HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pitt/Ana (Perry)

Old
01-25-2013, 01:17 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Some of the ones bandied about in this thread are fine, and about what I'd expect in this situation. Granted a need or two might crop up around the time a deal like this would go down, and that might push us one way or another. At the moment we have only one glaring need: a 2C, but we're watching three young players fight it out for that spot(Bonino, Rakell, and Holland). The structure of the proposals seems right.
Good to hear because last year was train wreck for Anaheim/Pittsburgh proposals. Hopefully these two teams can work something out.

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:20 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
I do think the Flyers may be a better fit asset-wise, as in they have young, cheap forwards to give up, but really once they`ve given up their cheap forwards for Perry and need to re-sign Giroux and Couturier, they are going to have even less defense than they Pens after fitting Perry in.
Please enlighten me on who Philly would give up for Perry. Be serious. I'm not saying they don't have assets, but they won't trade one name you are thinking. The Flyers have less defense now than the Pens do and that's before fitting in Perry.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Why are there so many posts assuming that Perry would sign for 6.5-7M? The only way the Ducks couldn't sign him to that cap is if Perry just flat out doesn't want to be here.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:24 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
If Perry goes on the market, UFA or not, the bidding would be way out of the Pens range.

I can't even see him going to the Pens in the Summer either.

Hopefully Ducks find a way to lock him up.
Do you realize how much the Pens offered Parise? I wouldn't say that at all.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Do you realize how much the Pens offered Parise? I wouldn't say that at all.
Did Parise sign? No.

It is pretty obvious FAs aren't running to the Pens just because they have Crosby and Malkin.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:31 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Did Parise sign? No.

It is pretty obvious FAs aren't running to the Pens just because they have Crosby and Malkin.
UMMM ... they offered a hefty contract; therefore, they had the $$$. Someone shouldn't say if Perry went on the market, the Pens would be priced out. That is a retarded statement.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:32 PM
OCSportsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Why are there so many posts assuming that Perry would sign for 6.5-7M? The only way the Ducks couldn't sign him to that cap is if Perry just flat out doesn't want to be here.
Correct, Perry is going to get closer to $8 million.

Also, from a Ducks perspective, we would only do a deal if Letang came back, but we would give you Sbisa, a Top 4 defensemen (with upside he is only 22) with a good contract to sweeten the deal. We need a top pairing guy to improve, that is about it (and I dont see Malkin or Crosby coming back)

If not, we would probably shop other teams that are interested to see what we could get. If we know he is not going to sign and it is getting late, we could go for anything I guess.

OCSportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
UMMM ... they offered a hefty contract; therefore, they had the $$$. Someone shouldn't say if Perry went on the market, the Pens would be priced out. That is a retarded statement.
Pay attention.

The Pens not only would have to outbid a plethora of other teams for Perry, but he would have to want to actually play for the Pens.

There is zero evidence Pgh is a place UFAs are clamoring to go.

If you want to have your own little fantasies about Perry flanking Crosby, cool.

I prefer to look at the realistic chances of it happening, which are slim at best.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:16 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Pay attention.

The Pens not only would have to outbid a plethora of other teams for Perry, but he would have to want to actually play for the Pens.

If you want to have your own little fantasies about Perry flanking Crosby, cool.

I prefer to look at the realistic chances of it happening, which are slim at best.
Eh. Parise wanted to play with Suter. Minnesota worked out for them.

We matched what other teams were offering. I'd explore other avenues, but I think it could be a possiblity.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Pittsburgh is better off get a 60 pt winger for ~5 M. That suits their cap better, and honestly that's all Crosby really needs to decrease some of the pressure from him.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Eh. Parise wanted to play with Suter. Minnesota worked out for them.

We matched what other teams were offering. I'd explore other avenues, but I think it could be a possiblity.
Anything is a possibility, but do you really want a contract like that on the books for the Pens? I love Parise, but Perry is a notch above him. He is THE premiere winger in the game.

You will have 12-15 GMS offering him big money, a few will offer stupid money, and below that will be Shero. Shero will make a middle of the pack offer, and have to rely on the allure of playing with Crosby/Malkin.

As we keep finding out, that perk does little when UFAs are deciding where to go.

Maybe Perry gets to UFA... maybe he thinks Crosby is the coolest and will take a little less to play with him... maybe if you bet your house on it, you will be train hopping.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:30 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
No idea why the Penguins would trade for Perry. They have the 2 best centers in the game, they should be looking for complimentary wingers, rather than paying for elite guys.
Just like they have no idea how Perry would slot in at center when he's a RW?! Seriously, I understand mistakes can be made but thats a pretty big one considering your entire post is sounding awfully foolish.

Perry would be the perfect "complimentary winger". He has tons of credentials. 50 goal scorer, Hart trophy winner, high skill set and is a tough customer. He adds some protection for mush head Sid. I also think Shero could get him re-signed which would make Pitts offense lethal.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:37 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Anything is a possibility, but do you really want a contract like that on the books for the Pens? I love Parise, but Perry is a notch above him. He is THE premiere winger in the game.

