouldn't make baseless attacks on people like Bergevin and Subban because they are frustrated that the situation hasn't concluded yet. It's childish.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
It's true that Ovec salaray cap is scary. So beside him, who would you want to get for PK + Eller + 2nd pick ? Be as realistic as possible.
So you want to trade a prima donna for another ?

Old
01-25-2013, 11:46 AM
shamrun

Thought this pic was so funny

Old
01-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Markov, best D on the team, and that isnt wishful thinking, had been a solid player for more or less ten years, so injuries aside, you know what to expect from him.
Injuries aside is all what it's about with Markov. If he doesn't have issues this year, then there's no reason to think he'll be injury prone the next season.
But this season needs to go by before making it a definite opinion. He's certainly looking like he was prior to getting injured. Doesn't look like he lost anything, not even speed. Great news so far, but again, only 3 games in. Hopefully he'll remain healthy.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:47 AM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
I would. Just to double check. Ovechkin, right? The guy on the Caps?

Old
01-25-2013, 11:49 AM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
So tell me why all other GMs are also retards for not throwing offersheets of that amount since Bergevin doesn't want to give in to these numbers?

Unless Subban did get offersheets and has not signed any, but is insisting on the amounts on those offersheets, which could be higher than the numbers you spoke of, which wouldn't make Bergevin a retard at all.

Point is, people shouldn't make baseless attacks on people like Bergevin and Subban because they are frustrated that the situation hasn't concluded yet. It's childish.
an offer sheet would help subban at this point wouldnt it?we'd have to match it.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:49 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
bottom line is ,if you want good players you have to pay.do you want to win?
huh, if you're going to ask such a Q, might want to name a few "winners"

Old
01-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post

Thought this pic was so funny
Yeah. PK would look good in a Yankees uniform.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:50 AM
haburger

Quote:

bergevin is totally screwing this up.thats why he is getting attacked.he is a rookie gm and it shows.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:51 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
You're answering my question with a question? Or was that your answer?
You think he'll be worth 5M in 2 years?
So, you think he's worth what right now?
I sure dont think 5 Mil for a player is a bargain.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Because Bergevin would likely match that offer. If it is a 5M cap hit over 7y.
Also, rules have changed. So if it was meant as 7y at 5M= 35M deal.
Under the new CBA, the total amount of the contract is always divided by 5 no matter how many more years you got.
So the cap hit would end up being 35M/5y= 7M cap hit. That's quite high.

Offersheets have become more complicated to do.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:52 AM
haburger

Quote:
huh, if you're going to ask such a Q, might want to name a few "winners"
price and subban are winners.and they will continue to win.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:52 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
an offer sheet would help subban at this point wouldnt it?we'd have to match it.
Only if PK signs it.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:53 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Injuries aside is all what it's about with Markov. If he doesn't have issues this year, then there's no reason to think he'll be injury prone the next season.
But this season needs to go by before making it a definite opinion. He's certainly looking like he was prior to getting injured. Doesn't look like he lost anything, not even speed. Great news so far, but again, only 3 games in. Hopefully he'll remain healthy.
You are correct Markov is looking good. I have noticed hime lacking a little in his lateral movement when taking a pass along the blueline in the FLA game and he seems to favor his hight knee a bit but that is to be expected. Hope he can keep up this play and hope for the best fingers crossed.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:54 AM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
No we don't... mwahahah mwahahahhahahahaaaa!

Closed Thread