HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Emergence of Other Offensive D-man and Erik Karlsson

Old
01-25-2013, 11:41 AM
guyzeur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I was floored. Don't think anyone else in the game would have done that, although some players can...there's a good chance they wouldn't have tried.

The plays he makes to turn the team back on offense are impossible to ignore and impact the game greatly. He's like a defensive back in the neutral zone waiting for a pick-6.

Not to mention, team in general is fast...they look like a swarm of bees but with structure. We haven't played anyone good yet but it's encouraging to see them dictate their style against what I assume to be lesser opponents.
We've played good but we didn't score as much as we should have.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:50 AM
KA BLAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndon Slewidge View Post
True, although the sample size of the pair in 2 games has been revealing, it will be interesting to see how Florida handle's the development of their recent draft acquisitions, the Russian factor has already made an appearance in his career early this season as well.
Because he didn't have a contract with the Panthers at first and missed 1 game? The "Russian Factor" in Benn, Subban and O'Reilly must be incredibly high...

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:51 AM
swiftwin
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
We should start to agree with the rest of HFboards, EK is a 4th forward.

And they should admit that the Sens have an unfair advantage because he is a 4th forward while also playing at defense.

He is worth 2 players when he is on the ice.
Indeed. He is becoming more and more comfortable rushing up the ice. 4th forward should be taken as a compliment though.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

I was his biggest critic for a long time but he really has become one of the best players in the league.

I would say he's the best player on Ottawa now.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

He's playing a different game out there. He's not the best player on the team, he's already the best player to ever lace up a pair of skates for the Sens.
IMO whatever list you put together for the top few players in the league - Karlsson is on that list.

Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Karlsson. (no particular order and im not going to tell you he's better than those guys but he's in that group)

he's simply ridiculous.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
We've played good but we didn't score as much as we should have.
3 games. Beyond the point. Things click if you play well.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:56 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Theodore had most of the net covered. He moved while Karlsson was shooting. He guessed wrong.

That play was sick though. I can't believe he was able to get to the net that fast.

It's one thing to pick off a pass and get a break when you are in full stride, but to pick off a pass, wait for a guy to get onside, still beat three defenders and shoot where a guy used to be...

That's genius.

Karlsson IS one of the best players in the league. He deserves to be in any conversation that includes Crosby and Malkin.
Glad to see other Sens fans thinking that way as I have already been on that bandwagon since the end of the playoffs. Even Nicky "Scambled Eggs" Kypreos said he is one of the best players in the league in last night's broadcast.

Toews and them are great, but not on the same league as Crosby, Malkin, and Karlsson in terms of game breaking abilities. Pure awesomeness these three guys, and it's a pity that Ovie is a shade of his former self for some inexplicable reason when he should be just about reaching his prime.

Good times to be a hockey fan. Haters are gonna hate.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

How can anyone hate karlsson?
if you hate Karlsson you either a Predators fan or dont like hockey.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
http://video.senators.nhl.com/videoc...sole?id=195492 at the very start of the video Karlsson is asked about his goal(im assuming), he kinda smirks or laughs about how it could have gone the other way. He's asked about it again at the end but hes humble about it.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Lehner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndon Slewidge View Post
Ekman-Larsson, Kulikov, Schultz... Poor man Karlssons? Or does anybody else stand a chance at accomplishing what our KK65 has?

Discuss.
This is my sleeper pick, Justin Faulk. I think he will be a high end d-man in the very near future.

Lehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:28 PM
vdB

I put Karlsson on my top line in NHL13.

True story.

vdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:46 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
How can anyone hate karlsson?
if you hate Karlsson you either a Predators fan or dont like hockey.
Shows how much you lurk around the board these days. It's the STL fans that absolutely hate Karlsson and always find a way to get into Karlsson discussion to say how Pie is the greatest thing since interweb.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
Shows how much you lurk around the board these days. It's the STL fans that absolutely hate Karlsson and always find a way to get into Karlsson discussion to say how Pie is the greatest thing since interweb.
Ive noticed Bruins and Wings fans as well, those 2 teams think they own the Norris..

Dysentery is offline   Reply With Quote