You will have 12-15 GMS offering him big money, a few will offer stupid money, and below that will be Shero. Shero will make a middle of the pack offer, and have to rely on the allure of playing with Crosby/Malkin.

As we keep finding out, that perk does little when UFAs are deciding where to go.

Maybe Perry gets to UFA... maybe he thinks Crosby is the coolest and will take a little less to play with him... maybe if you bet your house on it, you will be train hopping.
I'd imagine Shero would want to talk to Perry's agent. But even if he's just a rental, that's a tough one to pass up.

Absurd contract length is out the door. I'd imagine he'll want to go to a Cup contender if he's leaving Anaheim. Do I think Shero would pay him 8 mil for 7 years? Hell yes I do.

But as you said, all we need is a couple of upgrades over what we have right now. Doesn't change the fact Shero would be willing to make the space and trade the assets IMO.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
Just like they have no idea how Perry would slot in at center when he's a RW?! Seriously, I understand mistakes can be made but thats a pretty big one considering your entire post is sounding awfully foolish.

Perry would be the perfect "complimentary winger". He has tons of credentials. 50 goal scorer, Hart trophy winner, high skill set and is a tough customer. He adds some protection for mush head Sid. I also think Shero could get him re-signed which would make Pitts offense lethal.
Plus he comes with Giroux elbowing action!

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Cap-wise the Penguins can afford Perry. They are 9 million under the cap this year and almost 12 million under the cap next year. And the year after that many contracts expire so they will be nearly 40 million under (some big names like Malkin and Letang do need to be resigned however). Shero was ready to give Staal 5 million/year, I'm sure he could fit Perry in.

Now whether or not Anaheim is interested in anything Pittsburgh has to offer is another matter...
I don't think Pitt has anything we would want.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Ugene Malkin
BŁck Dich Baby!

If they needed a center something around.

TK, Jeffrey, one of (Despres, Morrow, Pouliot) 1st 2013

If they want Bennett as part of the package, then we take out TK and the three D-man choice and their stuck with Harrington as their choice to look like this.

Bennett, Jeffrey, Harrington, 1st 2013.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
Just curious...does Pittsburgh not have ONE good winger prospect? Not one? With Malkin and Crosby most likely set to be Penguins for life, I'm sure they can find their wingers through the draft- seeing that the ones they have right now are very good (Neal, Kunitz) to decent (Kennedy, Dupuis)- rather than throw big dollars at high-priced UFAs and having to pinch money on other positions?
That would require Shero actually drafting a winger.

We should be looking forward to Forsberg on Sid's wing in a year or two, but we all know who happened.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:39 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Pay attention.

UMMM... don't need to pay attention. I think you need to genius.

"If Perry goes on the market, UFA or not, the bidding would be way out of the Pens range." This was your initial comment. Pittsburgh has the $$$. If Pittsburgh doesn't, neither do many other teams because they are up at the cap, or many won't spend it. You made it out to be a bidding war.

The second part is an opinion of yours and nothing else - you don't see him ending up in Pittsburgh anyway and that is fine. But don't be a fool to think Pittsburgh doesn't have the $$$ which you are making it out to be.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:37 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

We're going to know real soon where Perry stands, Dreger speculates he could command/ask for 9 million per. if he does he will not be a duck unless he comes down

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:45 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Did Parise sign? No.

I believe the point of what the Pens offered Parise was to address the argument that the Pens can't afford to offer a comparable amount to Perry.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
UMMM... don't need to pay attention. I think you need to genius.

"If Perry goes on the market, UFA or not, the bidding would be way out of the Pens range." This was your initial comment. Pittsburgh has the $$$. If Pittsburgh doesn't, neither do many other teams because they are up at the cap, or many won't spend it. You made it out to be a bidding war.

The second part is an opinion of yours and nothing else - you don't see him ending up in Pittsburgh anyway and that is fine. But don't be a fool to think Pittsburgh doesn't have the $$$ which you are making it out to be.
Let me pull you out of your fantasy land for a minute, if possible:

Which option do you thnk is realistic:

A. Shero will be one of the highest bidders for Perry's services?

B. Perry takes a discount to come play with Crosby?

A is obviously never going to happen. If you think Shero will be in the top three bidders, go back to sleep.

B is the only slim chance there is.

Now feel free to list all of the big name FAs who took discounts to play with Crosby/Malkin.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
Why?
Because you guys traded away the perfect return last offseason.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Is there a special buyout rule this summer applicable only to the Penguins?

Your skills as a capologist notwithstanding, Shero didn't offer Parise big bucks saying to himself 'gee, if he signs, I'm going to have to move Letang'.
Amnesty buyouts this summer, and next summer that don't count against the cap. Martin would cost nothing to buyout.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:49 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
Because you guys traded away the perfect return last offseason.
Don't you guys have three up and coming center prospects fighting it out? That's what I heard a couple pages back from an Anaheim fan.

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:51 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
not a fan of either team, and dislike the pens.

But I'd still love to see a Crosby/Perry Malkin/Neal offence.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote