HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#4: Pittsburgh Penguins VS Winnipeg Jets @ MTS Centre|Jan.25.2013|8:00PM EST

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2013, 11:55 AM
  #51
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!
 
dr robbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Louis
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
Will Adams finally be scratched tonight?
You guys be crazy. Adams has been playing excellent hockey these last four games. Great on the PK and even at ES has been making a lot of smart plays.

dr robbie is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:55 AM
  #52
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins
 
Sidney the Kidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Maybe it's Despres & Bortuzzo who are playing? Just a thought since Engelland's eye looked pretty nasty the other night. He may be having some vision issues or whatever.
Hopefully that's the case. I'll be pretty pissed if Lovejoy gets the start ahead of *both* Despres and Bortuzzo. Even if Bylsma wants to remove Despres (for what reason, I'm not sure), it makes more sense to give a game to Bortuzzo.

Sidney the Kidney is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:56 AM
  #53
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 28,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Lovejoy playing would make no sense to me. I also thought Engelland was worse than Despres last game.
Lovejoy playing when we have five healthy defensemen makes no sense to me, but I digress . . .

Maybe Dying Alive is right. Maybe the third pairing tonight is Despres-Bortuzzo.

As I said, Despres was pretty solid and improved on a night when most others looked like **** against Toronto. And Engo has looked pretty bad overall.

KIRK is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:56 AM
  #54
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,825
vCash: 500
Will not be happy if Despres is out of the lineup tonight. Will be very happy if it's Despres-Bortuzzo as the third pairing.

mpp9 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:57 AM
  #55
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 28,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr robbie View Post
You guys be crazy. Adams has been playing excellent hockey these last four games. Great on the PK and even at ES has been making a lot of smart plays.
Good hockey, bad hockey . . . the day Craig Adams is scratched is the day they pry the lineup card from Dan Bylsma's hand.

KIRK is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:57 AM
  #56
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,455
vCash: 500
Lovejoy getting in over Bort & Despres is inexcusable.

I do think there is a fair chance that there is the Bort-Despres pairing tonight, though. I can't imagine Engelland's eye is in too great of shape right now.



And the calling for Adams really has to stop, for the time being at least, the guy has been on absolute beast mode on the PK so far this season. Taking him out of the line-up doesn't help this team right now.

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:58 AM
  #57
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 28,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Will not be happy if Despres is out of the lineup tonight. Will be very happy if it's Despres-Bortuzzo as the third pairing.
Yep . . .

KIRK is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:59 AM
  #58
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 32,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Lovejoy getting in over Bort & Despres is inexcusable.

I do think there is a fair chance that there is the Bort-Despres pairing tonight, though. I can't imagine Engelland's eye is in too great of shape right now.



And the calling for Adams really has to stop, for the time being at least, the guy has been on absolute beast mode on the PK so far this season. Taking him out of the line-up doesn't help this team right now.
I thought that Engelland's eye injury really cost us against Toronto. He looked a bit lost out there at times after.

Jaded-Fan is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:59 AM
  #59
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Lovejoy playing when we have five healthy defensemen makes no sense to me, but I digress . . .

Maybe Dying Alive is right. Maybe the third pairing tonight is Despres-Bortuzzo.

As I said, Despres was pretty solid and improved on a night when most others looked like **** against Toronto. And Engo has looked pretty bad overall.
Agreed.

Captain Hook is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:00 PM
  #60
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I thought that Engelland's eye injury really cost us against Toronto. He looked a bit lost out there at times after.
Absolutely. Which should be expected when you essentially lose your depth perception.

Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:03 PM
  #61
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 28,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I thought that Engelland's eye injury really cost us against Toronto. He looked a bit lost out there at times after.
He's looked a bit lost before that.

KIRK is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:03 PM
  #62
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.
 
Dying Alive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
MolinariPG 1:00pm via Twitter for iPhone

Vokoun is first goalie off the ice. Usually means he is getting the start.
Interesting. I wonder if that was scheduled. Quite honestly Fleury was the least of the Pens' problems on Wednesday night.

Dying Alive is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:04 PM
  #63
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk
 
M0NTY26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,483
vCash: 500
Lets do it boys.

M0NTY26 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:05 PM
  #64
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 28,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Interesting. I wonder if that was scheduled. Quite honestly Fleury was the least of the Pens' problems on Wednesday night.
Flower against Ottawa to exercise last year's demons, like the rationale for the start to open against the Flyers rather than the Rangers?

KIRK is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:05 PM
  #65
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
He's looked a bit lost before that.
I'm sure Cole will be the first to tear me a new one, but I think Bortuzzo deserves a shot in the top 6 for a few games. Engelland definitely has not looked good thus far IMO.

If Ben Lovejoy gets the nod over either of them, he will have ruined my friday night.

mpp9 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:05 PM
  #66
WarriorScholar
Registered User
 
WarriorScholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,008
vCash: 500
It a must win

WarriorScholar is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:10 PM
  #67
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Interesting. I wonder if that was scheduled. Quite honestly Fleury was the least of the Pens' problems on Wednesday night.
Considering how many games they want to give Vokoun this year...it's not surprising.

Fleury definitely was the least of our problems on Wednesday, though.

Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:12 PM
  #68
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres
 
Zatch88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Johnstown
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 404
vCash: 500
predicting a loss with 4-5 goals against. I have absolutely zero faith in MAF right now.

Zatch88 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:13 PM
  #69
Pfnf
Registered User
 
Pfnf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tyrol Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 1,519
vCash: 500
looks like Lovejoy and Engelland will be in tonight

Pfnf is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:13 PM
  #70
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 28,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I'm sure Cole will be the first to tear me a new one, but I think Bortuzzo deserves a shot in the top 6 for a few games. Engelland definitely has not looked good thus far IMO.

If Ben Lovejoy gets the nod over either of them, he will have ruined my friday night.
I don't know, Cole or not, I've watched Despres-Engo closely. Let's just say that a fair part of Despres' growing pains have not been of his own making.

KIRK is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:14 PM
  #71
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,455
vCash: 500
Penguins confirm it on Twitter that Lovejoy is in. Engelland says his eye isn't an issue.

Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:15 PM
  #72
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 33,013
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Absolutely. Which should be expected when you essentially lose your depth perception.
Exactly this. Which is why I thought Bort should take Engo for a game just to get it back to full health.

Lovejoy over Despres is shockingly bad.

ColePens is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:16 PM
  #73
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins
 
Sidney the Kidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfnf View Post
looks like Lovejoy and Engelland will be in tonight
Sometimes Bylsma just makes me want to kick kittens. I mean, he's a good coach and all. But some of his roster decisions ... ugh.

Sidney the Kidney is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:16 PM
  #74
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Exactly this. Which is why I thought Bort should take Engo for a game just to get it back to full health.

Lovejoy over Despres is shockingly bad.
You could make an argument that Engelland deserves to watch a game from the box for a night without the injury.

Really displeased about that third pairing tonight. The two better defenders for tonight are in the press box.

Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:16 PM
  #75
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 28,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfnf View Post
looks like Lovejoy and Engelland will be in tonight
And that's why Dan Bylsma is one of the best coaches in hockey, especially when it comes to the lineup card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
You could make an argument that Engelland deserves to watch a game from the box for a night without the injury.

Really displeased about that third pairing tonight. The two better defenders for tonight are in the press box.
See about a centimeter above.

KIRK is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.